hdavis4000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdavis4000

Hey MN Wine Wooters! Started up this thread for our next gathering. We don't have an exact date set yet, but it will be a Saturday night in September. I am more than willing to host this one. If everyone wants to throw out some dates we can pick one and set it up! Looking forward to seeing everyone again and hopefully meeting some new wooters as well.

Date is set for September 24th.
6:30-7:00pm

"Wine is bottled poetry." -Robert Louis Stevenson

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

24th sounds good to me.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

dstearl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dstearl

What city in Minnesota? Are new people invited? I have lots of wine to pick from, and always love help drinking it.

The wife and I could make the 24th as well, if newbies are allowed.

samiratou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samiratou

Newbies are not only allowed but encouraged, I'd say... :-)

The city would be Minneapolis--not far from the airport.

I currently see the 24th open on our calendar.

hdavis4000

Yes we would love to have some newbies join. Looks like the 24th is working for most of us regulars, so the 24th it is! I can PM out my address to any newbies or regulars that may need it. Just let me know!

JanaDahlen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JanaDahlen

I think I'm out, but maybe I'll see if I can drop by later in the evening. I have the in-laws in town that weekend.

w.w: 19 s.w: 12 w: 4 k.w:2

dstearl

The wife and I are planning to make it.

Below is my cellar tracker link. Look through it and tell me what you would like me to bring. There are only about 5-7 single bottles I am trying to keep for a while (which I may say no to), everything else is fair game, love to share, so if you see something interesting let me know and I will bring it and we will drink it.

My Cellar

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

Sadly, I can't make it. On call that weekend.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

hdavis4000

Looks like it's going to be a small gathering Saturday night. I am thinking if everyone wants to arrive anywhere between 6:30-7:00pm that would be just fine. Has anyone had a chance to peek at Dstearl's cellar tracker and have any suggestions?? I will be taking a peek hopefully this evening. If anyone has any questions, let me know! Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday!

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Ahhh, crap. I'm skipping on out guys weekend this weekend but the wife picked up a 4-10 shift. She tackled one of my buddies at a wedding this past weekend and broke a couple teeth. Told her she should pay for part of his dentist bill.
Such is live at the Penguin house.

coynedj

hdavis4000 wrote:Has anyone had a chance to peek at Dstearl's cellar tracker and have any suggestions?? I will be taking a peek hopefully this evening.

I'd love to try the Twisted Oak Spaniard - I've heard plenty about it, but have never tasted it!

Pity all the folks who aren't coming - I'm still planning on bringing the '98 Barolo I mentioned on the other thread. More for the rest of us!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

dstearl

coynedj wrote:I'd love to try the Twisted Oak Spaniard - I've heard plenty about it, but have never tasted it!

Pity all the folks who aren't coming - I'm still planning on bringing the '98 Barolo I mentioned on the other thread. More for the rest of us!

I haven't tried it yet either, I will bring it, excited to try it with others. Let's hope it lives up to the hype.

Everyone else, please look the cellar is open.

hdavis4000

dstearl wrote:I haven't tried it yet either, I will bring it, excited to try it with others. Let's hope it lives up to the hype.

Everyone else, please look the cellar is open.

I wouldn't mind trying a Humanitas Syrah Weed Farms.

hdavis4000

pengu1n wrote:Ahhh, crap. I'm skipping on out guys weekend this weekend but the wife picked up a 4-10 shift. She tackled one of my buddies at a wedding this past weekend and broke a couple teeth. Told her she should pay for part of his dentist bill.

Bummer

otolith

dstearl wrote:The wife and I are planning to make it.

Below is my cellar tracker link. Look through it and tell me what you would like me to bring. There are only about 5-7 single bottles I am trying to keep for a while (which I may say no to), everything else is fair game, love to share, so if you see something interesting let me know and I will bring it and we will drink it.

My Cellar

What you need to do is just have a get together and let us raid your cellar.

It works pretty well for me, anyway.

I would be interested in the Barolo, but you probably want to wait a few more years to open that one.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

pengu1n wrote:Ahhh, crap. I'm skipping on out guys weekend this weekend but the wife picked up a 4-10 shift. She tackled one of my buddies at a wedding this past weekend and broke a couple teeth. Told her she should pay for part of his dentist bill.

That is hilarious!

--John Muir

dstearl

otolith wrote:What you need to do is just have a get together and let us raid your cellar.

It works pretty well for me, anyway.

I would be interested in the Barolo, but you probably want to wait a few more years to open that one.

Might be interesting to try the new one vs the old one if the 98 is still going to make an appearance.

I will bring that and the humanitas, along with the twisted oak. The wife likes riesling so I will bring one of those too.

coynedj

dstearl - you're going to make a lot of friends if you bring 4 bottles!

And for anyone trying to do the "100 varieties" thing, I have a bottle of ancellotta that I'll be bringing along with the barolo.

dstearl

Had a great time, next one is at our house!

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

hope I can make that one. Been too damn long since I've made it to one of these. Give me a months notice!

Wife and I will be in the cities on Oct 29th for a kids Halloween party. I'm sure lots of adults may be having evening parties, but throwing it out there as an available date.

hdavis4000

dstearl wrote:Had a great time, next one is at our house!

So glad you and your wife could join us! Looking forward to getting together for the next one.

hdavis4000

pengu1n wrote:hope I can make that one. Been too damn long since I've made it to one of these. Give me a months notice!

Wife and I will be in the cities on Oct 29th for a kids Halloween party. I'm sure lots of adults may be having evening parties, but throwing it out there as an available date.

It has been too long!! Hopefully the next one you will be able to join us!

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

So, when is the next one?

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

dstearl

tcklord wrote:So, when is the next one?

I need to get some dates we are available. I did offer our place for the next one. Give me a few days to confer with the keeper of my schedule and I will throw some dates out there.

otolith

dstearl wrote:I need to get some dates we are available. I did offer our place for the next one. Give me a few days to confer with the keeper of my schedule and I will throw some dates out there.

Start a new thread when you do.

--John Muir