richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

This is a new forum, "Vouchers and Meta-Deals for Wine sites etc." for the deals that get us discounts to wine sites. Sort of Meta-deals. Competitions, vouchers, anything which takes up huge converation space as people want to share their referring power without annoying TPTB.

This is to take unwanted traffic away from and separate it out from the " New Deals on Other Wine and Accessories" forum, which it will tie in closely with, I'm sure.

Paste over your conversations, hone your spreadsheets like Cheron98's and let the "savings" begin!

richardhod

hunterjaydog wrote:
Last Bottle Wines site is up. http://www.lastbottlewines.com
Heitz Cellar 2001 Martha's Vineyard for $79. Nothing that I see that sets them apart from any other wine flash site.

Froboy409 said:

Agreed, isn't this basically WTSO? A few thoughts:

1) If you add the current offer to your cart (Heitz Cellar), there is a 12 bottle limit. Is it a little strange that they're limiting the size of orders?

2) The "invite friends" sign-up bonus is $20 for the inviter and $5 for the invitee upon first purchase. That is at least a little innovative.

3) I both like and don't like the "2% back" gimmick. Yes, getting money back is nice, but I'd rather a further 2% discount was applied to the price of the wine rather than requiring I come back and purchase more wine in order to obtain the benefit.

4) The $25 credit for purchasing the "last bottle" is pretty cool

richardhod

tourette wrote:Is there an opportunity to start another spreadsheet, where people can sign up via other's referral links, get $20, and then after 4 referrals you get a free bottle of Martha's Vineyard?

Or would the need to make a purchase to get the referral bonus complicate that? I'm in if its feasible.

Jeff

richardhod wrote:Tourette, I used your warping Battlefield Earth (2000) Jatravartid bastard boghog warper digital wach link

:D

Didn't buy, as it's a PArkery red (And might be the guys features in Mondovino, or am I wrong?) Johnson's sniffy about them too But hope they'll have other stuff.

for some reason they'd deleted my email or login since the competition, even though I get emails from them. I got $5. you got $20?

We should have a spreadsheet for referral links, as each subsequent person can make money, and it's nicely shared. How do you work out what your link is anyway?

fcherena wrote:Same thing happened to me regarding the email login deletion. Also used Tourette's Battlefield Earth (2000) warp damn digital wach Jatravartid link, and got the $5.

;)

klezman wrote:
I got my link by sending an invite to myself at my work address. I'm not sure if I'll want to buy in the near future since the price point is (understandably) higher than I'm used to paying. For that kind of cash I'm more interested if they can get some French or Italian stuff.

richardhod wrote:Ah good, you did have it.. hadn't seen you in here! YEs, I did that. Looking at the guys I think it comes out with a last alphaumeric string like b849e0a7949df4bb2b24c00e4e00142fbc57b37d which is unique to everyone, but the first part is the same. We'd probably indeed not post links here, though.

icarus8 wrote:And I am itching for a new livingsocial voucher deal. I somehow missed the last one.

icarus8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icarus8

cool. now all we need is a new voucher offer and we'll be all set.

murrayd222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murrayd222
icarus8 wrote:cool. now all we need is a new voucher offer and we'll be all set.

I agree, I scavenged all my sources since the parents site deal and NOTHING

No referral linking please.

hunterjaydog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hunterjaydog
murrayd222 wrote:I agree, I scavenged all my sources since the parents site deal and NOTHING

I just saw that KGB deals had a 20/40 deal last week. Not too many people bought in, but don't know how I missed it.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
hunterjaydog wrote:I just saw that KGB deals had a 20/40 deal last week. Not too many people bought in, but don't know how I missed it.

About a week ago I did an extensive Google search for RECENT past Lot 18 deals.

I found two other deals offered on websites I did not recognize....rather than deal sites per se, these were more non-wine shared interest or affinity group sites (such as Parents). I'm sorry I didn't write them down.

But the message I took from it is that Lot 18 may be widening the net of where it promotes through deal offerings. So we'd best look beyond the familiar popular deal sites.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Independent of the post above....Just found this....not a voucher deal....but might be of interest to Lot 18 fanciers.

"VillageVines and Lot18 Present:
WINE & DINE

VillageVines and Lot18 have partnered to bring you exclusive savings at the hottest restaurants in your city and the best wines on the market.
Register for Lot18 through VillageVines by midnight tomorrow, May 18, and enter to win a $300 dinner gift certificate to the VillageVines restaurant of your choice and $300 of wines handpicked by one of Lot18's wine experts based on your personal wine preferences.
Winner will be selected at random on Thursday, May 29."

