MichaelWB


quality posts: 6 Private Messages MichaelWB

I still havent bought anything but arent holding out hope they give me another free credit for the same thing.

pikapi88


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pikapi88

I have not tried this wine but thought what the heck.

Groupon has a voucher for OneHope wine. Spend $45 get a $100 credit. Probably get 4-5 bottles so I can live if I don't love it.



Our Blog
www.teachuswine.com
Our drink as we learn adventure

bkrupski


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkrupski
wayne82 wrote:Man it said they were running it for a day. And I had 2 people lined up to buy for me this evening

When does their +25 dollar tick in, after the product gets to the purchasers? Anyone else have any experience with reffering someone to buy



You actually get the $25 referral credit when your referee gets their shipped email with tracking number. An interesting question is what happens if your referee says don't ship it until October...

Cesare


quality posts: 1650 Private Messages Cesare

Invino voucher (sort-of).
Every $50 gift card purchased gets you $10 in credit. Link

No promotional code required; Insider credits will appear in your account within 48 hours of Gift Card order. Insider credits may be applied to any wines and have no expiration date. Credits may not be applied to shipping, taxes or previous orders. Special promotion valid on all Gift Cards valued at $50 or more, through June 19th, 2011 11;59pm PST. $50 GCs earn $10 Insider credit; $100 GCs earn $15 Insider credit; $150 GC's earn $20 Insider credit; $200+ GCs earn $25 Insider credit.
-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

random122


quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
Cesare wrote:Invino voucher (sort-of).
Every $50 gift card purchased gets you $10 in credit. Link



Seems like their numbers are a bit funky. Better to buy two $50 gift cards than one $100 one.

wayne82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wayne82
pikapi88 wrote:I have not tried this wine but thought what the heck.

Groupon has a voucher for OneHope wine. Spend $45 get a $100 credit. Probably get 4-5 bottles so I can live if I don't love it.

Groupon Roanoke OneHope Wine!



Seems messed up. Somehow all the comments about the wines are amazing and they all are around the same time.

Could be a dead ringer for overpriced wine that they sell with just the idea of a small amount goes to charity. And they remove negative comments?

The Oberon Cab is an ok wine, I have had before. Maybe 85 points with the ability to age 6-7 years. Tannic oaky and a little green are what my notes say

45 dollars for 100 not too bad u may be able to make it work

klezman


quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
Cesare wrote:Invino voucher (sort-of).
Every $50 gift card purchased gets you $10 in credit. Link



Yeah, I saw that. I was wondering if it would work to buy a card and then insert that credit into my account

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

pikapi88


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pikapi88
wayne82 wrote:Seems messed up. Somehow all the comments about the wines are amazing and they all are around the same time.

Could be a dead ringer for overpriced wine that they sell with just the idea of a small amount goes to charity. And they remove negative comments?

The Oberon Cab is an ok wine, I have had before. Maybe 85 points with the ability to age 6-7 years. Tannic oaky and a little green are what my notes say

45 dollars for 100 not too bad u may be able to make it work



I would not be surprised if there were some "formatting" of comments. I do not know the company so I can't judge. But it is not often (ever?) that a wine is just loved by everyone.

Our Blog
www.teachuswine.com
Our drink as we learn adventure

richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
wayne82 wrote:Seems messed up. Somehow all the comments about the wines are amazing and they all are around the same time.

Could be a dead ringer for overpriced wine that they sell with just the idea of a small amount goes to charity. And they remove negative comments?

The Oberon Cab is an ok wine, I have had before. Maybe 85 points with the ability to age 6-7 years. Tannic oaky and a little green are what my notes say

45 dollars for 100 not too bad u may be able to make it work



Is the onehope related to Oberon?

Anyway, I last year an 07 Oberon last year, and it was the flattest, dullest, flabbiest POS i'd ever tasted. They're up on Rue La La today or tomorrow. I won't be buying.

LSlipetz


quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz
redwinefan wrote:I purchased the voucher and got my code, but it doesn't seem to work yet unfortunately. I might give them a call tomorrow if I'm still having a problem.



Careful if you bought two. I didnt read the fine print very well You can only use one code per account. So unfortunately I had to set my wife up with a code and then pay for shipping on both orders. Oh well, still saved some money.

**EDIT** By the way, glad this came up. I usually am looking to spend some dough on a woot off and with all this Cosentino crap coming up, glad another outlet presented itself for me to drop some cash

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

I finally got my wine.com voucher to work and purchased two bottles of the Spring Valley Frederick Estate Red 2007 for a total of $42 (including voucher cost). I have steward ship on wine.com, so no shipping fees. Really great deal on a wine I've been wanting to try.

