MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ddeuddeg wrote:You had to bring that up, didn't you?

Of course! Bahwm has to bring her name tag too!

Edit: Me!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo

Though this is not final final final - there might be some minor tweaking on Friday - the other days are good to go:

Tour 2 - the Veterans
Note: that there will be many of the same wineries, but a different focus from Tour 1 visits.

Tuesday June 24

Reception/discussion at 7pm

Wednesday June 25

Laura Zahtila
Corison - Lunch
St. Supery
Robert Craig
Dinner at the Wine Farm

Thursday June 26

Wellington
Pedroncelli - Lunch
Dry Creek
Iron Horse - dinner

Friday June 27

Martini
Hall
Pine Ridge - lunch
Harrison
Scott Harvey - Dinner

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
MarkDaSpark wrote:Of course! Bahwm has to bring her name tag too!

Edit: Me!

I'm just surprised that you are so quick to point out that you are not the Sole Triple.

"Hey Grandma, look! I got a yellow ribbon for participating!"

I can't remember how many people participated, nor how many got 1 or 2 correct.

Also, I'd think your winning a guest judge spot would be more impressive...

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
woopdedoo wrote:Though this is not final final final - there might be some minor tweaking on Friday - the other days are good to go:

Tour 2 - the Veterans
Note: that there will be many of the same wineries, but a different focus from Tour 1 visits.
[snip]

Awesome! Looks like a good list, and very happy to see that we'll be having dinner at Scott's again. The dinner there last time was a most excellent time.

Not that dinner at WD/WF's and at Iron Horse also won't be most excellent.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
woopdedoo wrote:Though this is not final final final - there might be some minor tweaking on Friday - the other days are good to go:

Tour 2 - the Veterans

Tuesday June 24

Reception/discussion at 7pm

Wednesday June 25

Laura Zahtila
Corison - Lunch
St. Supery
Robert Craig
Dinner at the Wine Farm

Thursday June 26

Wellington
Pedroncelli - Lunch
Dry Creek
Iron Horse - dinner

Friday June 27

Martini
Hall
Pine Ridge - lunch
Harrison
Scott Harvey - Dinner

Looks terrific, as we all knew it would. Dinner at Iron Horse? If dinner is as good as their appetizers, we're in for 3 evenings of lucullan delights.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

I notice that Martini is currently pouring a Petite Sirah in their tasting room. Not that anyone would be interested in that, especially first thing in the morning.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
joelsisk wrote:I'm just surprised that you are so quick to point out that you are not the Sole Triple.

Did you still want a bottle of balsamic? I can bring it out Wednesday.

CT

ddeuddeg

To rpm and woopdedoo:
Thanks.

See you soon.

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:I'm just surprised that you are so quick to point out that you are not the Sole Triple.

Um, Cesare is the Sole Triple for the Wine.Woot Mystery Wine Challenge, I was happy that mine was for one of the few (about 15+ others) getting 1 right. And there were only 2 or 3 for "Double Illustrious Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme" (nyesq54 was one, grate88 was another).

Link takes you to the 1st page and shows you the entry., scrolling down shows you everyone's posts on their guess(es).

And true on the guest judge last year and returning this year for a Judge-In-Training spot. I guess I could wear my judging aprons as well ....

Edit: And looking back on jwhite's handy dandy spreadsheet, there were 1,063 sets sold. The more sets you bought, the more mystery wine you got.

Quantity Breakdown
74% bought 1
19% bought 2
8% bought 3

So yes, Java, bahwm, and I are some of the few (including corrado, PS, & AndyDuncan) who got those certificates.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:I notice that Martini is currently pouring a Petite Sirah in their tasting room. Not that anyone would be interested in that, especially first thing in the morning.

Bite your tongue!!! And they have Port as well!

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
MarkDaSpark wrote:Um, Cesare is the Sole Triple for the Wine.Woot Mystery Wine Challenge, I was happy that mine was for one of the few (about 15+ others) getting 1 right. And there were only 2 or 3 for "Double Illustrious Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme" (nyesq54 was one, grate88 was another).

I still think I should have gotten a special award for being willing to guess wines that I knew Wellington didn't make!

