1 Peach & Lavender Preserves 7.75oz
1 Raspberry & Violet Preserves 7.75oz
1 Blackberry & Poppy Flower Preserves 7.75oz

Previous offer:
9/14/11 (woot-off)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

Is this the same stuff offered during the woot off a few weeks ago?

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Supersox

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Supersox

How much alcohol do these contain? I guess my question is, will I need to eat all 3 to get a buzz or just 1?

cindihoward

quality posts: 42 Private Messages cindihoward

So this is like Fleur de Jam?

MissouriMomma

mrbruno

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrbruno

Yes it was offered in the Woot Off for a very limited time

mrbruno

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrbruno

There is no alcohol in there sorry !! just great jam

maisondemonaco

quality posts: 11 Private Messages maisondemonaco

Hello everybody,
i just want to introduce myself, I'am Coco, the preserves maker.
I hope you will enjoy my fruit preserves as I enjoy to make them.

if you have any questions...go ahead

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

raspberry & Violet? Peaches & Lavender? Ok, do we put this on toast or am I supposed to dab it behind my ears.

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

theturbolemming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theturbolemming

How strong are the notes of the flowers? Do they cover up at all the flavor of the fruit?

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth

Blackberry & Poppy Flower? is that for the opiate addict in all of us?

maisondemonaco

cindihoward wrote:So this is like Fleur de Jam?

what is fleur de jam?
Is it only made with flowers?
because the preserves i'm making are made with fruits and flowers, the idea is to taste both of them

maisondemonaco

theturbolemming wrote:How strong are the notes of the flowers? Do they cover up at all the flavor of the fruit?

i try to make a good balance between the fruit and the flower...if you put too much lavender..it tastes like soap!!!

editorkid

quality posts: 94 Private Messages editorkid

Hey, it's been a while since I was the first sucker. Yay me. Takes the sting off a rough night at my friend's poker game tonight. And I missed these during the recent Woot-off, so I'm in for a big boxful. Thursdays are the only day I look at wine.woot!

maisondemonaco

jamesbottomtooth wrote:Blackberry & Poppy Flower? is that for the opiate addict in all of us?

no, it is the flower flavor...but maybe you can become addicted ...to the taste...who knows??

Ramrod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ramrod

What is the eating window on these bottles?

samira

quality posts: 14 Private Messages samira

This actually sounds lovely. I am not sure I can bring myself to spend $20 on jam right now, but the flavor combos sound really interesting. I will have to think about this one for a minute.
Has anyone already tried them? Do they labrat this kind of thing?

Are the fruits organic/chemical free?

*Kudzu*

quality posts: 3 Private Messages *Kudzu*

This sounds incredibly good!
Mr Grandmother always mixed 2 fruits to make jam.
She made an apple/peach jam that was heavenly.
It poured out of the jar like honey.

Is the Blackberry jam seedless?

maisondemonaco

Ramrod wrote:What is the eating window on these bottles?

you can keep them 2 years as long as it is closed, once it is open keep them in the fridge, you have 3 weeks to eat them, because i don't put any preservatives or corn syrup...or chemical products

maisondemonaco

samira wrote:This actually sounds lovely. I am not sure I can bring myself to spend $20 on jam right now, but the flavor combos sound really interesting. I will have to think about this one for a minute.
Has anyone already tried them? Do they labrat this kind of thing?

Are the fruits organic/chemical free?

i'm pretty new in this country, but i used to sell these jams for ten years in France, and yes it is chemical free

maisondemonaco

*Kudzu* wrote:This sounds incredibly good!
Mr Grandmother always mixed 2 fruits to make jam.
She made an apple/peach jam that was heavenly.
It poured out of the jar like honey.

Is the Blackberry jam seedless?

the blackberry is not seed less, but i mix half puree and half whole fruits...the blackberry has a lot of seeds...so i thought it would be nicer not to have that many seeds..specifically for your teeth!!

