joed10303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joed10303
specvic wrote:Ah! If it wasn't 110 degrees in Phoenix I'd be all over this. I can't place a $190 bet that they will arrive unharmed. I lost 2 Spaniards last summer to the heat during shipment.
This tempranillo got me hooked!

i agree the tempranillo also hooked me !! hooked me so well that i'm willing to take a chance on summer shipping .i was hoping that twisted oak wouldnt be offered in the summer but i just love this tempranillo and i gota take a chance on summer shipping !!!

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7

I got their 3-pack last time and have yet to try one. I also went for the additional offer they included for the *%#&@!. I really enjoy it. As does everyone else who tries it. It has fruit and nice structure, but it is the herbs, spice, and earthy aromas that really makes the wine stand out.

txmusicman49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages txmusicman49

This is certainly good stuff, but my quandary is that I'll be traveling to the area next week and have already planned to visit the TO Winery and new tasting room. I'd hate to order and miss the delivery (although delivery by the end of next week is doubtful). I might just wait and pick some up at the winery and carry it back to Texas as checked luggage. What to do ElJefe?

eljefetwisted

quality posts: 45 Private Messages eljefetwisted
redwinefan wrote:el jefe, will there be any additional special offers going in the box for those who purchase this one? for my wallets sake, i kind of hope not

I have good news for your palate, but bad news for your wallet....... - jefe

Jeff Stai, Owner, Twisted Oak Winery
http://www.twistedoak.com/
http://www.facebook.com/twistedoak

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

Trying so hard to resist. It's already an expensive month. Plus a wine tasting trip in 3 week... I don't think I can bite, as badly as I want to.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
eljefetwisted wrote:I have good news for your palate, but bad news for your wallet....... - jefe

I was afraid of that!

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

JRummel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JRummel
stephdwr wrote:I'd definitely be interested in splitting! I'm in Chicago...North side.

Sending you a PM...

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
eljefetwisted wrote:I have good news for your palate, but bad news for your wallet....... - jefe

Is all the Grenache Blanc gone? I loved that one, and I wouldn't mind some more.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

eljefetwisted

redwinefan wrote:Is all the Grenache Blanc gone? I loved that one, and I wouldn't mind some more.

We do still have a couple cases available. Seriously refreshing on a hot day. - jefe

eljefetwisted

txmusicman49 wrote:This is certainly good stuff, but my quandary is that I'll be traveling to the area next week and have already planned to visit the TO Winery and new tasting room. I'd hate to order and miss the delivery (although delivery by the end of next week is doubtful). I might just wait and pick some up at the winery and carry it back to Texas as checked luggage. What to do ElJefe?

I don't know if they would be sending it out this Monday or the following Monday. You could ask them to delay it a week....

With luck we'll be installing the new cool tasting bar at the tasting room when you visit. I can hardly wait to see it in its final glory! - jefe

okiedukie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages okiedukie

Anyone in DC interested in splitting?

selquest

quality posts: 3 Private Messages selquest

I'll join the crowds expressing glee at seeing a Maryland offer - I've been missing my woot wines since I moved from NC a few years ago, but I think I'll wait for a less expensive way to jump back in. Never really been a fan of "variety packs" that load you up with multiple bottles of a wine you're not sure about yet. Give me a 3-5 bottle pack Twisted Oak & I'd love to try your wine

ksuhr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ksuhr

Woo hoo! I work in DC, and I'm about to move from DC to MD. Excited I won't have to get wine shipped to my office and then figure out how to lug it home!

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
eljefetwisted wrote:Indeed we would, and indeed it is. Site is updated so we're good to go on that. (By the way, the 2008 Parcel 17 recently earned 98 points and Best of California Red Blend at the CA State Fair...) - jefe

Hmmm...I've got some '09 on futures and '07 at home. I sense a gap that needs filling...

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

selquest

quality posts: 3 Private Messages selquest
CandaceO wrote:I am absolutely positively sure I saw Maryland on the list ONE time a couple months ago. Did anyone else??

Would've been illegal until July 1st, so I'm pretty sure you're wrong here ;)

mew5280

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mew5280

I just read this comment on the winery website: "What a stonkingly great wine!!"

Whatever "stonkingly" means, it's my new word.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mew5280 wrote:I just read this comment on the winery website: "What a stonkingly great wine!!"

As far as my googling tells me, it is British slang for impressive or wonderful.

I'm just hanging out, really.

mew5280

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mew5280
inkycatz wrote:As far as my googling tells me, it is British slang for impressive or wonderful.

How can anyone resist stonkingly good wine? See, I'm using it already!

kurtswa

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kurtswa

Been contemplating this one all day. Loved the previous Twisted Oak offer. This is a great discount. Little concerned with the shipping like others have mentioned so perhaps Wine David can use discretion as to how best and when ship these orders. No one wants to see a case of wine potentially damaged by heat.
thanks for the offer El Jefe

eljefetwisted

selquest wrote:I'll join the crowds expressing glee at seeing a Maryland offer - I've been missing my woot wines since I moved from NC a few years ago, but I think I'll wait for a less expensive way to jump back in. Never really been a fan of "variety packs" that load you up with multiple bottles of a wine you're not sure about yet. Give me a 3-5 bottle pack Twisted Oak & I'd love to try your wine

Duly noted! WD is usually after me to come up with an offer every few months. We've always done 2-3 packs but this is the first case deal. I see that a few folks have shown interest in a six pack and maybe we'll try that next. WD and I have also been knocking around an additional Twist for an offer and a sixer might just be the ticket for that. - jefe

jaredmac11

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jaredmac11

My interest is highly piqued for this wine. But this would absolutely destroy my budget (that I've been following diligently).

