benguin986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benguin986

My rack is stuffed- but how can I resist this one? I can't. It's Zinsational.

sdwindansea

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sdwindansea

Kent Rasmussen earlier in the week and now Scott Harvey to finish it off. At least they are two completely different wines. I now have two selfish hopes for the new year. First, that the federal and state governments decide to reward my irresponsible spending with a nice tax refund...so I can continue that spending trend. Second, that our house remodel goes quickly & smoothly so I can purchase a good size wine fridge to store all of my goods from my first point above.

Also, as always, thanks Scott for taking the time to join the commentary and provide excellent information and feedback.

Eastcoastmary

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eastcoastmary

WHEW! Just in time for 2 orders while the ball is bouncing...

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
Eastcoastmary wrote:WHEW! Just in time for 2 orders while the ball is bouncing...

me too! glad I checked woot before dinner instead of after!

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

After tasting the InZinerator and seeing the bouncing button, the wife said buy so I obliged. We'll find a spot for it somewhere...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines
North316 wrote:What the preferred temp to drink a good Zin at? Should this be served slightly chilled or at room temp? I'm very tempted to buy this but may wait until this evening (if there is any left by then. I have some of the last InZinerator offer and just might crack open our first bottle this evening for dinner.

I like to drink red wine a little colder than what is recommended. I like it at cellar temperature which for my cellar is 55 to 60 degrees F.

ScottHarveyWines

bbarlame wrote:Aw no WV?

Scott- I was able to call the winery and talk to Jana to get wine sent to WV before when WW didnt allow. Any chance I can do that now? Even better, can I ship to PA which is legal now?

Wineries seem so slow adding PA to their ship lists, unless only legal for wine.com

We can't ship direct to PA. If we use a third party shipper, they charge us $50 per case. WV is only $20. I was told in civic's class that the US was based on fair trade between the states. I guess that doesn't count for wine. To bad, in Europe wine is treated like food and can be shipped through the mail between all the EC countries. In the US it is harder to ship wine between Califronia and Nevada than it is in Europe between Germany and England.

ScottHarveyWines

redredwine67 wrote:Maybe Scott or somebody else can answer this. Does the PH go up or down when it's in the bottle? And how much does it change?

I'm not sure if pH goes up with aging. I would think it would just slightly as the free SO2 converts to bound SO2 and the wine begins to brown.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

No idea where it's going but in for one

Scott Harvey 2009 Reserve Old Vine Zinfandel - 4 Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: MarkDaSpark
Speed to first woot: 1m 13.057s
Last wooter to woot: bsevern

ScottHarveyWines

dbdoberman wrote:Sounds like my palate is going to be happy very soon! What a great deal, thank you.

Scott, I read a review on Wine Review Online, and am very impressed. Great piece, with humor added. Do you still enjoy homemade leberknodel?

I make it all the time. If you stop by, I'll give you some. I always keep some in the freezer.

North316

ScottHarveyWines wrote:I make it all the time. If you stop by, I'll give you some. I always keep some in the freezer.

Seriously, where other than woot would you receive an offer like this? Love this place and it's because of people like Scott.

My CT

SneezyKevinA

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SneezyKevinA

in for 1. I can't wait to try it. I want to keep at least 1 to cellar. We will see how that goes, my cellar is being over run with wines to cellar. I might have to build another rack but at 200+ bottles I do have a lot of $$$ tied up in wine. My wife asked me how much one day and I just told her she didn't want to know.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

SOLD OUT!

Congrats Scott! I can't wait to try it

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

Hmmmm..... 800 woots= 3200 bottles. Not sure how this works out considering the description says only 222 cases (2664 bottles). Something doesn't jive. Still glad I got my bottles, but seems a bit misleading as 222 cases implies small production.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
trifecta wrote:Hmmmm..... 800 woots= 3200 bottles. Not sure how this works out considering the description says only 222 cases (2664 bottles). Something doesn't jive. Still glad I got my bottles, but seems a bit misleading as 222 cases implies small production.

Did you buy because of the assumed small production?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ScottHarveyWines

trifecta wrote:Hmmmm..... 800 woots= 3200 bottles. Not sure how this works out considering the description says only 222 cases (2664 bottles). Something doesn't jive. Still glad I got my bottles, but seems a bit misleading as 222 cases implies small production.