Here's my referral link for Village Vines:

https://www.villagevines.com/welcome.aspx?c=charlesedwards

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

hunterjaydog

Deals keep getting worse but I found one (props to mdaniel at the wine berserkers site).

$25 for $50. Limit 4 vouchers. You do need to pay "processing" of $6.25 (I bought 3 - not sure if it varies on how many you buy or not). My confirmation e-mail says they'll email the vouchers within 24 hours.

http://wdrv.mediawebconnect.com/lot18.com/33429

fyi - no referral credits.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
hunterjaydog wrote:Deals keep getting worse but I found one (props to mdaniel at the wine berserkers site).

$25 for $50. Limit 4 vouchers. You do need to pay "processing" of $6.25 (I bought 3 - not sure if it varies on how many you buy or not). My confirmation e-mail says they'll email the vouchers within 24 hours.

Thnaks for finding and sharing this. One can never have enought credits!

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
hunterjaydog wrote:Deals keep getting worse but I found one (props to mdaniel at the wine berserkers site).

Wow, says "sale opens 4/11/2011". Interesting no one found this earlier!

(and the fee is 7.50 for 4, 6.25 for 3, 5 for 2, 3.75 for 1)

murrayd222

joelsisk wrote:Wow, says "sale opens 4/11/2011". Interesting no one found this earlier!

Still waiting for my vouchers and I've emailed them as mentioned in the confirmation email. I wonder if this deal is actually dead and they forgot to pull the link from their site?

hunterjaydog

murrayd222 wrote:Still waiting for my vouchers and I've emailed them as mentioned in the confirmation email. I wonder if this deal is actually dead and they forgot to pull the link from their site?

FYI - I just got mine. They were emailed by the person that I emailed on the confirmation - and they work. All is good.

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
joelsisk wrote:Wow, says "sale opens 4/11/2011". Interesting no one found this earlier!

SOLD OUT

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

jmdavidson

jmdavidson wrote:Thnaks for finding and sharing this. One can never have enought credits!

I ordered these on Saturday and have yet to receive a confirmation email. Must have been a glitch in the system. Well, just like the buses, there will always be another one.

EDIT: I emailed MediaWebConnect and they sent them. So, if you have not gotten yours, follow up with them.

murrayd222

jmdavidson wrote:I ordered these on Saturday and have yet to receive a confirmation email. Must have been a glitch in the system. Well, just like the buses, there will always be another one.

EDIT: I emailed MediaWebConnect and they sent them. So, if you have not gotten yours, follow up with them.

Got mine this morning as well. Now, where to find the next voucher offer? Hard to believe this one had been hiding on a radio website for more than a month.

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
Krugsters wrote:New users to Lot 18 (if there are any left):

We were at an event that Lot 18 was hosting this weekend and they handed out cards in the goody bags good for $25 off your first order.

www.Lot18.com/TasteUWS

Looks like it's only $10 ---Register now to receive $10 off your first order.

Anyone getting $25.00?

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
bdlsmoran wrote:Looks like it's only $10 ---Register now to receive $10 off your first order.

Anyone getting $25.00?

I'd email them. It definitely states $25.

murrayd222

Lot18 is offering a new wine each hour today from 8am to 5pm EST, with free shipping through tomorrow morning.

hunterjaydog

Sorry deal was expired.

Has anyone ever heard of wiredforwine.com or homerun.com. Wiredforwine looks like another flash wine site. Homerun.com is offering a $25 certificate for $12.50.
Today's deal for Wiredforwine.com is:
Pedroncelli Dry Creek Vintage Selection Chardonnay 2009 for $11.97 - free shipping on 6. I've never used either one of these sites so not sure about them (and I'm not a white drinker).

http://homerun.com/deal/nyc-wired-for-wine-1?_s=d08e771e

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
hunterjaydog wrote:Has anyone ever heard of wiredforwine.com or homerun.com. Wiredforwine looks like another flash wine site. Homerun.com is offering a $25 certificate for $12.50.
Pedroncelli Dry Creek Vintage Selection Chardonnay 2009 for $11.97 - free shipping on 6. I've never used either one of these sites so not sure about them (and I'm not a white drinker).

