bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Cyber Monday is going to put a mark on my credit card.

This is my first Ty, but not my first Woot Cellars! I'm so swimming in wine, but it just doesn't seem right to only get six

publicart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages publicart

First purchase from wine.woot! I've been waiting for a good "must buy" wine after missing the Sextant.

dkralston

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dkralston

I have bought the Woot Cellars holiday offering every year with no hesitation! Great stuff, and I give it (mostly) all away as they make the best gifts!

Elegant. Complex. Distinctive.
You are what you drink!

szecsei

quality posts: 9 Private Messages szecsei

i just opened a bottle of the racchus that i bought on a previous woot. it was an ok bottle of wine (both my son and i agreed on that description...and i have definitely tasted worse!). granted, we just finished a holiday treat of dobbes, williams selyem, and rafanelli wines...so our palates were somewhat spoiled. i'm on the fence, since i still have 3 bottles of the racchus...but $11 is an ok price for an ok bottle of wine. i'll have to sleep on this one.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
Sirwootsalot wrote:I'm already having buyers remorse... I only bought one!

Ty + Woot Cellers... What was I thinking!?!

Contact support! They will be more than happy to take more of your money :3

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

I got my black square with a woot cellars wine by Ty Caton! And used my birthday coupon to boot. I can't think of a better purchase to mark the milestone. Here's to the next 100!

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

Unclesally

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Unclesally

Snooze and loose.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
richardhod wrote:It's a very similar blend as mentioned above, and the same year. And the inexpensive end of Ty's stuff seems to drink nice and young! So I reckon this may be a pop, decant and drink!

As it happens I've been cellaring the D'Ontspille. Is this an error?

The D'Ontspille is drinking very well now. I've had two bottles recently. Very enjoyable, and CT notes from people I know agree completely. So try a bottle is my advice.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
richardhod wrote:

As it happens I've been cellaring the D'Ontspille. Is this an error?

IMHO, the D'Onstpille is drinking fine right now. In fact, all of mine are gone

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman

Woot Cellars + Ty + good acid + birthday coupon = in for one! Or is that two? Hmmm...

It's probably about time to start working on last year's Woot Cellars offering too.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MalcolmPX

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MalcolmPX

Woot Cellars 2009 Blitzen - 6 Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: CowboyDann
Speed to first woot: 0m 39.837s
Last wooter to woot: MalcolmPX

My minute of fame! I needed an easy-drinker and I'm sure Ty has given me one for Xmas!

MPX

Bringing about an all wine.woot black square by any means necessary.--MalcolmPX

Betty Shirazz? Yeah, I think I know her.

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
wordek wrote:Pretty much no hesitation here. In for one!:-)

For those poo-pooing the merlot I expect the young PS in the blend will help to balance everything out. Shipping to the family in NH vs MD because this is something that is meant to be shared!

Anyone pooh-poohing the Merlot must not know Merlot. Or at least not the good ones (like Ty's, or Luna's, or Pomerol).

Everything in the mix is there for a reason and will play a part in making the blend the no-doubt great blend that it it is.

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen

Ty for $10 (more or less) a bottle. Are you serious?!? In for 3.

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

ty, cybermonday, woot label... sorry credit card...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

s11018

quality posts: 0 Private Messages s11018

Don't forget "TAXSUCKS" in NY :-)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of November 27th.

Visit our Wine.Woot Event Calendar on Google Calendar!

January
TBD: Buffalo/WNY #8: Ice Wines
TBD: Seattle #?: Happy Hour(s)

May
5/19(?): CyberPub Cellars 2011 Rogue Rhone Bottling

Pending
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab!

So join or create a WW Gathering!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
iByron wrote:Anyone pooh-poohing the Merlot must not know Merlot. Or at least not the good ones (like Ty's, or Luna's, or Pomerol).

Everything in the mix is there for a reason and will play a part in making the blend the no-doubt great blend that it it is.

iByron

Oddly enough I really don't like Ty's Merlots but I found the racchus 08 great fun and best QPR!

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

In for one because it's a Woot Cellars wine. Doubly pleased it's by Ty Caton.

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

joeman123

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joeman123

Now we see that Christmas season has truly begun.

Ty wines are an autobuy. Ten dollar Ty wines from woot are max autobuy. In for three!!!

I just had some of the Ty Caron red the other day and it was spectulsr after sitting for a while in my cellar. I don't mind waiting a year for these if that's what it takes.

