KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
GodfatherND wrote:Update on my father: The staph infection has been cleared, and he is finally off the ventilator. He's on his regular oxygen tubing. He is able to drink now, and his throat is healing. The pneumonia is clearing, and I'm so very grateful for miracles!

Jawsuser: I hope your father's condition is improving. I'm keeping him in my prayers.

Tennis: I hope the docs can find the correct combination of meds. Hang in there!

KtC: Enjoy the day off!

LP

Hurray! So glad for the good news!

School was rough today. The other lunch lady was really moody and any time I tried to get stuff done she mouthed off at me. Then she gives me the, "if you think I'm too old to do this you need to tell the principal to fire me" line. She's not young, but I really don't think that age is that big of a deal if a person can do a job, but the kids annoy her to no end and today we would have been on time if she'd just let some of her little things go and let me do my job too. grrrr

Oh well, may snow enough tonight that there will be no school tomorrow.

LP

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
KtCallista wrote:Oh well, may snow enough tonight that there will be no school tomorrow.

LP

We're supposed to get some really low temps this week. Snow tomorrow...low -15. I'm hibernating.

LP

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
GodfatherND wrote:We're supposed to get some really low temps this week. Snow tomorrow...low -15. I'm hibernating.

LP

Thanks for the good news about your dad. That is wonderful. Dad is okay. He is taking the antibiotics he is supposed to for the pneumonia.

Please send me some of your cold weather. Or I will ship some warm weather your way. We have been in the 70's and 80's with 85% humidity.

LP

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Thanks for the good news about your dad. That is wonderful. Dad is okay. He is taking the antibiotics he is supposed to for the pneumonia.

Please send me some of your cold weather. Or I will ship some warm weather your way. We have been in the 70's and 80's with 85% humidity.

LP

Our snow is turning to rain!!!! Hopefully, that will change overnight.

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Our snow is turning to rain!!!! Hopefully, that will change overnight.

LP

As long as it doesn't turn to ice and get really scary.

I think I will actually go to bed at a reasonable time.

So... good night last post for the evening. LP

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:As long as it doesn't turn to ice and get really scary.

I think I will actually go to bed at a reasonable time.

So... good night last post for the evening. LP

It probably will, and even better it will snow on top of it....

Goodnight

Last Post

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:It probably will, and even better it will snow on top of it....

Goodnight

Last Post

We got about 2 inches of snow today, and the roads are frozen. Luckily, we don't have to go anywhere.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:We got about 2 inches of snow today, and the roads are frozen. Luckily, we don't have to go anywhere.

LP

It rained all night and was super sunshiny today I hope jawsuser got some of our cold weay=ther and enjoyed it!

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:It rained all night and was super sunshiny today I hope jawsuser got some of our cold weay=ther and enjoyed it!

LP

Wind chills down to -55 tonight and tomorrow.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Wind chills down to -55 tonight and tomorrow.

LP

Spent most of the night talking to my dad, he gets chatty when he's on nights.

LP

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Hi all! Hoping for continued improvement in health for everyone and their families this year.

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Hi all! Hoping for continued improvement in health for everyone and their families this year.

lp

Sounds wonderful!

I need 30 more volunteers for February 16th. Trying to think of area businesses I can ask.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Sounds wonderful!

I need 30 more volunteers for February 16th. Trying to think of area businesses I can ask.

LP

churches?

Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:churches?

Last Post

Our churches aren't very active in non-church things. There will be kids from our church competing this weekend (through a 4H club), but only one of the local churches has a volunteer program. I may contact them though.

LP

lplady

My first of the month

last post.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

lplady wrote:My first of the month

last post.

lp

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

lplady

dontwantaname wrote:lp

It should be illegal to take last so quickly. I haz sadz.

lp

edit: Good night! Second lp to help it stick.

L A S T P O S T

KtCallista

lplady wrote:It should be illegal to take last so quickly. I haz sadz.

lp

edit: Good night! Second lp to help it stick.

L A S T P O S T

Checking in. Set up the free fish tank from the Kindergarten teacher (she was tired of cleaning it and I was the only parent dumb enough to sign their kid up to "win" it). New $50 filter, a gallon of vinegar, and Orc is thinking it needs a new lid since there is so much build up on the one it came with and he doesn't want to clean it. . . Oh and then we'll need fish and our own style of tank decor....

Last Post

lplady

KtCallista wrote:Checking in. Set up the free fish tank from the Kindergarten teacher (she was tired of cleaning it and I was the only parent dumb enough to sign their kid up to "win" it). New $50 filter, a gallon of vinegar, and Orc is thinking it needs a new lid since there is so much build up on the one it came with and he doesn't want to clean it. . . Oh and then we'll need fish and our own style of tank decor....

Last Post

ROFLMAO

You are correct. The "child" did win. It's you that has to do the work to get it up and running. ;)

All the work will be worth it. I'm sure the family will enjoy it for years. I currently have four tanks. Just love them and so do visitors.

Edit: Of course I'll add them into my prayers. He's never too busy to listen.

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:ROFLMAO

You are correct. The "child" did win. It's you that has to do the work to get it up and running. ;)

All the work will be worth it. I'm sure the family will enjoy it for years. I currently have four tanks. Just love them and so do visitors.

Edit: Of course I'll add them into my prayers. He's never too busy to listen.

lp

I'm loving it already and the only fish really moving is the little goldfish. I think Orc is having fun as well. We both had fish growing up. We had a 5 gallon tank before kids, but we were on a well then and didn't have lid for the tank so the fish got sick.

We never would have bought another tank. It just never would have become enough of a priority. So even if we end up replacing everything this year I'm not regretting it.

Plus since I'm planning on building a fit to wall bookcase (like a built in, but not quite)I joked about making a space big enough for the fish tank (since it doesn't have a permanent home in the house yet) and he found a fish tank that is narrower and designed to go on bookcases!

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:I'm loving it already and the only fish really moving is the little goldfish. I think Orc is having fun as well. We both had fish growing up. We had a 5 gallon tank before kids, but we were on a well then and didn't have lid for the tank so the fish got sick.

We never would have bought another tank. It just never would have become enough of a priority. So even if we end up replacing everything this year I'm not regretting it.

Plus since I'm planning on building a fit to wall bookcase (like a built in, but not quite)I joked about making a space big enough for the fish tank (since it doesn't have a permanent home in the house yet) and he found a fish tank that is narrower and designed to go on bookcases!

LP

When we lived on a farm in Colfax we had a tank. The fish kept dying so my mom threw the survivers in the watering trough. They did pretty good until the goat got one in a mouth full of water. The fish learned to stay near the bottom of the tank and the goat wouldn't drink from the trough for over a week.
LP

GodfatherND

jawsuser wrote:When we lived on a farm in Colfax we had a tank. The fish kept dying so my mom threw the survivers in the watering trough. They did pretty good until the goat got one in a mouth full of water. The fish learned to stay near the bottom of the tank and the goat wouldn't drink from the trough for over a week.
LP

Surprisingly, you can get attached to a 25-cent goldfish.

LP

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:When we lived on a farm in Colfax we had a tank. The fish kept dying so my mom threw the survivers in the watering trough. They did pretty good until the goat got one in a mouth full of water. The fish learned to stay near the bottom of the tank and the goat wouldn't drink from the trough for over a week.
LP

My Papa did similar. He had an old concrete trough he refitted as a fish tank. Worked great until it froze solid one winter. My sister and I would try to catch the fish, but they had enough algae and stuff to get away.

Godfather - I'm sure the kids are attached to the goldfish already, her (it's) name is Portia. We named the algae eater Shylock. I like him (it) much better now that he has a name.

(I don't actually know the gender of the fish, nor do I care.)

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:My Papa did similar. He had an old concrete trough he refitted as a fish tank. Worked great until it froze solid one winter. My sister and I would try to catch the fish, but they had enough algae and stuff to get away.

Godfather - I'm sure the kids are attached to the goldfish already, her (it's) name is Portia. We named the algae eater Shylock. I like him (it) much better now that he has a name.