W4W is a very good dealer I have bought from them many times.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
hunterjaydog wrote:Has anyone ever heard of wiredforwine.com or homerun.com. Wiredforwine looks like another flash wine site. Homerun.com is offering a $25 certificate for $12.50.

Wired for wine pops up with a new wine one at a time about every day and a half it seems. Free shipping on 4 or 6 depending on the bottle price. Their pricing is ok not really that hot. I have ordered from them before with no issues. If I recall, they ship out of NJ.

hunterjaydog

Just realized the homerun deal expired. I may have found one for ORIEL wines though. I'll keep you posted.

bud8jr

Ended 11:59pm 11/25/2010 Also states "Voucher expires 05/25/2011" Does that mean you have to apply it to your w4w account or actually spend the voucher at w4w by midnite?

bud8jr

http://yipit.com/
This site seems to have all the social buying sites under one umbrella. You can get email notifications when a specific type of deal comes up. I can set the preferences for wine in the national deals section, but cant find that title under specific cities. I clicked on all the cities.

bud8jr

If the shipper does not check "adult sig req must be 21" when creating a shipping label, than more than likely the driver will just treat it as any other pkg and just leave it.

I noticed in the past that wine shipped out of Texas is like this, dont know if state law there requires signatures on wine shipments. It does cost more to get a signature.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

A little more info on Oriel. I think they are a lot like Cameron Hughes, but not quite as big (yet). They currently have a couple of dozen wines available from $15 to $75. They've been on woot a couple of times, so WD thinks some of their juice is good. They are a winery but they don't grow their own grapes, and their offerings come from all over.

They currently have a Priorat, a CdP, a Gigondas, a Brunello, a Barolo, a couple of Napa Cabs, a couple of Bordeauxs, a Mosel Riesling, and others. A few have major ratings, others don't. Some vintages go back to 2002, so a lot of them are ready to drink now. They claim their prices are a value since they cut out the middleman, but I wouldn't call them cheap.

They also have an "Invite friends, get $30" program, but its through email only, so no link posting here.

I joined BuyWithMe during the original Lot 18 frenzy (still waiting for another Lot18 offer). I was a dunderhead and went ahead and bought this without using hunterjaydog's link above, so if you're moved to action, use his first (I've made it live above). If you haven't joined BuyWithMe, this link may be helpful. If hunterjaydog has his 3 - I'm sure he'll let us know - then please feel free to use this one.

To be clear, Oriel is not Lot18. They have fewer wines, they don't change everyday, and they won't let you use more than 1 voucher (or discount code) per purchase, even if you buy multiples from BuyWithMe.

One last thing, Oriel is doing a Memorial Weekend sale (although it says it ends Friday at 3pm, it still seems to be going on). Use the code "MemorialDay" (no space) to get 30% off reds plus free shipping for orders over $100. I don't know if you can combine it with the BWM discount code you may purchase, but its worth a shot.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

hunterjaydog

Thanks Merbill. Not at 3 yet, 1 more to go. I've seen them on WW and there at some of the nicer restaurants around here so I couldn't go too wrong with some every day wine (I got 3 bottles for $25) and the free shipping (with voucher) saved a bunch.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

Update on the Oriel vouchers/Memorial Day sale. Everybody can still use the code "memorialday" for 30% off and free shipping for purchases over $100, but you can't use the $55 voucher at the same time. Its an either/or setup. However the voucher does get you free shipping no matter how much you buy - even just $55.

The vouchers are still available from Buy With Me for $25 (links in prior posts), but you can use the code "BBQ20" this weekend to get 20% off, making it just $20 for $55 worth of Oriel wines. With the free shipping included, which is really worth at least $15 more, its like $20 for $70, as long as you find wines you want to try.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

richardhod

Great news..
wine.com voucher $40 for $80
or $25 for $50 for cheapskates ;)

Use Cheron's Spreadsheet here to get your referrals
Instructions are on the sheet in red to the right if you haven't used it before. Use the referral link in the spreadsheet, and add yours there! EDIT (thanks HAK) Also, you should add your name into the Referral spot on the spreadsheet first, and THEN go complete your order. That way you are reserving the spot so that we don't end up with 4 or more people all using the same link.

And the last time's spreadsheet I've copied way below so you can see it, because I didn't know where to put it if deleted.

Talk about it all you like here, not in the other forum HAK's already got me one.. next two and I'll have our first freebie and it'll go on from there Have fun, good luck!

