SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 238 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
Winedavid39 wrote:outside the tent (yes we are getting a tent) ok. not inside the tent.

cool?

And cigars to the east of the tent only (downwind).

SonomaBouliste

MarkDaSpark wrote:Not going that way, but via Vallejo. Plus I'm not sure we'd have room for everything.

Although I could strap HaK to the roof.

Low wind resistance, at least.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
SonomaBouliste wrote:And cigars to the east of the tent only (downwind).

As long as there are chairs there!!!

Oh, and I finally remembered what I wanted to ask.

So Tuesday night will be busy with labrattery and Tour 1 folks packing, and Wednesday busy with the partay at the Ranch, and Friday busy packing to go home (and of course, some drinking!), but that leaves us with Thursday night kinda open.

I have some of the newer board games (Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, & Alhambra) that 2 to 6 players can play. Should I bring any or all of them up???

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
winefarm wrote:
Fair warning, our weather lends itself to layering. You will cool in the morning, warm all afternoon and FREEZING at our house in the Carneros region. Bring a jacket and long pants.

I'm really having a hard time wrapping my head around this.

Here in the NoVa/DC/MD area it has been sooo hot for so long that I've forgotten what "FREEZING" feels like.

So the suitcase sits open on the bed while I stare at the closet.

Are we talking a 2-piece light knit shirt/jacket combo? A spring jacket? A big thick hoodie? Please, somebody stop me before I reach for the parka!

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
woopdedoo wrote:Wish you guys could have made it - I will definitely raise a glass to you both - (then, of course, swish and spit)

Woop, did you get my email about Wednesday? Should I send again?

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:I have some of the newer board games (Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, & Alhambra) that 2 to 6 players can play. Should I bring any or all of them up???

Newer games? Thought you were in the loop, Sparky! *shakes head*

(If we were staying up there we'd happily play any of the above. It's been many years since I've played Carcassonne.)

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

SonomaBouliste

kkv123 wrote:I'm really having a hard time wrapping my head around this.

Here in the NoVa/DC/MD area it has been sooo hot for so long that I've forgotten what "FREEZING" feels like.

Are we talking a 2-piece light knit shirt/jacket combo? A spring jacket? A big thick hoodie? Please, somebody stop me before I reach for the parka!

Expect 80's to low 90's during the day (hottest on Maonday, then cooling), dropping to the 60's in the evening with likely stiff cold breezes at WineDavid's house on Weds. evening - the wind chill could make it feel like high 40's.

MarkDaSpark

Sonoma 10 Day Forecast

Looks to be low 50's during the nights. Highs on Sun/Mon to be 90°/89°, dropping to the low to mid 80's the rest of the week. 20% chance of rain Th/Fri.

So probably no need for you to bring a parka. Tim and I on the other hand .... Long Johns & Cold Weather Gear!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo

Sure - send it again!

klezman wrote:Woop, did you get my email about Wednesday? Should I send again?

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Newer games? Thought you were in the loop, Sparky! *shakes head*

(If we were staying up there we'd happily play any of the above. It's been many years since I've played Carcassonne.)

Newer than Monopoly and Risk!!!

One of my nephews has 7 Wonders, but I don't have it yet.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh, and I finally remembered what I wanted to ask.

So Tuesday night will be busy with labrattery and Tour 1 folks packing, and Wednesday busy with the partay at the Ranch, and Friday busy packing to go home (and of course, some drinking!), but that leaves us with Thursday night kinda open.

I have some of the newer board games (Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, & Alhambra) that 2 to 6 players can play. Should I bring any or all of them up???

I've played Settlers a few times with Cat & her friends (never played it before then), and it's a fun game. Never heard of the other two.

Not sure if we'll be wanting to be playing board games Thurs night, but there's always a minor possibility depending on timing and what we feel like doing. If you have room, I suppose you can stick one or two or all of them in the car if you feel like it.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
MarkDaSpark wrote:Ahem!! Where's that pic of chopped liver?