(I don't actually know the gender of the fish, nor do I care.)

LP

The only fish we have in the house now are breaded and in the freezer.

Waiting for Lent,

LP

lplady

GodfatherND wrote:The only fish we have in the house now are breaded and in the freezer.

Waiting for Lent,

LP

Haha!

How is your dad?

lp

jawsuser

lplady wrote:Haha!

How is your dad?

lp

Sick with some bug LP.

lplady

jawsuser wrote:Sick with some bug LP.

Yuck. Hope it doesn't stick around long and hope it doesn't jump onto your dad.

lp

jawsuser

lplady wrote:Yuck. Hope it doesn't stick around long and hope it doesn't jump onto your dad.

lp

Thanks! Its been here about three days. I am avoiding dad except to test his sugar and shoot him. (Insulin - don't need to be accused of dad abuse )

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Thanks! Its been here about three days. I am avoiding dad except to test his sugar and shoot him. (Insulin - don't need to be accused of dad abuse )

Just Last Post neglect.

I hope you do not get sick as well! Not going to work overtime this week, not going to work overtime this week, not going to.... oh heck I'm going to try to go home at least.

Ver1 and Ver2 are in the traveling children's theater, so this week is nuts, next week is tournament crunch time. Panic is starting to set in.

LP

GodfatherND

Update on my father: He has been transferred to a hospital in Louisville, KY. They hope to get him off the ventilator tomorrow and work on getting rid of the pneumonia. He's been in the hospitals for 4 weeks now. He is going to need some pulminary and physical therapy before he can go back home.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Update on my father: He has been transferred to a hospital in Louisville, KY. They hope to get him off the ventilator tomorrow and work on getting rid of the pneumonia. He's been in the hospitals for 4 weeks now. He is going to need some pulminary and physical therapy before he can go back home.

LP

Praying for him. I'm sorry this is taking so long.

LP

jawsuser

GodfatherND wrote:Update on my father: He has been transferred to a hospital in Louisville, KY. They hope to get him off the ventilator tomorrow and work on getting rid of the pneumonia. He's been in the hospitals for 4 weeks now. He is going to need some pulminary and physical therapy before he can go back home.

LP

That is so hard. I am grateful that God has been merciful to me and dad. We caught his pneumonia early and thankfully he hasn't needed to go to the hospital. Praying for your dad and family.

LP

lplady

Thanks for the update Godfather. I didn't know he was in a different state than you. I can imagine that's even harder...still praying.

lp

GodfatherND

lplady wrote:Thanks for the update Godfather. I didn't know he was in a different state than you. I can imagine that's even harder...still praying.

lp

The good news is that my father is off the ventilator. Now, he's back to the regular nose tubing (I know there's a technical term for that). Now they can go after the pneumonia. One step at a time. I do believe in the power of prayer, and I thank everyone.

Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:The good news is that my father is off the ventilator. Now, he's back to the regular nose tubing (I know there's a technical term for that). Now they can go after the pneumonia. One step at a time. I do believe in the power of prayer, and I thank everyone.

Last Post

Yay for steps in the right direction!

LP

lplady

last post

KtCallista

lplady wrote:last post

Getting ready to drop my daughters off at their last rehearsal before today's two theater performances!

LP

lplady

KtCallista wrote:Getting ready to drop my daughters off at their last rehearsal before today's two theater performances!

LP

How did it all go?

laspe postest

jawsuser

lplady wrote:How did it all go?

laspe postest

Mostest Lastest Postest or LP for short.

KtCallista

lplady wrote:How did it all go?

laspe postest

Wonderfully! I ended up recording it handheld with a friend's camera, but my arm got really tired (especially with the hand pain, I couldn't work the zoom one handed or anything) so I'm not sure how watchable it will be. I did pay for the DVD though so hopefully that will be good!

They were nice enough to provide a script for Orc to read while at the performance (closest we can get to subtitling it). We gave it back since they don't even let the kids keep the scripts. My bat was adorable and my skunk very funky and fun. I think they did well, but I'm probably a bit biased.

LP