Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
JOATMON wrote:

Well done, sir!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rpm

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rpm
chemvictim wrote:Is it too late for me and my +1 to join the newbie tour? All this time I was thinking we couldn't do it, but the stars have aligned, etc. We'd love to join you if it's still doable.

Not too late. Contact Woopdedoo immediately about the money details!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
JOATMON wrote:

Can we have her back for the second tour?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
rpm wrote:Not too late. Contact Woopdedoo immediately about the money details!

I sent him a pm. Managed to book the hotel on priceline - hotel web site said no rooms were available and priceline had only one. Yikes. That's what happens when you wait until the last minute.

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
chemvictim wrote:I sent him a pm. Managed to book the hotel on priceline - hotel web site said no rooms were available and priceline had only one. Yikes. That's what happens when you wait until the last minute.

Don't know what kind of price you got, but in order for us to get the "tour rate" that woop & rpm negotiated, we had to call the hotel directly. Here's the linky to woop's hotel info.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
bahwm wrote:Don't know what kind of price you got, but in order for us to get the "tour rate" that woop & rpm negotiated, we had to call the hotel directly. Here's the linky to woop's hotel info.

Turned out to be the same price, although I don't know if it's the same room type.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
klezman wrote:Well done, sir!

huh?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
otolith wrote:huh?

Olivia Wilde, aka Thirteen from House.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

otolith

klezman wrote:Olivia Wilde, aka Thirteen from House.

Got it.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Since there are some self-proclaimed planners out there, it's not too soon to suggest making sure you have a supply of fragrance-free toiletries, such as deodorant/anti-perspirant, if you typically use such things as part of your daily routine. Since so much of our sense of taste has to do with aromas, fragrances really inhibit the ability to evaluate a wine accurately, not to mention the fact that some people are particularly sensitive to fragrances anyway.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
(as of 2011-03-02)

rpm

ddeuddeg wrote:Since there are some self-proclaimed planners out there, it's not too soon to suggest making sure you have a supply of fragrance-free toiletries, such as deodorant/anti-perspirant, if you typically use such things as part of your daily routine. Since so much of our sense of taste has to do with aromas, fragrances really inhibit the ability to evaluate a wine accurately, not to mention the fact that some people are particularly sensitive to fragrances anyway.

QFT NO PERFUME/COLOGNE/TOILET WATER/OTHER EQUIVALENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

It absolutely destroys your, and the people around you's, ability to smell wine. That and drunken behavior are the two best ways to find out how to walk from place to place in Sonoma and Napa.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Tour Itinerary?

Or the restless natives may turn on you!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

I'm being even more last minute than the last time. Any (males) up for a roommate for the 2nd tour?

(And my time off *still* hasn't been approved!)

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
zTimothyBz wrote:I'm being even more last minute than the last time. Any (males) up for a roommate for the 2nd tour?

Well looking at the tour spreadsheet, there are only 2 single people on the tour. That's Sparky & wkdpanda.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo

all will be revealed - SOON!

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Tour Itinerary?

Or the restless natives may turn on you!

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo

Are you a definite "yes"?

zTimothyBz wrote:I'm being even more last minute than the last time. Any (males) up for a roommate for the 2nd tour?

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

I have a feeling I and my +1 might be backing out. Will know more this weekend (hopefully).

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
CAGrl wrote:I have a feeling I and my +1 might be backing out. Will know more this weekend (hopefully).

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

JOATMON

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Well looking at the tour spreadsheet, there are only 2 single people on the tour. That's Sparky & wkdpanda.

I think there are more, counting the stags. klezman's +1 dropped out, and so did andyduncan's +1. Unless the list hasn't been updated...

(as of 2011-03-02)

HitAnyKey42

JOATMON wrote:I think there are more, counting the stags. klezman's +1 dropped out, and so did andyduncan's +1. Unless the list hasn't been updated...

The post on here isn't updated. You need to go by what's on the GoogleDoc spreadsheet. That is current. klezman & andyduncan both had to drop out.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

JOATMON

HitAnyKey42 wrote:The post on here isn't updated. You need to go by what's on the GoogleDoc spreadsheet. That is current. klezman & andyduncan both had to drop out.

So are we down to 14 on the advanced tour?

(as of 2011-03-02)

HitAnyKey42

JOATMON wrote:So are we down to 14 on the advanced tour?

For the moment, yes. If zTimothyBz is able to make it, he'll bring it up to 15.

PS. You have a PM.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
woopdedoo wrote:all will be revealed - SOON!

As soon as you know who is in and who isn't?

HitAnyKey42

jmdavidson wrote:As soon as you know who is in and who isn't?

It's more like, as soon as they have browbeat all the wineries to give us all the super duper special treatment and uber-benefits that they are trying to get for us.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

JOATMON

HitAnyKey42 wrote:PS. You have a PM.

And back at you.

(as of 2011-03-02)

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest
woopdedoo wrote:all will be revealed - SOON!

SUCH a tease!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

You think I can talk hubby into letting me go by myself? That's probably the only way. Oh and also only if I can find a roommate. Doesn't look very good. So sad.

rjquillin

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rjquillin
HitAnyKey42 wrote:For the moment, yes. If zTimothyBz is able to make it, he'll bring it up to 15.

PS. You have a PM.

Still hoping to do both...

CT

HitAnyKey42

CAGrl wrote:You think I can talk hubby into letting me go by myself? That's probably the only way. Oh and also only if I can find a roommate. Doesn't look very good. So sad.

Well if kkv is indeed able to attend and she's going by herself (which last I saw was the case), then you might be able to room with her.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

CAGrl

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Well if kkv is indeed able to attend and she's going by herself (which last I saw was the case), then you might be able to room with her.

Thanks! Now to try and convince the hubby I need to do this while he's hard working. How to sell that one?

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest
CAGrl wrote:Thanks! Now to try and convince the hubby I need to do this while he's hard working. How to sell that one?

Tell him you'd be quite cranky if you had to be home while he was working AND you missed the tour! Not much fun for him.

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

otolith

CAGrl wrote:Thanks! Now to try and convince the hubby I need to do this while he's hard working. How to sell that one?

You're a girl. You can pretty much do what you want. Just ask nicely, I'm sure he'll understand...eventually.

--John Muir

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

If you want to do this, you better do it while you still can. There was indication that there might not be another tour.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

CAGrl

bahwm wrote:If you want to do this, you better do it while you still can. There was indication that there might not be another tour.

I know. I really really want to do this. So mad I missed the last 2. It's just finances and in-laws and husband and unemployment and too much... Will have to talk about it with him soon.

CAGrl

cheron98 wrote:Easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission?

Hahaha. If it were that easy.

JOATMON

And for you fanbois (and you know who you are):

Riffing on the above, I'm in San Diego on business, and Comic Con is about to start up.

(as of 2011-03-02)

rpm

Better to lose one deposit than two?

Seriously, although the Tours have evolved, this year's Newbie Tour will be very close to the original 2008 Magical History Tour and will very much repay your time and cost. You will have much knowledge and (one hopes) some very nice wines to bring home to the hubs. And, of course, sparkling conversation among your [i]bon vivant[/i companions, good food, and many new friends.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!