Cesare

quality posts: 1627 Private Messages Cesare

Product Website

Teatulia on Twitter

Teatulia on Vimeo

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

Anyone know if these would make a kickin' sun tea? We keep looking for a brand that works, but can't get no satisfaction.

mllemeranii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mllemeranii

I've never tried this tea, but I'm disappointed that they're tea bags.

Loose leaf all the way.

DieselPete09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DieselPete09

Looks like wine.woot is back to being gourmet.woot for the next few days.

rubysoho

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rubysoho

Never had wine.woot freeze at 12 a.m....Anyway, are these teas packaged in wooden containers? Can't really tell on the bigger picture.

insurgent

quality posts: 1 Private Messages insurgent

Kinda hard to take the Nestea Plunge with these dry-assed leaves!
I'll get them anyway since the GF like this stuff.

diannap

quality posts: 7 Private Messages diannap

Not my thing...so I guess I have a few days before I need to come back to wine.woot...

My husband is happy, I'm sure.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

So what's the cellar window on these?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

specvic

quality posts: 7 Private Messages specvic
mllemeranii wrote:I've never tried this tea, but I'm disappointed that they're tea bags.

Loose leaf all the way.

Word.

I'm in for one just to try it out. Much more expensive on their site.

burrnini

quality posts: 10 Private Messages burrnini
mllemeranii wrote:Loose leaf all the way.

definitely.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
auggie24 wrote:Anyone know if these would make a kickin' sun tea? We keep looking for a brand that works, but can't get no satisfaction.

Don't know about these, but my family has always had the best sun tea from Paradise Tropical Tea.

They also have it in Decaf, and other flavors as well.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Everbody

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Everbody

Sun tea? Iced tea? Best way is to cold brew. Use less tea than you think you need in a glass container, water and put in the fridge. Wait 12-24 hours and enjoy great tea that won't melt the ice and get watered down.

When you make sun tea you're putting organic vegetable material in warm water, a great environment for bacteria.

------------------------
Quid malmborg im Plano
------------------------

rubysoho

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rubysoho
auggie24 wrote:Anyone know if these would make a kickin' sun tea? We keep looking for a brand that works, but can't get no satisfaction.

By the way, you probably shouldn't be making sun tea. The water never gets hot enough to kill off the bacteria on the leaves or in the water, and that can make you ill. Kind of like a case of food poisoning in every cup!

I checked around just to make sure this was actually correct - my dad always warned us against it, and I was unsure as to whether it was just an "old dad's tale" or held any truth - turns out dad was right.

So the only kickin' you'll do with sun tea is kickin' yourself in the head for not taking the three to five minutes it takes to boil some water.

DVvM

quality posts: 11 Private Messages DVvM

Now, I'm a bit of a tea snob as an advocate of loose leaf teas, but doesn't $30 for 96 (6x16) cups of tea seem a little pricey?

4 ounces of loose leaf tea generally will make around 50 cups (more if your tea is good for multiple infusions, like most green teas). So in terms of price comparison, you would buy about 8 ounces of loose leaf tea in order to make as many cups as this offer. So are you really getting more bang for your buck with this woot than you would for loose leaf teas that run $15/4 oz, or less?

You can buy some of the better teas in the world for $15/4 oz at a reliable tea seller. Above that price range you're talking about rare hand-made teas (which run about $18-$30/4 oz in my experience).

So to anybody who has had this brand, do you really get comparable quality of tea as you would with say, a $9/4 oz Assam Sessa TGFOP or a nice (but inexpensive) green like Chun Mee or Pi Lo Chun?

FlySaab

quality posts: 4 Private Messages FlySaab

Pretty good deal, it's twice the price on their web site. I'm also a big proponent of loose leaf, but I've used that type of pyramid shaped tea bags with good results. They are much bigger than the usual kind and allow the tea room to expand for better flavor. I have not tried this brand of tea before.

Everbody

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Everbody
burrnini wrote:definitely.

Loose tea recipe: Remove tea from container, place in brewing vessel. Container can be a tin, box or bag.

------------------------
Quid malmborg im Plano
------------------------

Winedavid39

quality posts: 202 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

FlySaab wrote:Pretty good deal, it's twice the price on their web site. I'm also a big proponent of loose leaf, but I've used that type of pyramid shaped tea bags with good results. They are much bigger than the usual kind and allow the tea room to expand for better flavor. I have not tried this brand of tea before.

Yea, if you click on each title of the tea down below it shows the tea bags. nice touch.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Thanks woot Got me a set.

that was fun while it lasted!

llrpurch

quality posts: 6 Private Messages llrpurch

I love tasting fine teas but the wallets empty after a splurge on Octavia teas. They make a one with roses and roobios that makes the most awesome sun tea! Even better with a little touch of cream and spoon of sugar, goes great with the homemade Thai we like so spicy. Never had this brand...will be reading the boards like you to gain feedback from actual Teatulia uses.

Cool change for wine.woot!
But I'm still jones'n for cheese.woot. Yum!
llrpurch

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan

For some reason Tea Bags just seem like the perfect offering for my 69th wine woot.

In for one.

ps: and WD, I promise to keep my comments clean next week.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

rainydz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rainydz

They will be shocked at work when tea shows up instead of wine! hmmmm....hope they won't think my upcoming "vacation" is really something else.

runtlee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages runtlee

How long from harvest are these? In beer terms...Is there a "born on" date?

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu
DVvM wrote:Now, I'm a bit of a tea snob as an advocate of loose leaf teas, but doesn't $30 for 96 (6x16) cups of tea seem a little pricey?

4 ounces of loose leaf tea generally will make around 50 cups (more if your tea is good for multiple infusions, like most green teas). So in terms of price comparison, you would buy about 8 ounces of loose leaf tea in order to make as many cups as this offer. So are you really getting more bang for your buck with this woot than you would for loose leaf teas that run $15/4 oz, or less?

You can buy some of the better teas in the world for $15/4 oz at a reliable tea seller. Above that price range you're talking about rare hand-made teas (which run about $18-$30/4 oz in my experience).

So to anybody who has had this brand, do you really get comparable quality of tea as you would with say, a $9/4 oz Assam Sessa TGFOP or a nice (but inexpensive) green like Chun Mee or Pi Lo Chun?

you get 50 cups out of 4 ozs!? I don't even get 25.

EllChan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EllChan
mllemeranii wrote:I've never tried this tea, but I'm disappointed that they're tea bags.

Loose leaf all the way.

They are actually silky tea pyramids, which is a bit better than bags. I have tried and loved them. Teatulia also has loose leaf available on their website.

EllChan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EllChan
rubysoho wrote:Never had wine.woot freeze at 12 a.m....Anyway, are these teas packaged in wooden containers? Can't really tell on the bigger picture.

If the containers are the same as when I last got some (December '08), it is a cardboard container with a clever bubble wrap between the container itself and the tea pyramids. It is actually pretty brilliant as an eco-friendly design.

meleechampion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meleechampion

I am intrigued. I've never bought a wine woot and, while I meet the age requirement, (since this is tea) do you think I need to be home when the package arrives? The advice of using a business address makes me hesitate.

pomodesign

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pomodesign

In for one. Like the ethics of the company, and what few reviews I could google up looked good.
Nice mention of wine woot in today's LA Times (Wednesday). Except they had the url as winewoot.com.

promisewatson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages promisewatson
rubysoho wrote:By the way, you probably shouldn't be making sun tea. The water never gets hot enough to kill off the bacteria on the leaves or in the water, and that can make you ill. Kind of like a case of food poisoning in every cup!

I checked around just to make sure this was actually correct - my dad always warned us against it, and I was unsure as to whether it was just an "old dad's tale" or held any truth - turns out dad was right.

So the only kickin' you'll do with sun tea is kickin' yourself in the head for not taking the three to five minutes it takes to boil some water.

Seriously dude? You sound like you're afraid of your own shadow. I've had more sun tea than you can shake a stick at, and I've never gotten sick from it. I have, however, gotten sick from eating properly cooked shrimp, so, yeah, not too big into eating shrimp anymore.

But back to the sun tea - what kind of cheap tea are you buying that there are bacteria in it? What country do you live in that you have to boil your water?

If you want some awesome sun tea, just use basic tea brand like Nestle, that stuff is the bomb. Or your could just run around your house all day sanitizing things and never going outside. Your choice.

kyle83uw

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kyle83uw

Does anyone know what the caffeine content is w/ these?
The chart here
http://www.stashtea.com/caffeine.htm
has some general information on different types of tea, but are any of these de-caff?

kyle83uw

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kyle83uw
promisewatson wrote:Seriously dude? You sound like you're afraid of your own shadow. I've had more sun tea than you can shake a stick at, and I've never gotten sick from it. I have, however, gotten sick from eating properly cooked shrimp, so, yeah, not too big into eating shrimp anymore.

But back to the sun tea - what kind of cheap tea are you buying that there are bacteria in it? What country do you live in that you have to boil your water?

If you want some awesome sun tea, just use basic tea brand like Nestle, that stuff is the bomb. Or your could just run around your house all day sanitizing things and never going outside. Your choice.

I have to agree with this...I drank sun tea every summer as a kid, and I never (nor did anyone in my family) have any problems with it.

Then again, I defrost my meats on my counter top, eat burgers medium rare etc so those things don't worry me too much. *knocks on wood* never had any sort of food poisoning.

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
promisewatson wrote:Seriously dude? You sound like you're afraid of your own shadow. I've had more sun tea than you can shake a stick at, and I've never gotten sick from it. I have, however, gotten sick from eating properly cooked shrimp, so, yeah, not too big into eating shrimp anymore.

Ja... love me some sun tea. Never been sick from it. I drink that kombucha stuff though so maybe I just like tasty, tasty bacteria in my tea.

In for one. My first wine.woot!

hananoheiwa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hananoheiwa

Those worries are not unfounded.

ANY tea, no matter how it is brewed, does contain bacteria that grows when the tea is left out at room temperature for too long.

That sour taste tea gets after it has been sitting for a while? That's the bacteria going to work. They also cause the slimy film that shows up when tea is left out too long(I clean tea urns as part of my job).

But, the others are also correct. While this bacteria CAN make you sick, most people never consume enough of it to have a bad reaction to it. Our bodies are equipped to handle minor amounts of bacteria in our food/drinks.

Truelyscrumptious

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Truelyscrumptious
pomodesign wrote:
Nice mention of wine woot in today's LA Times (Wednesday). Except they had the url as winewoot.com.

They'll still get here 'cause there's a redirect.

Australia_

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Australia_

do they still actually sell wine over here? salts? teas? cookies? i think i'll get this though ;)

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov

kosher?

CharlenieHead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CharlenieHead
kyle83uw wrote:Does anyone know what the caffeine content is w/ these?
The chart here
http://www.stashtea.com/caffeine.htm
has some general information on different types of tea, but are any of these de-caff?

None of these teas are herbal (according to the website, the neem one is a blend w/ black), and they don't say decaff, so you're in for a tea buzz with these.

CharlenieHead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CharlenieHead

Has anybody ever had neem tea? I hope it doesn't taste as bad as neem oil smells. What are the medicinal benefits of ingesting it anyway?

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

How good is this deal?

These seem like just the thing after sampling a four-pack of wine from woot the night before. And at this discount rate you won't even regret it once the hangover clears.

Click the link above for full discount details.

If you've checked the Teatulia website, you'll have noticed they have three-packs available for slightly less than the combined individual retail prices. However, you cannot get these six teas with any two three-packs available on the website. The discount is also only about $1.00 - $2.00 per three-pack, so I have used the individual canister prices for this spreadsheet.

CT | | | | | |