jmdavidson


quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

I have been wanting to send out a couple of PM's, yet on my screen there is no envelope next to everyone's user name. Does anyone know how I can correct this? Is there a setting I have mistakenly changed? I have emailed Woot and gotten no answer from them.

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:Er. They have access to the database. Wouldn't take much to do a matchup of user to real names.

I thought the same thing. Glad I read ahead. But then, there are the contractions in common use, such as bowtie or HAK. Still, seems like child's play.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
jmdavidson wrote:I have been wanting to send out a couple of PM's, yet on my screen there is no envelope next to everyone's user name. Does anyone know how I can correct this? Is there a setting I have mistakenly changed? I have emailed Woot and gotten no answer from them.



What browser do you use?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

jmdavidson


quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
North316 wrote:What browser do you use?



IE9. I have never had any problems before and then one day...poof, gone.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
jmdavidson wrote:IE9. I have never had any problems before and then one day...poof, gone.



It's probably "The Troubles" but IE sucks really bad, for a million reasons other than the PM envelope. If you are not adverse to trying a new browser, I would try Firefox or Chrome, both are very good. I use firefox and have never had the PM disappearance issue that others have had. I think it has something to do with the way this website is formatted for IE.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

jmdavidson


quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
North316 wrote:It's probably "The Troubles" but IE sucks really bad, for a million reasons other than the PM envelope. If you are not adverse to trying a new browser, I would try Firefox or Chrome, both are very good. I use firefox and have never had the PM disappearance issue that others have had. I think it has something to do with the way this website is formatted for IE.



I just may have to try that. Thanks for the advice. I don't understand how it could have worked all these years and then disappear.

bahwm


quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
jmdavidson wrote:I just may have to try that. Thanks for the advice. I don't understand how it could have worked all these years and then disappear.

Safari is the Mac browser which used to work fine on my Mac, but now doesn't. Figure that.
ddeuddeg

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

chipgreen


quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:I thought the same thing. Glad I read ahead. But then, there are the contractions in common use, such as bowtie or HAK. Still, seems like child's play.



Child's play... and extra work that I was assuming WD would rather not do.

EDIT: Although I suppose he has to cart the wine to the WCC offices anyway for re-boxing so it shouldn't take much additional effort to cross-check our woot info in preparation for shipping labels.

JOATMON


quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Considering the price I paid for WD to ship, I'm not going to complain if it takes a while.

I just wish I had recorded what I ordered at Hall. I have no idea what to expect.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

rpm


quality posts: 167 Private Messages rpm
chipgreen wrote:Child's play... and extra work that I was assuming WD would rather not do.

EDIT: Although I suppose he has to cart the wine to the WCC offices anyway for re-boxing so it shouldn't take much additional effort to cross-check our woot info in preparation for shipping labels.



Without telling tales out of school, it's not so very simple. Consider the price, consider that some parts of the country want delays for weather, and consider how hectic everything in the wine country is from August on....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

zTimothyBz


quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
ddeuddeg wrote:I thought the same thing. Glad I read ahead. But then, there are the contractions in common use, such as bowtie or HAK. Still, seems like child's play.


Clear? Huh! Why a four-year-old child could understand this report. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head or tail out of it.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
chipgreen wrote:Child's play... and extra work that I was assuming WD would rather not do.

I couldn't agree more, which is why I made sure to put my full name and shipping address on every box.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
JOATMON wrote:Considering the price I paid for WD to ship, I'm not going to complain if it takes a while



Me neither.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
JOATMON wrote:Considering the price I paid for WD to ship, I'm not going to complain if it takes a while.

Roger that. And now that my summer travels are over (as well as most of the summer; bahwm just realized she has to go back a week from today ), I don't care when it gets here, since I know I'll be here to receive it somehow.
Unlike the shipment UPS called me to say it had arrived 3 days after we left for Spain, and by the time I retrieved the phone message and realized it was here, it had been sent back, they no longer had any records on it, and I don't know what it was. Oh well.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chipgreen


quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen
JOATMON wrote:Considering the price I paid for WD to ship, I'm not going to complain if it takes a while.



I'm hopeful that we'll get squeezed in before the wootoff wines get shipped. Some of the wine descriptions said they wouldn't ship until 9/15 so that should give us a window of opportunity over the next 2-3 weeks.

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Anyone got a spare $30 million laying around? Robin Williams Mt. Veeder estate is on the market.

During our Robert Craig visit on the RPM tour, the rep told us that Robert Craig helped him with setup the vineyard and uses some of the grapes in their Mt Veeder Cab Sauv.

http://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/2012/08/22/robin-williams-lists-35m-napa-estate/#6969-4

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
redwinefan wrote:Anyone got a spare $30 million laying around? Robin Williams Mt. Veeder estate is on the market.


Let me check my coin jar.

I'm just hanging out, really.

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Everyone on the tour should have received an email from WD regarding the shipping options. If you didn't, post here and I (or anyone) can forward to you the email that WD sent.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

rjquillin


quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Everyone on the tour should have received an email from WD regarding the shipping options. If you didn't, post here and I (or anyone) can forward to you the email that WD sent.

Yes,
Just got mine. Yeah!

