gilda345

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gilda345

Are there any Wooters from Missouri who would be interested in getting together for a tasting this spring? I'm based in central MO and would be happy to organize it here but I'm also willing to travel.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
gilda345 wrote:Are there any Wooters from Missouri who would be interested in getting together for a tasting this spring? I'm based in central MO and would be happy to organize it here but I'm also willing to travel.

Good luck!

Hope someone in MO responds.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

I have added the interest thread to the weekly GTG listing. Be sure to drop by the CyberPub and occasionally in the main offering thread to see if there is interest. Be sure to direct them here.

Good Luck!

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

I'm in STL, home of shirt.woot! which is why we pay sales tax.

Hitting the wineries west of here is pretty popular in the Fall. Stone Hill, Hermann, Augusta, etc.

Don't have much of a cellar, I'm a newbie wine.wooter.

kclouie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kclouie

I'm in KC and would definitely be interested.

gilda345

This is a good start! Thanks cjsiege for posting this thread.

Hermann is always good for tasting. I'm happy to host something at my place since I'm centrally located.

It looks like I'm free every weekend in May.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
gilda345 wrote:This is a good start! Thanks cjsiege for posting this thread.

Hermann is always good for tasting. I'm happy to host something at my place since I'm centrally located.

It looks like I'm free every weekend in May.

You should change this thread now into an official gathering thread with attendees, maybes, regrets, etc. Check one one of the other "gathering" threads to get a sense of what we normally do. Good luck and have fun!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

deaconbluez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deaconbluez
gilda345 wrote:Are there any Wooters from Missouri who would be interested in getting together for a tasting this spring? I'm based in central MO and would be happy to organize it here but I'm also willing to travel.

Where is central Missouri? I'm in Sedalia; I'd love to get together for a tasting. Columbia would be a good location; not too far for those in St. Louis or Kansas City and real easy for those of us in Mid-MO.

"I prefer a thief to a Congressman. A thief will take your money and be on his way, but a Congressman will stand there and bore you with the reasons why he took it." -Dr. Williams

gastrognome

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gastrognome

I'm just across the river from STL and would be very interested in a wine woot event. Let's do this thing!

gilda345

I am in Jefferson City. I am going to toss out May 14 or 21 for a date. To those who have shown interest, do either of these Saturdays work for you?

I guess after we have a date I will start an official interest thread. I hope that is the correct way to proceed! I am very open to help and suggestions!

davide63

quality posts: 4 Private Messages davide63
gilda345 wrote:I am in Jefferson City. I am going to toss out May 14 or 21 for a date. To those who have shown interest, do either of these Saturdays work for you?

I guess after we have a date I will start an official interest thread. I hope that is the correct way to proceed! I am very open to help and suggestions!

I live west of KC in KS - I might make it if it works out. 21st works better - will have to check with SO to see if we have any graduations to go to then

jobberizer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jobberizer

I'm in St. Louis. I'm always interested in a little wine. Keep me posted...

LucyT

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LucyT

Jefferson City area, would be interested.

ssoard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ssoard

I'm in KC and I'd be interested. I'll check back periodically to see what gets worked out...

swmbo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages swmbo

I'm in KC and would also be interested!

mshilko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mshilko

KC checking in and am interested.

ldsmom7566

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ldsmom7566

Hi, we are all the way down in S.E. Missouri (Near Cape Girardeau). It would be kind of difficult for us to get to anything on the western side of the state (due to our time restrictions caused by all of our normal/usual obligations). However, if it's on the eastern side (St Louis area), or one of the more central (Lake of the Ozarks region - Rolla - etc.) areas, we'd be interested in attending if everything else worked out date & location wise. The central areas BTW are also within a lot of the very good winery area's of Missouri. Especially right around & near the town of St. James.
Regardless of if our personal attendence ever comes to fruition or not, I do wish everyone else much luck in attending wherever & whenever it takes place! Whoever ends up establishing & firming up any definate dates, places, and/or time/s for a 'local wine tasting', PLEASE try to keep our user name so that you can send us a message to let us know about it. (I'm VERY BAD about remembering to check back on threads & message boards because I always have so many things going on at any given time.) Thanks again & good luck to all!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Bumping to keep this on the main threads page.

I suggest that someone bite the bullet and offer to host the gathering by suggesting dates that are open for them. You might even get someone to fly in from out-of-state!

You could find a restaurant with no corkage fee (no charge to open a wine bottle you bring) or one that will offer a 1 to 1 no corkage (you buy one of their wines, and they open one of yours).

Or host it at your house or local community room. KKV in NoVA/DC once held it in her building's community room. We all had to chip in for the cleanup fee, but it was minimal.

Another suggestion is to schedule it close to a wine function/event that's being held locally. Or a historical event. NoVA/DC mentioned the Manassas/Bull Run re-enactment in July.

Or do like we did in Southern Calif .... go to a wine area (Temecula) and tour some wineries.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

gastrognome

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gastrognome
MarkDaSpark wrote:Bumping to keep this on the main threads page.

I suggest that someone bite the bullet and offer to host the gathering by suggesting dates that are open for them. You might even get someone to fly in from out-of-state!

You could find a restaurant with no corkage fee (no charge to open a wine bottle you bring) or one that will offer a 1 to 1 no corkage (you buy one of their wines, and they open one of yours).

Or host it at your house or local community room. KKV in NoVA/DC once held it in her building's community room. We all had to chip in for the cleanup fee, but it was minimal.

Another suggestion is to schedule it close to a wine function/event that's being held locally. Or a historical event. NoVA/DC mentioned the Manassas/Bull Run re-enactment in July.

