sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
MarkDaSpark wrote:Are we all good for the 16th????

Good for me.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

Because of the situation with my Mom, I am going to have to wait until it's closer to the time to make a commitment. We can leave it for April 16 for now, and I will keep you all informed if anything changes.

Thanks!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Imagine4vr wrote:Because of the situation with my Mom, I am going to have to wait until it's closer to the time to make a commitment. We can leave it for April 16 for now, and I will keep you all informed if anything changes.

Thanks!

Our thoughts are with you, and let us know if there is anything we can do.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

alexa84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages alexa84

I'm still very interested, but won't know until closer, either. We've basically been told not to expect to be able to get any weekend dates off until June (weddings/restaurant season in the desert), but that doesn't mean I won't try to make it up at least for one day!

<--- is ALWAYS available to rat *** my cellar in progress (don't judge!) ***

currently in training for the CSW exam & very excited about it!

MarkDaSpark

Sounds like Imagine is out for the scheduled weekend. Postpone or ????

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

I'm out. I look forward to doing this trip. In the fall would be best for me.

MarkDaSpark

sanity wrote:I'm out. I look forward to doing this trip. In the fall would be best for me.

Sounds like postpone it to the fall then ... but how about something closer to Phoenix area? Would that be possible on a different weekend?

Or too close to CyberPub and Easter?

Imagine4vr

MarkDaSpark wrote:Sounds like postpone it to the fall then ... but how about something closer to Phoenix area? Would that be possible on a different weekend?

Or too close to CyberPub and Easter?

I'd love something closer in the PHX area - I'd be happy to host or we can go out somewhere. I'm open for ideas and dates.

alexa84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages alexa84

I love the idea of going up to see the wineries, but likely won't be available until after mid-May closer to Phoenix/in the Valley is always easier, but what fun is staying home?! Kidding, I know it's what we make it Still....

Anyway, let's keep the thread going. And consider the fact that a weekend up North might be a nice break, come June [through September]!

<--- is ALWAYS available to rat *** my cellar in progress (don't judge!) ***

currently in training for the CSW exam & very excited about it!

Imagine4vr

Anyone in the Phoenix area interested in the The Chocolate and Wine Experience? It's Thurs April 7 and $50 a ticket. I really don't want to go alone, would be great if anyone else would like to join me. Anyone??

Cesare

quality posts: 1618 Private Messages Cesare
Imagine4vr wrote:Anyone in the Phoenix area interested in the The Chocolate and Wine Experience? It's Thurs April 7 and $50 a ticket. I really don't want to go alone, would be great if anyone else would like to join me. Anyone??

Damn if that was the week before we would have went. Looks good.
Check your pm.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

K3rm1t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages K3rm1t
brainchasm wrote:I'm not in AZ (just a short drive though), but I wonder if it might not be feasible to meet in Jerome, AZ?

Reason I ask is, Maynard (from Tool) has vineyards there (Caduceus Cellars & Merkin Vineyards) and is producing pretty fabulous wine. The tasting room is open 365, and it might be a neat thing to tack onto a get-together.

And just because I like the music and the wines, a link - Cadueceus Cellars (give it like 30sec to load...)

If wine.woot can get its hands on any of Maynard's 3 winery interests, I would be VERY interested. I'm a big Maynard fan and the wines sound delicious. Crap...too late?

MarkDaSpark

K3rm1t wrote:If wine.woot can get its hands on any of Maynard's 3 winery interests, I would be VERY interested. I'm a big Maynard fan and the wines sound delicious. Crap...too late?

Not for this, it's been postponed til Fall.

Actually, can someone please edit the initial post and change the title from April to Fall?

Imagine4vr

MarkDaSpark wrote:Not for this, it's been postponed til Fall.

Actually, can someone please edit the initial post and change the title from April to Fall?

Someone? or me?

MarkDaSpark

Imagine4vr wrote:Someone? or me?

Well, I was assuming it was you, but wasn't positive (and too lazy to look).

loreelu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages loreelu

So... Did this ever happen? If it has not, we are definitely interested in something kind of gathering in the Verde Valley. We may actually be there for a brief visit this weekend. So if there are any recommendations, please don't hold back.

MarkDaSpark

loreelu wrote:So... Did this ever happen? If it has not, we are definitely interested in something kind of gathering in the Verde Valley. We may actually be there for a brief visit this weekend. So if there are any recommendations, please don't hold back.

Well, I could be snide and ask if it's Fall yet. But then again, it's now 2012, not 2011!

No it hasn't happened yet, we were waiting for the temps to cool down. Then we had the CyberPub crush in October, Bottling in May, RPM Tour in July. Time flies here.

So we need to try to get it going, but we have the new CyberPub Crush (Oct.) to plan (which reminds me, I need to call whathisname about it).

This might be a beginning of November thing.

loreelu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages loreelu
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, I could be snide and ask if it's Fall yet. But then again, it's now 2012, not 2011!

No it hasn't happened yet, we were waiting for the temps to cool down. Then we had the CyberPub crush in October, Bottling in May, RPM Tour in July. Time flies here.

So we need to try to get it going, but we have the new CyberPub Crush (Oct.) to plan (which reminds me, I need to call whathisname about it).

This might be a beginning of November thing.

November sounds like an excellent time to me.

MarkDaSpark

loreelu wrote:November sounds like an excellent time to me.

Anyone else???

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

Shall I pend this as November TBD on the schedule?

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:Shall I pend this as November TBD on the schedule?

Perhaps ...

jamesozzello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesozzello

Looks like this is on an indefinite hold,but as I'm going to be in this area in mid-March,was wondering if there are any recommendations for the wineries in this area. Anyone? Thanks, James

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
jamesozzello wrote:Looks like this is on an indefinite hold,but as I'm going to be in this area in mid-March,was wondering if there are any recommendations for the wineries in this area. Anyone? Thanks, James

I spent a day and a half there just under 2 years ago. I will have to go back to my trip notes for you. In general most of the wine was pretty bad... but there were a few good ones. Hoping that things have improved in the last couple years.

It seemed the main drawback may have been driven by cash flow in young wineries. Not enough time to settle down in oak, not enough time in the bottle, etc...

YMMV

jamesozzello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesozzello
trifecta wrote:I spent a day and a half there just under 2 years ago. I will have to go back to my trip notes for you. In general most of the wine was pretty bad... but there were a few good ones. Hoping that things have improved in the last couple years.

It seemed the main drawback may have been driven by cash flow in young wineries. Not enough time to settle down in oak, not enough time in the bottle, etc...

YMMV

Thanks. If you run across anything,let me know. At worst,I'll save some money,and there's certainly other things to do in the area.Jim