joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

Another week, another request for information about when I might expect my wine to arrive. Please, the silence is killing me!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Oh, you're going to buy us a case of Kronos as a wedding gift? How nice of you.

(yeah, no way we could ever afford that....as it is, it's looking like I'll be needing/wanting to buy a new car shortly....so money is soon to be something I have to worry about bigtime )

cheron98 wrote:Plus the a/c i have to buy, plus the a/c you're probably going to have to buy...plus, oh yeah, the wedding.

Ok, here is where I exit, there are way too many wedding comments flying around and I know it's stressing at least Cheron, and probably you too HAK. The privilege and pleasure of planning your lives should be left to you two. My apologies.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
joelsisk wrote:Another week, another request for information about when I might expect my wine to arrive. Please, the silence is killing me!

Any shipping updates? I also chose the first ship date, and since I'm going to be moving in 3 weeks I'm starting to get a teensy bit worried >.>

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Itwdswafo wrote:Any shipping updates? I also chose the first ship date, and since I'm going to be moving in 3 weeks I'm starting to get a teensy bit worried >.>

Now, if you had it shipped to your wine locker, on a pallet, like zTimBz, whatshisname, and I, you'd have it already!

Oh wait, you are whatshisname!!! Check with Felicia, because we got it last week, and yours should have been on the pallet too.

Edit: Um, the week (it arrived on the 12th or 13th) before.

Dang, time flies when you're having fun!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Itwdswafo

MarkDaSpark wrote:Now, if you had it shipped to your wine locker, on a pallet, like zTimBz, whatshisname, and I, you'd have it already!

Oh wait, you are whatshisname!!! Check with Felicia, because we got it last week, and yours should have been on the pallet too.

Edit: Um, the week (it arrived on the 12th or 13th) before.

Dang, time flies when you're having fun!

That was my dad's half of the shipment, we share a locker there. He's already gone in and emailed me a list of everything that arrived. Still waiting for my shipment here in NY.

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk
Itwdswafo wrote:Any shipping updates? I also chose the first ship date, and since I'm going to be moving in 3 weeks I'm starting to get a teensy bit worried >.>

WD wrote to me via email explaining what happened on his end, and I am expecting my wine to arrive this week.

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:That was my dad's half of the shipment, we share a locker there. He's already gone in and emailed me a list of everything that arrived. Still waiting for my shipment here in NY.

Well, you didn't say that!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm

YAY! I can't believe it but I actually succeeded in making vinegar from the party wine. Whoop should have some by the end of the week to help determine the name. I am also working on bottling. There isn't a lot in this first batch, but I'll try to share. I think it's pretty good!

Itwdswafo

winefarm wrote:YAY! I can't believe it but I actually succeeded in making vinegar from the party wine. Whoop should have some by the end of the week to help determine the name. I am also working on bottling. There isn't a lot in this first batch, but I'll try to share. I think it's pretty good!

Awesome!

tiger7610

quality posts: 16 Private Messages tiger7610
Itwdswafo wrote:Awesome!

Would we see it on woot?

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
tiger7610 wrote:Would we see it on woot?

Probably not, but if a little bottle were to make it into my tour shipment....

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

rpm

quality posts: 166 Private Messages rpm
winefarm wrote:YAY! I can't believe it but I actually succeeded in making vinegar from the party wine. Whoop should have some by the end of the week to help determine the name. I am also working on bottling. There isn't a lot in this first batch, but I'll try to share. I think it's pretty good!

SWMBO will definitely want some....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
rpm wrote:SWMBO will definitely want some....

This is definitely a beta operation. But as I understand the process, I can just keep adding more wine to the mother batch and then wait a couple of weeks to get the right consistency. I'll do my best to make sure there is always a little leftover wine around here. That's not always an easy task! I love the encouragement and will do my best to share. Just go easy on my ego when giving feedback

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:Looks like the Pedroncelli's added the port cupcake recipe to their website:

Tasty Heaven

Going to see if I can get a recipe going with the white port too. Next NY Gathering?

Looks like they took it down for some reason. But there was still a cached copy.

Recipe in the Pub for now.

MarkDaSpark

winefarm wrote:This is definitely a beta operation. But as I understand the process, I can just keep adding more wine to the mother batch and then wait a couple of weeks to get the right consistency. I'll do my best to make sure there is always a little leftover wine around here. That's not always an easy task! I love the encouragement and will do my best to share. Just go easy on my ego when giving feedback

A standing ovation good enough?

chipgreen

quality posts: 173 Private Messages chipgreen

Very cool! I have some bottles of wine that have likely made themselves into vinegar by now.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 193 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Hi All,

for those in the second phase of RPM shipments, we intend to initiate those packages next week. i will be sure to forward tracking immediately. the east coast delvieries will likely be the following week. this is so the wines don't sit around over the weekend.

more details shortly.

thanks,

p.s. i tasted the vinegar, winefarm's got some game..

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
Winedavid39 wrote:

I thought you figured that out a while back......