Yes...yes, that's the spirit! I hereby bestow "Reigning Bocce Champ" partner upon Sparky's most able head. I won't speak as to his ability, but he will represent me ably, I believe!

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Well next time Sparky and I are at a gathering together, I know what to bring, newer board games, I have Betrayal, Shadows over camelot and Bang!. Also I'm very jealous that I cant go this year, hopefully there will be another tour when I will have less work and more money. Also I think someone was going to pick up Scott Harvey's barbera for me?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
tiger7610 wrote:Well next time Sparky and I are at a gathering together, I know what to bring, newer board games, I have Betrayal, Shadows over camelot and Bang!. Also I'm very jealous that I cant go this year, hopefully there will be another tour when I will have less work and more money. Also I think someone was going to pick up Scott Harvey's barbera for me?

Ooo, I haven't played Bang! in ages.

I'm just hanging out, really.

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest
gregorylane wrote:Yes...yes, that's the spirit! I hereby bestow "Reigning Bocce Champ" partner upon Sparky's most able head. I won't speak as to his ability, but he will represent me ably, I believe!

Replacement accepted!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
SonomaBouliste wrote:And cigars to the east of the tent only (downwind).

Shall we bring you one

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

It's summer, it's California, it gets hot during the day, and cools down at night....it's normal t-shirt and shorts weather

SonomaBouliste

bsevern wrote:Shall we bring you one

Thanks kindly for the offer, but no.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
SonomaBouliste wrote:Low wind resistance, at least.

But I hear a "flap, flap" sound when I think of him on the roof.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tiger7610 wrote:Also I think someone was going to pick up Scott Harvey's barbera for me?

It's on order. Hasn't shipped yet. Will let you know. Should arrive in time for 8/25.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

I hate packing! Thankfully, the excitement of tomorrow is keeping me going!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

HitAnyKey42

otolith wrote:I hate packing! Thankfully, the excitement of tomorrow is keeping me going!

Yeah, I need to start packing too. I hate it even more than you do.
And I'm not even leaving tomorrow. LOL

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yeah, I need to start packing too. I hate it even more than you do.

You should post some packing updates about your agonies. It might be amusing/inspiring for the rest of us. I'm packing as well, but I'm packing my whole apartment since I'm moving to a new apartment in a week.

HitAnyKey42

tiger7610 wrote:You should post some packing updates about your agonies. It might be amusing/inspiring for the rest of us. I'm packing as well, but I'm packing my whole apartment since I'm moving to a new apartment in a week.

I'll keep updates for ya'll of the agonies of HAK-Packing. For now, I'm just doing a quick load of laundry. That may be all I end up getting done tonight.

Gonna try to do most of the packing tomorrow morning, since I have a block party I want to go to in the afternoon and that will take up the rest of the day. Then Sunday I have softball from 1:30-3:30, so I need to pack some more that morning and then finish Sunday night. That's because I have beach volleyball Monday night after work, and will be heading to stay at my parents right after that (and won't be going home) so that my mom can drive me to the airport in the morning.
So basically my time for packing is Sat morning, Sun morning, and Sun evening. I don't know how I'm ever going to get it all done in that time.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

I don't plan on packing until Sunday morning. Procrastination at its best.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg

As predicted, cousin Alice is driving us crazy. She's really a sweetheart at age 87, and we really love her, but Tuesday can't come too soon.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:agony....

I just don't get it. I've got company (sis & family) this weekend, and they aren't leaving until Tuesday when they drop me at the airport. I plan to do laundry during the day Monday, and then probably just throw everything into the suitcase Monday night or Tuesday morning. Why the agony? Why?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
cheron98 wrote:I just don't get it. I've got company (sis & family) this weekend, and they aren't leaving until Tuesday when they drop me at the airport. I plan to do laundry during the day Monday, and then probably just throw everything into the suitcase Monday night or Tuesday morning. Why the agony? Why?

