WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Andretti Winery Sample 3 Pack in Gift Box

Speed to First Woot:
9m 43.000s
First Sucker:
deadshot042
Last Wooter to Woot:
rfarq52
Last Purchase:
3 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 48% of Wine Woots
Bottom 39% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 41% of Wine Woots
Top 44% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 9% first woot
  • 5% second woot
  • 22% < 10 woots
  • 23% < 25 woots
  • 41% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 6% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 3% one month old
  • 15% one year old
  • 75% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 82% bought 1
  • 14% bought 2
  • 4% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
16%
12%
10%
3%
7%
8%
10%
7%
10%
7%
6%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting





Quality Posts



Cesare


quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare

Andretti Winery Sample 3 Pack in Gift Box
$49.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCTS:
1 Andretti 2008 Napa Valley Syrah
1 Andretti 2009 Napa Valley Zinfandel
1 Andretti 2008 Napa Valley Sangiovese
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

I reckon this wine will go fast.

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
richardhod wrote:I reckon this wine will go fast.



I see what you did there.

I wonder what flavor profiles the Viognier adds to the syrah. Seems like an interesting combo.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

InShadows


quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows
richardhod wrote:I reckon this wine will go fast.



If I drink this will I inherit the Andretti Curse?

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

michugana


quality posts: 0 Private Messages michugana

Wish I could get this deal for $40 without the gift box included. When it comes to big name wines, I always feel like I'm paying more for the name than the quality. Looking forward to hearing about this wine from anyone who has tried it.

grate88


quality posts: 1 Private Messages grate88
otolith wrote:I see what you did there.

I wonder what flavor profiles the Viognier adds to the syrah. Seems like an interesting combo.



Here's a link to a description of a wine I am familiar with that adds a bit of viognier to the syrah. They claim it gives it a floral bouquet.

http://www.carinacellars.com/product/2007--7-Percent-

jelliott04


quality posts: 9 Private Messages jelliott04

What is the drinking window on these? Now or cellar?

CatherineB


quality posts: 3 Private Messages CatherineB

"The wine gift box: perfect for anyone you might have to buy a gift for."

So they are saying I can give the box as a gift and keep all the wine for little ol'me, right?

lxzndr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages lxzndr

These are $43 per bottle on the winery site!!

http://wineshop.andrettiwinery.com/napa-valley-series-wines-c16.aspx

buy one, get two free.

mattkillpack29


quality posts: 5 Private Messages mattkillpack29

Does anyone know how 2008 was for Napa and more specifically the syrah?

bfweber


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfweber
michugana wrote:When it comes to big name wines, I always feel like I'm paying more for the name than the quality. Looking forward to hearing about this wine from anyone who has tried it.


When I went to Napa last year, I felt the same thing until we stumbled upon Andretti. Loved the Sangiovese and my brother and I split a case; one of the better wines we tasted during the whole trip.

lxzndr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages lxzndr

Are these full size bottles at this discount?

connelly5


quality posts: 10 Private Messages connelly5
jelliott04 wrote:What is the drinking window on these? Now or cellar?



Greetings...Patrick with Andretti, Chief Dishwasher...

Sangiovese aging...good for another year, but at its zenith right now...most excellent for this year's holiday.

Syrah...real nice right now, but evolving positively over the next year...kill it with pleasure by 2013 (classic Calif Syrah)

Zin...big tannins and good in the glass for another 3 years.

Enjoy!

connelly5


quality posts: 10 Private Messages connelly5
lxzndr wrote:Are these full size bottles at this discount?



Full...as in 750ml...yup!

-Patrick w/Andretti Winery

klezman


quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
otolith wrote:I see what you did there.

I wonder what flavor profiles the Viognier adds to the syrah. Seems like an interesting combo.



That's becoming a fairly standard combo. Cote Rotie does it, El Jefe makes Sir Ron Yeah, and a bunch of other CA and Aus wineries do it, and even the newest Cyberpub Blend is doing it. The Viognier tends to add a floral aroma to it while also helping deepen the pigment of the wine through co-pigmentation (assuming it's co-fermented with the Syrah).

