Super Bowl Teams Selected Last Post

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
GodfatherND wrote:

Super Bowl Teams Selected Last Post

Some days that shirt describes me. lp

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Well, I ended up working all day Friday, but I did not go in today (although I'll probably spend the next few hours building trophies). This week is going to be bad....

LP

Beware the V'owls screech!

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Well, I ended up working all day Friday, but I did not go in today (although I'll probably spend the next few hours building trophies). This week is going to be bad....

LP

Sorry to hear that your week will be bad. How is Orc's job search going? lp

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
jawsuser wrote:Sorry to hear that your week will be bad. How is Orc's job search going? lp

Last Post

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Sorry to hear that your week will be bad. How is Orc's job search going? lp

Oh I didn't expect to make my week worse with an anxiety attack (a very unpleasant remainder from almost dying four years ago) that kept me up and made me very nauseous last night - for no good reason at all!!!! Now I'm super sleepy and I have 7 trophies to build, not hard, but I do have to be attentive. Oh well tomorrow should be relatively easy. I'm going to an online clinic and I'll be doing some paperwork and a community analysis.

LP

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Hi all!

Nice new page.
//sniffs//
Smells like someone has been eating cookies.

KTC, hope your tomorrow is better.

lp

jawsuser

lplady wrote:Hi all!

Nice new page.
//sniffs//
Smells like someone has been eating cookies.

KTC, hope your tomorrow is better.

lp

Hi LpLady, good to see you here. Cookies sound good.

KtC praying things get better.
LP

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Hi LpLady, good to see you here. Cookies sound good.

KtC praying things get better.
LP

Tournament time! I did get some sleep last night (even though it came with a nightmare). Boss and and I are both coming to the realization that I will probably not be there next year. I need a real job, especially with Orc not having one right now, and he can't convince the head guy that the new guy just isn't working out.

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Tournament time! I did get some sleep last night (even though it came with a nightmare). Boss and and I are both coming to the realization that I will probably not be there next year. I need a real job, especially with Orc not having one right now, and he can't convince the head guy that the new guy just isn't working out.

LP

Sad to hear that. LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Oh I didn't expect to make my week worse with an anxiety attack....
LP

I have suffered from anxiety attacks since 1990. I take Paxil, and it works for me. I hope you find something that works for you.

LP

jawsuser

GodfatherND wrote:I have suffered from anxiety attacks since 1990. I take Paxil, and it works for me. I hope you find something that works for you.

LP

Glad you found something that works.
LP

GodfatherND

jawsuser wrote:Glad you found something that works.
LP

I won't be making too many last posts for a while. I have an idea for a new book, and I am going to start researching and reading. I'm thinking of writing a book about Gen. George A. Custer. I live about 350 miles from Little Big Horn, and I hope to visit there again this summer.

Last Post for a while.

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev
GodfatherND wrote:I won't be making too many last posts for a while. I have an idea for a new book, and I am going to start researching and reading. I'm thinking of writing a book about Gen. George A. Custer. I live about 350 miles from Little Big Horn, and I hope to visit there again this summer.

Last Post for a while.

What an exciting venture! Good luck to you, GodfatherND. Check in with us once in a while, ok?
LP

GodfatherND

hot72chev wrote:What an exciting venture! Good luck to you, GodfatherND. Check in with us once in a while, ok?
LP

Will do!

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:I won't be making too many last posts for a while. I have an idea for a new book, and I am going to start researching and reading. I'm thinking of writing a book about Gen. George A. Custer. I live about 350 miles from Little Big Horn, and I hope to visit there again this summer.

Last Post for a while.

Very cool Godfather! I'm debating trying to get on as a ranger at the Nez Perce National Park.

Feeling a bit under the weather, but I have meetings out of the office all week, so no rest for me.

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Very cool Godfather! I'm debating trying to get on as a ranger at the Nez Perce National Park.

Feeling a bit under the weather, but I have meetings out of the office all week, so no rest for me.

LP

Good luck Godfather! Sounds great.

KtC hope you are feeling better soon.

Hot72Chevy hope you wil stay around to play.

Last Post!

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Good luck Godfather! Sounds great.

Last Post!

I hope so too.

I second everything Jaws said.

LP

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

Just a quick browse by last posting

LP

Last Post

hot72chev

jawsuser wrote:Good luck Godfather! Sounds great.

Last Post!

I'm here to stay, jaws!
LP

jawsuser

hot72chev wrote:I'm here to stay, jaws!
LP

Hi Tennis. Long time no see. Stop by again sometime.

Hot72Chevy glad to hear you will be sticking around.

First Last Post of February.
lp

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Hi Tennis. Long time no see. Stop by again sometime.

Hot72Chevy glad to hear you will be sticking around.

First Last Post of February.
lp

Happy Post-local-comic-con Last Post

Great to see you Tennis!

lp

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

I appear to have killed PWA, so maybe I can maintain LAST POST over here!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

hot72chev

jqubed wrote:I appear to have killed PWA, so maybe I can maintain LAST POST over here!

