MichaelWB

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MichaelWB

Haven't seen anything in a long time about anything in the DFW area happening. Me and the other half loved meeting many of you back in September. Would love to join up at another event wherever.

MichaelWB

Interesting...not one person is interested in doing another gathering anytime soon?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MichaelWB wrote:Interesting...not one person is interested in doing another gathering anytime soon?

Group's been quiet for a long while. There's a couple from my area (Michigan) who are moving down to Dallas at the end of May. I'd really love to be able to wander down there sometime this summer to visit them, as well as meet up with the Dallas group - and introduce them to you all.

Keep popping around, maybe someone will show up.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ahueston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahueston

I must have missed this the first time around. I am still new to wine and wine.woot but i would be all for a get togehter in dfw. dallas perferably but i can travel for good wine =)

Jopo528

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jopo528

I'm graduating next week and going to Europe the week after. When I get back, I'd love to venture up for another Dallas gathering. I'll definitley be checking back to see if there's anymore updates.

P.S.~Cheron, would love to meet up if/when you come down!

So, if I have no wine but am going to procure it I would say: I ain't got none y'all but I'm fixin' to. ? ~ Bowtie

cellochick

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cellochick

I will be posting about the next one shortly.

As most of you know, I passed the torch as the Dallas Wine Woot dinner organizer back in August. My mother moved to Dallas and is ill with cancer, so my dependability and availability is not what it used to be in previous years. JustPlainJulie has agreed to help facilitate incase I cannot be there that night due to my mom's fragile health.

The next dinner is the last one we will share with Chris and Heather who have been part of the group since our first gathering. They are moving in June, so we will be bidding them farewell at our next gathering.

Jennifer

cheron98

cellochick wrote:I will be posting about the next one shortly.

As most of you know, I passed the torch as the Dallas Wine Woot dinner organizer back in August. My mother moved to Dallas and is ill with cancer, so my dependability and availability is not what it used to be in previous years. JustPlainJulie has agreed to help facilitate incase I cannot be there that night due to my mom's fragile health.

The next dinner is the last one we will share with Chris and Heather who have been part of the group since our first gathering. They are moving in June, so we will be bidding them farewell at our next gathering.

Jennifer

Lose one couple, gain another? Hopefully I'll be able to convince Zoomba77 and cyborgdo11 to catch up with you guys if the timing is right. They're down there this weekend apartment hunting

MichaelWB

cellochick wrote:I will be posting about the next one shortly.

Jennifer

So sorry to learn of your mothers problems. As I'm still fairly new to the area the only one I have taken part was the wonderful event at zmanonice's place.

Hate I will not be able to join you for the next one but hope I can for one in June or July.

Cheron, have read many of your posts and would love to meet you some day also if you joined in with the dallas group again.

MichaelWB

Hey DFW Gang....hope everyone is doing well.

How about a July gathering?
It's Summertime...so break out the white wines like Tricepadis and some of the reds from the cellar for a medium well grilled steak.

justplainjulie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages justplainjulie
MichaelWB wrote:Hey DFW Gang....hope everyone is doing well.

How about a July gathering?
It's Summertime...so break out the white wines like Tricepadis and some of the reds from the cellar for a medium well grilled steak.

I think that is an excellent idea. Any thoughts about dates/places?

MichaelWB

justplainjulie wrote:I think that is an excellent idea. Any thoughts about dates/places?

Not sure anyone else would feel about it but I'd love to get out and enjoy the natural beauty somewhere for a picnic potluck style if it could be orchestrated.
Unless someone wanted to host? I wish I could but I have a tiny apartment.

Or we could just find a restaurant again?

beckermo4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beckermo4

I just saw this, I am also very interested... have not been to a meet-up yet, so looks like Dallas will have at least one more couple if I can convince the hubby to join me!

tornadotj

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tornadotj

Is there not a way to email or PM people on this site?

Dallas, TX

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice
tornadotj wrote:Is there not a way to email or PM people on this site?

You can PM an individual, but not a group. We started collecting email addresses at one point, but don't think the list is still current.

Z

natravis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natravis

Wanted to bump this for interest.

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

will be in dallas from mid october to mid november for training... would love to meet some wine woot folks if there's anything going on...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

LOUISECAMERA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LOUISECAMERA

hello, i am new to wine.woot have been wine wooting for just a little while and would love to attend an event. what do i need to do??