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

connelly5


quality posts: 10 Private Messages connelly5
bfweber wrote:When I went to Napa last year, I felt the same thing until we stumbled upon Andretti. Loved the Sangiovese and my brother and I split a case; one of the better wines we tasted during the whole trip.



Thanks so much for visiting us...we LOVE when you come to the winery! Hospitality is woven into the fabric of who we be...thanks for enjoying our wines!

connelly5


quality posts: 10 Private Messages connelly5
klezman wrote:That's becoming a fairly standard combo. Cote Rotie does it, El Jefe makes Sir Ron Yeah, and a bunch of other CA and Aus wineries do it, and even the newest Cyberpub Blend is doing it. The Viognier tends to add a floral aroma to it while also helping deepen the pigment of the wine through co-pigmentation (assuming it's co-fermented with the Syrah).



'for this vintage, we blended post ferm...but have co-fermented the varieties in the past. reckon it was a winemaker whimsy decision for this vintage, but it paid off similar to the co-ferms we've done in the past.

well said and couldn't have put it better myself describing the harmony of the variety blend...

-Patrick w/Andretti

connelly5


quality posts: 10 Private Messages connelly5
InShadows wrote:If I drink this will I inherit the Andretti Curse?



No...just the right amount, the right plate(s) of food, the right person by your side...your night will be divine. Too much...sure, you're morning may be cursed...but nothing to do with racing ;-)

Best fortune to you,

-Patrick w/Andretti

connelly5


quality posts: 10 Private Messages connelly5
CatherineB wrote:"The wine gift box: perfect for anyone you might have to buy a gift for."

So they are saying I can give the box as a gift and keep all the wine for little ol'me, right?



...but of course, but may want to put something (olive oil?) in the box to give it some weight.

enjoy the wine...and may your friend enjoy the box :-)!

jvanasco


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jvanasco

i never saw this shop before, but a quick search shoes a bunch of the andretti wines -- no vintage shown -- in the $10-20 range.

ie, a non-vintage -- but "napa valley" branded sangiovese is $12 http://www.elephantwine.com/andretti-sangiovese-napa-valley-750ml.html

this could be a super-sketchy store, i have no idea. there were a few options on wine-searcher in the $25range.

lxzndr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages lxzndr
jvanasco wrote:i never saw this shop before, but a quick search shoes a bunch of the andretti wines -- no vintage shown -- in the $10-20 range.

ie, a non-vintage -- but "napa valley" branded sangiovese is $12 http://www.elephantwine.com/andretti-sangiovese-napa-valley-750ml.html

this could be a super-sketchy store, i have no idea. there were a few options on wine-searcher in the $25range.



I would question it since that certainly isn't the correct picture.
I wonder is someone mislabelled the sauvignon as sangiovese? the sauvignon blanc at the winery site is $11.

kristina80


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristina80
lxzndr wrote:I would question it since that certainly isn't the correct picture.
I wonder is someone mislabelled the sauvignon as sangiovese? the sauvignon blanc at the winery site is $11.



Not only is it the wrong picture but the description is for the Merlot... I wouldn't trust that site at all personally.

Also hi, first post :P

connelly5


quality posts: 10 Private Messages connelly5
jvanasco wrote:i never saw this shop before, but a quick search shoes a bunch of the andretti wines -- no vintage shown -- in the $10-20 range.

ie, a non-vintage -- but "napa valley" branded sangiovese is $12 http://www.elephantwine.com/andretti-sangiovese-napa-valley-750ml.html

this could be a super-sketchy store, i have no idea. there were a few options on wine-searcher in the $25range.



I ordered a bottle of the Sangio from this elephant site to see what happens...maybe I'll get a bottle of Budweiser (in a can preferred)? Really though, have no idea where the seller came by the wine (assuming they have it), but it must be very "libary'd"...our inventories are truly limited and we try to prevent 'older' wines like the Sang/others on this elephant site from ever arising. If we have to...we buy 'em and drink 'em ourselves;-).