Thanks for bringing that to light. The production sheet I gave woot says 222 cases. You had me scared for a second. I checked my production records and see I bottled 637 cases. The previous vintage was only 222 cases and when I made the new spec sheet for the 2009 I didn't change the production number. I want to thank everyone for a great and fun day with you all. Look forward to being back.
Cheers

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Thanks for bringing that to light. The production sheet I gave woot says 222 cases. You had me scared for a second. I checked my production records and see I bottled 637 cases. The previous vintage was only 222 cases and when I made the new spec sheet for the 2009 I didn't change the production number. I want to thank everyone for a great and fun day with you all. Look forward to being back.
Cheers

Do I get a free bottle for my attention to detail? Haha. Thanks Scott!

winedrew

quality posts: 6 Private Messages winedrew
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Thanks for bringing that to light. The production sheet I gave woot says 222 cases. You had me scared for a second. I checked my production records and see I bottled 637 cases. The previous vintage was only 222 cases and when I made the new spec sheet for the 2009 I didn't change the production number. I want to thank everyone for a great and fun day with you all. Look forward to being back.
Cheers

Thanks Scott!

EddyGurge

quality posts: 9 Private Messages EddyGurge

Quite happy I didn't miss out on this one!

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Thanks for the new wine Scott! Add one (actually two) more to those who have appreciated your hospitality and your wine!

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

First timer on wine.woot.

I've been watching and waiting for a wine that would confuse my taste buds LOL...

I bought early in the day and just came back to read all the discussions and am convinced I made a great decision jumping in for my first wine woot on this one.

I don't remember whom it was, but someone suggested opening one bottle every 3 years. I love that idea. I imagine it's going to be hard to leave the bottles laying there for years and not giving into the desire to drink it, but I'll try.

Really looking forward to my first Scott Harvey wine.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

liverman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages liverman

Thank you Scott and kylemittskus for your clear explanations!

I'll now map out a plan to drink these over the next decade.

Thanks!!

Regards,

Greg

Juhlemann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Juhlemann

I was introduced to Scott Harvey wines through Wine Woot and have been a fan ever since - I have several cases of his stuff in my basement now. Scott Harvey discusses "taste fatigue" that occurs with some wines - the phenomenon of having the wine seemingly lose its flavor as the meal goes on. I have certainly noticed this with some very expensive California wines, but never with Scott Harvey. This Reserve Zinfandel is the best argument one could make for this grape and for this style of wine making.

Juhlemann

North316

mschauber wrote:First timer on wine.woot.

I've been watching and waiting for a wine that would confuse my taste buds LOL...

I bought early in the day and just came back to read all the discussions and am convinced I made a great decision jumping in for my first wine woot on this one.

I don't remember whom it was, but someone suggested opening one bottle every 3 years. I love that idea. I imagine it's going to be hard to leave the bottles laying there for years and not giving into the desire to drink it, but I'll try.

Really looking forward to my first Scott Harvey wine.

The key to not succumbing to the temptation is to buy a lot more wine, making it much easier to overlook the bottles you are trying to hold on, while drinking the other delicious choices you have.

I thought the same as you when I bought some definite cellar-worthy TyCaton wines a few months ago, along with delicious Kent Rasmussen Forte. The temptation was quickly taken away though when I proceeded to buy about 50 other bottles from wine.woot.

My CT

ScottHarveyWines

trifecta wrote:Do I get a free bottle for my attention to detail? Haha. Thanks Scott!

PM me or call me at the winery at 707 968-9575 and I'll get a bottle to you.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
ScottHarveyWines wrote:PM me or call me at the winery at 707 968-9575 and I'll get a bottle to you.

WHAT?!?!?!? I protest! I have no logical argument or grounds, but I do!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jmerk4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmerk4

I live in Maryland. Do you not ship to this state? I see that there is a charge and a credit on my credit card.

szecsei

quality posts: 9 Private Messages szecsei

I got my shipment and recently opened a bottle...learning slowly, but learning. Wish I had bought 3. I have loved all of scott's wines that I have purchased! His offerings are on my must-buy list now...despite my siwbm.

karowa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karowa

bomb dot com (this wine)

chukon99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chukon99

Amazed at how well this is drinking. Well-balanced, like nearly all of Scott's wines. Good bit of fruit up front, no heat whatsoever, and great structure. So glad I have 7 more bottles of this!!

Shabs42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shabs42

Just opened our first bottle of this to celebrate my a promotion for my wife. Absolutely amazing and made me wish I had maxed out on the order. Thanks Scott!