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I've never seen "refrigerate after opening" on jam before. Isn't the whole point of "preserves" that the sugar *preserves* them?!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

maisondemonaco

ckeilah wrote:I've never seen "refrigerate after opening" on jam before. Isn't the whole point of "preserves" that the sugar *preserves* them?!

the preserves can be kept a long time if it closed..my idea is to make fruit jam with a low sugar content, this way you can taste the fruit more than the sugar....i know this quite unusual

maisondemonaco

good night, i will talk to you again tomorrow...

mberke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mberke

Eh ben ça a l'air bon! J'en ai pris comme cadeau pour ma maman! J'espère descendre la voir pour y goûter!

maisondemonaco

mberke wrote:Eh ben ça a l'air bon! J'en ai pris comme cadeau pour ma maman! J'espère descendre la voir pour y goûter!

juste avant d'aller dormir, merci pour votre achat...et bonjour a votre maman de ma part..
bon appetit!

chasbikr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chasbikr
maisondemonaco wrote:you can keep them 2 years as long as it is closed, once it is open keep them in the fridge, you have 3 weeks to eat them, because i don't put any preservatives or corn syrup...or chemical products

In for 2!

dotcomprincess

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dotcomprincess

I just have to try it!

aggiemary04

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aggiemary04

Sounds tasty to me! I'm down for 1!

johnjj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnjj

Any possibility of getting only the PEACH Lav.
Never happy with anything too seedy.
Three of one flavor would be a nice option.

evilglass

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evilglass
ckeilah wrote:I've never seen "refrigerate after opening" on jam before. Isn't the whole point of "preserves" that the sugar *preserves* them?!

I make jellies-not jam, which is a little different (I use mostly juice, jam uses more whole fruit, though I bet my jalapeno jelly is more like a puree).

You want to refrigerate open jars, it'll prevent mold, if nothing else. some reading suggest if the product is made of less than 67% sugar, it needs refrigeration, and I'm sure this is less than that. Even my jellies are less sugar than 50%.

paulmd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulmd
maisondemonaco wrote:...but i used to sell these jams for ten years in France, and yes it is chemical free

This one sentence of the seller sold me. If it's good for the French, it's good for me! :D

PTommins

quality posts: 7 Private Messages PTommins

No jelly toast for me. Sautee a duck breast until the skin is crisp & duck is medium rare. Remove from pan to rest. Deglaze plan with some sherry. Add a large dollop of peach lavender. Tear open a Earl Grey tea bag and add to sauce. Reduce & strain. Serve over duck breast with some Minnesota wild rice pilaf and your favorite WV pinot.

My mouth is watering and it's only 8:30am.

Tringard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tringard
Blackberry & Poppy Flower Preserves

Ingredients: Blackberries and/or Marionberries, Sugar, Poppy Flower, Pectin

So is it random whether you get Marionberries in the Blackberry jam? What are the odds that we get only Marionberries in our Blackberry jam?

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy

In for 3! I love jams flavored with herbs, flowers and alcohols, and one of these sets will be a perfect christmas present for a very hard to shop for aunt! Plus, raspberry preserves are my favorite by a long way, and as far as I'm concerned, vastly underrated in the common american grocery store. Can't wait! Merci beaucoup Coco!

maisondemonaco

mawy wrote:In for 3! I love jams flavored with herbs, flowers and alcohols, and one of these sets will be a perfect christmas present for a very hard to shop for aunt! Plus, raspberry preserves are my favorite by a long way, and as far as I'm concerned, vastly underrated in the common american grocery store. Can't wait! Merci beaucoup Coco!

I hope you and your aunt will enjoy them...and yes it is the perfect gift for Christmas.
Add some cookies, muffin, ice cream.. or a piece of goat cheese...with the peach and lavender it is really nice.

geraldinegourmandeaussi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geraldinegourmandeaussi

let me introduce myself... i'am geraldine : I know very well thoses jams ! I eat them in France for severals years ! they really are so good !

spookylilgirl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spookylilgirl

I bought these during the woot off . I've only tried the peach & lavender so far (in fact I'm eating it while I write this) and boy is it tasty! You definitely get a hit of lavender but not in a soapy way at all. It is plenty sweet even with less sugar. Even though I've only tried one flavor, it is so good I've already bought more this morning.

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

I'm glad these came up again, I wanted to buy them when they first appeared on the Woot-off but missed them by a few minutes.

I thought these would be lovely to serve over little mini cheesecakes, or mixed into some vanilla ice cream to give it a pop. Heck, as I sit here I can think of quite a few things you can do with these and have fun experimenting.

Cheese tasting plate (serve on the side and try different cheese + jam combinations)
Cupcake Filling (mix some into whipped cream and fill or leave it as is)
Mix just a touch into your tea instead of sugar
Turn it into a sauce for meats (I wager the peach would go well with pork, and the blackberry would be lovely with venison, someone try it and get back to me I don't eat meat :p )
As crazy as this one sounds, try spreading a thin layer onto a good quality piece of pizza (you might be surprised, I like raspberry on mine occasionally)

Those are some of the more interesting maybe you didn't think of them ones. Now excuse me while I click the gold button.

spentfromnz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spentfromnz

Last time I checked, Monaco was nowhere near Brittany.