CT

Itwdswafo


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

For those in the northeast.... Do you foresee any problems with getting the first shipping option?

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
Itwdswafo wrote:For those in the northeast.... Do you foresee any problems with getting the first shipping option?

Not sure what sort of problems you mean, but I don't need it that soon, so I told WD to use option #2.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
ddeuddeg wrote:Not sure what sort of problems you mean, but I don't need it that soon, so I told WD to use option #2.



Ditto. I'm using option #2 also, since there wouldn't even be anyone here to accept option #1 anyway.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

rpm


quality posts: 167 Private Messages rpm
ddeuddeg wrote:Not sure what sort of problems you mean, but I don't need it that soon, so I told WD to use option #2.



And I want my rose to enjoy Labor Day and through Indian Summer, so I chose option 1.....

Now's the reckoning when significant others who were not on Tour see what you actually bought.... you can hide the credit card bills but not the boxes....!

Thanks to all of the Tourists, former Newbies and long-time Veterans, you all contributed to the best Tours yet!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

JOATMON


quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Everyone on the tour should have received an email from WD regarding the shipping options. If you didn't, post here and I (or anyone) can forward to you the email that WD sent.



I'm only getting my order from Hall and one bottle from Iron Horse (they didn't have it on hand when we were there), and I probably don't need them for a month, so I went with option 2.

Heck, considering how close I am to Wine Country Connect central, ground shipping now would probably be OK. Probably get here in two days anyway. But that wasn't an option.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

klezman


quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Everyone on the tour should have received an email from WD regarding the shipping options. If you didn't, post here and I (or anyone) can forward to you the email that WD sent.



Forward please!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Everyone on the tour should have received an email from WD regarding the shipping options. If you didn't, post here and I (or anyone) can forward to you the email that WD sent.



I replied to WD last night, choosing option 1.

I'm hoping that 1) they (meaning the winery) got the Scott Harvey order right and 2) it gets here by next Wednesday so I can introduce friends to Scott Harvey's Rosé during on our five day Labor Day weekend Nevada road trip !!

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
klezman wrote:Forward please!



Done.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
bsevern wrote:I replied to WD last night, choosing option 1.

I'm hoping that 1) they (meaning the winery) got the Scott Harvey order right and 2) it gets here by next Wednesday so I can introduce friends to Scott Harvey's Rosé during on our five day Labor Day weekend Nevada road trip !!

I love the idea of a 5 day holiday weekend. Have a great time.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
redwinefan wrote:Anyone got a spare $30 million laying around? Robin Williams Mt. Veeder estate is on the market.

During our Robert Craig visit on the RPM tour, the rep told us that Robert Craig helped him with setup the vineyard and uses some of the grapes in their Mt Veeder Cab Sauv.

http://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/2012/08/22/robin-williams-lists-35m-napa-estate/#6969-4



That place is incredible!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

joelsisk


quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk
otolith wrote:That place is incredible!



You gonna buy it? I'd totally help you drink down the reserves/cellar. Not that much more than the box at Corizon...

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
joelsisk wrote:You gonna buy it? I'd totally help you drink down the reserves/cellar. Not that much more than the box at Corizon...



Let me just whip out my CC here, and we'll be good to go! We'll be sure to invite you to the house-warming party!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

zTimothyBz


quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
rpm wrote:Now's the reckoning when significant others who were not on Tour see what you actually bought.... you can hide the credit card bills but not the boxes....!

You don't have your wine shipped directly to a professional storage facility?

-- T
(pondering just how large the RPM cellar must be...)

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

joelsisk


quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

Just curious, did anyone get any shipping info? We requested option 1 if delivered by Thursday, but then we'll be out of town for the long weekend.

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

I got a call from WCC, but no message was left. Is there something I need to know?

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

jmdavidson


quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
joelsisk wrote:Just curious, did anyone get any shipping info? We requested option 1 if delivered by Thursday, but then we'll be out of town for the long weekend.



Sorry to report, no notifications yet. I see where it is supposed to be hot here in the MW this weekend. Hope it gets here by Thursday.

Itwdswafo


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

My mail room has a tendency to not notify me when my wine shipments come in. The slip seems to get... "lost." Last time I had t argue with the lady that someone had signed for it, and had to show her the tracking info, and the name f the person that signed for it.

In short... I don't trust my mail room very much right now. Lol

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Wanted to get it, but it's going to be hot, and I'd rather wait for it to cool down, so I'll see it in another month. Maybe I'll have some racks built for it by then. Or maybe not...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

jmdavidson


quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

Does anyone have anything to report about possible deliveries this week? I have nothing for Chicago (yet).

Winedavid39


quality posts: 196 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Hello..

ok, a couple of issues i need to bring to the attention of this thread:

1. who bought the 3L Kunde 09 Reserve Cabernet (that broke into a million pieces in our parking lot) ? we will be replacing it.

2. who ordered the Hall Merlot? we somehow did not identify.

thanks,

Itwdswafo


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
Winedavid39 wrote:
1. who bought the 3L Kunde 09 Reserve Cabernet (that broke into a million pieces in our parking lot) ? we will be replacing it.



That was me! Though, it should be shipped to my dad's address. Sorry to hear about that, but thanks for bringing it up!