stryper2000

quality posts: 28 Private Messages stryper2000
GodfatherND wrote:I can understand wanting to provide entertainment for your family, but spending $10,000 on fireworks is obscene.

and I thought spending hundreds on fireworks was obscene. For that money you might as well buy a new car and go drive to a place that will be doing a free fireworks show

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x38

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 26 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
GodfatherND wrote:I can understand wanting to provide entertainment for your family, but spending $10,000 on fireworks is obscene.

LP

That's insane x.x If you're going to spend that sort of money on your family, put it in a college fund for the kids, or go to disney land, or a cross-country trip - which still has the chance of costing less than that! Jeebus... that's a year's worth of rent for us!

Oh, also, KtC, posted in the new book thread :3 I... kinda got carried away. And I feel so exposed now x.x but still worth it!

Last Post

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND

It has been too long since a Last Post, so this is the last post.

Nitetigrezz

GodfatherND wrote:It has been too long since a Last Post, so this is the last post.

Oh dear, I had better take that burden off your shoulders.

Last Post

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

GodfatherND

Nitetigrezz wrote:Oh dear, I had better take that burden off your shoulders.

Last Post

Oh, you're too kind. Allow me.

LP

Nitetigrezz

GodfatherND wrote:Oh, you're too kind. Allow me.

LP

Please, I insist.

Last Post

unangrybird

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unangrybird

Tonight I'll dream while I'm in bed
when silly thoughts go through my head
about the bugs and alphabet
and when I wake tomorrow I'll bet
that you and I will walk together again
I can tell that we are gonna be friends
Yes I can tell that we are gonna be friends.

Night all.

LP

GodfatherND

unangrybird wrote:Tonight I'll dream while I'm in bed

Night all.

LP

Last Post

Nitetigrezz

unangrybird wrote:Tonight I'll dream while I'm in bed

Night all.

LP

So much love for this song, and would make a perfect last post... except it's not

LP

GodfatherND

Nitetigrezz wrote:So much love for this song, and would make a perfect last post... except it's not

LP

Excuse me, but the last post is mine.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Finally home

Last Post

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Finally home

Last Post

Welcome back!

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Finally home

Last Post

Welcome home!

LP

GodfatherND

Nitetigrezz wrote:Welcome home!

LP

Last Post

Nitetigrezz

Getting hungry, and still have a couple of hours before lunch x.x

Last Post

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Getting hungry, and still have a couple of hours before lunch x.x

Last Post

One more interview in 30 mins..... butterflies - I still am a bit in denial that I'm a finalist!

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:One more interview in 30 mins..... butterflies - I still am a bit in denial that I'm a finalist!

LP

Woohooohooooo! That's awesome! Rock their socks off!

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Woohooohooooo! That's awesome! Rock their socks off!

LP

Thanks, I'll try. The whole reality is starting to get to my paranoia of change side and I'm trying to keep that repressed.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Thanks, I'll try. The whole reality is starting to get to my paranoia of change side and I'm trying to keep that repressed.

LP

Maybe focus on all the good things? All the reasons you went for this job to begin with, and all the things you have to look forward to

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Maybe focus on all the good things? All the reasons you went for this job to begin with, and all the things you have to look forward to

LP

You mean the fact that it's a real job? I'm really just hoping the money comes together. I'd hate to go this far and have to turn it down because I can't afford it. That'd be so sad.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:You mean the fact that it's a real job? I'm really just hoping the money comes together. I'd hate to go this far and have to turn it down because I can't afford it. That'd be so sad.

LP

A real job is definitely something to look forward to, with a steady paycheck >.< Well, tis better to get the job and have to turn it down than to not get the job and have no choice in the matter.

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:A real job is definitely something to look forward to, with a steady paycheck >.< Well, tis better to get the job and have to turn it down than to not get the job and have no choice in the matter.

LP

Turning down a job, I've never done that - it'd be weird.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Turning down a job, I've never done that - it'd be weird.

LP

It is! When I was first leaving the pawn shop, I applied to the local movie theater since a lot of the teens would be going back to school. The security company offered better pay and flexible hours and the chance for OT though, so when the theater called me back for an interview ~after~ I was all gungho and made a great impression with some of the management, I felt awful saying that I found something else >.< It never gets easier. You need to think about you though, and what you are and aren't capable of.

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:It is! When I was first leaving the pawn shop, I applied to the local movie theater since a lot of the teens would be going back to school. The security company offered better pay and flexible hours and the chance for OT though, so when the theater called me back for an interview ~after~ I was all gungho and made a great impression with some of the management, I felt awful saying that I found something else >.< It never gets easier. You need to think about you though, and what you are and aren't capable of.

