12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare

The Crusher 2010 Wilson Vineyard Big Orange White Wine Blend - 4 Pack
$59.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Orange (that's right... orange)
PRODUCT:
4 The Crusher 2010 Wilson Vineyard Big Orange White Wine Blend, Clarksburg
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Wow this is interesting, it sounds terrific!

I take it this wine went through MLF?

Also what's the aging potential on this?

pkagel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pkagel

Well, I'm either a sucker or I've found something awesome here. I'm in for one.

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I just heard about that recently. Its a new trend on aging whites. So I'm curious to try, anyone want to split this?

crusherwinemaker

quality posts: 12 Private Messages crusherwinemaker

Looking forward to fielding questions from you wooters on the Big Orange. It's white grapes made in the style of red wines. Sounds odd - tastes great.

This is a great/unique product and we are proud to offer it exclusively here on wine.woot! I'll be available for questions for a bit tonight and throughout the day tomorrow...

goaljnky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goaljnky

What is a drinking window on this? How will it stand up to being cellared?

Wine Whore
Cellar Tracker

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson

If the winery has it for $12.99/bottle. Where's the woot deal?

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg

Would love to see rattage on this. Even SWMBO is interested in the concept, but asks, "What if we don't like it?"

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

crusherwinemaker

bsevern wrote:Wow this is interesting, it sounds terrific!

I take it this wine went through MLF?

Also what's the aging potential on this?

-- Yes, as with red wine production, it is 100% MLF. Aging potential is excellent. Aging is in fact recommended. You will notice a hint of tannin-like structure to the wine. That will help it age over time. This method of winemaking was employed in the Alpine Foothills in previous centuries to in fact improve the age-worthiness of those wines...

epistemologonhere

quality posts: 20 Private Messages epistemologonhere
crusherwinemaker wrote:Looking forward to fielding questions from you wooters on the Big Orange. It's white grapes made in the style of red wines. Sounds odd - tastes great.

This is a great/unique product and we are proud to offer it exclusively here on wine.woot! I'll be available for questions for a bit tonight and throughout the day tomorrow...

Descriptions sounds fascinating! Is this dry, or has some sweetness? I've never seen an orange wine that wasn't sweet

___

rjquillin

quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin

Can't find it on your site. Any bottle and/or tasting notes?
Indeed, intriguing...

CT

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg
jmdavidson wrote:If the winery has it for $12.99/bottle. Where's the woot deal?

This is a product launch, not available on their website. You must be looking at the other wines under the Crusher label.

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88
epistemologonhere wrote:Descriptions sounds fascinating! Is this dry, or has some sweetness? I've never seen an orange wine that wasn't sweet

I, too, am curious if this is dry, sweet, or in between. I don't see any RS listings, so I'm assuming dry but..

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

I want this but I want more information first. Anyone tried Orange wine? I've heard things about it, interesting and good things. Can anyone concur?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

crusherwinemaker

jmdavidson wrote:If the winery has it for $12.99/bottle. Where's the woot deal?

-- This wine is available nowhere but here on wine.woot.com. Not direct from the winery, not from any retailer.

mhenning

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mhenning

I'm also interested in an aging window for this unique beast.

Also wondering if I'd want to decant longer due to the higher amount of structure etc.

Sounds complex and delicious. I don't think I can resist.

w00tgurl

quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl

looks like an evening sundown in a glass. i've never heard of orange wine but the pic looks beeyootiful

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed

crusherwinemaker

alien88 wrote:I, too, am curious if this is dry, sweet, or in between. I don't see any RS listings, so I'm assuming dry but..

-- Sorry I don't have lab numbers on me right now... but this wine is basically dry. It has elevated RS at/near threshhold (where you could taste it) but it is balanced by - or perhaps balances - the tannin structure the wine gets from its time fermenting with the seeds and skins.

cortot20

quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20

Cool!
they updated the pope hat.

CT

greydevil

quality posts: 3 Private Messages greydevil

If i order one when can i expect to see it at my door? (basically asking if i'd be able to get my hands on it before New Years).

crusherwinemaker

mhenning wrote:I'm also interested in an aging window for this unique beast.

Also wondering if I'd want to decant longer due to the higher amount of structure etc.

Sounds complex and delicious. I don't think I can resist.

-- Yes, definitely decant. But personally, I think approx 99% of all wines benefit from a good one hour decanting. Also, serve lightly chilled. But not too cold.

texacaliali

quality posts: 137 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

crusherwinemaker wrote:-- Yes, definitely decant. But personally, I think approx 99% of all wines benefit from a good one hour decanting. Also, serve lightly chilled. But not too cold.

