aces219

quality posts: 6 Private Messages aces219

Somehow, my Costco had this on closeout for $160. I bought 1 bottle. Should I go back and buy more tomorrow? The bottle is in pristine condition and Costco seems to take care with their storage.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
aces219 wrote:Somehow, my Costco had this on closeout for $160. I bought 1 bottle. Should I go back and buy more tomorrow? The bottle is in pristine condition and Costco seems to take care with their storage.

I'm assuming they are 375's? If they're actually 750's then definitely yes, and get me one.
I would personally love to be able to splurge on another bottle, but I think the 2006 I have (which I paid about the same for) will just have to be my limit, I think.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

One of these days I'm gonna have to figure out a way to try some of this stuff.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

What the heck is Costco doing with d'Yquem?

Yes, buy

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

All I can say is this is an incredible wine. At least the 'O2 IS.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
aces219 wrote:Somehow, my Costco had this on closeout for $160. I bought 1 bottle. Should I go back and buy more tomorrow? The bottle is in pristine condition and Costco seems to take care with their storage.

Wine Library wants $625 for a 750 mL, if that helps you decide.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Definitely. Think of it as currency hedging.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

jhkey

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jhkey

YES. Can you buy one for me? Seriously. Where are you located? I will pay for shipping.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

polarbear22

Did you buy them out?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

iByron

Are you certain it wasn't Chateau d'Zquem? Or maybe Chateau d'Υquem (Upsilon-quem)?

Check it out and be sure. ;)

iByron

Your Private WIneaux

aces219

I bought 6 more bottles and they gave me the wood box they came in. They had 18 total (I asked) so no, did not buy them out. 9 percent sales tax.

aces219

I'm in Seattle. If you want a bottle, email me at gmail (same username) and I will see what I can do.

iByron

aces219 wrote:I'm in Seattle. If you want a bottle, email me at gmail (same username) and I will see what I can do.

Are they 375s or (ahem) 750s?

Your Private WIneaux

aces219

iByron wrote:Are they 375s or (ahem) 750s?

375s. Let's not get too crazy here.

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

HAK just emailed me. I am popping my head out of my wine study books and a pile of dirty diapers to say I would like 2 bottles, I will mail you a check.
I paid $230 for my 375 which was considered a great price at the time. THIS IS A WINE NOT TO BE MISSED. If you can swing it, grab this.

Please PM me for the address to send a check.

Hi to all! I am swamped with schoolwork, I have my WSET exam in May towards my DWS.
The girls are doing great, getting very big and we are out most days.
Jackson's school is finally settled and between fighting for funding from the state for next year and funding for his current school I have had very little free time to be on the boards. Hopefully things will settle down in the fall.
Shamer is well, busy with work. He just presented at a conference in New Orleans with risk software products he has developed for his company.
Best to all, K

polarbear22

Krugsters wrote:HAK just emailed me. I am popping my head out of my wine study books and a pile of dirty diapers to say I would like 2 bottles, I will mail you a check.
I paid $230 for my 375 which was considered a great price at the time. THIS IS A WINE NOT TO BE MISSED. If you can swing it, grab this.

Please PM me for the address to send a check.

Hi to all! I am swamped with schoolwork, I have my WSET exam in May towards my DWS.
The girls are doing great, getting very big and we are out most days.
Jackson's school is finally settled and between fighting for funding from the state for next year and funding for his current school I have had very little free time to be on the boards. Hopefully things will settle down in the fall.
Shamer is well, busy with work. He just presented at a conference in New Orleans with risk software products he has developed for his company.
Best to all, K

Can you spell out WSET and DWS?

Good luck regardless.

My Cellar

Krugsters

aces219 wrote:I bought 6 more bottles and they gave me the wood box they came in. They had 18 total (I asked) so no, did not buy them out. 9 percent sales tax.

The wooden crate sells on ebay for a good price. Very nice!

Krugsters

polarbear22 wrote:Can you spell out WSET and DWS?

Good luck regardless.

WSET-
Wine Spirits Education Trust. The forefront accreditation body for Europe (and the rest of the world) and the stepping stone for a Masters Of Wine.
DWS- Diploma of Wine Studies.

Krugsters

polarbear22 wrote:Can you spell out WSET and DWS?

Good luck regardless.

Can't be helped...duplicates now run in my family.

polarbear22

Krugsters wrote:The wooden crate sells on ebay for a good price. Very nice!

Let's get together and have her pick up six more. Then she can sell the crate for her efforts.

My Cellar

Krugsters

polarbear22 wrote:Let's get together and have her pick up six more. Then she can sell the crate for her efforts.

Great idea! Like I said I'm in for 2.

dsapp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsapp
polarbear22 wrote:Let's get together and have her pick up six more. Then she can sell the crate for her efforts.

I could go for one if you need someone else to jump in, especially since I live just down the road from Polar Bear (sort of) and will see him at the clam bake, or sooner.

aces219

OK, I guess I'll go buy 6 more, since I'm already at 4.

aces219

And I think I will just ship to pbear for all you NYC/CTers. That's a lot easier than me carrying wine in my luggage on a business trip.

