CONDITION: Fruity
PRODUCTS:
1 Blackberry & Poppy Flower Preserves, 7.75 oz
1 Apricot & Hibiscus Preserves, 7.75 oz
1 Strawberry & Cassis Cream Preserves, 7.75 oz

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Michaelb3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Michaelb3

French, ugh, no thanks.

intensesupernova

quality posts: 2 Private Messages intensesupernova

These sound so delicious. But too expensive for my taste. I think I'll make my own.

dadof6

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dadof6

The French have always found a way to find themselves in, er, a jam...

maggiecain

quality posts: 9 Private Messages maggiecain

I can't find this anywhere except in daily deals for this same price, not reviewed. I'd love to hear if someone actually ate them and how they are. No one makes better food than the French, but these are of course "French inspired," and it's a pretty expensive jar of jelly.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Sacre Bleu!!! You couldn't have had the Buono Rosso, then this, THEN the TyTanium???? The one wine I could really use and you put it on before I wake up????

Pffft.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy

I bought 3 sets of a similar 3-pack of these in september and so far only tried the raspberry & violet one - it tastes a little musty almost from the violet. I'm wishing I had the strawberry one instead! A few of mine will be going into gift boxes, and I'm hopeful that the other flavors I have (blackberry & poppy and peach & lavender) will be better.
Anyone else try the previous set?

Michaelb3

mawy wrote:I bought 3 sets of a similar 3-pack of these in september and so far only tried the raspberry & violet one - it tastes a little musty almost from the violet. I'm wishing I had the strawberry one instead! A few of mine will be going into gift boxes, and I'm hopeful that the other flavors I have (blackberry & poppy and peach & lavender) will be better.
Anyone else try the previous set?

"Tastes a little musty"
That's the French part!

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

AUTO BUY 3!

These are the most amazing preserves I have ever had the pleasure of savoring. I have been wishing and hoping and begging and praying for these to come back. It's sweet but the sweet is just natural, and you CAN ACTUALLY TASTE THE FRUIT!

And don't get me started on the floral aroma, the second you open that jar there are no words to describe the wonderful bouquet that literally just makes you want o breathe it in and savor the flavor before you even eat. Sometimes I just open the jar and breathe it in and that's enough of a fix for me, I can't believe how wonderful these are!

WHY HAVEN'T YOU BOUGHT 3 YET?!

lauragilpin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lauragilpin

Honestly, "French inspired"? I can say I've been inspired by Stephen Hawking, doesn't mean I grasp quantum mechanics...

paulmd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulmd

These are absolutely amazing... Look like mostly different flavors than the first time.. I am getting one again!

Chinaguy00

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chinaguy00

Hey Marylanders, you can buy this one!!!
(I used to live in MD, so feel your pain)...

rpstrong

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rpstrong

In for two - I'll keep two jars, and pair the others for gifts.

Yeah, I'm cheap.

poorhungrydoctor

quality posts: 7 Private Messages poorhungrydoctor

This is the first woot-off where I spent more dollars on wine.woot than any other woot combined.

tytanium, victory, brandini.
Do I really need French inspired jam?
BRING BACK THE SALAMI!!!!!

myrlin

quality posts: 9 Private Messages myrlin

I bought the 3 pack last time they were here. My wife and I have loved all of them, if I didn't have 3 open jars in fridge now...

008 Barrels of Crud
183 Bottles of Juice

maggiecain

quality posts: 9 Private Messages maggiecain

Okay, I'm in then! Thanks for the fantastic recommendations from people who've actually tried them!

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7
Tiamat114 wrote:CAPS LOCK

Billy Mays, I thought you had passed away?

maisondemonaco

quality posts: 11 Private Messages maisondemonaco

Hello everybody,

I'am making these preserves, and I'm french 100%. I have been making preserves for 10 years in France and sold my company. I moved to San Francisco to set up a new business.
These are really french inspired because i'm using the same recipes than in France

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

The Blackberry/Poppy is really nice.

Edit: That's the only flavor that overlaps!

harmonious1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages harmonious1
Michaelb3 wrote:French, ugh, no thanks.

Still eating "freedom fries", are you?

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy
mother wrote:The Blackberry/Poppy is really nice. Unfortunately to me lavender is granny soap, so I'm not as fond of the apricot. Third jar is different than last time so can't help there!

Edit: Even so the apricot isn't unpleasant, but the Blackberry/Poppy is *good*

Lavender chocolates are divine, so I don't think I'll have a problem with the apricot one... I think I was just expecting something different from the raspberry one, something brighter. The violet seems to mute the fruit and add something a little off tasting. I'm glad the people getting today will get a different selection! I can't wait to hear how the strawberry one is!

harmonious1

maisondemonaco wrote:Hello everybody,

I'am making these preserves, and I'm french 100%. I have been making preserves for 10 years in France and sold my company. I moved to San Francisco to set up a new business.
These are really french inspired because i'm using the same recipes than in France

These sound delicious. Do you have any serving suggestions? I almost feel like I would be wasting these in a sandwich with peanut butter...

maisondemonaco

quality posts: 11 Private Messages maisondemonaco
harmonious1 wrote:These sound delicious. Do you have any serving suggestions? I almost feel like I would be wasting these in a sandwich with peanut butter...

