Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
KtCallista wrote:What's it about? Disturbing like Clockwork Orange, Hunger Games, or ....?

The relationship between the 3 heros(not really disturbing just a little unsettling), the brutality of the villans. I find the whole drug cartel thing disturbing.

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

edlada

quality posts: 6 Private Messages edlada

Good morning all. Thanks for the kind words of support.

We are having friends over for dinner today. I am making spaghetti ala putanesca, one of my favorites. I made the noodles myself, my mother was born in Italy (yes, I am Polish/Italian) and I got her hand crank pasta machine which she bought in Italy, when she died years ago. I like to make pasta, it isn't too difficult, just time consuming. A nice tossed salad with all kinds of stuff in it, some red wine and garlic bread and we are good to go. Oh yeah, chocolate ice cream for dessert.

My dogs like me, that is important.

AZGman

Finally . . obsolete.

G'bye and thanks for the fish.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Finally . . obsolete.

G'bye and thanks for the fish.

Wait.

That is two different stories.

Twilight zone, obsolete

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy for the fish.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

That reminded me.
I was going to order that tote.
I gave the Shakespeare one I bought to son's friend when he graduated grad school to be a theater teacher. Or something like that.
I should have bought him the shakespeare alphabet tee.

Actually his facebook posts are funny when he is teaching.
A kindergarten kid at camp said, Hey, Drama, can I go to the bathroom?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Yes woot, I ordered it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
edlada wrote:Good morning all. Thanks for the kind words of support.

We are having friends over for dinner today. I am making spaghetti ala putanesca, one of my favorites. I made the noodles myself, my mother was born in Italy (yes, I am Polish/Italian) and I got her hand crank pasta machine which she bought in Italy, when she died years ago. I like to make pasta, it isn't too difficult, just time consuming. A nice tossed salad with all kinds of stuff in it, some red wine and garlic bread and we are good to go. Oh yeah, chocolate ice cream for dessert.

Yummy, yummy.

edit: This is the without anchovy version I hope!

edlada

quality posts: 6 Private Messages edlada
joyner wrote:Yummy, yummy.

edit: This is the without anchovy version I hope!

Good morning! Gasp!!!! You must put anchovies in putanesca sauce. There is so much going on in the sauce that you don't taste them but it wouldn't be the same without them. I just don't tell most people the anchovies are there. If they ask about the recipe, I just smile and say: "Sorry, secret family recipe".

Dinner was great by the way. I made a big pot of sauce so we will have it again tonight for dinner but the pasta is all gone, so I'll just make some normal spaghetti.

I'm going over to the new PWA thread so I don't get in trouble for posting here.

My dogs like me, that is important.

AZGman

AZGman wrote:Buh . . . duh duh duhnt . . . duh duhnt, da duhnt . . .

I don't expect to be around long enough to see this one end.

And I still don't.

But Wow!

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

howdy, Gman

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

AZGman

jqubed wrote:howdy, Gman

Hiya, J3

jqubed

AZGman wrote:Hiya, J3

How's life in the capitol?

Skye — 1997-2007

AZGman

jqubed wrote:How's life in the capitol?

I'm sorry to hear you were laid off.

My life is on edge - I think I'm being targeted for down-aging in the organization I'm contracted to support.

Someday somebody might even care,

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
AZGman wrote:

My life is on edge - I think I'm being targeted for down-aging in the organization I'm contracted to support.

Someday somebody might even car

I have heard of down sizing, is down aging where they say you are younger each year? Or do they hire younger people with less experience so they don't have to pay as much?

jqubed

AZGman wrote:I'm sorry to hear you were laid off.

That stinks. Time to start looking elsewhere to beat them to the punch? I'm kinda wishing I left my job last spring, but I thought there was some extra benefit to making it to 5 years (would've done that next month) so I stuck around.

Skye — 1997-2007

AZGman

jawsuser wrote:I have heard of down sizing, is down aging where they say you are younger each year? Or do they hire younger people with less experience so they don't have to pay as much?