Krugsters

If you wish you can ship to me. I have a doorman. And you will not get stuck with 2 bottles. I will ask a friend who collects high end wines if he wants 2.
Let me know. I can hand off PB's and Dsapps wines to Cesare.

HitAnyKey42

Krugsters wrote:If you wish you can ship to me. I have a doorman. And you will not get stuck with 2 bottles. I will ask a friend who collects high end wines if he wants 2.
Let me know. I can hand off PB's and Dsapps wines to Cesare.

I'll also being going up to Kent, CT for Memorial Day weekend. And depending on timing and scheduling I was thinking I might try to arrange to meet up with PB because I have Concannon magnums to give him for the CT peeps. So if that ends up happening I can bring the d'Yquems.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

aces219

6 bottles have been acquired for $1051 with tax. No wood crate. I would prefer to ship once if there is any way you can figure out the wootlegging amongst yourselves. Please let me know who gets what and who to ship to.

otolith

Given that it's only been the East coasters so far, any chance I could get a couple bottles through polarbear? I sent you an email, as I have a local person in Seattle who I may be able to hit up to buy a couple bottles for me.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

aces219

otolith wrote:Given that it's only been the East coasters so far, any chance I could get a couple bottles through polarbear? I sent you an email, as I have a local person in Seattle who I may be able to hit up to buy a couple bottles for me.

I replied to your email.

Allocations:
Krugsters 2
Hak 1
Polarbear 1

2 left. Whoever emails me can have them. Dsapp was a maybe? You might convince me to part with 7.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
aces219 wrote:I replied to your email.

Allocations:
Krugsters 2
Hak 1
Polarbear 1

2 left. Whoever emails me can have them. Dsapp was a maybe? You might convince me to part with 7.

I'll go for one. I can get it from K and PB sometime. Let me know the easiest way to handle the $.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

otolith

aces219 wrote:I replied to your email.

Allocations:
Krugsters 2
Hak 1
Polarbear 1

I will take 2 if I can somehow get them through polarbear.

--John Muir

aces219

otolith wrote:I will take 2 if I can somehow get them through polarbear.

Sold to Don and oto. Checks are probably better so we don't run into paypal fees. I will email you my address. I know you are all good for it.

Shall I ship to pb and then hak can claim the 3 for NYC? Or ship to K?

aces219

Oto, I can just ship to you direct if you are willing to pay for it. In which case I think I should just ship the rest to K.

otolith

Sounds good.
Thanks!

--John Muir

dsapp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsapp
otolith wrote:Sounds good.
Thanks!

Are they all gone now? If not, count me in for one shipped to PB.

polarbear22

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I'll also being going up to Kent, CT for Memorial Day weekend. And depending on timing and scheduling I was thinking I might try to arrange to meet up with PB because I have Concannon magnums to give him for the CT peeps. So if that ends up happening I can bring the d'Yquems.

And you also have the Hunt Country for me and rlrct. So I am counting on meeting up. Some nice parking lot, near a police station.

My Cellar

polarbear22

aces219 wrote:Oto, I can just ship to you direct if you are willing to pay for it. In which case I think I should just ship the rest to K.

I am fine with either shipping to Krugsters or me. I know I will get it well before it is time to drink.

And I am pretty sure that K has good storage conditions.

My Cellar

edlada

quality posts: 6 Private Messages edlada

A very good Sauternes that is considered to be right behind d'Yquem is Chateau Rieussec. It is priced a bit lower and is mighty fine. The vineyard is owned by the Rothschild family and they take good care of it. I had a '95 a while back that was absolutely fantastic, good acid to balance the sugar, a lot of apricot, peach and floral notes and a finish that went on into the next week! Well worth checking it out if you don't have the money for d'Yquem.

My dogs like me, that is important.

HitAnyKey42

polarbear22 wrote:I am fine with either shipping to Krugsters or me. I know I will get it well before it is time to drink.

And I am pretty sure that K has good storage conditions.

(jealous)Yup, she's got a nice pretty lil Eurocave full of d'Yquems (/jealous). When we got our '06s we had them shipped to her and she held onto mine for me until we could do the exchange.
Yeah, these things won't be ready to drink for a good 10 years minimum. I'm pretty sure you'll get it before then.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

aces219

dsapp wrote:Are they all gone now? If not, count me in for one shipped to PB.

I'll cough up one more of mine. Please email me so I can tell you where to send the check.

The reason I was suggesting paper checks instead of PayPal is that PayPal has a limit on how much you can withdraw before you have to pay. Generally I greatly prefer PayPal otherwise. Though we have the ability to scan checks in at home to deposit them which makes it easier.

Any tips on shipping wine as a consumer? I've heard something about telling UPS that it is jelly? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be covered by the carrier if anything happened to it though.

Planning to ship 6 to K and 2 to oto. I will PM/email you all about where to send the $.