Or do like we did in Southern Calif .... go to a wine area (Temecula) and tour some wineries.

I have a friend who owns a lovely wine store in Lebanon, IL - about 25 miles from downtown St. Louis, less than half an hour from the Arch. I could ask them if they'd be interested. I think May 21 sounds promising.

ewqcsl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ewqcsl

I'm interested. I'm in StL but would travel to MidMo - say JeffCity or Columbia.

Zathros409

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zathros409

I'm interested. Lots of places to meet in St. Lou or a short drive from there.

Quastor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Quastor

Also interested. In STL, and May 14/21 are currently open for me.

Let me know if I can help to get this rolling!

michugana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michugana

St. Louis here and I'd be interested. Not much traveling ability as we have a little one at home and no family in the area

gooberpeas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gooberpeas

I'm in KC and would definitely be interested if it's around here. I'd host but my place is tiny. Looking forward to it!

ewqcsl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ewqcsl

StL here. I'm still interested. From the posts, it looks like there is enough interest for a StL gathering. I would be willing to host, depending on the size of the gathering.

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm

Come on guys, you can do it! Seriously. Put a few dates out there and see what works. We have a small but tenacious group here in Buffalo/WNY and, given the right timing, we sometimes have others join us from other parts of the country! The important thing is: just do it! ddeuddeg & I have hosted a number of tastings in our home, because we have the space and we enjoy entertaining and tasting new wines. justinrsanderson has hosted an event at his place and next week we are going to start at a restaurant and head back to our place for desserts.

Sometimes people are more comfortable meeting at a restaurant for the first tasting or two until they get to know each other a little better. You may also wish to do a Thread Hijack on the current offer a couple of times to get people's attention. Not everybody ventures over to the forums!

Good luck! Have fun! Meet new friends!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

robiereader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robiereader

I'm in the SE corner of Kansas, but just a 2 hour drive from KC. Is there still some interest in the KC area?

ssoard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ssoard

There's interest - we just don't seem to have anyone willing to step up and take charge of organizing an event...

candlesticky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candlesticky
ssoard wrote:There's interest - we just don't seem to have anyone willing to step up and take charge of organizing an event...

I agree, it sounds like a larger contingent in the KC metro area. I'm interested, but not sure I'm up to being the organizer....

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco
candlesticky wrote:I agree, it sounds like a larger contingent in the KC metro area. I'm interested, but not sure I'm up to being the organizer....

I'll be in KCMO visiting the inlaws for Christmas! I know that it's generally a busy time, but perhaps if not a full blown event, organizing an unofficial get together at Tannin could be fun? They participated in Summer of Riesling, and we had a fun lunch there earlier this year. http://www.tanninwinebar.com/

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

candlesticky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candlesticky
beefytaco wrote:I'll be in KCMO visiting the inlaws for Christmas! I know that it's generally a busy time, but perhaps if not a full blown event, organizing an unofficial get together at Tannin could be fun? They participated in Summer of Riesling, and we had a fun lunch there earlier this year. http://www.tanninwinebar.com/

I went to the website, lush menu. Would enjoy an event there to be sure! How did they arrange it, taste theirs or bring your own?

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco
candlesticky wrote:I went to the website, lush menu. Would enjoy an event there to be sure! How did they arrange it, taste theirs or bring your own?

Summer of Riesling was a big nationwide promotion for wine bars where they agreed to offer at least 5 by the glass for the entire summer. Tannin went all out with like 15 at any given time. So it wasn't a specific event that I attended.

I imagine that it would be hard to bring in outside beverages, but if enough people committed we could probably take over one of their private spaces.

It just seemed like getting someone to host was a problem, so I suggested the only place I knew in KCMO with great wine!

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

slicey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slicey

Chiming in with my two cents to say, "I'm interested!"

Anyone around still up for a WineWoot meetup?

KC metro area.

beckermo4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beckermo4

Just moved to Columbia from TX and would definitely be interested - Mid-MO, KC, or STL would all work!

joellg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joellg

St. Louis here. I could try, but it would be difficult as I travel every week. Ill keep my eye out!

moewylie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moewylie

Not sure if this died on the vine but I'm in KC & would be interested in a gathering.

gilda345

Ok, two years later it's happening, I'm setting a date! April 6, Jefferson City, MO at 7:00 p.m..

My husband and I have started a local wine club and this will be our first gathering of local wine lovers. I would love to have some fellow wooters in attendance as well. Post if you're able to attend and I'll give you the details.

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen

I will be attending my Niece's wedding in St. Louis on Saturday, May 25th (Memorial Day weekend) and am looking to explore some wineries in or around Lake of the Ozarks on Sun/Mon/Tue (May 26-28).

Would love to meet up with some fellow wooters or even if someone just has suggestions of places to go, it would be appreciated.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chipgreen wrote:I will be attending my Niece's wedding in St. Louis on Saturday, May 25th (Memorial Day weekend) and am looking to explore some wineries in or around Lake of the Ozarks on Sun/Mon/Tue (May 26-28).

Would love to meet up with some fellow wooters or even if someone just has suggestions of places to go, it would be appreciated.

Might think about moving/cross-linking this in that fancy Gatherings tab we got y'all.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
ThunderThighs wrote:Might think about moving/cross-linking this in that fancy Gatherings tab we got y'all.

Not really organizing a gathering, just looking for winery ideas and hopeful to meet some MO wooters if they are out and about in the area at the same time. I will definitely use the Gatherings tab to plan for next year's Scott Harvey dinner in Ohio, though.