ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
WineWootaholic wrote:You "might be" a wine woot addict, if you set yourself up with several ID's. just in case you actually have the money, to buy more than the 3 allowed...

Or even worse, if you don't have the money, and buy them anyway.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
WineWootaholic wrote:You "might be" a wine woot addict, if you set yourself up with several ID's. just in case you actually have the money, to buy more than the 3 allowed...

Or to get two birthday discount codes.

And they're both black.

Not that I know anybody like that...

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

You might be a Wine Woot addict.....

if you have so much wine coming from Wine Woot that you don't care if one offer is two weeks late.

Or three weeks.

Or four.....

(as of 2011-03-02)

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

If you try to type cardigan and instead type out carignan...

You might be.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

Lighter wrote:Now I have to figure out which bill is getting a late payment so I can do this!

If you have to choose between paying a bill or buying the current offer, and you choose the wine...

... you probably are a w.w addict!

WineWootaholic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WineWootaholic

If you look at your favorite places/bookmarks on your internet, and notice the top 3 places, are wine.woot, wine.woot/monday, wine.woot/forums.

You might be a.....

A man not old, but mellow, like good wine,
Stephen Phillips (1845-1915)

"I love cooking with wine, Sometimes I even put it in the food."

33 wine.woot's, 9 woot-off wines

cheron98

When the number of wooter friends on Facebook outnumbers your other lists, and you've met most of them in person...

... you might be ...

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

If you talk your friends into buying $150 HALF bottles of wine.

**(sorry)**

not.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

When the offer comes up, and you're like, yay chard, I can pass!

CT

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8

When putting the credit cards in the freezer doesn't work... because you have PayPal... and you have memorized the security numbers for the credit cards...

...,yeah. You're in trouble.

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

cheron98

CpprCr8 wrote:When putting the credit cards in the freezer doesn't work... because you have PayPal... and you have memorized the security numbers for the credit cards...

...,yeah. You're in trouble.

Nevermind the security numbers, I memorized the account numbers!

WV69

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WV69

...when your job frequently requires running 2 concurrent computers for streaming live events, and upon seeing a wine.woot-off, you immediately send a high-priority email to your I.T. Department to bring a third laptop to your office so you can better "keep an eye on 'things.'"

[insert cry for help]

ddeuddeg

WV69 wrote:...when your job frequently requires running 2 concurrent computers for streaming live events, and upon seeing a wine.woot-off, you immediately send a high-priority email to your I.T. Department to bring a third laptop to your office so you can better "keep an eye on 'things.'"

[insert cry for help]

This is truly scary.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

zorandra

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zorandra

When you sit around all night with a bottle of wine and refuse to go anywhere else because there has been quite a wootoff going on and you have already missed much awesomeness because of work and your stupid HTC phone that would not login so now it is just you, your laptop and this bottle of Syrah your little bro got your for Christmas as you watch the wootoff unfold on w.w...

You might be a w.w addict!

And you might also have a bit of a buzz.

I don't want the world, I just want your half. - TMBG, "Ana Ng"
CT (working on it)

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Krugsters wrote:If you talk your friends into buying $150 HALF bottles of wine.

**(sorry)**

not.

Heh, only just noticed this one. Good one, even though it's only relation to wine.woot addict is that is how I met you.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ssufish

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ssufish
cheron98 wrote:If you keep a corkscrew in your car because "It's an essential tool", just in case you go somewhere and they don't have a corkscrew...

... well, yeah.

Exactly!! I keep one not only in my travel toiletry bag, but also my suitcase and backpack. You can never be too prepared...

ddeuddeg

ssufish wrote:Exactly!! I keep one not only in my travel toiletry bag, but also my suitcase and backpack. You can never be too prepared...

Just be sure to put it in your checked suitcase, not your carry-on, if you're flying.

ddeuddeg

You might be a wine.woot addict if you're still reading ddeuddeg's preposterous rambles even after it has become clear that he's gone over the edge.
EDIT: Technically, I guess that only makes you a wine.woot pub addict.

crabbyman22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages crabbyman22

We keep a Leatherman picnic tool in the Aztek(the party car).Corkscrew,knife for cheese and other stuff.SO took it on vacation to Wyoming last year and forgot to check it on the way back.I saw the security guy at the airport open up the knife to her and thought she was going to jail.They let her mail it home.

"Alcohol-the cause of,and solution to,all of life's problems"
Homer(Simpson)

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
ddeuddeg wrote:Just be sure to put it in your checked suitcase, not your carry-on, if you're flying.

I wonder, could one board with an ah-so?

CT

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
bkarney wrote:I wonder, could one board with an ah-so?

Probably not. The shafts are too long. They get skittish over metal nail files. I can only imagine what they would think with an ah-so.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
WV69 wrote:...when your job frequently requires running 2 concurrent computers for streaming live events, and upon seeing a wine.woot-off, you immediately send a high-priority email to your I.T. Department to bring a third laptop to your office so you can better "keep an eye on 'things.'"

[insert cry for help]

You truly transcend awesome

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

JOATMON

When the first thing you think of when you wife is on the way to the hospital to give birth is getting a labrat bottle.

(as of 2011-03-02)

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
ddeuddeg wrote:Just be sure to put it in your checked suitcase, not your carry-on, if you're flying.

I got tagged by that the last time I flew. I was receiving some wine at my wine locker and the Wellington club shipment came with an opener. I put it my my computer bag (have to enter things directly into CellarTracker) and just forgot about it until TSA pulled me aside and reminded me...

-- T
(not an addict...)