I never understood the agony with packing either. My MIL packs 1 week before leaving and agonizes over it too.

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yeah, I need to start packing too. I hate it even more than you do.

Phew, still got hours of work to finish, and I am leaving tomorrow. Really gotta start thinking about what to toss in the bags.

CT

otolith

Done, except for the things in the AM. Even found a little gift to bring WD as a thanks for shipping our purchases back.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

klezman

cheron98 wrote:I just don't get it. I've got company (sis & family) this weekend, and they aren't leaving until Tuesday when they drop me at the airport. I plan to do laundry during the day Monday, and then probably just throw everything into the suitcase Monday night or Tuesday morning. Why the agony? Why?

Yes, this. It's just wine country. In summer.

MarkDaSpark

gregorylane wrote:Yes...yes, that's the spirit! I hereby bestow "Reigning Bocce Champ" partner upon Sparky's most able head. I won't speak as to his ability, but he will represent me ably, I believe!

Well, I am half-Italian!!

MarkDaSpark

tiger7610 wrote:Well next time Sparky and I are at a gathering together, I know what to bring, newer board games, I have Betrayal, Shadows over camelot and Bang!. Also I'm very jealous that I cant go this year, hopefully there will be another tour when I will have less work and more money. Also I think someone was going to pick up Scott Harvey's barbera for me?

Well, there are 6 open spots in the case shipper I'm bringing your CyberPub Blend in for Cat to haul back.

MarkDaSpark

tiger7610 wrote:You should post some packing updates about your agonies. It might be amusing/inspiring for the rest of us. I'm packing as well, but I'm packing my whole apartment since I'm moving to a new apartment in a week.

Well, threw some stuff I will/might need (earmuffs, gloves, etc.) into the bag/suitcase. Haven't decided yet which to bring. The rolling bag or the rolling suitcase.

Found some Sunscreen (some places walking in the vineyard, we needed it). Made a pile (well another pile on top of the pile) of laundry to wash sometime this weekend or Monday.

Made a tentative list of clothes needed. Well, quantity wise that is. Found another backpack to use if needed on the bus.

Oh, and picked up 12 boxes of wine (Woot & Wine Clubs) at my locker and put it away. Whew!

MarkDaSpark

Since I seem to remember reading a sign by the SVI pool saying no glassware by it (or the hot tub), do we need to bring our Govino glasses?

Because the cups we used to labrat Brian Benson's Syrahs just didn't cut it ...

MarkDaSpark

I'd say we (all us putting off packing until the last minute) should all buy the shirt up now, but we wouldn't get it in time for next week.

Maybe tomorrow night.

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:Since I seem to remember reading a sign by the SVI pool saying no glassware by it (or the hot tub), do we need to bring our Govino glasses?

Because the cups we used to labrat Brian Benson's Syrahs just didn't cut it ...

I knew I forgot something! Closing eyes shortly. Glad to be here in SoCal. To all, safe travels. East coasters who have not been here, enjoy the cooling that we have not been having. Ddeuddeg & I come to California for the cool weather in the evenings & the wine & the company, of course!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:I knew I forgot something! Closing eyes shortly. Glad to be here in SoCal. To all, safe travels. East coasters who have not been here, enjoy the cooling that we have not been having. Ddeuddeg & I come to California for the cool weather in the evenings & the wine & the company, of course!

Well, if I could find another set ... I know where 2 are, just need to find 2 more for you and D-Dog.

otolith

The only thing I hate more than packing is getting up early!

Sparky--are you even in bed yet?

--John Muir

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
otolith wrote:The only thing I hate more than packing is getting up early!

Ditto. But it's nice to know that somebody else is up too! In my neighborhood, even the dog walkers are still sleeping.

I'll be heading out to the airport shortly. See everyone soon - safe travels to one and all!