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

mchoffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mchoffin

Sounds awesome. looking forward to tasting my purchases!

Winedavid39 wrote:Hi All,

for those in the second phase of RPM shipments, we intend to initiate those packages next week. i will be sure to forward tracking immediately. the east coast delvieries will likely be the following week. this is so the wines don't sit around over the weekend.

more details shortly.

thanks,

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest

That's awesome, brava!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

most tracking sent to email addresses on file from RPM tour.

please let me know if you are expecting a package (s) and did not recieve an email.

thanks!

mchoffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mchoffin

David, I have not received an e-mail with tracking information. My e-mail address is (mod: email edited out)

Winedavid39 wrote:most tracking sent to email addresses on file from RPM tour.

please let me know if you are expecting a package (s) and did not recieve an email.

thanks!

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
mchoffin wrote:David, I have not received an e-mail with tracking information. My e-mail address is xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

You should edit this post and remove your email unless you want spam. Use a private message instead.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

thanks!

Got my tracking list last night. TEN boxes!!!! All going to mom's house this afternoon, and if mom is still out (like she is now), then grandma gets to sign for them all. LOL
I know two of them are the 3L bottles, but almost 8 other cases? Cat & I didn't recall that we bought that much....oops guess we went a little overboard. Gonna be fun trying to sort through it all after moving it from the garage (where it will get delivered today) to the back corner of their basement.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Got my tracking list last night. TEN boxes!!!! All going to mom's house this afternoon, and if mom is still out (like she is now), then grandma gets to sign for them all. LOL
I know two of them are the 3L bottles, but almost 8 other cases? Cat & I didn't recall that we bought that much....oops guess we went a little overboard. Gonna be fun trying to sort through it all after moving it from the garage (where it will get delivered today) to the back corner of their basement.

See, he was clearly waiting until I was here to visit to get it delivered.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

JOATMON

mchoffin wrote:David, I have not received an e-mail with tracking information. My e-mail address is (mod: email edited out)

Yeah, I didn't get an email, either.

I'll PM.

(as of 2011-03-02)

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

JOATMON wrote:Yeah, I didn't get an email, either.

I'll PM.

check your PM

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
JOATMON wrote:Yeah, I didn't get an email, either.

I'll PM.

I got my shipment today, although the tracking isn't up yet. Be alert!

klezman

quality posts: 118 Private Messages klezman

Got my email from WD last night, checked tracking this morning, received the goods this afternoon. Perfect! Thanks again WD!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

JOATMON

Winedavid39 wrote:check your PM

Replied

(as of 2011-03-02)

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ddeuddeg

thanks!

Email arrived today, exactly 30 minutes after the wine was delivered. No call from the FedEx folks who accepted the delivery, because I forgot to put my phone # with the shipping info. Thanks to tracking info in the email, I knew it was delivered, so I went to pick it up right away, since they don't have much space over there. Now I just have to figure out where to put it all.
A thousand thanks for taking such great care of us.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I know two of them are the 3L bottles, but almost 8 other cases? Cat & I didn't recall that we bought that much....oops guess we went a little overboard.

I thought Cat said excitement wasn't an excuse?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

JOATMON

Winedavid39 wrote:check your PM

Who hoo! Wine is here! Now I can find out exactly what it was that I bought at Hall.

Thank you, WD!

(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

I bought a Hall 2006 Bergfeld Cabernet Sauvignon on the RPM trip. Did anybody else, and if so, how much did you pay for it? I never got an invoice, receipt, or anything else, and now I have no idea what was list, what discount we got, or anything else...

(as of 2011-03-02)

justplainjulie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages justplainjulie

It's here!!!!! Everything showed up at the office today complete and intact. It's like Christmas opening the boxes.

Itwdswafo

I'm just happy that my palate was well enough during the trip to determine "good" wines... I've been really happy with the bottles I've opened so far. Getting excited for the next trip!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Wine received!

WD--check your email.

Thanks!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

Cesare

quality posts: 1547 Private Messages Cesare

Nice article about the renovated Buena Vista winery.
Winery to resume wine-making in old buildings

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
JOATMON wrote:I bought a Hall 2006 Bergfeld Cabernet Sauvignon on the RPM trip. Did anybody else, and if so, how much did you pay for it?

I had a Hall order form packed among my wines. That wine lists at $140 and club price is $126. I'm thinking we got club price + 7.75% tax.

(Impressive! That was the most expensive wine they had available - the Mt. Veeder being sold out.)

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

By any chance did anyone end up with an extra 6 bottles of wine?

I think I bought 30 bottles of wine (what I posted previously) + a double magnum from Scott. Only 24 bottles arrived. That said, the only 2 bottles I cannot account for are a Pinot Noir from Iron Horse, and a 2009 Cab from Robert Craig. My wife thinks I packed them, and I remember wanting to pack them, but decided against it since I remember our suitcase being close to the weight limit. I've looked through my wine cellar, and didn't find either bottle.

WD, did you find an extra 6 bottles somewhere?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir