WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Blue Nomad Wine Company Mixed Red - 6 Pack

Speed to First Woot:
4m 11.000s
First Sucker:
hudsonsm
Last Wooter to Woot:
mikeebridges
Last Purchase:
3 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 40% of Wine Woots
Bottom 42% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 13% of Wine Woots
Top 22% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 4% first woot
  • 2% second woot
  • 21% < 10 woots
  • 23% < 25 woots
  • 50% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 2% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 15% one year old
  • 81% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 82% bought 1
  • 18% bought 2

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

1%
1%
1%
1%
1%
1%
4%
7%
9%
7%
10%
7%
8%
9%
4%
2%
4%
5%
3%
4%
3%
5%
3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting





Quality Posts



Cesare


quality posts: 1560 Private Messages Cesare

Blue Nomad Wine Company Mixed Red - 6 Pack
$69.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCTS:
3 Swami 2009 Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast
3 Rockus Bockus 2007 Proprietary Red Blend
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cclemone


quality posts: 4 Private Messages cclemone

I like the artwork on this. I'm a bit of a "beer snob" so I'm used to seeing more colorful and unique labels, while wine typically follows a conservative and traditional look. I can appreciate the reason to use a more traditional look, but I'd much rather see some artists being able to express their abilities as well.

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Wow that's colorful!

But is it any good?

With a pedigree of Gundlach Bundschu behind it, odds are looking positive

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

OK, this is cool, the Pinot label glows in the dark:





cclemone


quality posts: 4 Private Messages cclemone
bsevern wrote:OK, this is cool, the Pinot label glows in the dark:



Shame on woot... That is absolutely a feature and it is not listed in the description.

That alone is almost enough to get me to buy this...

imcooliswear


quality posts: 3 Private Messages imcooliswear

That is a pretty interesting label. It glows in the dark AND shows a different image with a back light! They describe the process of creating their label here.

Pretty cool stuff but hows the wine? I couldn't find anything useful on CT.

richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
imcooliswear wrote:That is a pretty interesting label. It glows in the dark AND shows a different image with a back light! They describe the process of creating their label here.

Pretty cool stuff but hows the wine? I couldn't find anything useful on CT.



indeed! I, er... wander if it's any good.

ssueiro


quality posts: 23 Private Messages ssueiro

Hi all, Susan from Blue Nomad & Gundlach Bundschu checking in.

As a self-appointed lab rat, I've been 'checking in' on these wines regularly since they were bottled, and I assure you, they're really good, and drinking very well right now, no patience required. You won't find much info on them anywhere online because they are pretty much brand new-Rockus Bockus is only distributed in a handful of states, most launched within the past six months. And the Swami is a brand-spanking new release.

But don't let the fact that few people have seen or tasted these wines yet deter you from quick action - these wines are delicious, and I can say with confidence this deal is the best QPR you've ever seen of Jeff's wines on woot. Yep, even better than *that* one, and by a mile.

What else do you need to know?

dawgdave99


quality posts: 6 Private Messages dawgdave99
ssueiro wrote:Hi all, Susan from Blue Nomad & Gundlach Bundschu checking in.

As a self-appointed lab rat, I've been 'checking in' on these wines regularly since they were bottled, and I assure you, they're really good, and drinking very well right now, no patience required. You won't find much info on them anywhere online because they are pretty much brand new-Rockus Bockus is only distributed in a handful of states, most launched within the past six months. And the Swami is a brand-spanking new release.

But don't let the fact that few people have seen or tasted these wines yet deter you from quick action - these wines are delicious, and I can say with confidence this deal is the best QPR you've ever seen of Jeff's wines on woot. Yep, even better than *that* one, and by a mile.

What else do you need to know?



That was enough for me.

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: hudsonsm
Speed to first woot: 4m 11.250s
Last wooter to woot: dawgdave99

Between the Gundlach Bundschu pedigree, your comments and the sheer awesomeness of the labels, I had to push the big orange button!

gwhIV


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwhIV

Enough for me too. In for 2.

