jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
KtCallista wrote:Oh I got his joke, I was just teasing him. For some reason I've been meeting a lot of Australians this year... maybe it's a sign ;)

LP

As you can tell I tend to be very literal. Australia sounds nice.

LP
edit didn't realize I had started a new page. Thanks for the reminder.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
jawsuser wrote:As you can tell I tend to be very literal. Australia sounds nice.

LP

How about literally finding a top pic :D

LP

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
KtCallista wrote:How about literally finding a top pic :D

LP

A top pic would be nice.

Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:A top pic would be nice.

Last Post

Yup!

Last Post

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Yup!

Last Post

done as requested. LP

edit: KtC invitation sent on Linked In.

lp

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:done as requested. LP

edit: KtC invitation sent on Linked In.

lp

Thanks jawsuser!

Still no response in PWA about the strange woot box sent to my inlaws on the opposite side of the country.

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Thanks jawsuser!

Still no response in PWA about the strange woot box sent to my inlaws on the opposite side of the country.

LP

Who would have their address? PWA's or perhaps a staff going off an old order address?
lp

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Who would have their address? PWA's or perhaps a staff going off an old order address?
lp

The last thing I shipped was for my nieces. My sister-in-law and I agreed that it was stupid to ship stuff twice, so we direct ship and then wrap any presents when they arrive. I have my address set as the default, but according to TT it was an appreciation box that went the wrong direction.

In the past there have been the random occasion of wooters buying a gift for other wooters by asking woot to ship to their listed address.

LP

GodfatherND

The tornado warning just ended. No storm in my area!

Last post

jawsuser

GodfatherND wrote:The tornado warning just ended. No storm in my area!

Last post

Wonderful News!
Quiet last post.

GodfatherND

jawsuser wrote:Wonderful News!
Quiet last post.

We got hit with a tornado in 2009. Just when did North Dakota become part of tornado alley??

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:We got hit with a tornado in 2009. Just when did North Dakota become part of tornado alley??

LP

We were supposed to have a nice thunderstorm, but it was just one clapper and no rain

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:We were supposed to have a nice thunderstorm, but it was just one clapper and no rain

LP

Clap on, Clap off...

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Clap on, Clap off...

LP

It showed up that evening, and it was a roarer...

Unfortunately, I have a migraine, still (48 hours) so I'm getting back offline, but I just came to tell GSon what his posting meant to all of us.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:It showed up that evening, and it was a roarer...

Unfortunately, I have a migraine, still (48 hours) so I'm getting back offline, but I just came to tell GSon what his posting meant to all of us.

LP

I hope the migraine goes away soon.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:I hope the migraine goes away soon.

LP

I think I'm doing better now, I can write for a change so that's something. The Versions have been off at art camp this morning so we'll see how I hold up later.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:I think I'm doing better now, I can write for a change so that's something. The Versions have been off at art camp this morning so we'll see how I hold up later.

LP

I'm spending my time trying to get a 20-year-old laser printer to work with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. The MS-DOS drivers won't work, of course. I heard that HP Laserjet 4P drivers would work, but I'm having problems. Wish me luck!

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:I'm spending my time trying to get a 20-year-old laser printer to work with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. The MS-DOS drivers won't work, of course. I heard that HP Laserjet 4P drivers would work, but I'm having problems. Wish me luck!

LP

Can you even get toner for that still?

Good luck!

LP

jawsuser

GodfatherND wrote:I'm spending my time trying to get a 20-year-old laser printer to work with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. The MS-DOS drivers won't work, of course. I heard that HP Laserjet 4P drivers would work, but I'm having problems. Wish me luck!

LP

Good luck. lp

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Last Post

jawsuser

lplady wrote:Last Post

Hi lplady! Please don't disappear!!!
LP

lplady

jawsuser wrote:Hi lplady! Please don't disappear!!!
LP

I've only been checking in every couple of weeks/months. I'll continue to do so when I'm around.

I hope the water stops coming your way and repairs are done sooner than later in your area.

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:I've only been checking in every couple of weeks/months. I'll continue to do so when I'm around.

I hope the water stops coming your way and repairs are done sooner than later in your area.

lp

((Hugs)) Nice to see you lplady!

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Can you even get toner for that still?

Good luck!

LP

Yes, but the toner is $140, and the price of a new laser is $75. Hmmm...Maybe it's time to throw away my old laser printer. I just can't get it to work with Windows 7, even when I set it up as an HP Laserjet 4 emulation.

My printer has served me well. It will be an emotional time when put it to rest. I need to pull the two 8MB memory sticks from it. Those darned things cost me hundreds of dollars back in the day. They have gold-plated connectors, and I'm gonna go gold mining!

Last Laser Printer Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Yes, but the toner is $140, and the price of a new laser is $75. Hmmm...Maybe it's time to throw away my old laser printer. I just can't get it to work with Windows 7, even when I set it up as an HP Laserjet 4 emulation.