Oh, and about the itinerary, the ones I'd hoped for are all on the list. And St. Supery is a nice surprise, because that was the first woot I ever bought.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

I apologize if this has already been asked/answered earlier, but I've been buried at work and may missed some of the thread... I'm a t-shirt/casual guy and wanted to check if there was any need for more dressy attire. I understand temperature swings and will have that covered, but should I plan for something a bit nicer to wear for dinner? If my wife were attending, I wouldn't even ask, as she would insist I bring nicer clothes, but she's not, so I am! THANKS!

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

MarkDaSpark

jhkey wrote:I apologize if this has already been asked/answered earlier, but I've been buried at work and may missed some of the thread... I'm a t-shirt/casual guy and wanted to check if there was any need for more dressy attire. I understand temperature swings and will have that covered, but should I plan for something a bit nicer to wear for dinner? If my wife were attending, I wouldn't even ask, as she would insist I bring nicer clothes, but she's not, so I am! THANKS!

Discussion started here in the thread, and RPM posted the Unofficial Dress Code a few posts down.

Edit: Perhaps some kind mod will add RPM's post (as well as the Vet's tour to the BEAR ATTACK! list in the first post?

jhkey

MarkDaSpark wrote:Discussion started here in the thread, and RPM posted the Unofficial Dress Code a few posts down.

Edit: Perhaps some kind mod will add RPM's post (as well as the Vet's tour to the BEAR ATTACK! list in the first post?

Thanks Mark! I figured I may have missed it!

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

MarkDaSpark

WF/WD: Is cigar smoking allowed outside at the Rancho on Wednesday?

Because I know it's allowed outside at Scott's on Friday.

And there was another question I wanted to ask, but can't remember it now.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:WF/WD: Is cigar smoking allowed outside at the Rancho on Wednesday?

Because I know it's allowed outside at Scott's on Friday.

And there was another question I wanted to ask, but can't remember it now.

outside the tent (yes we are getting a tent) ok. not inside the tent.

cool?

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
North316 wrote:
Corison, William Harrison and Scott Harvey all on the first day? Pedroncelli and Iron Horse on the second day? Wellington, Kunde and Gun Bun on the last day? Bring several credit cards folks.

All I can say, is that at least we're getting free shipping from WD. Woo-hoo!

HitAnyKey42

Those that are taking shuttles or other similar transportation from the airports up to the hotel....can I ask if anyone has found any method that is cheaper than ~$100 each way for two people? Finding transportation from OAK up to Sonoma hasn't been particularly easy. I currently booked trips to/from via Marin Door to Door, but if I can find something cheaper I'll cancel that one.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Those that are taking shuttles or other similar transportation from the airports up to the hotel....can I ask if anyone has found any method that is cheaper than ~$100 each way for two people? Finding transportation from OAK up to Sonoma hasn't been particularly easy. I currently booked trips to/from via Marin Door to Door, but if I can find something cheaper I'll cancel that one.

At $200 you're getting up on the cost it would be to rent a car, especially if you can find a good deal. Keep checking until the last minute.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jmdavidson
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Those that are taking shuttles or other similar transportation from the airports up to the hotel....can I ask if anyone has found any method that is cheaper than ~$100 each way for two people? Finding transportation from OAK up to Sonoma hasn't been particularly easy. I currently booked trips to/from via Marin Door to Door, but if I can find something cheaper I'll cancel that one.

I'm on the rookie tour so I know I can't help you since we arrive on different days. But, anyone needing a ride on Sunday from Oakland, me and +1 will have a rental. We will be at OAK at 11am. PM me if you need a ride.

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
Winedavid39 wrote:outside the tent (yes we are getting a tent) ok. not inside the tent.

cool?

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm

http://airportexpressinc.com/schedule_oak.html

Looks like $64 round trip, gets you to Petaluma, maybe a fellow wooter picks you up from Petaluma? There is an In and Out Burger there....Sparky?

bahwm

quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm

I checked the rates in San José today and got a car from Tues, 24th 10 AM - Mon. 30th 12:30 PM for $235 earning RR pts on SW. I just cancelled one from Budget, same timing for $267. I figure it's a bottle of wine!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

On Sunday, I can pick up some (4) people at the airport if needed. I live in San Jose so it's on the way to Sonoma. I could even stop at both OAK and SFO if the timing is right!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Payment sent!
Looking forward to meeting everyone on Sunday!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

HitAnyKey42

winefarm wrote:http://airportexpressinc.com/schedule_oak.html

Looks like $64 round trip, gets you to Petaluma, maybe a fellow wooter picks you up from Petaluma? There is an In and Out Burger there....Sparky?