There you go thinking again.
LP

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

jawsuser

no1 wrote:

Last Post

GodfatherND

jawsuser wrote:Last Post

LP

no1

GodfatherND wrote:LP

GET BACK TO WORK, YOU LAZY BUM

Last Post for a while.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

LAST POST TO GET THOSE SOUR GRAPES COMPLAINERS LOWER ON THE LIST OF TOPICS!

KtCallista

kenney9226 wrote:LAST POST TO GET THOSE SOUR GRAPES COMPLAINERS LOWER ON THE LIST OF TOPICS!

TGIF EVEN IF IT MEANS I SPEND A FEW HOURS AT WORK TOMORROW. I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THE GUY WHO GOT MY JOB!

oh and LAST POST

lplady

last post

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:TGIF EVEN IF IT MEANS I SPEND A FEW HOURS AT WORK TOMORROW. I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THE GUY WHO GOT MY JOB!

oh and LAST POST

Now, when you say the guy got your job, when they created the position for you did they then give the job to someone else who turned out to be incompetent? Or did you move up and the person who replaced you has turned out to be incompetent?

Last Post!

Skye — 1997-2007

lplady

jqubed wrote:Now, when you say the guy got your job, when they created the position for you did they then give the job to someone else who turned out to be incompetent? Or did you move up and the person who replaced you has turned out to be incompetent?

Last Post!

Basically she got screwed and not in a good way.

LP

jqubed

lplady wrote:Basically she got screwed and not in a good way.

LP

So it's not that she moved up and she just doesn't like seeing her old job botched? Because sometimes (if you're in a position where you can afford it) it's better to let the poor workers reach a place where they clearly demonstrate they're over their heads and have to leave so you can get someone better in. One of my co-workers used to work at a station where management finally ordered the anchors to stop helping producers write the shows, because some of the producers were terrible but the only way they could get them out was letting them fail on their own. Of course, the anchors were good enough they didn't want to look like fools on TV, and that's why they helped, but they had to just grin and bear it for a while.

LAST POST!

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

KtCallista

jqubed wrote:So it's not that she moved up and she just doesn't like seeing her old job botched? Because sometimes (if you're in a position where you can afford it) it's better to let the poor workers reach a place where they clearly demonstrate they're over their heads and have to leave so you can get someone better in. One of my co-workers used to work at a station where management finally ordered the anchors to stop helping producers write the shows, because some of the producers were terrible but the only way they could get them out was letting them fail on their own. Of course, the anchors were good enough they didn't want to look like fools on TV, and that's why they helped, but they had to just grin and bear it for a while.

LAST POST!

Ok, pay attention, because this will get confusing. The program I have fallen in love with and am currently service as an AmeriCorp VISTA for (see government volunteer with a living stipend - sorta) locally is partnered with a state chapter of a national organization that is a branch of the extension programs of the local land grant public university. OK

So all the hiring MUST follow the University's policy (all new jobs or significant changes to hours or pay require the position to be open to the public for the minimum amount of time commiserate with the rate of the job). So the guy who got the job that was initially written for me to move up into (I was working as a part-time temp and the first one that was good at it and happy to stay in 3 years, possibly longer).

However, because the job was open (and advertised) as per policy, this other guy applied. Because he has a Masters and Teaching Certificate and I do not, and those things are valued by the Partner Organization and their National Organization as a whole. My experience, proven ability, etc, did not make me the "on paper" better candidate. To confound issues more, the guy was hoping to change the position away from it's heavy emphasis in robotics and technology to biology and life science interests, which currently make up 15% of the job and are his area of expertise.

It sucks, it's painful, and I'm not sleeping very much trying to do so much of the work.

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Ok, pay attention, because this will get confusing. The program I have fallen in love with and am currently service as an AmeriCorp VISTA for (see government volunteer with a living stipend - sorta) locally is partnered with a state chapter of a national organization that is a branch of the extension programs of the local land grant public university. OK

So all the hiring MUST follow the University's policy (all new jobs or significant changes to hours or pay require the position to be open to the public for the minimum amount of time commiserate with the rate of the job). So the guy who got the job that was initially written for me to move up into (I was working as a part-time temp and the first one that was good at it and happy to stay in 3 years, possibly longer).

However, because the job was open (and advertised) as per policy, this other guy applied. Because he has a Masters and Teaching Certificate and I do not, and those things are valued by the Partner Organization and their National Organization as a whole. My experience, proven ability, etc, did not make me the "on paper" better candidate. To confound issues more, the guy was hoping to change the position away from it's heavy emphasis in robotics and technology to biology and life science interests, which currently make up 15% of the job and are his area of expertise.

It sucks, it's painful, and I'm not sleeping very much trying to do so much of the work.

LP

That really sucks! Sending positive thoughts that he might be seen for the incompetent person he is and you would get the job.
LP

lplady

Thinking of all of you and wishing you the best. So many going through so much.

last post

jawsuser

lplady wrote:Thinking of all of you and wishing you the best. So many going through so much.

last post

Thanks lpLady. Kind thoughts help a lot! So does the KFC some friends brought by tonight. lp

hot72chev

jawsuser wrote:Thanks lpLady. Kind thoughts help a lot! So does the KFC some friends brought by tonight. lp

KFC makes everything alright!