jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

I have been wanting to send out a couple of PM's, yet on my screen there is no envelope next to everyone's user name. Does anyone know how I can correct this? Is there a setting I have mistakenly changed? I have emailed Woot and gotten no answer from them.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:Er. They have access to the database. Wouldn't take much to do a matchup of user to real names.

I thought the same thing. Glad I read ahead. But then, there are the contractions in common use, such as bowtie or HAK. Still, seems like child's play.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
jmdavidson wrote:I have been wanting to send out a couple of PM's, yet on my screen there is no envelope next to everyone's user name. Does anyone know how I can correct this? Is there a setting I have mistakenly changed? I have emailed Woot and gotten no answer from them.

What browser do you use?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

jmdavidson

North316 wrote:What browser do you use?

IE9. I have never had any problems before and then one day...poof, gone.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
jmdavidson wrote:IE9. I have never had any problems before and then one day...poof, gone.

It's probably "The Troubles" but IE sucks really bad, for a million reasons other than the PM envelope. If you are not adverse to trying a new browser, I would try Firefox or Chrome, both are very good. I use firefox and have never had the PM disappearance issue that others have had. I think it has something to do with the way this website is formatted for IE.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

jmdavidson

North316 wrote:It's probably "The Troubles" but IE sucks really bad, for a million reasons other than the PM envelope. If you are not adverse to trying a new browser, I would try Firefox or Chrome, both are very good. I use firefox and have never had the PM disappearance issue that others have had. I think it has something to do with the way this website is formatted for IE.

I just may have to try that. Thanks for the advice. I don't understand how it could have worked all these years and then disappear.

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
jmdavidson wrote:I just may have to try that. Thanks for the advice. I don't understand how it could have worked all these years and then disappear.

Safari is the Mac browser which used to work fine on my Mac, but now doesn't. Figure that.
ddeuddeg

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:I thought the same thing. Glad I read ahead. But then, there are the contractions in common use, such as bowtie or HAK. Still, seems like child's play.

Child's play... and extra work that I was assuming WD would rather not do.

EDIT: Although I suppose he has to cart the wine to the WCC offices anyway for re-boxing so it shouldn't take much additional effort to cross-check our woot info in preparation for shipping labels.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Considering the price I paid for WD to ship, I'm not going to complain if it takes a while.

I just wish I had recorded what I ordered at Hall. I have no idea what to expect.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

rpm

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rpm
chipgreen wrote:Child's play... and extra work that I was assuming WD would rather not do.

EDIT: Although I suppose he has to cart the wine to the WCC offices anyway for re-boxing so it shouldn't take much additional effort to cross-check our woot info in preparation for shipping labels.

Without telling tales out of school, it's not so very simple. Consider the price, consider that some parts of the country want delays for weather, and consider how hectic everything in the wine country is from August on....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
ddeuddeg wrote:I thought the same thing. Glad I read ahead. But then, there are the contractions in common use, such as bowtie or HAK. Still, seems like child's play.

Clear? Huh! Why a four-year-old child could understand this report. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head or tail out of it.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

ddeuddeg

chipgreen wrote:Child's play... and extra work that I was assuming WD would rather not do.

I couldn't agree more, which is why I made sure to put my full name and shipping address on every box.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
JOATMON wrote:Considering the price I paid for WD to ship, I'm not going to complain if it takes a while

Me neither.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ddeuddeg

JOATMON wrote:Considering the price I paid for WD to ship, I'm not going to complain if it takes a while.

Roger that. And now that my summer travels are over (as well as most of the summer; bahwm just realized she has to go back a week from today ), I don't care when it gets here, since I know I'll be here to receive it somehow.
Unlike the shipment UPS called me to say it had arrived 3 days after we left for Spain, and by the time I retrieved the phone message and realized it was here, it had been sent back, they no longer had any records on it, and I don't know what it was. Oh well.

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen
JOATMON wrote:Considering the price I paid for WD to ship, I'm not going to complain if it takes a while.

I'm hopeful that we'll get squeezed in before the wootoff wines get shipped. Some of the wine descriptions said they wouldn't ship until 9/15 so that should give us a window of opportunity over the next 2-3 weeks.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Anyone got a spare $30 million laying around? Robin Williams Mt. Veeder estate is on the market.

During our Robert Craig visit on the RPM tour, the rep told us that Robert Craig helped him with setup the vineyard and uses some of the grapes in their Mt Veeder Cab Sauv.

http://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/2012/08/22/robin-williams-lists-35m-napa-estate/#6969-4

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
redwinefan wrote:Anyone got a spare $30 million laying around? Robin Williams Mt. Veeder estate is on the market.

Let me check my coin jar.

I'm just hanging out, really.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Everyone on the tour should have received an email from WD regarding the shipping options. If you didn't, post here and I (or anyone) can forward to you the email that WD sent.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

rjquillin

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Everyone on the tour should have received an email from WD regarding the shipping options. If you didn't, post here and I (or anyone) can forward to you the email that WD sent.