Synos10


quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10

What is the relation of these wines to Gundlach Bundschu? I'm a big fan of GB wines.

EDIT: I had seen the commentary above, regarding Jeff Bundschu starting this winery. Is it still under the label of GB or is it distinct? Just looking for some color!

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cclemone wrote:I like the artwork on this. I'm a bit of a "beer snob" so I'm used to seeing more colorful and unique labels, while wine typically follows a conservative and traditional look. I can appreciate the reason to use a more traditional look, but I'd much rather see some artists being able to express their abilities as well.

I know what you mean, but the winemakers have to get their labels passed by individual state regulators. Scott Harvey can't sell InZinerator in North Carolina, ostensibly because the regulators thought the "label would make it appeal to underage drinkers." Interesting that these labels made the grade in NC.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

CatherineB


quality posts: 3 Private Messages CatherineB

*WOOT* In for one; how can you resiste a label like that?

My self-imposed hiatus from wine woot is over.

desiboy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages desiboy

I'm sad that I can't find much info on this, but I think I might be in for 1. I love red blends, so the Rockus is really catching my eye.

EDIT: went in for one, excited about this one

sulakdd


quality posts: 12 Private Messages sulakdd
baconsizzle121 wrote:Wow, I didn't expect wine woot to have this! I have been drinking this for a few years now, and I love it. In for 3!



Yet you have 0 woots. And then there's this:

ssueiro wrote:Hi all, Susan from Blue Nomad & Gundlach Bundschu checking in.
. . . they are pretty much brand new-Rockus Bockus is only distributed in a handful of states, most launched within the past six months. And the Swami is a brand-spanking new release.

scott0210


quality posts: 6 Private Messages scott0210
Synos10 wrote:What is the relation of these wines to Gundlach Bundschu? I'm a big fan of GB wines.



You're getting lazy Read the "Winery Details" on the front page.

cortot20


quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
baconsizzle121 wrote:Wow, I didn't expect wine woot to have this! I have been drinking this for a few years now, and I love it. In for 3!



your square is still white.

CT

confusedemmy


quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy
ssueiro wrote:Hi all, Susan from Blue Nomad & Gundlach Bundschu checking in.
[snip]... this deal is the best QPR you've ever seen of Jeff's wines on woot. Yep, even better than *that* one, and by a mile.

What else do you need to know?



Hmmm. What is *that* one? Anybody help me out?

joeuns77


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeuns77

Good way to start off a new month with everyday drinking wine. I might have to give up smoking to pay for all the wine I'll end up buying here. I have to drink up the wine fast as I have no way to store them correctly. Thanks for the great deal.

mrshoestore


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrshoestore

My first wine.woot... I felt the need to share

bchrist825


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bchrist825
cortot20 wrote:your square is still white.



thanks for filling me in on the squares to the left....
I have nothing to say other than to see what color my square is.....

PS You are correct! A virgin should not be offering opinions like that!

bchrist825


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bchrist825
bchrist825 wrote:thanks for filling me in on the squares to the left....
I have nothing to say other than to see what color my square is.....

PS You are correct! A virgin should not be offering opinions like that!



WHOA! Just saw results!

First time in my life.....I am Black!

bchrist825


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bchrist825
bchrist825 wrote:WHOA! Just saw results!

First time in my life.....I am Black!



and YES..."Better than everyone else!!"

TNWooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TNWooter

I have to admit that I will have to rearrange my wine rack to get these gorgeous labels within eyesight. The downside is they probably won't be there very long, hopefully can bring some holiday cheer!

In for two in Tennessee! :-))

yorknh


quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh

I've been waiting for a value-priced drink now 6-pack. The blend sounds like something my wife will particularly enjoy. I like the labels too. Now if the shipping will just work right, I'll be a happy camper.

tjhoulihan


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjhoulihan
baconsizzle121 wrote:Wow, I didn't expect wine woot to have this! I have been drinking this for a few years now, and I love it. In for 3!



Normally the Bundschu name is enough to get me to hit that button. But 9 hours later and there have been a total of 0 Wooters purchasing "3". If its as good as all the other stuff made by Bundschu, why the shill? It makes me wonder if maybe this isn't as good as the Bundschu name would imply... Now I'm on the fence.

rxmurphy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rxmurphy

The winemaker's music is excellent; perhaps the wine is as well?

ssueiro


quality posts: 23 Private Messages ssueiro
tjhoulihan wrote:Normally the Bundschu name is enough to get me to hit that button. But 9 hours later and there have been a total of 0 Wooters purchasing "3". If its as good as all the other stuff made by Bundschu, why the shill? It makes me wonder if maybe this isn't as good as the Bundschu name would imply... Now I'm on the fence.



No idea what's up with the shill, but it is a six pack so I'm not surprised by no threes yet.

As for the quality comp to Gundlach Bundschu, these wines are made by Jeff Bundschu and Keith Emerson, the same team that makes GB, but with a very different vision. GB wines are single vineyard sourced with a distinct complexity and long cellar life. Blue Nomad wines are sourced from around Sonoma to create lush, intensely flavored wines intended to be drunk on release. Make no mistake, these wines are crafted by guys whose other wines sell for four to ten times the price, so they are elegant and balanced, no sweet styles here. Keith calls them everyday wines for wine lovers. but these are not Gundlach Bundschu wines, in style, though you can absolutely be confident in their quality based on the experience and philosophy of the people behind them.

pluthe


quality posts: 2 Private Messages pluthe
tjhoulihan wrote:Normally the Bundschu name is enough to get me to hit that button. But 9 hours later and there have been a total of 0 Wooters purchasing "3". If its as good as all the other stuff made by Bundschu, why the shill? It makes me wonder if maybe this isn't as good as the Bundschu name would imply... Now I'm on the fence.



If you try to buy you will see that you can only go in for 2 max.

ssueiro


quality posts: 23 Private Messages ssueiro
pluthe wrote:If you try to buy you will see that you can only go in for 2 max.



Ah! Thanks for pointing that out!

pspreier


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pspreier

The GB Block 13 Cabernet was one of the best QPR wines that I have bought from Woot (or anywhere for that matter). I understand that this is not a cellaring wine, but if it is anywhere close to the previous quality it should be a real treat.

My wallet forces me to be in for only 1, but very excited to be in the game.

InFrom


quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
confusedemmy wrote:Hmmm. What is *that* one? Anybody help me out?



I'm thinking it's this one. That was one of my first w. woots, same price per bottle as this, and as I recall astoundingly delicious. Wooters were begging for more.

I just realized I need to buy this, for all the reasons cited by others.

Edit: and because I will share my order with friends, in for 2!
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: hudsonsm
Speed to first woot: 4m 11.250s
Last wooter to woot: InFrom

bradsbabe


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradsbabe

Shill or no shill, my first wine.woot, and I'm excited to try

kaugsburger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaugsburger

Shill def: One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.

Do you really believe that Gunlach Bundschu would waste their time on a shill??

I'm in for one. Love the Swami Label!

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mrshoestore wrote:My first wine.woot... I felt the need to share



Grats! Hope you enjoy it.

Edited in: bradsbabe, grats to you too!
(And to all you first time wine wooters. As I don't drink much reds, I'm not in for this one, but I am having so much fun looking at these labels.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

davemary1


quality posts: 1 Private Messages davemary1

I bought 2 based on ... gut feeling that I am going to like this. Oh boy. Also noticed that the "shill" got a quality post. Hey!

mia137


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mia137

Anyone know if these guys spray pesticides or other chemicals on the grapes?

imcooliswear


quality posts: 3 Private Messages imcooliswear
davemary1 wrote:I bought 2 based on ... gut feeling that I am going to like this. Oh boy. Also noticed that the "shill" got a quality post. Hey!



I noticed his original post is gone. How do you know he has quality posts?

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
imcooliswear wrote:I noticed his original post is gone. How do you know he has quality posts?



There's a little number that shows up beside your name. It's subtle.

I'm going to check in with a question too. I know that they're drinking well right now, but what's the maximum you'd recommend cellaring these?

I'm just hanging out, really.