kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

I haven’t been a part of the community for long but, it's been a hoot. I was wondering if there is there any interest a Seattle get together? If so, I would be happy to host. A Pacific Northwest theme, perhaps?

Details
Date: 1/14/12
Time: TBD
Theme: PNW
Host: kittyMac
Where: Condo near DT Seattle (Capitol Hill)

Attending:
kM +some
cjwilson

Maybe
jimjacks66 +1
inkycatz
grammiedaboss
noslensj

Regrets

aces219

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aces219

Let's do it! A number of us used to get together in the Seattle area but it has been a while.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

This would be fun.

I'm just hanging out, really.

kittymac

Great! Now to hustle up some more enthusiasm.. Any suggestions?

dkralston

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dkralston

Sounds like fun!

Elegant. Complex. Distinctive.
You are what you drink!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

I might go up, visited some friends in Seattle last weekend. Had some trophy cupcakes, might be some of the best I've ever eaten.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
kittymac wrote:I haven’t been a part of the community for long but, it's been a hoot. I was wondering if there is there any interest a Seattle get together? If so, I would be happy to host. A Pacific Northwest theme, perhaps?

Details
Date: 11/4??
Time: TBD
Theme: PNW
Host: kittyMac

Thoughts?

Daylight savings begins that Sunday IIRC.

And I'm bottling my wine that Saturday, otherwise I'd be interested in coming up. Next weekend is free though ....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

grammiedaboss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grammiedaboss

Give me enough planning and I'll try to make it. Been way too long!

The end is near...drink big wine.

kittymac

If 11/4 works for most, let's do it. If not, feel free to suggest an alternate date. I'm pretty excited. It'll be nice to meet a few wooters.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

Suggest cross-posting this into one of the daily woot threads, for greater visibility. I am interested, but don't visit this woot forum very often. I think there are many others.

tenuki

kittymac wrote:If 11/4 works for most, let's do it. If not, feel free to suggest an alternate date. I'm pretty excited. It'll be nice to meet a few wooters.

I'll throw out maybe something Thanksgiving weekend, even though it's probably unlikely. My Seattle friends invited me to do thanksgiving with them so ...

CT

sme282

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sme282

Keep me posted. I live in the Seattle area and would be interested to meet others.

grammiedaboss

tenuki wrote:I'll throw out maybe something Thanksgiving weekend, even though it's probably unlikely. My Seattle friends invited me to do thanksgiving with them so ...

I like that. We can meet out of state wooters and perk up an otherwise long 4-day weekend (school district employee ). Where shall it be?

aces219

grammiedaboss wrote:I like that. We can meet out of state wooters and perk up an otherwise long 4-day weekend (school district employee ). Where shall it be?

I'll be out of town until Saturday night

kittymac

So 11/4 or 11/26? Which date works best fo people? Either is good for me

kittymac

So, who's in?

tenuki

kittymac wrote:So, who's in?

So I'm over 50% to come on Thanksgiving weekend, y'all can have the official gathering at some other date but would still be interested to meet some of y'all. I booked the return flight Sunday since it was refundable, haven't booked the other leg yet.

CT

grammiedaboss

kittymac wrote:So, who's in?

I'm up for 11/26. Anyone? and where?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
grammiedaboss wrote:I'm up for 11/26. Anyone? and where?

I would have loved to come, but my 88 year old mom decided that week would be good to have her hip surgery. So we'll be busy that weekend.

Have fun!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

grammiedaboss

Several folks can't do Thanksgiving weekend, so early to mid-December? Or maybe perk up gloomy January?

tenuki

Okay, probably not going to make it up for Thanksgiving anyway Prices got out of hand. Will just visit my friends some cheaper weekend

CT

inkycatz

I like January and would have a strong possibility of showing up if it were then.

kittymac

I am up for January... what dates work best?

inkycatz

kittymac wrote:I am up for January... what dates work best?

Seriously NOT the 28/29, it seems every event/concert/interesting thing I know of is on that weekend.

kittymac

How about Janurary 14h?

kittymac

Anyone?

grammiedaboss

My Birthday weekend! That works!

kittymac

grammiedaboss wrote:My Birthday weekend! That works!

Fantastic! More reason to celebrate. I'm thinking a start time of 6 or so?

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
kittymac wrote:Fantastic! More reason to celebrate. I'm thinking a start time of 6 or so?

Jan. 14 works for me, as long as we don't decide to pop away for the MLK weekend. Great if you're downtown and still have a condo to offer. Makes it easy to bus in. Also second the notion of cross-posting into a thread.

kittymac

noslensj wrote:Jan. 14 works for me, as long as we don't decide to pop away for the MLK weekend. Great if you're downtown and still have a condo to offer. Makes it easy to bus in. Also second the notion of cross-posting into a thread.

I will do a little cross posting this evening. I am happy to host if everyone is fine with a little trip to Capitol Hill.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

Suggestion: before wine, go to Theo Chocolate for a tasting and tour. Without a doubt the best, most innovative chocolate makers I know, and I'm from Europe! About the theobromine, not the sugar!

Will put you on a high before you get drinking!

cjwilson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjwilson

As much as Theo is nearby, I have to disagree (and as not only a European but being Dutch) and submit that Fran's is far superior. I suggest if there is a gathering that perhaps we bring some of both.

I'm available for the 14th. Who is actually organizing this?

kittymac

cjwilson wrote:As much as Theo is nearby, I have to disagree (and as not only a European but being Dutch) and submit that Fran's is far superior. I suggest if there is a gathering that perhaps we bring some of both.

Well I am hosting and "organizing" happy to have some input/help

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
cjwilson wrote:As much as Theo is nearby, I have to disagree (and as not only a European but being Dutch) and submit that Fran's is far superior. I suggest if there is a gathering that perhaps we bring some of both.

Tell us more about Fran's! Always happy to discover even more goodness

grammiedaboss

richardhod wrote:Tell us more about Fran's! Always happy to discover even more goodness

Both are good, but in different ways. Fran's makes "chocolates", you know the kind in the box with the paper wrappers and they are wonderful. Theo makes bars. OCH! MISTLETOE FRENCHING? GROSS! bars. Before anyone tears my arms off and beats me to death with them, yes, I know they both do both but these are their specialities. And you can tour the Theo factory. And they have lots of free samples in the lobby. Both should be supported as both are local. Happy Whatever You Are Celebrating!!!!

jimjacks66

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jimjacks66

From another "Seattleite", I may also be able to attend on Jan 14th. May bring a guest as well.

inkycatz

Once we have slightly firmer details I'll be sure to pass this around the local office.

aces219

I'm doing a detox from Jan 9 - 18, so I'm out if it's the 14th. Some other time, perhaps.

kittymac

Does 4pm work for most?

If it does we can use my place and I will pm the details to those that are interested.

I do so love gatherings that involve yummy wine!

inkycatz

kittymac wrote:Does 4pm work for most?

If it does we can use my place and I will pm the details to those that are interested.

I do so love gatherings that involve yummy wine!

Works for me!