Yes,
Just got mine. Yeah!

CT

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

For those in the northeast.... Do you foresee any problems with getting the first shipping option?

ddeuddeg

Itwdswafo wrote:For those in the northeast.... Do you foresee any problems with getting the first shipping option?

Not sure what sort of problems you mean, but I don't need it that soon, so I told WD to use option #2.

HitAnyKey42

ddeuddeg wrote:Not sure what sort of problems you mean, but I don't need it that soon, so I told WD to use option #2.

Ditto. I'm using option #2 also, since there wouldn't even be anyone here to accept option #1 anyway.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

rpm

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rpm
ddeuddeg wrote:Not sure what sort of problems you mean, but I don't need it that soon, so I told WD to use option #2.

And I want my rose to enjoy Labor Day and through Indian Summer, so I chose option 1.....

Now's the reckoning when significant others who were not on Tour see what you actually bought.... you can hide the credit card bills but not the boxes....!

Thanks to all of the Tourists, former Newbies and long-time Veterans, you all contributed to the best Tours yet!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Everyone on the tour should have received an email from WD regarding the shipping options. If you didn't, post here and I (or anyone) can forward to you the email that WD sent.

I'm only getting my order from Hall and one bottle from Iron Horse (they didn't have it on hand when we were there), and I probably don't need them for a month, so I went with option 2.

Heck, considering how close I am to Wine Country Connect central, ground shipping now would probably be OK. Probably get here in two days anyway. But that wasn't an option.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

Forward please!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

I replied to WD last night, choosing option 1.

I'm hoping that 1) they (meaning the winery) got the Scott Harvey order right and 2) it gets here by next Wednesday so I can introduce friends to Scott Harvey's Rosé during on our five day Labor Day weekend Nevada road trip !!

HitAnyKey42

klezman wrote:Forward please!

Done.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg

bsevern wrote:I replied to WD last night, choosing option 1.

I'm hoping that 1) they (meaning the winery) got the Scott Harvey order right and 2) it gets here by next Wednesday so I can introduce friends to Scott Harvey's Rosé during on our five day Labor Day weekend Nevada road trip !!

I love the idea of a 5 day holiday weekend. Have a great time.

otolith

redwinefan wrote:Anyone got a spare $30 million laying around? Robin Williams Mt. Veeder estate is on the market.

During our Robert Craig visit on the RPM tour, the rep told us that Robert Craig helped him with setup the vineyard and uses some of the grapes in their Mt Veeder Cab Sauv.

http://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/2012/08/22/robin-williams-lists-35m-napa-estate/#6969-4

That place is incredible!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk
otolith wrote:That place is incredible!

You gonna buy it? I'd totally help you drink down the reserves/cellar. Not that much more than the box at Corizon...

otolith

joelsisk wrote:You gonna buy it? I'd totally help you drink down the reserves/cellar. Not that much more than the box at Corizon...

Let me just whip out my CC here, and we'll be good to go! We'll be sure to invite you to the house-warming party!

--John Muir

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
rpm wrote:Now's the reckoning when significant others who were not on Tour see what you actually bought.... you can hide the credit card bills but not the boxes....!

You don't have your wine shipped directly to a professional storage facility?

-- T
(pondering just how large the RPM cellar must be...)

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

Just curious, did anyone get any shipping info? We requested option 1 if delivered by Thursday, but then we'll be out of town for the long weekend.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

I got a call from WCC, but no message was left. Is there something I need to know?

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

jmdavidson

joelsisk wrote:Just curious, did anyone get any shipping info? We requested option 1 if delivered by Thursday, but then we'll be out of town for the long weekend.

Sorry to report, no notifications yet. I see where it is supposed to be hot here in the MW this weekend. Hope it gets here by Thursday.

Itwdswafo

My mail room has a tendency to not notify me when my wine shipments come in. The slip seems to get... "lost." Last time I had t argue with the lady that someone had signed for it, and had to show her the tracking info, and the name f the person that signed for it.

In short... I don't trust my mail room very much right now. Lol

otolith

Wanted to get it, but it's going to be hot, and I'd rather wait for it to cool down, so I'll see it in another month. Maybe I'll have some racks built for it by then. Or maybe not...

--John Muir

jmdavidson

Does anyone have anything to report about possible deliveries this week? I have nothing for Chicago (yet).

Winedavid39

quality posts: 196 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Hello..

ok, a couple of issues i need to bring to the attention of this thread:

1. who bought the 3L Kunde 09 Reserve Cabernet (that broke into a million pieces in our parking lot) ? we will be replacing it.

2. who ordered the Hall Merlot? we somehow did not identify.

thanks,

Itwdswafo

Winedavid39 wrote:
1. who bought the 3L Kunde 09 Reserve Cabernet (that broke into a million pieces in our parking lot) ? we will be replacing it.

That was me! Though, it should be shipped to my dad's address. Sorry to hear about that, but thanks for bringing it up!