WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Corison Kronos Vineyard and Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - 2 Pack

Speed to First Woot:
1m 31.000s
First Sucker:
richinhouston
Last Wooter to Woot:
Cesare
Last Purchase:
3 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 48% of Wine Woots
Bottom 37% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 28% of Wine Woots
Top 34% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 2% first woot
  • 2% second woot
  • 7% < 10 woots
  • 17% < 25 woots
  • 72% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 1% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 9% one year old
  • 88% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 59% bought 1
  • 28% bought 2
  • 12% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

14%
6%
3%
2%
1%
1%
4%
5%
8%
6%
8%
5%
3%
4%
6%
2%
3%
0%
1%
3%
2%
2%
6%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting





Quality Posts



Cesare


quality posts: 1560 Private Messages Cesare

Corison Kronos Vineyard and Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - 2 Pack
$119.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCTS:
1 2006 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
1 2006 Kronos Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
CT links above

Winery website

Merry Christmas!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Merry Christmas to me and all...thanks Woot!

Last wooter to woot: tytiger58

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




epistemologonhere


quality posts: 20 Private Messages epistemologonhere

Kronos for $60?!!! EDIT, sorry, it's one Kronos and one Napa, so not quite that good. Still and Autobuy, and then lay down for a decade. Best wine you'll buy all year, so they ALL say!

Merry Christmas to you all. Thank you Kathy and WD!

___
007

mikegberg


quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg

And I thought grabbing my first Box of Chocolates would be the biggest score of the night.

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

MaskedMarvel


quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

Probably my favourite juice ever sold through woot - the Kronos is particularly amazing.

Happiest Christmas to you all - and a long tannined New Year!

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Wow wow wow. I think I have to pass, but I wish I didn't have to. Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

epistemologonhere


quality posts: 20 Private Messages epistemologonhere
kylemittskus wrote:Wow wow wow. I think I have to pass, but I wish I didn't have to. Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!



Oh frabjous day, calloo callay!

___
007

Winedavid39


quality posts: 196 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Merry Christmas everyone !

Just love this place.

David

cortot20


quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
epistemologonhere wrote:Kronos for $60?!!! Autobuy, and then lay down for a decade. Best wine you'll buy all year, so they ALL say!

Merry Christmas to you all. Thank you Kathy and WD!



More like Kronos for $80, and napa valley cab for $40.

CT

pooh758


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pooh758

Where are the random bags of crap? I waited up all this time????? There is always one on holiday's!!!! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!

poorhungrydoctor


quality posts: 7 Private Messages poorhungrydoctor

I know everyone here raves about Kronos, but is it me or am I finding only very mediocre reviews about this vintage?

InFrom


quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
pooh758 wrote:Where are the random bags of crap? I waited up all this time????? There is always one on holiday's!!!! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!



Well, try reading the description over on woot. and then try getting through! I can't believe anybody got one -- I've been just getting "503 Service Not Available" since 1:00. But yes, to all a good night.

speedoo


quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
cortot20 wrote:More like Kronos for $80, and napa valley cab for $40.



Or, $90 and $30, or somewhere in between.

Will think it over, but I think my SIWBM will withstand the pressure.



richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
cortot20 wrote:More like Kronos for $80, and napa valley cab for $40.



Aha, that's true. Still a very fine deal indeed! Kronos retails at nearly $100, the Napa Cab about $65-70 street price. The Napa Cab's $5 more than our better prior woots of the 02/03, but to be expected with supply etc, methinks. 20% is I believe the most generous discount you'll ever get for the Kronos.

This is the pinnacle of California Cabernet, made in the subtler, classic style.
The finest wines available to Humanity!

richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
InFrom wrote:Well, try reading the description over on woot. and then try getting through! I can't believe anybody got one -- I've been just getting "503 Service Not Available" since 1:00. But yes, to all a good night.



How do you get the Burgandy Olfactory Center ? I just see a laptop. More interested in the Corison anyway 8-)

Merry Christmas to you all from near Stonehenge in Wiltshire!

mike808


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

In for 3. Merry Christmakwaanzukhuh all.
Got mine before the bouncy button.
Ho! Ho! Ho! instead of No! No! No!

mikegberg


quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg
InFrom wrote:Well, try reading the description over on woot. and then try getting through! I can't believe anybody got one -- I've been just getting "503 Service Not Available" since 1:00. But yes, to all a good night.