Thanks to the OP.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

pikapi88


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pikapi88
richardhod wrote:Is the onehope related to Oberon?

Anyway, I last year an 07 Oberon last year, and it was the flattest, dullest, flabbiest POS i'd ever tasted. They're up on Rue La La today or tomorrow. I won't be buying.



Thanks for letting me know. I will stay away from that.

Our Blog
www.teachuswine.com
Our drink as we learn adventure

richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
pikapi88 wrote:Thanks for letting me know. I will stay away from that.



no probs. A proviso: do remember that winetasting is personal. IF you like fruit bombs, you may find it palatable. And it's possible I had a bad bottle.

Rather than just take it from me, go and have a look at reviews, and comments the cellartracker and read between the ines of the reviews. Can you work out what the tastes and sophistication of the reviewers are from the reviews? IF you look at their other reviews, and compare a bunch, you often can.

It's one way I improve my nowledge and understanding of how others taste compared to me, and whether I might look to stretching my understanding in their direction, or ignoring their ignorant prattlings!

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
richardhod wrote:no probs. A proviso: do remember that winetasting is personal. IF you like fruit bombs, you may find it palatable. And it's possible I had a bad bottle.

Rather than just take it from me, go and have a look at reviews, and comments the cellartracker and read between the ines of the reviews. Can you work out what the tastes and sophistication of the reviewers are from the reviews? IF you look at their other reviews, and compare a bunch, you often can.

It's one way I improve my nowledge and understanding of how others taste compared to me, and whether I might look to stretching my understanding in their direction, or ignoring their ignorant prattlings!



Makes me wonder which category my reviews come under. Hopefully the good side give you're a "Fan"

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
cmaldoon wrote:Makes me wonder which category my reviews come under. Hopefully the good side give you're a "Fan"



ha ha.. well you are likely to be safe, given I filter out the complete humans... although I do follow some whose palates I don't rate or whose tastes diverge from mine, so that I can see their lower ratings might mean it's nicely elegant, and if they review something positively I'm sure to be a little more careful 8-)

ntoc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ntoc
redwinefan wrote:I finally got my wine.com voucher to work and purchased two bottles of the Spring Valley Frederick Estate Red 2007 for a total of $42 (including voucher cost). I have steward ship on wine.com, so no shipping fees. Really great deal on a wine I've been wanting to try.

Thanks to the OP.




I have steward ship as well. Got myself some Bordeaux. Thanks for using my referral link. I missed that $5 code that bkrupski posted.

---
Nathan

bkrupski


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkrupski
ntoc wrote:I have steward ship as well. Got myself some Bordeaux. Thanks for using my referral link. I missed that $5 code that bkrupski posted.



I'll definitely take a look at Spring Valley Frederick Estate Red 2007. Any other specific wines people recommend that are on wine.com?

hunterjaydog


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hunterjaydog

Lot18 free shipping until 7:30pm tonight. One hour only. Advertised via facebook.

iByron


quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
hunterjaydog wrote:Lot18 free shipping until 7:30pm tonight. One hour only. Advertised via facebook.



Wish they'd do this when they have something I want.

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

trevindalton


quality posts: 0 Private Messages trevindalton
bkrupski wrote:I'll definitely take a look at Spring Valley Frederick Estate Red 2007. Any other specific wines people recommend that are on wine.com?



Frog's Leap CAbernet @29.99 a bottle is hard to pass up.

bkrupski


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkrupski
trevindalton wrote:Frog's Leap CAbernet @29.99 a bottle is hard to pass up.



Thanks, i'll take a loom at that too. I did pick this one up. I've never had it but the winery as well as the wine look promising at a decent price.

2005 Casa Lapostolle Syrah Cuvée Alexandre Las Kuras Vineyard

hunterjaydog


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hunterjaydog

Lot18 having an "event" today. Via Facebook:

Our first Wine Friday event is happening today, with amazing offers for several extremely limited quantity wines. It will only run from 1-4 pm Eastern time or until sold out, so check in early!

Not sure what it entails.

Edit- nothing there to blow my socks off.

MichaelWB


quality posts: 6 Private Messages MichaelWB
hunterjaydog wrote:Lot18 having an "event" today. Via Facebook:

Our first Wine Friday event is happening today, with amazing offers for several extremely limited quantity wines. It will only run from 1-4 pm Eastern time or until sold out, so check in early!

Not sure what it entails.

Edit- nothing there to blow my socks off.



Here it is..4 bottles...3 hours

2008 Del Fava Sonoma County Zinfandel Duo - $37.99

2008 Effort Pinot Noir Duo - $35.99

and the two Im interested in..

