Winedavid39

quality posts: 211 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Itwdswafo wrote:That was me! Though, it should be shipped to my dad's address. Sorry to hear about that, but thanks for bringing it up!

ok, thanks. of all that had to break... all good, contacting Kunde for replacement.

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
Winedavid39 wrote:Hello..

ok, a couple of issues i need to bring to the attention of this thread:

2. who ordered the Hall Merlot? we somehow did not identify.

thanks,

I ordered at least one, possibly two or more line items just to be nice to them. But since we didn't get receipts at the time...

If you have my Hall identified, it's someone else's.

CT

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
rjquillin wrote:I ordered at least one, possibly two or more line items just to be nice to them. But since we didn't get receipts at the time...

If you have my Hall identified, it's someone else's.

I too ordered from hall, but like rjquillin, we didn't get receipts, and I forgot what I ordered.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

rjquillin

PM regarding Hall for you WD

Winedavid39 wrote:Hello..

ok, a couple of issues i need to bring to the attention of this thread:
2. who ordered the Hall Merlot? we somehow did not identify.

thanks,

CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
Winedavid39 wrote:2. who ordered the Hall Merlot? we somehow did not identify.

That would be me - as I recall, George called me at our next tasting stop to ask if that was what I really meant, since we didn't taste any Merlots there. (I don't recall if I also got a bottle of white wine, there.)

-- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

A super RPM overload of wine just showed up at my UPS box. Thanks for the free shipping WD and WCC!

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

zTimothyBz wrote:That would be me - as I recall, George called me at our next tasting stop to ask if that was what I really meant, since we didn't taste any Merlots there. (I don't recall if I also got a bottle of white wine, there.)

-- T

Yes, confirmed. that's what he thought, but wanted to make sure. for some reason the paperwork did not reflect that.

all good.

thanks,

rjquillin

redwinefan wrote:A super RPM overload of wine just showed up at my UPS box. Thanks for the free shipping WD and WCC!

Was there any advance notice of shipping?
Wondering if I may have a scramble later today or tomorrow...

CT

Cesare

quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare
rjquillin wrote:Was there any advance notice of shipping?

No. Got my 3.5 cases in NY today in perfect condition. Thanks WD!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

rjquillin wrote:Was there any advance notice of shipping?

i'll have something to you all shortly.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo
Cesare wrote:No. Got my 3.5 cases in NY today in perfect condition. Thanks WD!

My mail room said nothing arrived with my name today. I guess it must be making its way up the Hudson as I type.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson

Got all 5 cases today. Thank you WD and WCC.

FYI for others, no email notification, but did get a Fedex call yesterday of the pending delivery for today. Consequently, since I was not going to be home today, I had it all diverted to the cool comfort of a Fedex office.

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

jmdavidson wrote:Got all 5 cases today. Thank you WD and WCC.

FYI for others, no email notification, but did get a Fedex call yesterday of the pending delivery for today. Consequently, since I was not going to be home today, I had it all diverted to the cool comfort of a Fedex office.

we had to break it up (clarification on inventory etc) some to arrive today, some tomorrow. a few next week. i will send breakdown here in a second.

thanks.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
Winedavid39 wrote:we had to break it up (clarification on inventory etc) some to arrive today, some tomorrow. a few next week. i will send breakdown here in a second.

thanks.

Apparently per the message above, some one took you too literally when you said to break it up.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
polarbear22 wrote:Apparently per the message above, some one took you too literally when you said to break it up.

I'm just hanging out, really.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
polarbear22 wrote:Apparently per the message above, some one took you too literally when you said to break it up.

well, if you have an extra 3L... throws off the whole balance. But you'd think that folks in the wine biz would know that you can't REALLY split a 3L into pieces.

joelsisk

Winedavid39 wrote:we had to break it up (clarification on inventory etc) some to arrive today, some tomorrow. a few next week. i will send breakdown here in a second.

thanks.

I'm very much hoping that our shipment is slated to arrive today and not tomorrow. Though, if I can get the tracking info, I can send it to a fedex hold location. We go out of town tomorrow morning and don't get back until Monday night.

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

joelsisk wrote:I'm very much hoping that our shipment is slated to arrive today and not tomorrow. Though, if I can get the tracking info, I can send it to a fedex hold location. We go out of town tomorrow morning and don't get back until Monday night.

Joel, we held it and will ship to arrive thursday or Friday of next week. OK ?

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

a quick response here. here are the packages that went out Tuesday of this week:

James Davidson
Rick Laub
Michael Blair
Mark Homan
David Collin
tony alexander
Cesare

joelsisk

Winedavid39 wrote:Joel, we held it and will ship to arrive thursday or Friday of next week. OK ?