Yeah, there's a link in the writeup. I scored one in the first minute (got an email and charge to my card), but the site went 503 before I actually saw the confirmation page. Still can't get anywhere on woot proper.

Can I interest anyone in a mini TIE fighter, though?

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
mikegberg wrote:Yeah, there's a link in the writeup. I scored one in the first minute (got an email and charge to my card), but the site went 503 before I actually saw the confirmation page. Still can't get anywhere on woot proper.

Can I interest anyone in a mini TIE fighter, though?



wait, I just ordered one.. still ok! Santa's new bag... http://www.woot.com/special.aspx?k=hohocrap
let's see if it manages to get through.

EDIT: Success! There are still Burgandy Olfactory Center out there: Servers have died down and many people haven't twigged and gone to bed. For me it's 6.30 am on Christmas morning!

cortot20


quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

I had the 06' Kronos in the tasting room last fall and enjoyed it enough to splurge on the woot offer last year. No notes though.

After tasting through several older vintages of the two cabs that Cathy makes it is obvious that these are wines that are meant to aged, they can be consumed young but the beauty in them really seems to come out after 8+ years, so if I were to buy these I would definitely be laying them down for another 2-3 years at least.

Most around here would say the Napa cab is a 10 year minimum and the Kronos is more like 15 years.

CT

InFrom


quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
richardhod wrote:wait, I just ordered one.. still ok! Santa's new bag... http://www.woot.com/special.aspx?k=hohocrap
let's see if it manages to get through.

EDIT: Success! There are still Burgandy Olfactory Center out there: Servers have died down and many people haven't twigged and gone to bed. For me it's 6.30 am on Christmas morning!



Mine went through at about the same time.

I can't believe you got up early for this -- or are you just coming in from a wild night of caroling?

epistemologonhere


quality posts: 20 Private Messages epistemologonhere
poorhungrydoctor wrote:I know everyone here raves about Kronos, but is it me or am I finding only very mediocre reviews about this vintage?



IF you're unsure, look at the reviews:
- three here, at snooth and I bet the one mediocre one is from someone who thinks Cab should be 17% alcohol and all prunes!
- Midwestwineguy
- WineSweden
- a visit to the winery by WineAnorak
- WineAccess with reviews by Tanzer and another guy who doesn't realise how long you can benhefit by cellaring these.

Yelp! also

___
007

poorhungrydoctor


quality posts: 7 Private Messages poorhungrydoctor

If I don't have a wine cooler, and I will not be drinking these for next few years, should I simply not buy these?

I would hate to store the wine at room temperature for 4 or 5 years, only to find two bottles of off-tasting wine. (I live in bay area, and the temperature in the basement swings very slowly between 50 to 75 degrees during the year.)

sukeiasa


quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa
cortot20 wrote:I had the 06' Kronos in the tasting room last fall and enjoyed it enough to splurge on the woot offer last year. No notes though.

After tasting through several older vintages of the two cabs that Cathy makes it is obvious that these are wines that are meant to aged, they can be consumed young but the beauty in them really seems to come out after 8+ years, so if I were to buy these I would definitely be laying them down for another 2-3 years at least.

Most around here would say the Napa cab is a 10 year minimum and the Kronos is more like 15 years.



interesting... i thought these cabs are either drunk year 3-5 or 10-15+, but not between year 5-10?

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5 NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

beefytaco


quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

Wow, Merry Christmas to me!
Church ran late and I missed out on the Burgandy Olfactory Center but this offering more than makes up for it.
Thanks Cathy C, and Wine D

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

smittypap


quality posts: 6 Private Messages smittypap

Dear Santa,

Please just put this into my Bag of Crap instead of the three craps and we'll call it even.

Thank you.

Crap

sukeiasa


quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

oh... and corison and kronos = autobuy...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5 NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
poorhungrydoctor wrote:If I don't have a wine cooler, and I will not be drinking these for next few years, should I simply not buy these?

I would hate to store the wine at room temperature for 4 or 5 years, only to find two bottles of off-tasting wine. (I live in bay area, and the temperature in the basement swings very slowly between 50 to 75 degrees during the year.)



I woke up far too early this morning, so I might as well talk. I'm not entirely sure about 50-75 degree swings but that does sound quite large, though that is exactly the allowable temperature range for storage (ideally 65 upper limit), but yes recommended is n more than a few degrees' swing. Still, I reckon you'd get away with it for a few years, but others may disagree! Use the woot googlebox to the right, and experiment with a few search terms: there's been much talk on this topic in the forums!