2009 L'Écume Oregon Pinot Noir Duo - $24.99

2006 Veraison Stagecoach Vineyard Cabernet Magnum - $89.99

Cesare


quality posts: 1650 Private Messages Cesare

Of course I get the email at 4:11pm. Nice.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

smartheart


quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

lot18 ZERO shipping 2-5pm today


"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

RRichmo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages RRichmo
smartheart wrote:lot18 ZERO shipping 2-5pm today



To my eyes, they've been offering frequent free shipping, with little product to make it worth taking advantage of. Scant, if any, CT notes, at any rate.

tourette


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tourette
RRichmo wrote:To my eyes, they've been offering frequent free shipping, with little product to make it worth taking advantage of. Scant, if any, CT notes, at any rate.



Yup, I've been sitting on my credits for awhile now. Does anyone know when they're supposed to start offering liquor? And will it include things like Scotch? That would be worth waiting for.

I keep getting impatient and considering just blowing my credits on something random and be the first one to post a note on CT. But there must be more good wines coming (or maybe they'll bring back the L'Ecole or Monprivato!).

Jeff

trevindalton


quality posts: 0 Private Messages trevindalton
tourette wrote:Yup, I've been sitting on my credits for awhile now. Does anyone know when they're supposed to start offering liquor? And will it include things like Scotch? That would be worth waiting for.

I keep getting impatient and considering just blowing my credits on something random and be the first one to post a note on CT. But there must be more good wines coming (or maybe they'll bring back the L'Ecole or Monprivato!).

Jeff



Bring back the L'Ecole! I second!

bud8jr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
trevindalton wrote:Bring back the L'Ecole! I second!





L'Ecole Nº41 Tasting

This Friday

·

·

·

This Celebrated Winery

Brings Their Critically

Acclaimed Wines to The Barn.



What You Will Taste This Friday:



· L'Ecole Nº41 Luminesce 2009 Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon Blend

91 Points last vintage.

A blend of Semillon (67%) and Sauvignon Blanc (33%), pale, straw-yellow wine has aromas of peach, pineapple and dried herbs.

"Juicy, spicy, dry and firm, with good spicy,floral,herbal intensity.

The persistent finish features good grip and flavor authority.



· L'Ecole Nº41 2009 Chardonnay,

Columbia Valley

91 Points Wine Enthusiast.

This is pure Chardonnay, from cool-climate sites, showing a lean, sculpted spine that both defines and expands the flavors. Exceptionally complex for Washington Chardonnay, with good natural acidity, a mix of peach, apple and pineapple fruit, and a finish that shows tight layering. There is a dense core that should unravel with bottle age; this is that rare Washington Chardonnay that will prosper with cellaring.



· L'Ecole Nº41 2007 Merlot Columbia Valley

91 PointsWine Enthusiast.

81% Merlot, 11% Cabernet Franc, 5% Petit Verdot, 3% Cabernet Sauvignon.

Rich with pretty aromatic aromas of nutmeg, clove and spice, this dark and brooding Merlot shows black cherry, blackberry, and earthy dark fruit flavors encased in a peppery, cocoa, toasty finish.


· L'Ecole Nº41 2007 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Walla Walla.

93 Points Wine Enthusiast

WE 93 points, WS 92 points, and WA 91 points. "The purple/black 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon Walla Walla Valley was aged for 22 months in 40% new French oak. It delivers an excellent nose of balsam wood, leather, violets, black cherry, and blackberry. Round, plush, and friendly on the palate with nicely concealed fine-grained tannin, it should continue to blossom for several more years and offer a drinking window extending through 2022."



· L'Ecole Nº41 2008 Reserve Syrah,

Walla Walla.

91 Points Wine Enthusiast.

This Seven Hills Vineyard Estate Syrah is loaded with dark spicy peppery aromas of leather, tobacco, and earth. The rich mid-palate shows flavors of ripe plum, jam, and dense blackberry that give way to a concentrated and unrelenting earthy mineral finish.



· 2007 Apogee Pepper Bridge Vineyard, WallaWalla

94 Points Robert Parker.

The fruit for the 2007 Apogee Pepper Bridge Vineyard matured 2 weeks later than the Seven Hills fruit. Aromas of toasty oak, tobacco, leather, Asian spices, black currant, and black cherry leads to a more structured offering that will require 4-6 years of cellaring. Well-balanced, intense, and mouth-filling, it will amply reward those with patience. According to the Wine Spectator: Polished, vibrant and distinctive for the guava accents around a supple core of cherry and spice, all of it lingering as the finish revs up. Shows some cedar notes as well. This one has pizzazz. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec and Cabernet Franc.