Works just fine for me!

thanks for the info and all your support!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
Winedavid39 wrote:a quick response here. here are the packages that went out Tuesday of this week:

James Davidson
Rick Laub
Michael Blair
Mark Homan
David Collin
tony alexander
Cesare

Arrived. Thank you.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

zTimothyBz

What discount, if any, did we get at Hall? My credit card shows a charge of $58.19 which is $54 + 7.75% tax. I'm trying to figure out what I bought...

My cellar

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
zTimothyBz wrote:What discount, if any, did we get at Hall? My credit card shows a charge of $58.19 which is $54 + 7.75% tax. I'm trying to figure out what I bought...

As am I...

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

rjquillin

zTimothyBz wrote:What discount, if any, did we get at Hall? My credit card shows a charge of $58.19 which is $54 + 7.75% tax. I'm trying to figure out what I bought...

I've got my CC bill with an amount, but nothing more I can add either until some boxes arrive.

CT

joelsisk

Winedavid39 wrote:Joel, we held it and will ship to arrive thursday or Friday of next week. OK ?

do we know if it will arrive today or tomorrow? No big deal either way, but I certainly don't want to be out of the house just when they show up!

for those who already received, was there any reference info I could use to find the shipment?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Winedavid39 wrote:a quick response here. here are the packages that went out Tuesday of this week:

James Davidson
Rick Laub
Michael Blair
Mark Homan
David Collin
tony alexander
Cesare

Any updates on this week's shipments?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
MarkDaSpark wrote:Any updates on this week's shipments?

Eager much? Don't you have thousands of OTHER bottles to not drink? ;-)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
cmaldoon wrote:Eager much? Don't you have thousands of OTHER bottles to not drink?

Well to be fair, he will probably have to go to his locker(s) to put away the 15 cases he ordered for his collection.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:Well to be fair, he will probably have to go to his locker(s) to put away the 15 cases he ordered for his collection.

I would say it was only 6 cases damage from the tour, except that all the Other shipments will be coming in soon too. The wine clubs from before (Ty, Scott, Tablas, Vina Robles, Fulton, & Titus), and the 2 new (Martini & Concannon) from the RPM tour, as well as the allocations from Vincent Arroyo, Turley, & Switchback.

Plus need to fill up the new walk-in too!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson
joelsisk wrote:do we know if it will arrive today or tomorrow? No big deal either way, but I certainly don't want to be out of the house just when they show up!

for those who already received, was there any reference info I could use to find the shipment?

FYI for others, no email notification, but did get a Fedex call the day before of the pending delivery.

zTimothyBz

MarkDaSpark wrote:I would say it was only 6 cases damage from the tour, except ...

Except, did you get that call from WineDavid? He thinks it would be more economical to shrink-wrap your wine to a pallet or two and ship it that way...

My cellar

MarkDaSpark

zTimothyBz wrote:Except, did you get that call from WineDavid? He thinks it would be more economical to shrink-wrap your wine to a pallet or two and ship it that way...

Our wine dude! Our wine! And mine is going to be such a minuscule portion of the pallet.

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Any updates on this week's shipments?

No worries, I had your haul re-routed to my house. All your wines are belong to us.

CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
zTimothyBz wrote:Except, did you get that call from WineDavid? He thinks it would be more economical to shrink-wrap your wine to a pallet or two and ship it that way...

And yours is valuable enough to have to be moved by armored truck...

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:No worries, I had your haul re-routed to my house. All your wines are belong to us.

You don't have enough room!

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:You don't have enough room!

Your right. I would need a second trailer.

CT

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm

Can't sleep so I checked in here. We've had such a busy summer, I haven't been much of a lurker, lately. Love and miss all you RPMers! I"m making vinegar out of the leftover red from the party. Will have to come up with a good name for it. Suggestions? Broken Magnum?

rjquillin

winefarm wrote:Can't sleep so I checked in here. We've had such a busy summer, I haven't been much of a lurker, lately. Love and miss all you RPMers! I"m making vinegar out of the leftover red from the party. Will have to come up with a good name for it. Suggestions? Broken Magnum?

What!? there was leftover red? We must have left too early!

Thanks for all your hospitality.
My first and second tours all in one week and you and WD were such an integral and wonderful part of it.

CT

rpm

quality posts: 177 Private Messages rpm
winefarm wrote:Can't sleep so I checked in here. We've had such a busy summer, I haven't been much of a lurker, lately. Love and miss all you RPMers! I"m making vinegar out of the leftover red from the party. Will have to come up with a good name for it. Suggestions? Broken Magnum?

Too Much, Too Late

Fence Post Fermented

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
rpm wrote:Too Much, Too Late

Fence Post Fermented

Dented Truck