That's appears to be the case. I think I'm currently one of the two or three oldest folks in the office.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:That's appears to be the case. I think I'm currently one of the two or three oldest folks in the office.

well that bites

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I'm sorry to hear you were laid off.

You never tell us anything. We care. Hard to care about what we don't know about.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:That stinks. Time to start looking elsewhere to beat them to the punch? I'm kinda wishing I left my job last spring, but I thought there was some extra benefit to making it to 5 years (would've done that next month) so I stuck around.

I was talking to a guy from NBC at the dog park. He said they laid off all the older guys to hire younger, cheaper people.
He didn't really care, guess he had a pension.

Although my father in law left CBS as a teck guy in the early 60's because it was too unstable. Plus he had a family and a house and there was an Olympics that they were going to send him to for a year to set up.

I didn't know 5 years was too much experience.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

Stormy here; Chinese delivery for dinner.

Back eventually.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Stormy here; Chinese delivery for dinner.

Back eventually.

You can still get good chinese?
The more Chinese people move here, the worse the americanized chinese food gets.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:You can still get good chinese?
The more Chinese people move here, the worse the americanized chinese food gets.

I've probably never had "good" Chinese. How does one tell?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

pooflady wrote:I've probably never had "good" Chinese. How does one tell?

If you like it, it's good.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:If you like it, it's good.

Yep

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

AZGman wrote:If you like it, it's good.

Sounds wonderful! I love Chinese, but I don't get it very often. Its odd here all the Chinese places have buffets. In the Pacific NW I never saw a buffet. Different strokes for different folks.

AZGman

jawsuser wrote:Sounds wonderful! I love Chinese, but I don't get it very often. Its odd here all the Chinese places have buffets. In the Pacific NW I never saw a buffet. Different strokes for different folks.

Depends on what one likes. If I want lo mein, I order from one place. If I want pork = another place. For generally good overall, I call a place called Sampan.

jawsuser

AZGman wrote:Depends on what one likes. If I want lo mein, I order from one place. If I want pork = another place. For generally good overall, I call a place called Sampan.

None of ours deliver. There is one place about five miles away at the other end of the nearest town. The next nearest is over nine miles away in the next town.

AZGman

jawsuser wrote:None of ours deliver. There is one place about five miles away at the other end of the nearest town. The next nearest is over nine miles away in the next town.

Can be tough in semi-rural areas,

pooflady

jawsuser wrote:None of ours deliver. There is one place about five miles away at the other end of the nearest town. The next nearest is over nine miles away in the next town.

The only delivery we have is pizza, which includes hoagies and salads and pasta.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

pooflady wrote:The only delivery we have is pizza, which includes hoagies and salads and pasta.

Maybe delivery isn't as prevalent as I thought.

AZGman

Well, it's been a long day for me already. I'm gonna call it quits for now.

G'night, folks.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Some of the Italian places deliver, pizza or regular restaurant food.
Chinese takeout delivers.
Not sure if anyone else does.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

AZGman wrote:Well, it's been a long day for me already. I'm gonna call it quits for now.

G'night, folks.

Goodnight Gman

jawsuser

AZGman wrote:Can be tough in semi-rural areas,

Here is a picture from my front door. A bit more than semi-rural. The pond is just over the rise in front. The spillway is to the right and has its own small gator.

pooflady

jawsuser wrote:Here is a picture from my front door. A bit more than semi-rural. The pond is just over the rise in front. The spillway is to the right and has its own small gator.

Pretty. How big or deep is the spillway?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:Here is a picture from my front door. A bit more than semi-rural. The pond is just over the rise in front. The spillway is to the right and has its own small gator.

Small gators become big gators!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

pooflady wrote:Pretty. How big or deep is the spillway?

The spillway is about ten feet across and about six to eight feet deep. Thee used to be a grist mill on the spillway at the dam.

jawsuser

dontwantaname wrote:Small gators become big gators!

Yes, we have been told of a ten fott one being sighted. Growing up Bellering Burt lived in the pond. He used to sun himself on the road to the big island so my uncle always carried a loaf of bread he could throw off the road for Burt to eat so my uncle could pass. Ah the memories of childhood.