My printer has served me well. It will be an emotional time when put it to rest. I need to pull the two 8MB memory sticks from it. Those darned things cost me hundreds of dollars back in the day. They have gold-plated connectors, and I'm gonna go gold mining!

Last Laser Printer Post

Those LaserJet 4's were good printers. I'm sorry that HP abandoned it. Have you looked to the open source to see if there is an unofficial driver for it?

LP

lplady

KtCallista wrote:((Hugs)) Nice to see you lplady!

LP

Nice to see you too!!!

Good luck in finding a job in the coming weeks. One that you love hopefully. ttyl

//waves to all last posters//

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Nice to see you too!!!

Good luck in finding a job in the coming weeks. One that you love hopefully. ttyl

//waves to all last posters//

lp

Thanks, I guess I need to get applying for some of the things I've found. I'm frustrated at some of the stuff that requires a teaching certificate when it's not teaching. I don't want to teach, but I love working with STEM programs and I found stuff doing promotional work, but it requires an education degree or teaching certificate. I have a science background and experience running STEM programs you'd think that'd be enough... oh well.

LP

jawsuser

lplady wrote:I've only been checking in every couple of weeks/months. I'll continue to do so when I'm around.

lp

Thanks. I would love the rain to stop. This week we are having "bands of rain" due to a tropical storm. The county fixed the south part of the road, but the rain is having a bit of an effect. Thankfully right now we are having mail and garbage service again, YEAH!

KtC knowing where you are from they can afford to put those restrictions (needing a teaching certificate) in place. praying that you will find a job soon.

LP

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Thanks. I would love the rain to stop. This week we are having "bands of rain" due to a tropical storm. The county fixed the south part of the road, but the rain is having a bit of an effect. Thankfully right now we are having mail and garbage service again, YEAH!

KtC knowing where you are from they can afford to put those restrictions (needing a teaching certificate) in place. praying that you will find a job soon.

LP

But it's not like they are teaching jobs... I'm actually on the substitute teacher roster, btw. You only need a GED for that!

LP

GodfatherND

The.Last.Post.

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:The.Last.Post.

T.L.P.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
KtCallista wrote:But it's not like they are teaching jobs... I'm actually on the substitute teacher roster, btw. You only need a GED for that!

LP

Apply anyway. A lot of places say they need the degree, but really, they need the degree or equivalent experience. So, apply. Doesn't hurt. And maybe they'll see your app and have something else to offer...I've gotten jobs that way before!

oh...and LP!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

GodfatherND

I got the last post.

jawsuser

GodfatherND wrote:I got the last post.

Only for five hours. LP

GodfatherND

jawsuser wrote:Only for five hours. LP

Too slow.
Last Post

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Apply anyway. A lot of places say they need the degree, but really, they need the degree or equivalent experience. So, apply. Doesn't hurt. And maybe they'll see your app and have something else to offer...I've gotten jobs that way before!

oh...and LP!

It's at the local University, degree required, pay absolute detritus.

I went and talked to my old boss today and I kinda laid into him a little about him asking me to volunteer to do the stuff the hiring committee said I wasn't "the most qualified candidate" for. He pointed me to an Americorp listing for doing my old job, more or less. We don't live on much money so I'm going to apply for it. I'm also looking at some other stuff and maybe thinking about looking into a Masters and teaching Certificate somewhere.

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:It's at the local University, degree required, pay absolute detritus.

I went and talked to my old boss today and I kinda laid into him a little about him asking me to volunteer to do the stuff the hiring committee said I wasn't "the most qualified candidate" for. He pointed me to an Americorp listing for doing my old job, more or less. We don't live on much money so I'm going to apply for it. I'm also looking at some other stuff and maybe thinking about looking into a Masters and teaching Certificate somewhere.

LP

Good for you! They shouldn't be asking you to volunteer for things they wouldn't hire you to do. Teaching certificate sounds like a good idea. Then you would be working when versions are in school and would have vacations with them. Of course that is if you are not going to school or working other jobs.
LP

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Good for you! They shouldn't be asking you to volunteer for things they wouldn't hire you to do. Teaching certificate sounds like a good idea. Then you would be working when versions are in school and would have vacations with them. Of course that is if you are not going to school or working other jobs.
LP

Yeah, I'm still not sold on it. I miss the research, but I'm also fascinated by physics/engineering. I like the idea of working to expand STEM, but I don't know if it's just because I want my own kids to have better access to it, or because that's what I really want to do.

LP

lplady

GodfatherND wrote:Too slow.
Last Post

This one is much quicker than my usual. ;P

last post

jawsuser

lplady wrote:This one is much quicker than my usual. ;P

last post

Same here. Five hours after last port. Last Post!