MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
winefarm wrote:Dented Truck

Drew's Lament.

Edit: Me!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rpm

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rpm

Much Dedoo About Something

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

Can't wait to see the label for this one.

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Whatever happened with the tour wine shipments?

Seems like a few shipped, but many more did not.

I'm only a couple of hours away, it's been nice and cool, perfect for shipping, but summer sipping days are quickly slipping away as fall sets upon us.

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

Anyone recall what the drinking window was on that 1995 Dry Creek Vintner's Reserve?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
zTimothyBz wrote:Anyone recall what the drinking window was on that 1995 Dry Creek Vintner's Reserve?

Sadly I don't even recall him telling us what it might be. I would of course love to know as well.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

bsevern wrote:Whatever happened with the tour wine shipments?

Seems like a few shipped, but many more did not.

I'm only a couple of hours away, it's been nice and cool, perfect for shipping, but summer sipping days are quickly slipping away as fall sets upon us.

Did you not get the email from WD asking people about which shipping option they wanted? If not, then you'll be getting yours during the last week of September when he does the next round of shipments.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Wrong Thread

bsevern

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Did you not get the email from WD asking people about which shipping option they wanted? If not, then you'll be getting yours during the last week of September when he does the next round of shipments.

Why yes I did, which I promptly replied that I'd like option #1, hence the inquiry. Capiche?

rpm

bsevern wrote:Why yes I did, which I promptly replied that I'd like option #1, hence the inquiry. Capiche?

Likewise, I replied option #1, have not seen hide nor hair...

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

Any chance we can get an update on shipping? I'm not keen on spending ANOTHER Thursday and Friday camped out at the house, wondering when, IF, the wine will show up... I honestly don't really care when I get the wine, but having the correct information would make the experience less frustrating.

rpm

The bliss of arrival and the shock of what I bought....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

MarkDaSpark

rpm wrote:The bliss of arrival and the shock of what I bought....

Your shock? Imagine the surprise at our wine locker storage when the pallet of wine (Tim's, mine, and a 3rd?) arrives in Irvine!

Yes, you read that right. A pallet!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Your shock? Imagine the surprise at our wine locker storage when the pallet of wine (Tim's, mine, and a 3rd?) arrives in Irvine!

FedEx called; 22 boxes/cases. Please come fetch. Supposed to go directly to the locker, sigh...

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
rjquillin wrote:FedEx called; 22 boxes/cases. Please come fetch. Supposed to go directly to the locker, sigh...

Twenty. Two.

Holy. Crap.

By the way, if you're still lurking in here, WD, thank you so much for expending so much time and effort into providing this service to us for shipping. I'm sure Amazon wouldn't look too kindly on the cost that this must be to you/your company - good thing they only own Woot and not Wine Country Connect

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bsevern

Nothing here yet, and I live less then two hours from WCC.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
rpm wrote:The bliss of arrival and the shock of what I bought....

A bit of a contrast, it would seem between this post and the one on 8/21/2008:

rpm wrote:Our Tour Wine arrived today. O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
MarkDaSpark wrote:Your shock? Imagine the surprise at our wine locker storage when the pallet of wine (Tim's, mine, and a 3rd?) arrives in Irvine!

I have wine going there too, did Felicia call you?

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:I have wine going there too, did Felicia call you?

No, you have no wine.

Ah, so you are the 3rd one. WD called to make sure they could pallatize our wine.

rpm

ddeuddeg wrote:

Not really, I just had a better idea of what I spent the first time because SWMBO was all over me about it...this time I was focused far more on my job as Chief Tour Guide and Irreverent Commmentator than on what I was buying.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
rpm wrote:Not really, I just had a better idea of what I spent the first time because SWMBO was all over me about it...this time I was focused far more on my job as Chief Tour Guide and Irreverent Commentator than on what I was buying.

Indeed. There are advantages to an SWMBO who has a black square of her own.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

zTimothyBz

rpm wrote:

In this post, Roy Hersh who runs the For The love Of Port site, tells the story of how he revealed to his wife that he has a bunch of wine stored in England during a game of Truth or Dare...

My cellar

rpm

zTimothyBz wrote:In this post, Roy Hersh who runs the For The love Of Port site, tells the story of how he revealed to his wife that he has a bunch of wine stored in England during a game of Truth or Dare...

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

rjquillin

cheron98 wrote:Twenty. Two.

Holy. Crap.

By the way, if you're still lurking in here, WD, thank you so much for expending so much time and effort into providing this service to us for shipping. I'm sure Amazon wouldn't look too kindly on the cost that this must be to you/your company - good thing they only own Woot and not Wine Country Connect

Twenty Two, (WD count on the phone) actually turned out to be seventeen. Five more to pick up and I have no idea what they are.
Got lots of Scott Harvey, Wellington, Dry Creek, Wm. Harrison, Pedroncelli, Corison and Hall; so far...

CT

bsevern

rjquillin wrote:Twenty Two, (WD count on the phone) actually turned out to be seventeen. Five more to pick up and I have no idea what they are.
Got lots of Scott Harvey, Wellington, Dry Creek, Wm. Harrison, Pedroncelli, Corison and Hall; so far...

I have this sneaky suspicion they sent my Scott Harvey wine to you, even though I clearly had the lady collecting the money document the order....oh well.

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:I have this sneaky suspicion they sent my Scott Harvey wine to you, even though I clearly had the lady collecting the money document the order....oh well.