LP

Yeah, I'm at the point where the only reasons I'd say no are: 1) they don't get their act together by the end of the week, I have until the 31st to renew or drop my current job, and if I don't have an offer I'm renewing 2) There's just no way to make the money work. Moving to a city isn't cheap and it's a huge undertaking, I'd be the only income for a while and right now it's a landlord's/sellers market so prices are high.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Yeah, I'm at the point where the only reasons I'd say no are: 1) they don't get their act together by the end of the week, I have until the 31st to renew or drop my current job, and if I don't have an offer I'm renewing 2) There's just no way to make the money work. Moving to a city isn't cheap and it's a huge undertaking, I'd be the only income for a while and right now it's a landlord's/sellers market so prices are high.

LP

Youch >.< The best thing I can suggest for #2 is look at the outskirts. Seattle is ridiculously high just for a studio or one bed. We got a place about 15-20 minutes away (30-40 with traffic, but that can't be helped x.x) for about half the cost (less than in some places). It's a deluxe one bed, so the bedroom is about as big as the livingroom. Amazing location too - I can't imagine a robber hitting our place before hitting any of the other numerous apartments around us, minimal audio traffic, and it's still close enough that I can walk to the shopping centers and such.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Yeah, I'm at the point where the only reasons I'd say no are: 1) they don't get their act together by the end of the week, I have until the 31st to renew or drop my current job, and if I don't have an offer I'm renewing 2) There's just no way to make the money work. Moving to a city isn't cheap and it's a huge undertaking, I'd be the only income for a while and right now it's a landlord's/sellers market so prices are high.

LP

Good luck and Last Post

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Youch >.< The best thing I can suggest for #2 is look at the outskirts. Seattle is ridiculously high just for a studio or one bed. We got a place about 15-20 minutes away (30-40 with traffic, but that can't be helped x.x) for about half the cost (less than in some places). It's a deluxe one bed, so the bedroom is about as big as the livingroom. Amazing location too - I can't imagine a robber hitting our place before hitting any of the other numerous apartments around us, minimal audio traffic, and it's still close enough that I can walk to the shopping centers and such.

LP

Yeah, looking into that, can't park near the office anyway. But it is on the light rail.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Yeah, looking into that, can't park near the office anyway. But it is on the light rail.

LP

Ooo the lightrail can be nice. I love that it runs more regularlly than pretty much all the buslines here. Definite plus, not to mention how much you'll be able to save on gas, and you can get things done on the train depending on how long of a ride it is.

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Ooo the lightrail can be nice. I love that it runs more regularlly than pretty much all the buslines here. Definite plus, not to mention how much you'll be able to save on gas, and you can get things done on the train depending on how long of a ride it is.

LP

Very true! Far superior to sitting in traffic on a highway.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Very true! Far superior to sitting in traffic on a highway.

LP

Definitely x.x It can also be a great time to catch up on some reading Which reminds me, I need to remember to throw a book into my backpack....

LP

GodfatherND

Lunch time last post

Nitetigrezz

GodfatherND wrote:Lunch time last post

Still have about three and a half hours x.x Hoping to try a taco place down a few blocks that a tenant mentioned.

LP

KtCallista

Finally caved and went the office.

LP

GodfatherND

Afternoon snack last post

Nitetigrezz

Waiting for ngovednik so I can eat lunch x.x For now checking people in for a seminar xp

LP

KtCallista

grrrr! heard back from job, they want more paperwork! I'm about fed up in all honesty, make an offer or not, but sheesh!

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:grrrr! heard back from job, they want more paperwork! I'm about fed up in all honesty, make an offer or not, but sheesh!

LP

Blarg, run-arounds are a pain in the neck, at times literally >.< Here's to hoping it's all worth it.

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Blarg, run-arounds are a pain in the neck, at times literally >.< Here's to hoping it's all worth it.

LP

Thanks, I've spent the day just hoping they'd make an offer so I'd know one way or the other. I have a ticking clock on my other job I have to sign a contract or a intent to leave by the end of the month.... so I was hoping to know this week. I'm starting to wonder if it's worth bothering with all this.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Thanks, I've spent the day just hoping they'd make an offer so I'd know one way or the other. I have a ticking clock on my other job I have to sign a contract or a intent to leave by the end of the month.... so I was hoping to know this week. I'm starting to wonder if it's worth bothering with all this.

LP

I guess ultimately you need to ask yourself, which would be worse? Giving up on it now and never knowing if you're passing up a great deal, or pursuing it and learning that it wasn't worth it afterall?

LP

unangrybird

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unangrybird

Come a little bit closer
Hear what I have to say
Just like children sleepin'
We could dream this night away.

LP