Hmm, looked promising until I looked at their schedule. They only have a specific set schedule (as opposed to you picking your own time), and the only pickup that could get us is 5:30pm (our flight lands at 3:40 on Tuesday) and wouldn't get us to Petaluma until 7pm, which is when our gathering starts.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

bahwm wrote:I checked the rates in San José today and got a car from Tues, 24th 10 AM - Mon. 30th 12:30 PM for $235 earning RR pts on SW. I just cancelled one from Budget, same timing for $267. I figure it's a bottle of wine!

Yeah, a rate like that is only available if you book for a full week (Tues-Mon). Since we'd be Tues-Sat, no rates under $200 available. Plus I'd want to take into account cost of gas that would be going into the car. So I think some sort of shuttle will end up more economical, unless we can find some friendly wooter who would be able to drive us one (or both) of the directions.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark

Winedavid39 wrote:outside the tent (yes we are getting a tent) ok. not inside the tent.

cool?

Of course cool! Or freezing for us delicate flowers from SoCal.

Prefer to do it outside anyway.

MarkDaSpark

winefarm wrote:

We left you speechless?

MarkDaSpark

winefarm wrote:http://airportexpressinc.com/schedule_oak.html

Not going that way, but via Vallejo. Plus I'm not sure we'd have room for everything.

Although I could strap HaK to the roof.

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
MarkDaSpark wrote:Not going that way, but via Vallejo. Plus I'm not sure we'd have room for everything.

Although I could strap HaK to the roof.

Roof strapping HAK...now I'm going to miss those moments. I know you are all excited (and y'all should be!) and can't wait...wish I was feeling the same way. Instead, I've got an empty pit in my stomach and only going on the tour would cure it...have fun everyone, and raise a glass to me and Deb if you think about it. We'll be with you in spirit.

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest
gregorylane wrote:Roof strapping HAK...now I'm going to miss those moments. I know you are all excited (and y'all should be!) and can't wait...wish I was feeling the same way. Instead, I've got an empty pit in my stomach and only going on the tour would cure it...have fun everyone, and raise a glass to me and Deb if you think about it. We'll be with you in spirit.

Wish you both could be there. I mean who am I supposed to play bocce with?!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest

A few more hours and I will be out of the office to head home and pack! We leave tomorrow morning to do some exploring on our own. The Tour 2 itinerary looks awesome. I can't wait to get there! Safe travels everyone!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

jhkey

If anyone needs a ride from SMF let me know. I arrive at 3pm on Sunday and depart at noon on Thursday. A rental car was the same price as the shuttle ($240 round trip)

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
jhkey wrote:If anyone needs a ride from SMF let me know. I arrive at 3pm on Sunday and depart at noon on Thursday. A rental car was the same price as the shuttle ($240 round trip)

I was going to say if I were heading back to Sacramento on Thursday, I would give you a ride. Too bad I'm heading into San Jose instead.

MarkDaSpark

kttest wrote:Wish you both could be there. I mean who am I supposed to play bocce with?!

Ahem!! Where's that pic of chopped liver?

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo
gregorylane wrote:Roof strapping HAK...now I'm going to miss those moments. I know you are all excited (and y'all should be!) and can't wait...wish I was feeling the same way. Instead, I've got an empty pit in my stomach and only going on the tour would cure it...have fun everyone, and raise a glass to me and Deb if you think about it. We'll be with you in spirit.

Wish you guys could have made it - I will definitely raise a glass to you both - (then, of course, swish and spit)

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
rpm wrote:we'd love to have you, but you gotta pm woopdedoo or me with your real e-mail try me at catorenasci at gmail .com

Just trying to get an update on this, we sent e-mails last week. Could we please get more information about Wednesday night? Thanks,

CT

MarkDaSpark

Any of the Tour 1 group, TexaCaliAli is having a special Cheese Class at Enos Vineyard in Healdsburg next Thursday, if you aren't flying back home that day.