You can get a 12-bottle wine cooler/humidity controller "fridge" for $50 ish on Craigslist or elsewhere when there's offers on (Christmas sales!). Alternatively, you could just buy aged wine retail each time and eat the extra cost! Much less fun though ;)

Also, Cathy Corison says she likes to drink her wines over the duration of their life, not just young or old, and enjoy tasting how they develop. She doesn't believe in the dumb period some say exists between 7ish to 10-ish years old in good Cab-based wines i think. That's still up for debate!

I've a 1989 Corison Cab ready to drink which I intend to share next week...

Merry Christmas!

bskuared


quality posts: 11 Private Messages bskuared

My all time favorite. Been waiting for this. Made a mistake and only ordered one last time. Won't make that mistake twice. In for two.

food. italy. food. italy. wine. books. travel. food. genealogy. food. wine. italy. food. get. the. idea?

San Clemente · http://www.italyandme.com

mikop168


quality posts: 9 Private Messages mikop168

Woot keeps talking about these so I just have to see for myself.

In for 2.

cathycorison


quality posts: 30 Private Messages cathycorison

Merry Solstice from Florence! Thank you Wooters for your community of wine lovers. The 2006 vintage is a bit of a sleeper, just beginning to unfold. Cheers.

fred2001


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fred2001

Merry Christmas all...

SPEED TO FIRST WOOT:1m 31.573s
FIRST SUCKER:richinhouston
LAST WOOTER TO WOOT:fred2001

cathycorison


quality posts: 30 Private Messages cathycorison
poorhungrydoctor wrote:If I don't have a wine cooler, and I will not be drinking these for next few years, should I simply not buy these?

I would hate to store the wine at room temperature for 4 or 5 years, only to find two bottles of off-tasting wine. (I live in bay area, and the temperature in the basement swings very slowly between 50 to 75 degrees during the year.)



These aren't conditions for aging the wines for your grandchildrens' weddings but the wine should be fine. At temperatures over 60, the wines will age faster. 4-5 years would be a good time to try them. At around 10 years of age they are almost always interesting.

Synos10


quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10

No Georgia? Unusual.

RRichmo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages RRichmo

Being Christmas day, I may not get an answer, but I can't understand why I can order directly from Corison Winery and have it shipped to me in Tennessee, but can never buy Corison from Wine.Woot. Is there a reason for that, or is it an oversight in listing TN?

The last Corison offer, I got a very kind response from Cathy Corison, but I still don't know the answer to my question. I've not know a winery that ships directly to TN, but cannot ship Woot orders, but I could be wrong. Can someone shed some light on this?

And Merry Christmas to everyone!

Daystar


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

Funny, the two bottles I grabbed from my cellar to drink with my Dad today was a 98' regular Corison and a 98' Kronos Corison.

I guess I have to replace them with something. Mine as well be more Corison.

Also, unsure if anyone has mention it yet but I dont believe Cathy owns the Kronos vineyard anymore so this is a special buy.

outdoorslife


quality posts: 8 Private Messages outdoorslife

Hopefully Cathy can chime in on the Kronos sale or not and how that might effect future vintages!

I went in on three, after multiple comments on other wines and the continual comparison to Corison. And having no problem forgetting about what I have (thank G. for CT)!

Merry Xmas

Daystar


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar
richardhod wrote:
Also, Cathy Corison says she likes to drink her wines over the duration of their life, not just young or old, and enjoy tasting how they develop. She doesn't believe in the dumb period some say exists between 7ish to 10-ish years old in good Cab-based wines i think. That's still up for debate!

I've a 1989 Corison Cab ready to drink which I intend to share next week...

Merry Christmas!



I opened a 89' Corison last year, tasted great!

conroo


quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

I'm happy to see this offer as my Corison Cab supply is getting low.

The '02 will be gracing our Christmas dinner table tonight along with a beef loin roast.

Thank you, Cathy, for making such wonderful wine!

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

dmacke99


quality posts: 5 Private Messages dmacke99

can anyone sell me on this particular vintage? even though I really really want to experience this wine, i'm hesitant to buy a $90 cab from a tough year, hold it 10 years, drink it, and think it was just a pretty good bottle of wine.