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
zTimothyBz wrote:I got tagged by that the last time I flew. I was receiving some wine at my wine locker and the Wellington club shipment came with an opener. I put it my my computer bag (have to enter things directly into CellarTracker) and just forgot about it until TSA pulled me aside and reminded me...

-- T
(not an addict...)

SWMBO carries a corkscrew in her purse (I'm the addict) and TSA said she could take it on board, no worries (addiction enabled).

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
JOATMON wrote:When the first thing you think of when you wife is on the way to the hospital to give birth is getting a labrat bottle.

Are congrats in order or was this someone else?

When you're busy three of the next four weekends to meet wooters in three different states.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tenuki wrote:Are congrats in order or was this someone else?

When you're busy three of the next four weekends to meet wooters in three different states.

I believe it was Pengu1n who did so.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

...when you try to open up Word by going to Start->Run and entering winword and it takes you 5 tries because your fingers keep trying to make it wineword...

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
JOATMON wrote:You might be a Wine Woot addict.....

if you have so much wine coming from Wine Woot that you don't care if one offer is two weeks late.

Or three weeks.

Or four.....

Or you hope they are two three or four weeks late!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

tytiger58

cheron98 wrote:If you're watching Two and a Half Men and convince yourself that the wine in the background in Monkey Prize...

... you might be a w.w addict

If your working on Two and a Half Men and watching a wine wootoff on your phone and you excuse yourself during a take to try and get a set of Corison verticals before they sell out!

I need help!!!

Cheers!

JOATMON

tytiger58 wrote:If your working on Two and a Half Men and watching a wine wootoff on your phone and you excuse yourself during a take to try and get a set of Corison verticals before they sell out!

I need help!!!

Cheers!

Does this mean that the bottle in the background of Two and a Half Men could actually have been Monkey Prize?

(as of 2011-03-02)

Cesare

quality posts: 1650 Private Messages Cesare
JOATMON wrote:Does this mean that the bottle in the background of Two and a Half Men could actually have been Monkey Prize?

Already proven it wasn't.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MarkDaSpark

You might be a Wine.Woot addict if you ....

.... are holding wine for a fellow wooter (non Woot wine) in one of your wine lockers, and it's not in the first one (opening all the boxes it could be in), you start on the second one (opening the ones on the outside that it could be in), and then decide to look in the boxes in the third one.

And the two bottles you are looking for are on top with the other loose ones in the third locker. Where you put them so you could find them easily when it was time.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tytiger58

You might be a Wine.Woot addict...

Memorial day

7:30am
Wake up to coffee with Le Caramel syrup.

1:30pm Finish up a bottle of Macrostie syrah while making a homemade pizza with Creminelli salami toppings.

3:30pm

Eat pizza with a bottle of La Famiglia Barbara.

6:30pm

Strawberry's drizzled with Cavedoni Italian Balsamic.

8:30pm

Ice cream with Le Caramel topping!

I would like to thank WD and Wine.Woot for helping me grow this second chin and in general helping me look more like Jabba the Hut!

Cheers!

cheron98

When you finally get around to updating your CellarTracker and remove a good case and a half of Woot Cellars wines and add in about a case of mixed others, and this is the result you get:

... you might just be a wine.woot! addict.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

When you see someone else talking about groupings in CT and you do your own, and this is what you see:

Purchases Grouped By: Store 18 found (since June'07)
Wine.Woot (462 bottles, avg. $16.28, total $7,519.67)
Wine Library (232 bottles, avg. $17.50, total $4,059.54)
Winery (41 bottles, avg. $22.67, total $929.36)
Cinderella Wine (WL) (24 bottles, avg. $25.92, total $622.00)
Wines 'Til Sold Out (47 bottles, avg. $12.99, total $610.57)
WineBid (12 bottles, avg. $38.89, total $466.69)

AND

Wines Grouped By: Producer 160 found
Woot Cellars (60 bottles, 11.05%)
Ty Caton (46 bottles & 2 pending, 8.84%)
Wellington Vineyards (44 bottles, 8.10%)
Twisted Oak (20 bottles & 1 pending, 3.87%)
Kent Rasmussen (17 bottles, 3.13%)
Super Hero Wines (13 bottles, 2.39%)
Vino Noceto (13 bottles, 2.39%)
Scott Harvey (11 bottles, 2.03%)
Corison (6 bottles & 4 pending, 1.84%)
Madison Cellars (9 bottles, 1.66%)

....you might be a Wine.Woot addict!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

Amateurs!!!

Woot Cellars (108 bottles, 9.57%) - Not including 12 more Albino Rhino Edit: Umm, err, plus 3 more EHP gift packs.

Wine.Woot (580 bottles)

k1avg

quality posts: 82 Private Messages k1avg
cheron98 wrote:If your UPS store guy asks, as he hands you a box of wine, "So is your house just, like, filled with wine?"

And the only answer you can give is, "Pretty much..."

... you might be a wine.woot addict.

Today, while dropping off a case, my FedEx guy said "Dang, Mr. Simmons, I want to come party with you!" and it reminded me of this thread.

--
Lawyer (of sorts) by day. Drinker of fine wines, homebrewer of fine beers, connoisseur of fine Scotches by night.
The current holdings.

rfrusso

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rfrusso

I'm sure its been mentioned before....

When you receive wine you completely forgot you bought.... yup, you might be a wine.woot addict!

MarkDaSpark

If you start discussing who/what/when each of the Woot Cellars wines were offered on Wine.Woot on a special thread just for them ......

.... you might be a WWA!