kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
yorknh wrote:That's good to hear. I'm still waiting on mine. I tried something new with Fedex for that shipment and I need to see if it works before I order any more wine. It's that uncertainty that's the only thing keeping me from going in on this offer.

What did you try? Backwards cowboy?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
rxmurphy wrote:Sorry, off topic, but how does one acquire/earn the "coupons"?
Oh, and in for one!

You get a $4.98 birthday coupon in September (your woot birthday month). The other coupons are from participating on deals.woot! They seem to range from $5-$20.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh
kylemittskus wrote:What did you try? Backwards cowboy?

Well since I don't swing that way, I'll read that as reverse cowgirl. :p

Since their shipping system has a glaring problem, I can't redirect the shipment once it's left the point of origin. For the shipping address I used my name, but used the FedEx Office address that is closest to me. I was told it should work, but I haven't been overwhelmed by the veracity of what I've been told by FedEx employees to this point.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi
yorknh wrote:That's good to hear. I'm still waiting on mine. I tried something new with Fedex for that shipment and I need to see if it works before I order any more wine. It's that uncertainty that's the only thing keeping me from going in on this offer.

received mine on Wednesday, your love it

fredrinaldi

yorknh wrote:Well since I don't swing that way, I'll read that as reverse cowgirl. :p

Since their shipping system has a glaring problem, I can't redirect the shipment once it's left the point of origin. For the shipping address I used my name, but used the FedEx Office address that is closest to me. I was told it should work, but I haven't been overwhelmed by the veracity of what I've been told by FedEx employees to this point.

I used to redirect all the time, once the wine is shipped, you should be able to "Hold for pickup" at the closest fedex office. Even if it's out for delivery, it will be in the fedex office the next day.
good luck

jbfowlertx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jbfowlertx

Where did the bouncing go and why was "last call" tweeted when it doesn't appear to be the last call? I bought a 6-pack so I wouldn't miss it even though I was hoping to hear some rattage. Did woot swindle me into buying quicker?

Yo MaMa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Yo MaMa

Supplies are low...in for 2. Time to pound some grape!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jbfowlertx wrote:Where did the bouncing go and why was "last call" tweeted when it doesn't appear to be the last call? I bought a 6-pack so I wouldn't miss it even though I was hoping to hear some rattage. Did woot swindle me into buying quicker?

Sounds like a glitch, sorry!

I'm just hanging out, really.

scantar

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scantar

sigh...I'm a sucker for a Cab

one less 6er available for the rest of you bums.

ryall12

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryall12
mkorona wrote:They're ten min down the road from me, my hope is to pop into their tasting room at lunch and see if I can try some and hope it doesn't sell out before then if I want to buy!

If I do get to try I will post any notes here if we don't get any labrats.

Did you happen to make it to the tasting room? Any other tasting notes out there? Itching to go for it....

fredrinaldi

Yo MaMa wrote:Supplies are low...in for 2. Time to pound some grape!

How do you tell supplies are getting low?

rjquillin

quality posts: 169 Private Messages rjquillin
fredrinaldi wrote:How do you tell supplies are getting low?

Bouncy-bouncy ball or the wootalyzer.

CT

chatsextant

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chatsextant
ryall12 wrote:Did you happen to make it to the tasting room? Any other tasting notes out there? Itching to go for it....

Tasting Notes: Underscored by its Central Coast provenance, there’s harmony among the refined elements of this wine. An alluring bouquet of roses on the nose matches its vibrant red hue. There’s sumptuous fruit on the palate, a lively intersection of ripe summer plums, black currants, and succulent figs. Notes of pepper and espresso join the profile as well. Textured in velvety tannins, the finish is smooth and interwoven with mellow tinges of oak. The 2009 Central Coast Cabernet Sauvignon is reminiscent of left-bank Bordeaux opulence while imbued in its own Californian elegance.

Cheers!

chatsextant

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chatsextant

Hope everyone enjoys the cab! We would love to hear feedback. Until next time wooters!!!!

swantner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swantner
wrobels wrote:NM is not on the list. I have never seen New Mexico excluded. Is this a mistake????

I was confused by this too. We, New Mexico, has always been listed. In fact, I bought some wine during this week's woot-off.

So what gives?

gnomage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnomage
swantner wrote:I was confused by this too. We, New Mexico, has always been listed. In fact, I bought some wine during this week's woot-off.

So what gives?

