ddeuddeg

quality posts: 27 Private Messages ddeuddeg
animallover wrote:I suggest a quarterly gathering. The only theme my hubby and I can offer is that we have (I believe) every unique woot wine offering, all the way back to four bottles of Rinfrescente from 2000. Along with an entire wine closet full of various wine woot offerings from the past 10 years, with a smaller cache of Napa Valley wine offerings gathered during a trip two years ago.

We are casual wine drinkers and would love to learn more about how to "properly" "taste" and "rate" wines.

We live southwest of Chicago in Plainfield and would love to host a gathering of other wine wooters. Our summer months are pretty busy, but we might have a few dates open:
July 16th or 23rd & Aug 27th. Otherwise, we're looking at fall dates - Sept 17th & Oct 22nd.

We can fit about 30 - 40 comfortably indoors. We can figure out logistics of food, other wines to bring, etc later, once a date is picked for availability of most wooters. Send me a PM of dates you might be interested in and we'll see what we can work out.

Maybe WineDavid would like to attend??? We would be honored.

We'd be interested, depending on the date you select. August 27th we have our dance adjudication, and the September date is too close to the beginning of the school year, but the other dates are possibilities. Summertime might allow us to drive (only 9 hours or so from Buffalo), but in October we'd have to fly. Might catch a rewards deal from SWA if we're lucky. We'll keep an eye on the thread. We both love Chicago.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
animallover wrote:I suggest a quarterly gathering. The only theme my hubby and I can offer is that we have (I believe) every unique woot wine offering, all the way back to four bottles of Rinfrescente from 2000. Along with an entire wine closet full of various wine woot offerings from the past 10 years, with a smaller cache of Napa Valley wine offerings gathered during a trip two years ago.

We are casual wine drinkers and would love to learn more about how to "properly" "taste" and "rate" wines.

We live southwest of Chicago in Plainfield and would love to host a gathering of other wine wooters. Our summer months are pretty busy, but we might have a few dates open:
July 16th or 23rd & Aug 27th. Otherwise, we're looking at fall dates - Sept 17th & Oct 22nd.

We can fit about 30 - 40 comfortably indoors. We can figure out logistics of food, other wines to bring, etc later, once a date is picked for availability of most wooters. Send me a PM of dates you might be interested in and we'll see what we can work out.

I live in Lemont and most of my time is spent in Naperville so I am right around the corner. Definitely start a separate thread to help get people interested.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:We'd be interested, depending on the date you select. August 27th we have our dance adjudication, and the September date is too close to the beginning of the school year, but the other dates are possibilities. Summertime might allow us to drive (only 9 hours or so from Buffalo), but in October we'd have to fly. Might catch a rewards deal from SWA if we're lucky. We'll keep an eye on the thread. We both love Chicago.

If you want to drive out, you're welcome to split drive and stay over here on the way

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

animallover

quality posts: 6 Private Messages animallover
cheron98 wrote:We did that last year here in Detroit - and I had to scrape and beg around to find a bottle of Rinfrescante. VERY Awesome that you still have 4 bottles of it!!

If/when this gets going, it could very well be one of those crowd-drawing themes. I think we had about 30 here last year from various corners. WD tried to make it out but was unable to - be sure to bring it to his attention. I'm sure he'd love to attend.

Except for Aug 27, those dates all look good to me. Why don't you start up a new thread, with "Chicago" in the title - then you can control the lead post for attendance and stuff. Check out some of the other gathering threads to see what we tend to do to get things organized and going

I'll look into how to start the thread and how to get organized this weekend. Might contact you for help,if needed. I look forward to meeting folks that I feel I know already from reading the comments!

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz
animallover wrote:I'll look into how to start the thread and how to get organized this weekend. Might contact you for help,if needed. I look forward to meeting folks that I feel I know already from reading the comments!

I would probably be available as well. I am in St. Charles, so not too far from Plainfield. I will investigate those dates and post my availability in the new post when it goes up.

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:If you want to drive out, you're welcome to split drive and stay over here on the way

Except that the best route from here to Chicago is through Ohio.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

burrnini

quality posts: 10 Private Messages burrnini

i would love to make it, but i won't have my july or beyond schedule for probably another month. i'll keep my fingers crossed haha.

ddeuddeg

animallover wrote:I'll look into how to start the thread and how to get organized this weekend. Might contact you for help,if needed. I look forward to meeting folks that I feel I know already from reading the comments!

Still working on this?

animallover

quality posts: 6 Private Messages animallover
ddeuddeg wrote:Still working on this?

Sorry folks...life has gotten in the way. Will organize this event, as soon as I/we can. Sorry for the delay!

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
animallover wrote:Sorry folks...life has gotten in the way. Will organize this event, as soon as I/we can. Sorry for the delay!

Anything new on this or is it a dead issue?

edbone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edbone

One more in for Chicago if this ever happens. I'm in West Loop but willing to drive. I'm also open to helping with setup but I probably couldn't host more than a small gathering. Sorry, too much money spent on wine to afford more square footage.

denise4080

quality posts: 1 Private Messages denise4080

I haven't followed this thread in a while and just saw this now.
I live in Joliet and work in Plainfield. I would love to attend if anything gets planned. I will try to pay more attention to this thread.

Raymondpenang

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Raymondpenang

I just found this thread and am interested in joining any Wine.woot gathering in Chicago area. Please let me know if those dates are still applicable for 2012. It will be great to meet!

Chicago,
-R

forumc40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forumc40

Me too! I have a tough time getting outside of the city, but anywhere in Chicago and I'd definitely be down. Let's make it happen!

Ain't easy...

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

Lake County Thread - meet Chicago #? Thread. You all may want to meet & greet???

Have fun!

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

Even though this thread seems to be dead, I would like to let everyone know who still reads it that we are hosting a get together September 22nd, 2012.

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

New Gathering on Friday, October 12th. In brief:

jmdavidson wrote:This is my second attempt at a wine woot get together. This time, instead of a Saturday afternoon, I am trying a Friday evening. So, this one will be Friday, October 12th at 7pm. Same as last time, bring a bottle of wine and an appetizer. No special theme, other than wine tasting, eating well and meeting new friends.
"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

Gathering on 9/20/13 in lemont

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

twstdvn

quality posts: 70 Private Messages twstdvn

Hi ALL - Jon from Inspiration Vineyards & Winery (Russian River/Sonoma County) - some of you already know me... I'm planning my next road trip to Illinois on April 25th - I already have some events planned including 4 up in Lake Co - Lindenhurst, Highland Park, Lake Zurich and Libertyville - schedule permitting, I'm open to participating in a private event if someone in the group is willing to host/organize and coordinate. Please let me know if you're interested. My personal email is jon@inspirationvineyards.com

forumc40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forumc40
twstdvn wrote:Hi ALL - Jon from Inspiration Vineyards & Winery (Russian River/Sonoma County) - some of you already know me... I'm planning my next road trip to Illinois on April 25th - I already have some events planned including 4 up in Lake Co - Lindenhurst, Highland Park, Lake Zurich and Libertyville - schedule permitting, I'm open to participating in a private event if someone in the group is willing to host/organize and coordinate. Please let me know if you're interested. My personal email is jon@inspirationvineyards.com

This sounds like an amazing opportunity! I can't host (my Chicago apartment is wayyyy too small) but if one of you Lake County lushes wanna make this happen I can definitely get some people out there!!

Also, Jon- any more information re: the events you've already booked? (public/private, location, etc.)

Ain't easy...