Just try them with crepes, croissants, ice cream, fromage blanc, yogurts, pancakes....

gephross100

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gephross100

i come to wine woot to buy jams and jellies

give me some god damn alcohol

c u

ChangoSHK

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ChangoSHK

hi everyone

i bought a set of 3 last time and am doing the same now

the flavors themselves are truly great combinations

they are thick-textured, not jelly-like or sugary like most jams and preserves are. i usually eat a spoonful at a time.

well worth the money.

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl

$20 jam? Crazy.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

It is French and food...must be good.

poorhungrydoctor

.... I was gonna pass on this.
But seriously, the guy/gal that made these jams are here and backing up the product? .... sigh..... in for 2.ddd

Oy. My wallet.

maisondemonaco wrote:Hello everybody,

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl
lauragilpin wrote:Honestly, "French inspired"? I can say I've been inspired by Stephen Hawking, doesn't mean I grasp quantum mechanics...

I dont think quantum physicists even understand quantum mechanics, so it's all good.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

cepraines

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cepraines

Got these last time to have with some fancy cheese I also got off Woot, and they are wonderful. Very unusual flavor combos, and my kids love them as well. Only small gripe was the one of the bottles had leaked a little. Wasn't sure if it was shipped this way or if my three year old had managed to open it slightly when we were looking at them. Either way, we still ate it and we're not dead yet.

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114
harmonious1 wrote:These sound delicious. Do you have any serving suggestions? I almost feel like I would be wasting these in a sandwich with peanut butter...

Here are some ideas I thought of the first time ( Previous Woot ) I bought these little jars of joy. Personally I love using these on a cinnamon Belgian waffle with some whipped cream on top (or sometimes a small spoonful straight out of the jar ). Simple things are best after all!

Tiamat114 wrote:I'm glad these came up again, I wanted to buy them when they first appeared on the Woot-off but missed them by a few minutes.

I thought these would be lovely to serve over little mini cheesecakes, or mixed into some vanilla ice cream to give it a pop. Heck, as I sit here I can think of quite a few things you can do with these and have fun experimenting.

Cheese tasting plate (serve on the side and try different cheese + jam combinations)
Cupcake Filling (mix some into whipped cream and fill or leave it as is)
Mix just a touch into your tea instead of sugar
Turn it into a sauce for meats (I wager the peach would go well with pork, and the blackberry would be lovely with venison, someone try it and get back to me I don't eat meat :p )
As crazy as this one sounds, try spreading a thin layer onto a good quality piece of pizza (you might be surprised, I like raspberry on mine occasionally)

Those are some of the more interesting maybe you didn't think of them ones. Now excuse me while I click the gold button.

ChangoSHK

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ChangoSHK

correction to my above: i bought 3 sets of 3 the last time around.

what i didn't realize, though, was that this offering has two different flavors. only the blackberry and poppyseed flower one is repeated. it has the backberry seeds in full force but it's delicious.

i'll miss the astounding peach-lavender from the last offering, but look forward to the new flavors as well.

in for three sets of 3.

whirlygirly

quality posts: 2 Private Messages whirlygirly

Bought these last time they were up and they are so good. There are a couple different flavors in this mix, I can't wait to try the strawberry one!

poorhungrydoctor

What do you mean?
The selections can be changed in the ordering section?
Or you mean that they change from woot-off to woot-off?

ChangoSHK wrote:correction to my above: i bought 3 sets of 3 the last time around.

what i didn't realize, though, was that this offering has two different flavors. only the blackberry and poppyseed flower one is repeated. it has the backberry seeds in full force but it's delicious.

i'll miss the astounding peach-lavender from the last offering, but look forward to the new flavors as well.

in for three sets of 3.

bigshtank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bigshtank

I can't wait to try the Blackberry and Poppy one with a spoon and a lighter.

Michaelb3

who the hell eats Hibiscus? merry.woot

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers
Tiamat114 wrote:AUTO BUY 3!

These are the most amazing preserves I have ever had the pleasure of savoring. I have been wishing and hoping and begging and praying for these to come back. It's sweet but the sweet is just natural, and you CAN ACTUALLY TASTE THE FRUIT!

And don't get me started on the floral aroma, the second you open that jar there are no words to describe the wonderful bouquet that literally just makes you want o breathe it in and savor the flavor before you even eat. Sometimes I just open the jar and breathe it in and that's enough of a fix for me, I can't believe how wonderful these are!

WHY HAVEN'T YOU BOUGHT 3 YET?!

ALL CAPS RAGE!!!!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

knotheadusc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages knotheadusc

We got these last time they were offered. They are all delicious. My favorite is the blackberry.

harmonious1

maisondemonaco wrote:Just try them with crepes, croissants, ice cream, fromage blanc, yogurts, pancakes....

Thank you (and also Tiamat14) for the suggestions. I purchased already but am interested in how long these will keep? Thanks again!