From what I understand, each winery has to apply for a license to sell directly to consumers in a specific state. So if a winery wants to sell to all American consumers directly, they'd have to apply 50 (51 counting Puerto Rico) times, one for each state.

fredrinaldi

be happy you don't live in Utah, their hardly ever on the list

greyday

quality posts: 51 Private Messages greyday
gnomage wrote:From what I understand, each winery has to apply for a license to sell directly to consumers in a specific state. So if a winery wants to sell to all American consumers directly, they'd have to apply 50 (51 counting Puerto Rico) times, one for each state.

Way to forget Guam, gnomage.

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
chatsextant wrote:What state?

rachelc258

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachelc258

I'm very tempted.... but unfortunately, my folks are off on a weekend away and I don't want to interrupt it for wine advice. (They're both my go-to experts. Especially my dad, who has been in the business forever.)

Eastcoastmary

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eastcoastmary

quite a wine woot week. It was nice to see a few favorites during the woot off. I thoroughly enjoyed the Sextant Zin so hoping to like the Cab as much. It will be good to have around for the xmas holidays.
I'm patiently waiting for the bubbly offers, can I expect anytime soon?

Eastcoastmary

what is the latest rules for Rattage? I use to understand the process but I'm a bit lost these days. Are you eligible if you purchase the Monday offering only?

Eastcoastmary

rachelc258 wrote:I'm very tempted.... but unfortunately, my folks are off on a weekend away and I don't want to interrupt it for wine advice. (They're both my go-to experts. Especially my dad, who has been in the business forever.)

Take a chance...

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh
fredrinaldi wrote:I used to redirect all the time, once the wine is shipped, you should be able to "Hold for pickup" at the closest fedex office. Even if it's out for delivery, it will be in the fedex office the next day.
good luck

Contratulations, you're about the 50th person to tell me I can do that. I can't. I can show you a list of emails that prove it.

I know you were trying to be helpful, but every time someone tells me I can do that, it's like salt in a wound.

ryall12

Eastcoastmary wrote:Take a chance...

Okay... is it a good or bad idea to woot on wine? Either way I'm in, but only for 6. Guess I will pay the extra .40 cents/bottle to not take a case due to low amount of reviews.

Bottom line - mmmm wine

Daynja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Daynja
yorknh wrote:Contratulations, you're about the 50th person to tell me I can do that. I can't. I can show you a list of emails that prove it.

I know you were trying to be helpful, but every time someone tells me I can do that, it's like salt in a wound.

Hold at Fedex location has never been available for any of my wine.woot shipments. I'm going to try shipping it to a Fedex office location this time.

Eastcoastmary

ryall12 wrote:Okay... is it a good or bad idea to woot on wine? Either way I'm in, but only for 6. Guess I will pay the extra .40 cents/bottle to not take a case due to low amount of reviews.

Bottom line - mmmm wine

you'll probably be happy with your purchase, if not then re-gift

ryall12

Eastcoastmary wrote:you'll probably be happy with your purchase, if not then re-gift

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: rebneff
Speed to first woot: 7m 41.360s
Last wooter to woot: ryall12

Finally caught the sales page, woohoo! And yes good call, holidays are coming. Though based on recent delivery times very low chance this makes it a month, then again we did just have a woot off which speaking of was it me or were there no discounts? Either way looking forward to this one and all the wine on the way over the next week or so!

andrewshead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewshead

soo... its been 10 days, and mine hasn't shipped. Anyone else in my boat?

fourhooves

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fourhooves

How long does it normally take for them to ship? I am excited about getting my order, it's my first wine woot! I was hoping it might get here before Thanks Giving...

guljor94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guljor94
andrewshead wrote:soo... its been 10 days, and mine hasn't shipped. Anyone else in my boat?

Still no shipping for me, either. No chance of delivery by T-day now, I'm guessing.

globewalker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages globewalker

No shipment here, either... and no tracking email received yet...

mythosww

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mythosww

Must be "interminable shipping delays." Hope the turkey is juicey this year.

guljor94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guljor94

woohoo! arrived today after shipping just on Monday. woot woot

Tassadar2k03

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tassadar2k03

Has any tried this yet? I find it very fizzy... is that normal?

tampascl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tampascl
Tassadar2k03 wrote:Has any tried this yet? I find it very fizzy... is that normal?

I was trying to come up with a description before I read yours. "Fizzy" is a good word to describe it. I tasted this for the first time yesterday and had to re-check the bottle to make sure it was a Cabernet. To me it tastes like something is wrong with this cab. I was going to describe it as a sparkling wine without the bubbles! Had a half bottle left over today, which I tried again, to see if anything changed after a day..but no luck. Still "fizzy."

thommygun48

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thommygun48

I opened my first bottle today, and its also fizzy tasting. Popped the others, same taste. Looks like they bottled it to soon. Well sorry Sextant, I'm getting my money back.