Need to check if I have purchase records, but:
(1) 2009 SH J&S Barbera
(3) 2007 Jana Riesling
(6) 2009 Jana Old Vine Riesling
(3) Forte
(1) 2007 InZin mag
(1) 2010 SH Amador OVR Zin mag

so far...

I know there should be more than this.
Have you gotten any of yours yet?
Monica seems pretty good about keeping things sorted out.

CT

bsevern

rjquillin wrote:Need to check if I have purchase records, but:
(1) 2009 SH J&S Barbera
(3) 2007 Jana Riesling
(6) 2009 Jana Old Vine Riesling
(3) Forte
(1) 2007 InZin mag
(1) 2010 SH Amador OVR Zin mag

so far...

I know there should be more than this.
Have you gotten any of yours yet?

Interesting.

Nope, I haven't seen a single bottle. I know we split of case of Rose' and don't see any on your list, so hopefully there's more to come

IIRC I had a couple bottles each of Barbera, Syrah, and Zin, plus the half case of Rose'. Guess we'll see how this unfolds. May have been a few more bottles, I can't recall.

zTimothyBz

rjquillin wrote:FedEx called; 22 boxes/cases.

Yowza! I didn't even buy half as much!

My cellar

rjquillin

zTimothyBz wrote:Yowza! I didn't even buy half as much!

Half as much? We talkin' ml, bottles or $$? I know you topped me on at least one, if not two of those three.

Turned out it wasn't actually 22 as I was first told, just 17. But with club, wtso and LB shipments also arriving too...

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rjquillin wrote:Half as much? We talkin' ml, bottles or $$? I know you topped me on at least one, if not two of those three.

Turned out it wasn't actually 22 as I was first told, just 17. But with club, wtso and LB shipments also arriving too...

So was it just 17 boxes, or 17 cases? There is a big difference between the two.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin

North316 wrote:So was it just 17 boxes, or 17 cases? There is a big difference between the two.

Fifteen cases, two boxes (mags).
But this doesn't include the five + cases I drove back that weren't shipped.

Cut me some slack here, it was my first, and second, tours. I didn't know how to pace myself, likely still don't for that matter.

CT

zTimothyBz

rjquillin wrote:Fifteen cases, two boxes (mags).
But this doesn't include the five + cases I drove back that weren't shipped.

I went back and looked. On the 2008 tour, I was teased about how much I bought, and that was only 10 cases - see the "wine-lapse photography" I posted earlier in this thread. (I also joined the wine clubs at Wellington and Corison.)

This trip was 162 bottles - counting magnums x2 - and I still blame HAK and Cheron for Corison. That includes both what WD is shipping and what we carted home, but excludes Hall and Iron horse, because I don't know what I got there, but I'll guess 6 more bottles to bring the total to 14 cases. (And I joined the wine club at Martini.)

My cellar

cheron98

zTimothyBz wrote:I went back and looked. On the 2008 tour, I was teased about how much I bought, and that was only 10 cases - see the "wine-lapse photography" I posted earlier in this thread. (I also joined the wine clubs at Wellington and Corison.)

This trip was 162 bottles - counting magnums x2 - and I still blame HAK and Cheron for Corison. That includes both what WD is shipping and what we carted home, but excludes Hall and Iron horse, because I don't know what I got there, but I'll guess 6 more bottles to bring the total to 14 cases. (And I joined the wine club at Martini.)

Hey now, neither of us forced you to buy 2 of everything she was selling. And it's not like she extended a 30% discount to everyone that day - just me

(Yes, not even HAK got the 30%. Just me. It is good to be the bride to be)

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
cheron98 wrote:Hey now, neither of us forced you to buy 2 of everything she was selling. And it's not like she extended a 30% discount to everyone that day - just me

(Yes, not even HAK got the 30%. Just me. It is good to be the bride to be)

With as good a year as '12 is looking you and HAK may have to go in for a case of Kronos when it comes out. To celebrate 5, 10, 15..... And so on.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
cheron98 wrote: It is good to be the bride to be)

It sure is! Congrats, again!

zTimothyBz

cheron98 wrote:Hey now, neither of us forced you to...

Irrelevant, at least in terms of blaming you.

Just think of all the things you blame Sparky for - and doesn't he deserve it?

My cellar

MarkDaSpark

zTimothyBz wrote:Irrelevant, at least in terms of blaming you.

Just think of all the things you blame Sparky for - and doesn't he deserve it?

Nope, all blame goes to Corrado!

HitAnyKey42

cmaldoon wrote:With as good a year as '12 is looking you and HAK may have to go in for a case of Kronos when it comes out. To celebrate 5, 10, 15..... And so on.

Oh, you're going to buy us a case of Kronos as a wedding gift? How nice of you.

(yeah, no way we could ever afford that....as it is, it's looking like I'll be needing/wanting to buy a new car shortly....so money is soon to be something I have to worry about bigtime )

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Oh, you're going to buy us a case of Kronos as a wedding gift? How nice of you.

(yeah, no way we could ever afford that....as it is, it's looking like I'll be needing/wanting to buy a new car shortly....so money is soon to be something I have to worry about bigtime )

Plus the a/c i have to buy, plus the a/c you're probably going to have to buy...plus, oh yeah, the wedding.

zTimothyBz

HitAnyKey42 wrote:(yeah, no way we could ever afford that....

You've got years - Cathy hasn't even put the 2008 on her site, yet.

One mistake and you could have a kid in preschool before that wine becomes available...

My cellar