ppremont

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ppremont

"This wine would lend itself well to spicy crab cakes with lemon aioli sauce as well as with grilled lamb chops with a baby arugula salad and grilled peaches."

Could you be a little more specific please? I'm out of lemons, can I just serve plain aïoli? Also, can I grill some nectarines instead?

Bring back the 4 O'Clock Flash!!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ppremont wrote:"This wine would lend itself well to spicy crab cakes with lemon aioli sauce"

That's what I had for dinner... now I'm really sad I didn't get in on this deal.

Next time I will not be so level headed. ;)

I'm just hanging out, really.

szecsei

quality posts: 10 Private Messages szecsei

I was curious about the wine but held back. If anyone near Iowa city or Daytona beach feel like parting with a bottle, let me know. I'll be driving south for the holidays.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

I see my state of NM has been going crazy over some of these whites too. If anyone around the Albuquerque around bought some and is looking for someone to split it with, send me a PM.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

LTU99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LTU99

Is there any chance this will show up before Christmas?

bweed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bweed
LTU99 wrote:Is there any chance this will show up before Christmas?

I was foolishly hoping it would be here in time for a holiday dinner party on Sunday!

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88

Track by reference indicates my order has shipped and will be here on Dec 20th!

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Got my Crusher Orange today!!

jdgriffin811

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdgriffin811

Got mine today too! Cant wait to crack open a bottle this evening. I'll report back soon with my experience.

paney2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paney2

Opened a bottle. It has some nice aromas going on, and I definitely smell the oranges.

bsevern

Tried my first bottle tonight with some orange chicken (just a coincidence) and it was fantastic!

Although it was very nice chilled out of the fridge, it was 200% better as it got closer to room temp, or just slightly chilled. I wish I'd purchased more of this now, it's the real deal and I felt the tasting notes from the winery were spot on.

If this ever comes up again, it's an all in autobuy for me!

nwnomad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nwnomad

I have to agree. When chilled, the aroma was distinctly spicy, like nutmeg and cloves, and sweet. The flavors seemed to mellow and improve as the wine warmed up a bit. Very interesting wine. On my 3rd glass now, so obviously I like it.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I just received mine today. I won't be trying it just yet though, will likely wait until Christmas to get lots of opinions. I will either post some comments here or on CT, as I am really looking forward to this, especially after bsevern's reviews I have read.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

norriscr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages norriscr

Wow....this is some good stuff. I'm one of those that normally has no love for white wine so I thought this would be a good one for me. It was.

Nice and spicy, nice and dry. Cloves, nutmeg, black pepper???? Got better and better the more air we gave it. Right out of the bottle it had a strong punch of alcohol which went away with more air. Almost has a brandy like taste. Trying to think of a way to use a cup or two for cooking to see if its unique flavor carries over to that.

Very pleased to have grabbed this. Will definitely grab again if it come up.

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
norriscr wrote:...Trying to think of a way to use a cup or two for cooking to see if its unique flavor carries over to that.

Deglaze a pan that you used to sauté chicken with the wine, and make a cream sauce only use eggnog instead of heavy cream. It will work wonders. That brandy quality (good catch) will shine there.

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
bsevern wrote:Tried my first bottle tonight with some orange chicken (just a coincidence) and it was fantastic!

Although it was very nice chilled out of the fridge, it was 200% better as it got closer to room temp, or just slightly chilled. I wish I'd purchased more of this now, it's the real deal and I felt the tasting notes from the winery were spot on.

If this ever comes up again, it's an all in autobuy for me!

The grapes have been given a red wine treatment, so it's likely to be better served at the same temp as a light red like Sangiovese or Pinot Noir. A slight chill below cellar temperature: 50 degrees F or so.

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

omegas14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omegas14

It's Christmas Eve. This was a Christmas Present for my husband. Two bottles down. Wonderful!!

bsevern

iByron wrote:The grapes have been given a red wine treatment, so it's likely to be better served at the same temp as a light red like Sangiovese or Pinot Noir. A slight chill below cellar temperature: 50 degrees F or so.

iByron

Slightly chilled to room temp is where this wine shines, but it's also great chilled. Albeit still a good wine served chilled, it turns into something fantastic at room temp.

I like the Brandy profile too, a glass of this would be great with a cigar like a Monte#2, or such.

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2

I am currently on my second glass! Absolutely wonderful. What a Christmas treat! My only regret.. is not buying more. Cheers!

allidavie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages allidavie

Finally got a chance to try this one. After I had some straight out of the fridge, I was completely unimpressed. Strongly acidic but without much taste. I regretted buying it and just left half of my glass out.

Decided to try another sip before I poured it down the sink and gave away the other bottles, and it was excellent. Fruity, citrusy with lots of spice. It's an excellent "winter white" if that makes sense. Will be pulling the bottle out of the fridge and serving at room temp in the future. Really interesting, different wine and I'm so glad I gave it a second chance.

crystalinfire

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crystalinfire

Anyone want to split a bottle of this around Kansas City?

Igannon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Igannon

Just popped the first bottle this evening. The nose, to me, is remarkably similar to "old school" bubble gum (a la bazooka joe or other cheap brands). I also smell the brandy notes mentioned above. After this I expected to taste more sweetness. The oak really comes through on the palate, but isn't overwhelming. I can see where people describe this as nutmeg-like or spicy. Very interesting and delicious wine.

JanFP

quality posts: 11 Private Messages JanFP
allidavie wrote:Finally got a chance to try this one. After I had some straight out of the fridge, I was completely unimpressed. Strongly acidic but without much taste. I regretted buying it and just left half of my glass out.

Decided to try another sip before I poured it down the sink and gave away the other bottles, and it was excellent. Fruity, citrusy with lots of spice. It's an excellent "winter white" if that makes sense. Will be pulling the bottle out of the fridge and serving at room temp in the future. Really interesting, different wine and I'm so glad I gave it a second chance.

My experience started out like yours, but it never developed any flavors. My first bottle must have been bad, so I'll open another bottle and give it a chance.

Too much wine, too many beer-drinking friends

animi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages animi

First bottle I tried was not impressive. Served it slightly chilled (~60 degrees). It smelled of petrol and a little hint of vinegar on the nose. It might have been a flawed bottle. I guess I'll know when I open the next one.

http://www.lavinodolce.com

jgosau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgosau

Definitely a disappointment straight from the fridge, but gets excellent when sitting in the glass for 30 min both for temperature and breathing. Odd to give a "white" the red wine treatment, but it works. I will get more when it comes around again.

chenchr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chenchr

When can we get some more of this?? down to my last bottle..

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

you have to wait for 2011 to be released. the entire 2010 vintage is gone. I believed they said the 2011 would be ready toward the end of Nov

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill