pikapi88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pikapi88

I got this email today. California Wine Club intro offer. 4 wines for $32, free shipping, and free wine tote thing.

Have you ever tried this club? The intro deal itself sounds great. Thinking of trying it...

http://www.vinesse.com/juiceem0611a/index.cfm?src=juiceem0611

Our Blog
www.teachuswine.com
Our drink as we learn adventure

Cocontom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Cocontom
twowootthree wrote:if you are having voucher withdrawals, wine insiders vouchers are almost always available.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/wineinsiders-modesto-calif

Do they have anything worthwhile? I bought a $75 gift certificate from Groupon for $5 ($20 new customer discount that was expiring)- I figured for that discount I couldn't go that far wrong. I am waiting until fall to order though.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
Cocontom wrote:Do they have anything worthwhile? I bought a $75 gift certificate from Groupon for $5 ($20 new customer discount that was expiring)- I figured for that discount I couldn't go that far wrong. I am waiting until fall to order though.

They're pretty crap but now and then they have nice wine, like Davis, or a barolo. mostly dreck however. can't go wrogn for a fiver, though they might make you pay shipping or tax. I think i got away with about $2 tax.

ntoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ntoc

Thanks Jeff. I'm in the same boat as you. Too bad they have such low inventory.

Here is the another voucher. Groupon Bakersfield is having 50% off for cellar360.com.

Cellar360 has a small selection and the sale limits to even a smaller selection. Prices are too high for me.

---
Nathan

pikapi88

ntoc wrote:Yeah, shipping is high for other states. It's $9 for me in CA. Still high for 1 bottle. The good thing is that you can use the credit for shipping. Lot18 has the best voucher program. You can combine them.

By the way, to get the $5 credit to TIPPR, you need to click on the link and sign up first before making your purchase.

I was reading their terms and they do not replace cooked wine. I did biy a voucher but I think I will wait until later to use it if I can. I am in Florida. I do think the wine would make it.

IN regards to princeofwine.com

Our Blog
www.teachuswine.com

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows

Just purchased today's Living Social deal for my area. Should I add that to the list or just paste the link in here?

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Can someone who purchased the living social deal confirm that it only works on that small subset of wines? I would love to use it on a bottle of penfolds grandfather port but I believe that is off limits.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

pikapi88

InShadows wrote:Just purchased today's Living Social deal for my area. Should I add that to the list or just paste the link in here?

What is the deal?

Our Blog
www.teachuswine.com

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows
pikapi88 wrote:What is the deal?

Today's Living Social deal for our area is a wine tasting at Paradise Springs in Clifton, VA. You can either select just a wine tasting for $17 or a wine tour/class which includes a tasting and pairing with the winemaker for $49.

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cmaldoon wrote:Can someone who purchased the living social deal confirm that it only works on that small subset of wines? I would love to use it on a bottle of penfolds grandfather port but I believe that is off limits.

You'll need to specify where the deal is for anyone to help you with that. The deals are different all over the country.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Does anyone have any thoughts about the 2008 BOYANCI InSpire Cabernet Sauvignon on lot18?

I do love free shipping... but, I'm going into voucher withdrawal already

jmdavidson

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jmdavidson

I reviewed CT, as I'm sure you did. Note that "winelover282" signed on for one day with a raving review. Highly suspicious!

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
ntoc wrote:Found a new voucher. TIPPR has a 50% off voucher for Princeofwine.com $70 for $35. Princeofwine has a limited, but nice selection of wines.

Use my referral link below and you'll get $5 credits. I get $5 too once you purchase.

http://tippr.com/i/padfsLV6/l/

If the link didn't take you to the deal (it did not for me), then switch the city to New York to see the deal.

Have fun!

Thanks for the heads up, I jumped in on this (you should get the $5 credit). I've been wanting to try some of the Ehlers Estate Cabernet Sauvignon One Twenty Over Eighty for a while and this makes it a better price then I can find anywhere, even with shipping and tax (which I'd have to pay anywhere else, except woot

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac
jmdavidson wrote:I reviewed CT, as I'm sure you did. Note that "winelover282" signed on for one day with a raving review. Highly suspicious!

Agreed. Thanks for pointing that out.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Oops I guess I wasn't specific enough. I am wondering if anyone has tried to use the cellar 360 ($35 for $70 of wine and glassware) groupon for anything other than their limited "Sale selection" on their site. I would love to use a coupon on a bottle of penfolds grandfather port but don't know if it will work.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

pikapi88

Can any of you tell me if you have tried the following wines makers?

Mountain View Winesin California

They have a groupon $46 for 4 bttles of wine. 2 Cab and 2 Chardonnays or 2 Pinots and @ Chardonnays. Shipping included

And this one in Idaho

George IV wines

They have $40 for $100 shipping not included but their wine seems pricey.

Our Blog
www.teachuswine.com

tourette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tourette
ntoc wrote:Sorry Jeff, but I got the 94 Lynch Bages. I didn't get the 2000 Quinault because it wasn't a good deal. After the shipping and voucher, it comes out to be around $55. BP has it for $50 with $9 shipping to CA. They have 1 left.

Is it possible to combine those vouchers for princeofwine?

Ah, well good job! That was probably the best deal they had for Bordeaux. And you're right, the Fieuzal was a much better deal than the Quinault.

I don't think you can combine them, but you could have ordered twice putting in a gift certificate code each time. I'd buy another if somebody else offered them...

Jeff

chukon99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chukon99

livingsocial has a deal (spend $30, get $60) for tastingroom.com

http://livingsocial.com/deals/81771-60-to-spend-on-wine

Anyone have experience with them? I'm considering this, but am not sure whether the sample packs are really worth it. Looks like most include six 50ml bottles for $20-40, but I don't know how much they charge for shipping.

ntoc

tourette wrote:Ah, well good job! That was probably the best deal they had for Bordeaux. And you're right, the Fieuzal was a much better deal than the Quinault.

I don't think you can combine them, but you could have ordered twice putting in a gift certificate code each time. I'd buy another if somebody else offered them...

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! I think the limit for this was 5. I bought a few. By the way, if you ever make it to southern Cali some day, let's get together and open that Lynch Bages... if I didn't open it already

---
Nathan

trevindalton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trevindalton
ntoc wrote:Well, here is my referral link for the Buywithme deal.

$70 for $35 at Wine.com

Buywithme.com also has a voucher for Wine.com, but it's $35 for $70. The deal is in Washington, DC.

Smartheart posted first.

I re-posted an old spreadsheet to keep track of this....your voucher is free with 3 purchases. Here is link:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&hl=en&key=tsdhKsCGTyPDJPKT1msIyUQ&authkey=CPTh0sMJ#gid=0

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
trevindalton wrote:I re-posted an old spreadsheet to keep track of this....your voucher is free with 3 purchases. Here is link:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&hl=en&key=tsdhKsCGTyPDJPKT1msIyUQ&authkey=CPTh0sMJ#gid=0

Thanks for doing this. It looks like the bloomspot and the buywithme vouchers are separate deals right? So we can purchase both I think.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz
redwinefan wrote:Thanks for doing this. It looks like the bloomspot and the buywithme vouchers are separate deals right? So we can purchase both I think.

They may be separate deals, but wine.com only allows for the use of one voucher at a time so it would have to be two separate orders paying shipping on each unfortunately.

redwinefan

LSlipetz wrote:They may be separate deals, but wine.com only allows for the use of one voucher at a time so it would have to be two separate orders paying shipping on each unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure they are still running a promo on stewardship (check the deals thread) which you can actually pay for with one of the vouchers which will give you free shipping on all your purchases for a year after you pay for the steward ship.

trevindalton

redwinefan wrote:Thanks for doing this. It looks like the bloomspot and the buywithme vouchers are separate deals right? So we can purchase both I think.

I think that is right, however you will probably still have to make your purchases in separate transactions. I don't think wine.com allows the "layering" of vouchers.

Also, FYI, you can cash in your Buy with Me voucher quite quickly...maybe 15 or 20 minutes after purchase. I was able to pick up 3 bottles of 92 rated (Spectator and Parker) Valdisanti Toscana (retail around 40) for 22.98 a bottle. All in all, about 16 bucks a bottle, shipped. Here is the link for that italian red http://www.wine.com/v6/wineshop/Detail.aspx?product_id=109049.

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz
redwinefan wrote:I'm pretty sure they are still running a promo on stewardship (check the deals thread) which you can actually pay for with one of the vouchers which will give you free shipping on all your purchases for a year after you pay for the steward ship.

That may be worth it then.

trevindalton

redwinefan wrote:I'm pretty sure they are still running a promo on stewardship (check the deals thread) which you can actually pay for with one of the vouchers which will give you free shipping on all your purchases for a year after you pay for the steward ship.

As far as I can tell, the stewardship deal is over. Looks to be back up to 49 bucks.

redwinefan

LSlipetz wrote:That may be worth it then.

It looks like the deal code on steward ship has expired. Without the discount, it costs $49 for a year. They regularly run promos to get it in the $25 range.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
trevindalton wrote:I re-posted an old spreadsheet to keep track of this....your voucher is free with 3 purchases. Here is link:

Originally wasn't going to do this one, but didn't know at the time it was one of those (get 3 to buy, get it free sites) and since I did just get the Steward-Ship membership with that coupon the other day, figured this would be a good one to get...especially if I can get mine free.

And just so everyone knows, this deal is up there for 6 days. So there's plenty of time for a rather large number of people to get it free, if people start getting it. *nudge* *nudge*

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

trevindalton

ntoc wrote:Well, here is my referral link for the Buywithme deal.

$70 for $35 at Wine.com

Buywithme.com also has a voucher for Wine.com, but it's $35 for $70. The deal is in Washington, DC.

Smartheart posted first.

NToc, I posted your link first on the spreadsheet. You have 3 referrals now, so your deal should be free. You can probably check your account

redwinefan

trevindalton wrote:
Also, FYI, you can cash in your Buy with Me voucher quite quickly...maybe 15 or 20 minutes after purchase. I was able to pick up 3 bottles of 92 rated (Spectator and Parker) Valdisanti Toscana (retail around 40) for 22.98 a bottle. All in all, about 16 bucks a bottle, shipped. Here is the link for that italian red http://www.wine.com/v6/wineshop/Detail.aspx?product_id=109049.

The Bloomspot voucher came through within an hour as well. Hmmm... gonna have to do some wine shopping.

redwinefan

I just tried to use my BuyWithMe voucher, but it looks like wine.com won't accept them until tomorrow.

trevindalton

redwinefan wrote:I just tried to use my BuyWithMe voucher, but it looks like wine.com won't accept them until tomorrow.

I used mine without any trouble. If you are trying to use the bloom one, you have to remove the dashes from the code.

redwinefan

trevindalton wrote:I used mine without any trouble. If you are trying to use the bloom one, you have to remove the dashes from the code.

Mine still isn't working. I'll try again tomorrow since it says it isn't valid until then, and I'll write customer service if it still causes me trouble.

ntoc

trevindalton wrote:NToc, I posted your link first on the spreadsheet. You have 3 referrals now, so your deal should be free. You can probably check your account

Thanks for doing the spreadsheet. Sorry, I was not able to respond when I'm at work. Buywithme confirmed 3 referrals, and they will refund the amount they charged. Thank you all for the referrals.

Your recommendation on the wine was a good one. Too bad it's sold out now.

---
Nathan

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
ntoc wrote:I thought you had the referral link, and I was going to use it. What happened?

I was posting a link to a different deal I had come across...but then saw the deal was going to expire in about 6 (sleeping) hours. (And I was having trouble posting it anyway!)

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

trevindalton

I am not sure why more people aren't jumping on this wine.com deal through Buy With Me...I guess they are being patient and waiting for the Lot 18 dream vouchers. Remember folks, even though wine.com has shipping prices that average about 5 bucks a bottle on 3 bottles, these deals are free when you get 3 referrals and the spreadsheet is live (above link). It's a not brainer and wine.com actually has some pretty good buys from time to time...a lot of 40-50% off deals on well known and boutique labels.

redwinefan

Finally got my voucher to work. If you have steward ship, you can ship overnight for a very reasonable amount (4 bottles for $10)

HitAnyKey42

redwinefan wrote:Finally got my voucher to work. If you have steward ship, you can ship overnight for a very reasonable amount (4 bottles for $10)

I need to start trying to decide what I want as my next to orders (now that I have two vouchers to use up). I'd like to find a good rated Tempranillo in the $60-70 range to use the voucher on, so right now I'm considering the '07 Numanthia Toro even though they don't have any current sale price on it. They don't seem to have any good sale prices on any Tempranillo. So just gotta pick one that's not on sale since my voucher essentially does the same effect.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

redwinefan

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I need to start trying to decide what I want as my next to orders (now that I have two vouchers to use up). I'd like to find a good rated Tempranillo in the $60-70 range to use the voucher on, so right now I'm considering the '07 Numanthia Toro even though they don't have any current sale price on it. They don't seem to have any good sale prices on any Tempranillo. So just gotta pick one that's not on sale since my voucher essentially does the same effect.

I don't know about single bottles for $60-$70, but this one seems to have a good discount (even when checking CT) and RP gives it a 92:

http://www.wine.com/V6/Artadi-Vinas-de-Gain-2007/wine/102749/detail.aspx

HitAnyKey42

redwinefan wrote:I don't know about single bottles for $60-$70, but this one seems to have a good discount (even when checking CT) and RP gives it a 92:

http://www.wine.com/V6/Artadi-Vinas-de-Gain-2007/wine/102749/detail.aspx

Yeah, I saw that one too and have added it to my list of possibles. The main reason I'm looking for the single bottles is because of the volume of $20-30 wines I already have, I'd rather be acquiring a smaller quantity of the bigger and longer aging wines than a couple $30 wines.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings