Blog
Forum

Product Website
Teatulia on Twitter
Teatulia on Vimeo

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Degaman88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Degaman88

So much for filling up my new wine fridge :O(

veni, vidi, vici

Juion

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Juion

Ah hah! This is where the little thing of tea in my last Baby of the Cosmos came from. I was confused why my electronics laden box had a thing of tea in it.

It wasn't one of the flavors offered here(It was Earl of Bengal, Black Tea with Bergamont Citrus) but it was fairly enjoyable. Nice silk tea bags and smelled delightful.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

I got these when woot had them before http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3308628

Each flavor is rich with taste, but not over powering. Be sure to let the tea sit a bit before drinking for full flavor.

that was fun while it lasted!

mdelgiorno17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdelgiorno17

Each canister is $8.99 from the Teatulia website. Not wine, but this is a good deal!

llamabox

quality posts: 36 Private Messages llamabox

Teatulia Dot Com

Individual product links:
Black
Neem Nectar
Bengal Bfast

Make your own damn beer

dweitzman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dweitzman

I'm sorry, maybe it's just me, but I really don't understand why this site is called wine.woot when half the products posted are chocolate, coffee, cheese and now tea, apparently.

Recommending signature image size is 5k.

gengenja

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gengenja

so in reading the description I misread the material the bags are made out of, soilon, and thought it said soilent. Of course my brain automatically freaked out wondering a-why soylent was mispelled and b-how that could be organic. Good times, good times.

gengenja

Oh, and could somebody clue me in as to why pregnant women shouldn't drink the neem? Just curious.

TeatuliaBrianne

quality posts: 8 Private Messages TeatuliaBrianne

Annnd we're live! Hello wine.wooters! Happy to answer any questions you may have on our tea, tea bags, packaging, garden, etc!

michellew925

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michellew925
Degaman88 wrote:So much for filling up my new wine fridge :O(

My thoughts exactly!!!

michellew925

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michellew925
TeatuliaBrianne wrote:Annnd we're live! Hello wine.wooters! Happy to answer any questions you may have on our tea, tea bags, packaging, garden, etc!

Is there WINE in your tea???

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

dweitzman wrote:I'm sorry, maybe it's just me, but I really don't understand why this site is called wine.woot when half the products posted are chocolate, coffee, cheese and now tea, apparently.

Typically, Monday = Wine, Wednesday = Wine, Friday = not-wine. That's the M.O. of the 3-offerings-per-week wine.woot.

However, we got spammed with Havens offerings for a few weeks straight over the holidays and I'm sure the folks in the wine.woot wine warehouse need some solid catch-up time to get all that product out to winos around the country.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

ExCal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ExCal

Neem is used in southeast Asia as a birth control product. It can affect hormone levels and prevent pregnancy. There is the possibility of miscarriage if you drink it.

http://gerd.emedtv.com/neem/neem-and-pregnancy.html

gengenja wrote:Oh, and could somebody clue me in as to why pregnant women shouldn't drink the neem? Just curious.

TeatuliaBrianne

gengenja wrote:Oh, and could somebody clue me in as to why pregnant women shouldn't drink the neem? Just curious.

No hard facts, but Neem is considered to be a natural form of birth control in many of the South Asian countries, such as Bangladesh. While we only use very small amounts of Organic Neem leaf to blend with our Organic Black Tea, we like to be sure to inform our consumers. Neem has many, many other amazing benefits and when ingested can act as a detoxifying agent and a palate cleanser. Let me know if you'd like me to send you more info on the Magical Neem tree!

devilshopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devilshopper

You are at CES? I am so very jealous. I am so going next year.

Ok, gotta go to bed. Thanks for reminding me that I missed CES again!!!!1

houtx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages houtx
dweitzman wrote:I'm sorry, maybe it's just me, but I really don't understand why this site is called wine.woot when half the products posted are chocolate, coffee, cheese and now tea, apparently.

Well, based on the most recent items, there are 20 items, 3 of which are not wine related, and 7 aren't wine. 85% wine related and 65% wine. Seems fair to call it wine.woot to me.

claudicina

quality posts: 34 Private Messages claudicina

Are these teas caffeinated? I'm allergic to caffeine and love tea!

TeatuliaBrianne

michellew925 wrote:Is there WINE in your tea???

It does not come with wine in it, but hey... what happens when it gets to you is your business

gengenja

michellew925 wrote:Is there WINE in your tea???

Wow, that was a bit snarky. There will be if you brew your tea in wine-though that might not bring out the proper flavors of either, but you could try.

devilshopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devilshopper

Yeah, it is just you Chocolate goes with Wine! Coffee is for when you have to go to work, after drinking too much wine the night before. Cheese goes with Wine! The tea is for when you have had too much coffee at work and you need to calm down before you go out with the gang to drink more wine, eat more cheese and drizzle chocolate all over your favorite lovers.

TeatuliaBrianne

claudicina wrote:Are these teas caffeinated? I'm allergic to caffeine and love tea!

These 3 teas are all Organic Black tea and in the case of Neem Nectar - Organic Black tea blended with Neem Leaf. So yes, they are all caffeinated. Teatulia.com does offer 2 Herbal Infusion that do not contain caffeine though. Look for Lemongrass Herbal Infusion and Ginger Herbal Infusion.

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie

These are fabulous teas. The parachute style bags have true intact tea leaves, not tea dust, and the flavors are clean.

I personally prefer some of the other flavors more than those currently offered, but I'm not a coffee drinker so your mileage may vary.

Bought two sets of last offering, planning to give one away as a hostess gift. Kept both for myself. They're that good.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

celebritypharmacist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celebritypharmacist
claudicina wrote:Are these teas caffeinated? I'm allergic to caffeine and love tea!

It's always best to assume that black tea contains caffeine unless otherwise explicitly stated. Even green tea contains some, only herbal teas, and rooibos possibly, are generally devoid of caffeine.

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo

Don't forget the toffee!

I think wine.woot! offers gourmet treats because they presume wine drinkers have a discerning palate.

I appreciate the snack offerings.

highaltitudehigh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highaltitudehigh
devilshopper wrote:Yeah, it is just you Chocolate goes with Wine! Coffee is for when you have to go to work, after drinking too much wine the night before. Cheese goes with Wine! The tea is for when you have had too much coffee at work and you need to calm down before you go out with the gang to drink more wine, eat more cheese and drizzle chocolate all over your favorite lovers.

Now THAT is a quality post!!

Nicely stated, devilshopper. :-)

kyle83uw

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kyle83uw
dmkooo wrote:Don't forget the toffee!

I think wine.woot! offers gourmet treats because they presume wine drinkers have a discerning palate.

I appreciate the snack offerings.

Yeah...
Back when it was just 1 offering a week, there was 1 wine offering.
There's *still* 1 wine offering every monday that you can order all week long...they've added 2 additional offers- sometimes wine, sometimes not...but it's still as much "wine" woot as it's ever been...

If the non-wine offerings bother you so much, just check here on Mondays.

*edit*
And I'm on the fence on this one- really sounds good, but I've been trying to keep the CC in the wallet...

airjesse123

quality posts: 12 Private Messages airjesse123

Might have to hop on just to see what the Neem tea tastes like. Never seen Neem in a food product, but run across it often in the sustainable farming sector.

http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev.en.35.010190.001415

specvic

quality posts: 7 Private Messages specvic

I bought the 6 pack sampler here a while ago. These 3 were my favorite of the 6. Definitely buying again.

dvdparvu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dvdparvu

It looks like the Neem tea turns out to have a potential positive affect for people with diabetes. I'm going to buy one and see if my dad notices anything!

dvdparvu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dvdparvu

Wait a minute. Do you have to be 21 to buy tea too??

KiraNoFutago

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KiraNoFutago

Just a few tips for those who may buy it who don't know much about tea and tea brewing:

• One tea bag is good for one glass/cup of water, while three tea bags will be good for a decent sized teapot (if you're wanting to make more at a time).
  • Boil your water from cold tap, not already warm/hot tap, and never reboil your water. Reheating hot water gives tea a flat taste.
  • You can generally use the same tea bag a second time, and some teas are good for more steepings than that (always steeping it a minute longer than the time before). Remembering to use it that second time doubles the glasses of tea you get out of your set.
  • For those worried about caffination, most (though not all) of the caffiene is in the first brew, so dumping the first cup and resteeping the bag (don't forget that it's 4 minutes, not 3 this time!) will make for a mostly non-caffinated cup of tea.

Just a few tips to make the tea a more pleasant experience.

Tygress

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Tygress
celebritypharmacist wrote:It's always best to assume that black tea contains caffeine unless otherwise explicitly stated. Even green tea contains some, only herbal teas, and rooibos possibly, are generally devoid of caffeine.

All tea that does not say "CAFFEINE FREE" contains some caffeine. Black tea has the most caffeine of any tea, green under that, decaf under that. YES, decaffeinated tea contains SOME caffeine. Roobios (sp?) is herbal tea.

Stash Tea has a great chart (and page) about caffeine in beverages. See: http://www.stashtea.com/caffeine.htm

I am extremely sensitive to all things caffeine and do not partake in any, including chocolate, so I am very conscious of whatever contains caffeine.

StrangeAngel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StrangeAngel

My thoughts are that tea, chocolates, cheeses, etc. are all things I think of as being part of relaxed or semi-formal "cocktail" chats. A nice wine, some cheese and chocolates on trays, maybe some special tea before breaking it up and heading home... sounds like it goes together to me.

MooseOfReason

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MooseOfReason

It's about 33 cents per cup. My usual cup is about 15 cents at most. I'm a cheap bastard.

I'd consider getting this if it's good. Are they good?

ViperEagle

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ViperEagle

I was just saying that I need more Teatulia Tea as I ran out last month. I bought Teatulia from woot last time and I liked it a lot. I liked the Breakfast tea and the Black tea. I don't remember exactly how the Neem tea was, but I drank it all so it couldn't have been that bad. I am a little disappointed though because the Earl of Bengal was my favorite and it isn't in here.

The pyramid bags are awesome, it makes it easier for me to get good tea without having to bring all the things needed for loose leaf tea.

I would definitely recommend you try this if you haven't already!

cymbalmonkey

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cymbalmonkey

Going in for the dive. I've been on an endless pursuit for my "favorite tea". Here's to hoping it'll be a good one.

Can we get confirmation on whether or not this will ship in something coated in "wine.woot!" labels? I'm 19 and I look twelve--I'm afraid the delivery man won't deliver me my tea, even if I insist it's high-class tea goodness, if it's in a box that implies otherwise.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

stardate820926

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stardate820926

Decided to give these a shot. I prefer tea to coffee and these sound pretty amazing.

keeper of the Woot Monkey menagerie

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire

Oman. If it was the White instead of Neem I would be all over this. Went through my Bengal Breakfast, Black, and White pretty quickly from the last time Teatulia was offered. Might still do it anyway...