Would anyone in the Houston area mind splitting?

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
eljefetwisted wrote:Duly noted! WD is usually after me to come up with an offer every few months. We've always done 2-3 packs but this is the first case deal. I see that a few folks have shown interest in a six pack and maybe we'll try that next. WD and I have also been knocking around an additional Twist for an offer and a sixer might just be the ticket for that. - jefe

I endorse the "sixers" approach. Most of the time a case is more than I want, whereas a six works out nicely. And if I do want a case I can just click the "I want two" button to get the full case.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
eljefetwisted wrote:Duly noted! WD is usually after me to come up with an offer every few months. We've always done 2-3 packs but this is the first case deal. I see that a few folks have shown interest in a six pack and maybe we'll try that next. WD and I have also been knocking around an additional Twist for an offer and a sixer might just be the ticket for that. - jefe

Yea a sixer of the Spaniard would make my day!

Is greed one of the seven deadly sins?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

eljefetwisted

tytiger58 wrote:Yea a sixer of the Spaniard would make my day!

Is greed one of the seven deadly sins?

It is, but I think you're more into the whole lust and gluttony thing. Not that there's anything wrong with that. - jefe

kennyg1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kennyg1

OK, in for one... hope it gets here before my vacation!! Can't wait.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

kurtswa wrote:Been contemplating this one all day. Loved the previous Twisted Oak offer. This is a great discount. Little concerned with the shipping like others have mentioned so perhaps Wine David can use discretion as to how best and when ship these orders. No one wants to see a case of wine potentially damaged by heat.
thanks for the offer El Jefe

Discretion* is a key ingredient to our summer shipping approach (along with refrigerated trucks).

*Still wrestling with Cosentino issues.. but that is an exception.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
eljefetwisted wrote:It is, but I think you're more into the whole lust and gluttony thing. Not that there's anything wrong with that. - jefe

Your right, I guess I will just go to your website and pick up a few more spaniard's at club prices to round out this order. I have no problem with gluttony or lust

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bryte

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bryte
beckermo4 wrote:Anyone in Dallas interested in splitting?

Yes, I am.

kolen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kolen
Winedavid39 wrote:Discretion* is a key ingredient to our summer shipping approach (along with refrigerated trucks).

*Still wrestling with Cosentino issues.. but that is an exception.

Curious about the “refrigerated trucks” remark. I live in the Bay Area. On my last several orders, the “summer shipping approach” appears to have been wait until the temperature hits 100 degrees inland, and then ship the wine through a Sacramento-based hub. Do these shipments really begin their journey on a refrigerated truck? The bottles (despite sitting for several hours at a local FedEx Kinkos) are sometimes still warm to the touch. I have not noticed any protruding corks or other outwardly visible signs a shipment was cooked, but am always concerned about cellaring wine that may have been exposed to dramatic temperature swings. As far as I can tell, my extra $2 buys me some styrofoam.

knotheadusc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages knotheadusc

Wore down my resistance and made me get out my credit card... I trust I won't regret this decision. I almost never do.

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

Still no one in Minneapolis/St. Paul wanting to go halfsies? I would really like to go in on this, but HWWLTBO (he who would like to be obeyed) would tip over if I said I have another case of reds on the way.

ChangoSHK

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ChangoSHK

Estimado Jefe,

I wish I could spring for this offer, but budget and space don't allow it this month.

If nothing else, it got me to open your 2006 Tempranillo just now and... mmmm.

I hope you can offer a case or sixer in the near future.

El Chango

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

Hey el jefe--that bacon bread pudding sounds tantalizing... bacon, bread what's not to love. You will have to share the recipe when you get it!

Eastcoastmary

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eastcoastmary
eljefetwisted wrote:hi Mary - We applied for our MD permit as soon as we could, so yes we can ship there! Welcome to the direct shipping club!

- jefe

yes, a whole new world has opened up to us Marylanders, very exciting.

Eastcoastmary

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eastcoastmary

the button is starting to bounce so if you've been on the fence, time to jump off

cyclebex

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cyclebex
eljefetwisted wrote:My site wasn't, but wine.woot is. Anyway, I updated our site. - jefe

Thanks! I can't swing this deal, but thought I would check out a single bottle with my birthday money!

LucyT

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LucyT
mew5280 wrote:I just read this comment on the winery website: "What a stonkingly great wine!!"

Ummm....Impressive Artillery Bombardment.

Since then it has transmogrified into slang for "great". Grin

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice
bryte wrote:Yes, I am.

I think they may have hooked up on a split. But I would be willing to go in with you. Sent you a PM.

Z

eljefetwisted

tytiger58 wrote:Your right, I guess I will just go to your website and pick up a few more spaniard's at club prices to round out this order. I have no problem with gluttony or lust

You are our kind of people! - jefe

MichaelWB

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MichaelWB
zmanonice wrote:I think they may have hooked up on a split. But I would be willing to go in with you. Sent you a PM.

Z

I offered but havent heard anything.
If you get "stuck" with a full case Z i would love to split with you.. sending PM about this also.