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

I am psyched to give this as go! It's been a while since I've wine wooted

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

Merlynxlii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Merlynxlii

In for two. Would have gone for three but I am already +40 bottles over cellar capacity... Need to drink more! :p

SneezyKevinA

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SneezyKevinA
redwinefan wrote:IMHO, the D'Onstpille is drinking fine right now. In fact, all of mine are gone

I haven't touched D'Onstpille in 6 months. I'll have to open 1 this week to see how it is now.

I'm in for 2!

fausto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fausto

I got 2007s Humbug, 2008s Emergency Holiday Provisions, 2009s Adequate Gift Set, but I seem to have missed out on whatever 2010s holiday offering was... no way am I missing out this year -- in for 2!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Any of the MN people want to split an order?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

squirtbc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages squirtbc

happy birthday to me! thanks for the heads up on the NY TAXSUCKS gift!

H12, Kunde. Rasmussen,highway 12, FCC reserve,castoro,wellington, castoro woot off,

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7
fausto wrote:I got 2007s Humbug, 2008s Emergency Holiday Provisions, 2009s Adequate Gift Set, but I seem to have missed out on whatever 2010s holiday offering was... no way am I missing out this year -- in for 2!

You missed 'Twas (Cabernet Sauvignon/Barbera from L&L) which I liked much much better than the Adequate, but not as much as the EHP and Humbug. Humbug has been my favorite, but I have a strong feeling this will beat the previous ones for my tastes.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

oto - I'll split with you. My cellar is overstuffed, but I can't pass up a woot cellars.

Order away, and I'll pick my half up next time I see you.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

Brandyberry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Brandyberry

What a way to start my day!

First sucker: CowboyDann
Speed to first woot: 0m 39.837s
Last wooter to woot: Brandyberry

In for 3!

inkwench

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkwench

You're taunting me now, right, Woot?

My wine rack is over-stuffed. I have no money. BUT! Love Ty's wines. Love Woot Cellar wines.

It's too damn early in the morning to cry.

In inverse and not complete order. Rinfrescante. Pepper Bridge. Saxon Brown. Monkey Prize. Vina Robles. Ty Caton Tytanium (always!). Roshambo. Polyphemus. Donati Family. Poizon. Montinore. Kent Rasumussen. Mumm Napa. Boss Monster. Iron Horse. Albino Rhino. White Zeppelin, Buttonwood Farm, 8-Bit, Ty Caton Racchus, Twas!

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

I'll most likely be buying 18 when I get into the office later, so if anyone out here misses out (or only wants a few), I'll be willing to split. Cat will most likely be getting a few from my order, some I'll be selling to my mom since she needs some $10 wines to add to her cellar, and the rest....well, the rest will be mine....ALLLLLL MINE!!!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ksieczka

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ksieczka

Too good to pass up. I'm in for 2. Hope Santa brings that decanter and wine refrig I had on my list...

I enjoyed the Racchus and this Blitzen blend sounds good. As long as it is on the drier side, I will be a happy gal!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
coynedj wrote:oto - I'll split with you. My cellar is overstuffed, but I can't pass up a woot cellars.

Order away, and I'll pick my half up next time I see you.

Got it!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

southcutt

quality posts: 14 Private Messages southcutt
richardhod wrote:As it happens I've been cellaring the D'Ontspille. Is this an error?

My wife opened our first bottle a few weeks ago and we were blown away. (And our "cellar" is just an open rack in one of the less-hot rooms of our Central Texas home.)

Hiker_jay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Hiker_jay

In for twelve. I would love to be a holiday rat for this.
Woot Cellars can't be beat!

harmonious1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages harmonious1

I can describe this offering in 2 words: HELL YEAH!

mblorenz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mblorenz

I was not overly thrilled with the Twas last year, probably influenced by the fact that DH did not like it) but I am in for one!

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
conroo wrote:In for one because it's a Woot Cellars wine. Doubly pleased it's by Ty Caton.

Yep! In for 5!!!

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

In for 1, would be more if I had the space. My wife and I absolutely loved the Raccus Red and this appears to almost mirror it.

Anyone have a good estimate on what the actual drinking window is on this? Some say it's drinkable now (everything is to me!) but how long can it be held too? I'm guessing I will drink most of it over the holidays, but might hold on to a bottle or two for a bit if it will age well.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

skoz50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skoz50

In for 2. $10 a bottle is a hard deal to pass up.

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo
mblorenz wrote:I was not overly thrilled with the Twas last year, probably influenced by the fact that DH did not like it) but I am in for one!

We just opened a Twas over Thanksgiving, and didn't let it breathe long enough. What a difference 30-45 minutes made. Amateur wine drinker I am, it went from scrunched face to smooth taste.