Jopo528

I'm definitely interested in having a Dallas gathering soon. I miss seeing my fellow Texas wooters. Who knows, maybe there will be another surprise visit from the one and only Cheron. I have a semi real job now, so some weekends are good for me (some meaning I usually have to work the 1st & 3rd Saturday during the morning). But I will make it work even if just for a short weekend!

Actually, might try to come up for NASCAR weekend. (11/4-11/6)

So, if I have no wine but am going to procure it I would say: I ain't got none y'all but I'm fixin' to. ? ~ Bowtie

cellochick

Jopo,

Let me know if you are coming in for NASCAR the first weekend of November. We can probably put something together for that Saturday night.

cheron98

Jopo528 wrote:I'm definitely interested in having a Dallas gathering soon. I miss seeing my fellow Texas wooters. Who knows, maybe there will be another surprise visit from the one and only Cheron. I have a semi real job now, so some weekends are good for me (some meaning I usually have to work the 1st & 3rd Saturday during the morning). But I will make it work even if just for a short weekend!

Actually, might try to come up for NASCAR weekend. (11/4-11/6)

Won't be able to that particular weekend, but hopefully sometime soon

tornadotj

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tornadotj

Hey all,

We have a group here in Dallas that tries to meet on a monthly basis. It's entirely free, so this isn't an ad. We recently lost our old website, so the new one is really basic, but it is functional. We are having an event on Nov 12th, and will be planning a January event soon. December never gets enough interest.

http://www.dallassecretwine.com

Dallas, TX

Jopo528

Bumping this up. I've been thinking about another Dallas gathering lately. I would really like to meet up with everyone again; it has been way too long. We should get brainstorming and set something up (if anyone is interested).

fred2001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fred2001
Jopo528 wrote:Bumping this up. I've been thinking about another Dallas gathering lately. I would really like to meet up with everyone again; it has been way too long. We should get brainstorming and set something up (if anyone is interested).

Would love to join. Please keep me posted. Hopefully others in the area can meet soon as well. Who else wants in?

justplainjulie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages justplainjulie

We definitely need to get this up and going again. Somebody want to jump out there and set something up? I'll be happy to help

zmanonice

I keep looking for a BYOB but haven't found one I would recommend yet, for various reasons.

Z

Jopo528

justplainjulie wrote:We definitely need to get this up and going again. Somebody want to jump out there and set something up? I'll be happy to help

Not being too familiar with the Dallas area, it will be hard for me, but I will definitely try to do some research from here and report any interesting findings!

edieraye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edieraye
zmanonice wrote:I keep looking for a BYOB but haven't found one I would recommend yet, for various reasons.

Z

Are you willing to drive to Fort Worth? There is a lovely hole in the wall Thai place that is BYOB, never busy, and the food is a perfect pairing with a summer white.

zmanonice

edieraye wrote:Are you willing to drive to Fort Worth? There is a lovely hole in the wall Thai place that is BYOB, never busy, and the food is a perfect pairing with a summer white.

Fort Worth is fine for me, but most of the folks are in Dallas, Plano, etc.

Z

scottbeatty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottbeatty
zmanonice wrote:Fort Worth is fine for me, but most of the folks are in Dallas, Plano, etc.

Z

count me in for two. havent been to a woot dinner in years.

woot rocks my socks.

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

It sounds like you allmay have some traction, but I haven't seen MichaelWB on the boards for a while. Does someone want to step forward? Initiate some more conversation?

solidary121

quality posts: 7 Private Messages solidary121

So, I'm interested as well. With advance notice, I'm up for it (LOL, I'm sometimes too busy for my own good).

solidary121

quality posts: 7 Private Messages solidary121

Urbano Cafe in Dallas is supposed to be one of the better BYOB restaurants in the area. :-) Good Italian food does go well with good wine, and it's only a $$ restaurant (not cheap, but not that expensive).

MichaelWB

cjsiege wrote:It sounds like you allmay have some traction, but I haven't seen MichaelWB on the boards for a while. Does someone want to step forward? Initiate some more conversation?

Yea..for the last half year i was banned by the other half from buying anything from WW considering how much I have.

I hate that this still hasn't happened. I would love to have something happen in 2013.

Just polished of a bottle of 2007 - 1869 Old Zin... and have to thank Zman for getting me into Zins at his dinner party.

I would be open to anywhere..but midcities, grapevine would be wonderful.

MichaelWB

Well I guess the Dallas group is still dead..Maybe some of us can join Austin next year.

cellochick

The Dallas/Fort Worth Wine Woot dinners are back on! I've scheduled the first one for June 15th. Information is in the 'Gatherings' thread area. I'm really looking forward to having some great wines with old friends and new!