.

.

.



All Paired With TWB

Charcuterie & Cheese.

Try Some of

Our New Arrivals!!

· Roaring Forties Blue - Tasmania ·

· Chevrette, Goat's Milk Gouda ·

· Finocchiona, 90 Day Dry Aged Salumi ·

· Olde Hearth "Fresh Bread Fridays" Semolina & Truffled Virgin Oil ·

·

·

·

All For Only $20!!!

This Friday 6 to 8pm

Only 18 Tickets Will Be Sold.

Call Now to Reserve Yours!!!

407-704-8816


Just got this today for an event in orlando. The 2007 cab lot18 had back in feb was not a reserve, but about $10 a bottle after vouchers. Dont know what http://www.thewinebarn.net/ price is as its not on their site.


tourette


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tourette

After reading an interesting thread on the WB board about Ispiri wines, I decided to bite on one (free shipping this morning!).

Here was Ken Zinns' note on the 2007:
"2007 “Maylena,” Alexander Valley: 88% Merlot, 12% Cabernet Sauvignon.Medium-dark color, showingblack cherry and raspberry fruit, with dashes of pepper and vanilla/oak. On the palate, this has very good acidity and balance, with almost dusty tannins on the finish. Very nice, with appealing upfront fruit plus the structure for cellar aging."

Might be a good use of some of your vouchers.

Jeff

j0rdantay10r


quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0rdantay10r

jmdavidson


quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
j0rdantay10r wrote:



So, I guess you are a person of few words!

j0rdantay10r


quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0rdantay10r
jmdavidson wrote:So, I guess you are a person of few words!



I miss vouchers...and I think everyone here can sympathize when this thread goes more than a week without a new post!

smartheart


quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
j0rdantay10r wrote:I miss vouchers...and I think everyone here can sympathize when this thread goes more than a week without a new post!



I'll vouch for that.

Wonder if we've seen the last of the lot18 vouchers.


"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

ntoc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ntoc

Although we haven't seen the vouchers show up anywhere, it has just been a month. This might be a test to see if Lot18 can be sustained without the voucher program. Also, they are using their funds for other promotions currently, such as free shipping and contests.

To me personally, I see their service quality went down. Initially, I would receive excessively worded emails responding to my simple question or request. Now, I just received one word emails such as "Ok" and "Confirmed".

If they are not going to bring back the voucher program, I hope they at least lower their pricing on their offerings. Without the vouchers, their offers are not that much below retail.

---
Nathan

michaepf


quality posts: 20 Private Messages michaepf
ntoc wrote:Although we haven't seen the vouchers show up anywhere, it has just been a month. This might be a test to see if Lot18 can be sustained without the voucher program. Also, they are using their funds for other promotions currently, such as free shipping and contests.

To me personally, I see their service quality went down. Initially, I would receive excessively worded emails responding to my simple question or request. Now, I just received one word emails such as "Ok" and "Confirmed".

If they are not going to bring back the voucher program, I hope they at least lower their pricing on their offerings. Without the vouchers, their offers are not that much below retail.



Yeah, the service has definitely declined, but I imagine that they're working on hiring another CS person.

As for better deals... how about $42/lb for milk chocolate? Jeez...

My Cellar, totally out of date. Useful, I know.

twowootthree


quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree

if you are having voucher withdrawals, wine insiders vouchers are almost always available.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/wineinsiders-modesto-calif

hesnctrl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hesnctrl
twowootthree wrote:if you are having voucher withdrawals, wine insiders vouchers are almost always available.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/wineinsiders-modesto-calif



That just makes me miss Lot18 vouchers even more.

hunterjaydog


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hunterjaydog

Not Lot18 but...
Oriel Wines has $59 for 6 wines, shipping included.

https://www.thedealist.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=826&Itemid=43


"Today's deal gets gets you (6) bottles of fine wine from Oriel Wines for $59 (normally $240 incl. shipping). This special basket includes some of Oriel's finest wines: (1) bottle of the Dylan '04 chardonnay, (1) bottle of the Jasper pinot noir, (1) Il Gattopardo '04, (1) VQM red wine from Chile, (1) Palio Italian red, and (1) Iconic '05. Shipping and handling is free within the continental U.S. Once purchased, your order must be placed by June 30, 2012."


pikapi88


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pikapi88
hesnctrl wrote:That just makes me miss Lot18 vouchers even more.



Man I know, I am all out of credits and wish I had bought more. I feel their offers keep getting better.

Our Blog
www.teachuswine.com
Our drink as we learn adventure