-Patrick w/Andretti

connelly5


quality posts: 10 Private Messages connelly5
kristina80 wrote:Not only is it the wrong picture but the description is for the Merlot... I wouldn't trust that site at all personally.

Also hi, first post :P



how-dee :-)

-Patrick w/Andretti

richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
jvanasco wrote:i never saw this shop before, but a quick search shoes a bunch of the andretti wines -- no vintage shown -- in the $10-20 range.

ie, a non-vintage -- but "napa valley" branded sangiovese is $12 http://www.elephantwine.com/andretti-sangiovese-napa-valley-750ml.html

this could be a super-sketchy store, i have no idea. there were a few options on wine-searcher in the $25range.



If you search in the "New Deals on Other Wine and Accessories" thread (or its predecessor) under "world of woot wine" tab, you'll find Andretti has in the past discounted its old wines very heavily, with cases for well under $100. Not sure if older vintages of these are in it (I remember a Riesling), but we may have some reviews from wooters who bought and have tried them. Feel free if you like to find them and poke them

Corrado


quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

I don't have any first hand experience with these exact wines, but we visited Andretti in 2008 and liked what we had in the tasting room and brought home a bottle of the Sangiovese. I wouldn't put it in the same market as other Celebrity Wines; more along the lines of Fess Parker -- someone famous who wanted to make good wine vs. someone famous who had enough money to play around with it.

On an unrelated note, I miss the original wooden gift boxes!

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado
**********************


It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

connelly5


quality posts: 10 Private Messages connelly5
Corrado wrote:I don't have any first hand experience with these exact wines, but we visited Andretti in 2008 and liked what we had in the tasting room and brought home a bottle of the Sangiovese. I wouldn't put it in the same market as other Celebrity Wines; more along the lines of Fess Parker -- someone famous who wanted to make good wine vs. someone famous who had enough money to play around with it.

On an unrelated note, I miss the original wooden gift boxes!



Love the comment my friend...thanks for them and thanks also for visiting the winery. I'm going to forward your comment to Mario as I KNOW it will make him smile! Please come see us again...we got d'wood boxes in our Tasting Room :-)!

richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
connelly5 wrote:No...just the right amount, the right plate(s) of food, the right person by your side...your night will be divine. Too much...sure, you're morning may be cursed...but nothing to do with racing ;-)

Best fortune to you,

-Patrick w/Andretti



Great to hear from you guys.
Do you have any TA / pH data, and / or Brix at harvest. And how do they drink on their own, or with food?

thanks!

connelly5


quality posts: 10 Private Messages connelly5

Burnt orange outside my office veranda this morning...not just the stunning vineyards evolving through the fog to their seasonal tapestry of fiery colors, but also this nice lady walking through the Villa with a striking burnt orange sport coat...she wears it well!

-Patrick w/Andretti

kristina80


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristina80

urrrm... not exactly complaining or trying to cause a scene but why exactly was my last post deleted? It's not a huge deal but it just seems odd as I was just taking part in the conversation and did not say anything rude... :/

scott0210


quality posts: 6 Private Messages scott0210
connelly5 wrote:Burnt orange outside my office veranda this morning...not just the stunning vineyards evolving through the fog to their seasonal tapestry of fiery colors, but also this nice lady walking through the Villa with a striking burnt orange sport coat...she wears it well!

-Patrick w/Andretti



Same here. Well, there was no veranda... or vineyard. And the lady wasn't very nice but she was strolling. More like through a parking lot though, not a villa. The orange coat wasn't so much striking as it was ugly. Probably a Browns coat. But damn she wore it well.

bobrush12866


quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

Patrick:

The winery website indicates that the estate vineyards are comprised of the following varietals

Chardonnay 6 acres
Merlot 13 acres
Pinot Grigio 12 acres
Sauvignon Blanc. 11 acres

No Syrah, No Sangiovese, No Zinfandel.

Where are the grapes for these wines sourced from?

jvanasco


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jvanasco
lxzndr wrote:I would question it since that certainly isn't the correct picture.
I wonder is someone mislabelled the sauvignon as sangiovese? the sauvignon blanc at the winery site is $11.



They have a handful of Andretti wines, and are using the same "white" photo for all the whites and reds.

connelly5


quality posts: 10 Private Messages connelly5
bobrush12866 wrote:Patrick:

The winery website indicates that the estate vineyards are comprised of the following varietals

Chardonnay 6 acres
Merlot 13 acres
Pinot Grigio 12 acres
Sauvignon Blanc. 11 acres

No Syrah, No Sangiovese, No Zinfandel.

Where are the grapes for these wines sourced from?



Hey Bob,
Correct re the Estate vineyards. For some of our wines, we have long-term partnerships with outside growers (very common of course). I grew up in the NV on a ranch in which we grew 2 things...cattle and Cabernet Sauv...other than the small amount of wine we made for our table, we sold our fruit to a winery for years.

Best is when a winery can arrange long-term deals with growers (we call friends)such that we control cultural practices and for contracts exceeding 3 years, claim proper Estate status.

connelly5


quality posts: 10 Private Messages connelly5
scott0210 wrote:Same here. Well, there was no veranda... or vineyard. And the lady wasn't very nice but she was strolling. More like through a parking lot though, not a villa. The orange coat wasn't so much striking as it was ugly. Probably a Browns coat. But damn she wore it well.



Hilarious Scott...maybe a different burnt orange lady! Ah...the colors of life!

My (nice) lady did leave our Tasting Room with a 6-pack of wine so we love her all the more!

connelly5


quality posts: 10 Private Messages connelly5
richardhod wrote:Great to hear from you guys.
Do you have any TA / pH data, and / or Brix at harvest. And how do they drink on their own, or with food?

thanks!



Greetings un otra vec Richard,
08 Sangiovese
ph 3.45
ta 6.4 g/l
brix 26.2 (at harvest) crazy high but yum!

08 Syrah
ph 3.6
ta 5.5 g/l
brix 24.7

09 Zinfandel
ph 3.72
ta 5.2
brix 25.8

Thanks for the interest...come see us at the winery anytime!

Best,

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I would love to try it, but as I don't see any true "rave" reviews or must buys from fellow wooters, I will have to pass. I spent $160 on 12 bottles yesterday and need to save some budget and space for any good gift week surprises and hopefully a woot-off.

I didn't check out the winery website to see if it has distribution information or any other places the wines are available, but maybe Patrick can answer one quick question for me. Is there any place in NW Ohio where I would be able to pick up a bottle or would I need to get one direct from the winery?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

Winedavid39


quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

connelly5 wrote:Greetings...Patrick with Andretti, Chief Dishwasher...

Sangiovese aging...good for another year, but at its zenith right now...most excellent for this year's holiday.

Syrah...real nice right now, but evolving positively over the next year...kill it with pleasure by 2013 (classic Calif Syrah)

Zin...big tannins and good in the glass for another 3 years.

Enjoy!




Thanks for Jumping in Patrick. by the way, Patrick has had quite the body of work in the wine industry folks. Mondavi, Jess Jackson among others. hand picked by Mario. Great to have him on board.

connelly5


quality posts: 10 Private Messages connelly5
North316 wrote:I would love to try it, but as I don't see any true "rave" reviews or must buys from fellow wooters, I will have to pass. I spent $160 on 12 bottles yesterday and need to save some budget and space for any good gift week surprises and hopefully a woot-off.

I didn't check out the winery website to see if it has distribution information or any other places the wines are available, but maybe Patrick can answer one quick question for me. Is there any place in NW Ohio where I would be able to pick up a bottle or would I need to get one direct from the winery?



Hi,
Thanks so much for considering us :-).
We're a small winery (in terms of production size), so distribution is not enormous...but we do sell some wine to your beautiful state of Ohio through Solera imports. I'll check for specific retail shops...will advise when I find. Feel free to reach me at patrick@andrettiwinery.com to keep in touch as well. Would love the chance to turn you into a woot raver on our behalf!

Best,

-Patrick w/Andretti