+1

WineDavid was my Boss!

crusherwinemaker

rjquillin wrote:Can't find it on your site. Any bottle and/or tasting notes?
Indeed, intriguing...

-- World-wide Woot exclusive! This wine was bottled just for woot. The tasting notes on the wine.woot home page are pretty thorough.

bsevern

texacaliali wrote:+1

Ali have you tried this?

Please do tell

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Is there anyone in Southern California (Ventura/Los Angeles) That would like to sell me one of theirs? I'll make the drive and pay 1 bottle and your shipping ($20) and pick it up :D

PM me.

Edit: Found Someone to Split with. Thanks anyways. If you'd like to split on future wine it's nice to have a list though. Ventura area would be great for someone closer for next time I might want to split

michaepf

quality posts: 20 Private Messages michaepf

I would take one bottle or two in San Francisco. I'm leaving on a jet plane early in the morning, so I can't place the order, but feel free to PM me for an email address if you've got an order you'd like to split.

Cheers,
Michael

My Cellar, totally out of date. Useful, I know.

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
cmaldoon wrote:I want this but I want more information first. Anyone tried Orange wine? I've heard things about it, interesting and good things. Can anyone concur?

I've had "orange" wines from Channing Daughters on Long Island, Va La Vineyards in SE Pennsylvania, and a few wines from Friuli in NE Italy. Just as wines from black grapes differ depending upon the grapes used, vinification processes, etc., so it is with wines from white grapes. They're similar but different so if you've had one you haven't had them all. I've got a Georgian Kisi waiting to be opened, too.

Broadly speaking you could say they have characteristics of a lighter-bodied red with noticeable, but less "strident" tannins and of course less depth of color (the common white grapes are relatively thin-skinned). The flavor profile will come from the grapes used though, so imagine your favorite white grape taste with the structure of say a red Burgundy or other cool-climate PInot Noir.

This should be interesting to try. I'm imagining the Viognier taking a big lead on the nose and taste with Chard there for body. Looking forward to trying some of my own.

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

bsevern

michaepf wrote:I would take one bottle or two in San Francisco. I'm leaving on a jet plane early in the morning, so I can't place the order, but feel free to PM me for an email address if you've got an order you'd like to split.

Cheers,
Michael

Michael I'd be up for a split. I live in Sunnyvale, I'll PM you.

Thanks,
Brian

MalcolmPX

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MalcolmPX

In for one, naturally. Looking forward to comparing with Long Island, Chester County Pennsylvania, and of course, Friuli Italy.

MPX

Bringing about an all wine.woot black square by any means necessary.--MalcolmPX

Betty Shirazz? Yeah, I think I know her.

hogfatt

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hogfatt

In for 1. I don't particularly care for chard or viognier, but this sounds like something different to put my palette through.

CT Updating, please wait....

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
bsevern wrote:Michael I'd be up for a split. I live in Sunnyvale, I'll PM you.

Thanks,
Brian

PM'd you about snagging a bottle!

texacaliali

quality posts: 137 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

bsevern wrote:Ali have you tried this?

Please do tell

need to be short tonight, more tomorrow from me on orange wines. I haven't tasted this one ( WD worked magic here), but am thrilled to see this on woot! most "orange wine" I've enjoyed over the years are imports. However, the NPA winery who's famous for their orange wine delivery in Kleen Kanteens to Bay Area restaurants is an auto-buy for me anytime I see it on a wine list. Thinking back, if you enjoyed the Sauv Blanc offering from Old World Winery the year,this offering should also be pleasing to you. texting in from theb tiny iphone, pardon any typos, off to much needed beauty sleep now!

WineDavid was my Boss!

1sillychick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1sillychick

Yet another reason I hate living in Maryland . . . no wine for me.

pheasantdog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pheasantdog

Essence of cumquat?

pheasantdog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pheasantdog

i'd like to know if we will get these before Christmas. I'd love to give some away as gifts!

epistemologonhere

quality posts: 20 Private Messages epistemologonhere

And, is this wine more like Beverly, or Wesley?

___

DrCourt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DrCourt

Doesn't sound like something I usually would like, but am so intrigued that I'm in for one. After the Woot Off last week, I'm certain that my credit card is going to self-destruct.

DMfan8604

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DMfan8604

I'm really wanting to try this, but not sure about 4 bottles. Anyone in Austin, Tx interested in splitting?

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

^^^ What DMFan said.
I'd love to split this with anyone in ATL.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)