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
richardhod wrote:Great news..

Istructions are ont he sheet in red to the right if you haven't used it before. Adn the last time's spreadsheet I've copied way below so you can see it. And because I didn't know where to put it if deleted.

Use the referral link in the spreadsheet, and add yours there!

Also, you should add your name into the Referral spot on the spreadsheet first, and THEN go complete your order. That way you are reserving the spot so that we don't end up with 4 or more people all using the same link.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

jmdavidson

richardhod wrote:Great news..

Instructions are on the sheet in red to the right if you haven't used it before. Use the referral link in the spreadsheet, and add yours there! EDIT (thanks HAK) Also, you should add your name into the Referral spot on the spreadsheet first, and THEN go complete your order. That way you are reserving the spot so that we don't end up with 4 or more people all using the same link.

And the last time's spreadsheet I've copied way below so you can see it, because I didn't know where to put it if deleted.

Talk about it all you like here, not in the other forum HAK's already got me one.. next two and I'll have our first freebie and it'll go on from there Have fun, good luck!

I couldn't get into the spreadsheet without having a google account. The last time we had a spreadsheet (I think it was lot18), I didn't think we needed an account. What's changed?

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
jmdavidson wrote:I couldn't get into the spreadsheet without having a google account. The last time we had a spreadsheet (I think it was lot18), I didn't think we needed an account. What's changed?

It should work for you without signing in, so not sure why it didn't for you. I have a google account, but I didn't need to sign in to add my name to the list.
PM your link and I'll add it to the spreadsheet for you. I already added your username.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

jmdavidson

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Also, you should add your name into the Referral spot on the spreadsheet first, and THEN go complete your order. That way you are reserving the spot so that we don't end up with 4 or more people all using the same link.

Unless you have a Google account, you cannot access the spreadsheet.

bkrupski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkrupski

Lot18 Voucher today. $70 for $35. Doesn't look like there is any referral program.

http://deals.dailycandy.com/deal/1555/lot18-50-percent-off

richardhod

jmdavidson wrote:Unless you have a Google account, you cannot access the spreadsheet.

I don't think you need an invitation any more, but I can invite you if necessary! wine at rocyn ddot com will get to me. it's useful for most people to have one, even if not for email!

Spreadsheet for wine.com deal repost!! Use a link there, folks. I see the DC and San Jose links are related on LS so you can't get both!

Also, an unrelated LS has http://livingsocial.com/deals/36051-three-bottles-of-wine?msdc_id=4, which is for three specific bottles, but I'm not that convinced. Not bought that one.

nice find on the lot18 bkrupski!

bkrupski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkrupski
richardhod wrote:I don't think you need an invitation any more, but I can invite you if necessary! wine at rocyn ddot com will get to me. it's useful for most people to have one, even if not for email!

hmm the statement that bothers me on living social is that it says, "Deal is only available to purchasers located in the states where the promotion is offered and wine shipments may only be made in the states where the promotion is offered"

Thoughts?

richardhod

bkrupski wrote:hmm the statement that bothers me on living social is that it says, "Deal is only available to purchasers located in the states where the promotion is offered and wine shipments may only be made in the states where the promotion is offered"

Thoughts?

Some states will have Jatravartid laws. For the Dailycandy deal for lot18 it's "Deal not good in the following states: Mass., Md., Utah, Pa., N.J., Del., Tenn., Mont., S.D., Okla., Ariz., and Miss."

For the livingsocial for wine.com RTFM ;) it says: Cannot be used toward Bordeaux futures, gift cards, and products by Veuve Clicquot and Dom Perignon • Wine cannot be shipped to the following states: OK, GA, IN, KY, MD, ME, TN, and UT • If you reside in one of the states above prohibiting the shipment of wine, you can use your voucher toward non-alcoholic items •

Should be ok.

jmdavidson

bkrupski wrote:Lot18 Voucher today. $70 for $35. Doesn't look like there is any referral program.

This deal is nice because you get the voucher instantly.

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb
bkrupski wrote:Lot18 Voucher today. $70 for $35. Doesn't look like there is any referral program.

Nice deal. Been following Lot18 and am liking the diversity of selections. Alas, I am am in hot summer country now and locking my $$$ into something I can't use until fall is not ideal. I don't trust these sites enough to believe they'll all be around in 4-6 months.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.