Nostrom0

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Nostrom0
Krugsters wrote:If you know exactly how many times Sparky has been ratted and are a wee bit jealous and planning some sort of revenge on a boat...

You aren't related to Thomas Ince, are you?

Stash at CT

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
MarkDaSpark wrote:Hey!

If you've flown cross-country 3 times to go to Eastern Wine.Woot gatherings, once to Chicago and Denver for Wine.Woot gatherings, and are still planning on flying cross-country again to get on a boat where other wooters may try to make you walk the plank .....

.... you might be a wine.woot addict.

If when looking at your Cellar Tracker, and you notice that your Wine.Woot purchases are almost double the next Store (and number 1 on the list) ......

..... you might be a wine.woot addict (and both are good reasons WHY you might be a multiple labrat!).

hee, hee

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
Nostrom0 wrote:You aren't related to Thomas Ince, are you?

I had to google this:
On November 19, 1924, the silent film producer and 'father of the Western' died, officially of a heart attack suffered while on a weekend boat trip with William Randolph Hearst aboard Hearst's lavish yacht, the Oneida, while attending a cruise in honor of Ince's 42nd birthday. Other prominent guests in attendance were actor Charlie Chaplin, newspaper columnist Louella Parsons, author Elinor Glyn and film actresses Marion Davies, Aileen Pringle, Jacqueline Logan, Seena Owen, Margaret Livingston and Julanne Johnston.

In the years since, several conflicting stories have circulated about Ince's death, often revolving around the claim that Hearst shot Ince in a fit of jealousy (or shot Ince accidentally while fighting with Chaplin over Davies) and used his power and influence to cover up the killing.

A 2001 film directed by Peter Bogdanovich, The Cat's Meow, tells a tale based on these rumors. Bogdanovich claims he heard the story of Ince's death from director Orson Welles who in turn said he heard it from writer Herman J. Mankiewicz. Ince is portrayed in the film by Cary Elwes, William Randolph Hearst is portrayed by Edward Herrmann, Marion Davies is portrayed by Kirsten Dunst, and Charlie Chaplin is portrayed by Eddie Izzard.

'friggin', frakkin', frock...not only did I have to google NOW I have to NetFlix The Cat's Meow. Ugh.
Plus, I would never use a gun.
Might accidentally slip on the blood and spill some wine.

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

If you're at a conferene and you're checking wine.woot from your crappy phone, you might be a wine.woot addict.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder
Krugsters wrote:I had to google this:
Ince is portrayed in the film by Cary Elwes

PB Connection!
{edit: if you see PB connections like this, you might...etc. etc. etc. ?}

Dude... wait, what?

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Just for Yumitori...

cjsiege wrote:The cat is eating my potato salad. Great.

yumitori wrote:You might be a Wine.Woot! addict if you post to the pub before chasing the cat out of your food...

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori

You might be a Wine.Woot! addict if you see the headline Police investigated in Parker’s surrogate case and wonder what's going on with the 'Wine Advocate' now.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
yumitori wrote:You might be a Wine.Woot! addict if you see the headline Police investigated in Parker’s surrogate case and wonder what's going on with the 'Wine Advocate' now.

No, I think that just makes you a WINE addict

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
otolith wrote:If you're at a conferene and you're checking wine.woot from your crappy phone, you might be a wine.woot addict.

What if you do this from the bedroom, the toilet, walking down the hallway at work, waiting for your wife to try on clothes, ...

(note to VA State Police, I did not say "at a red light")

CT | | | | | |

WineWootaholic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WineWootaholic

If you are reading all three pages of this thread, and figure out about half of the comments apply to you

Then you are a WineWootAholic..........

A man not old, but mellow, like good wine,
Stephen Phillips (1845-1915)

"I love cooking with wine, Sometimes I even put it in the food."

33 wine.woot's, 9 woot-off wines

cheron98

WineWootaholic wrote:If you are reading all three pages of this thread, and figure out about half of the comments apply to you

Then you are a WineWootAholic..........

only half?

WineWootaholic

cheron98 wrote:only half?

Well, Maybe closer to 75%, I was trying to be conservative, plus remember, I basically took about 14 months off due to illness, and no wine

cheron98

LoonBoarder wrote:Watching Two and a Half Men last night with DW, there was a scene where one of the characters poured a couple glasses of wine. I swear the label on one of the bottles was Monkey Prize.

If you're watching Two and a Half Men and convince yourself that the wine in the background in Monkey Prize...

... you might be a w.w addict

cjsiege

lauratchi wrote:So my niece Katie lives in Eau Claire (about 5 hrs from me) and is visiting her pal in Milwaukee for the week... so she is just up the road. 90ish minutes depending on destruction.

She messages me on Facebook and says... "you still order from that wine.woot don't you".

Yeah, so, she and her pal are driving down to get free wine. I can hear the conversation now.

Katie: Do we have any wine left?
Friend : No.... you drank it all. Want to go to the liquor store?
Katie: No, I'm broke. But we can take a ride to Chicago. My aunt has a basement full. She likes me. She'll even give you some.
Friend: So why aren't we on the road yet.

And I am actually happy that I am clearing some stuff out.

If you are happy to see your freeloading niece because her "bumming a couple of bottles" will help you free up some cellar space...

You're not only a w.w addict, but you're very generous as well.

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

If your UPS driver signs for you and leaves your delivery out of the sun and in the garage ...

... you might be a w.w addict

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

NonnaWY

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonnaWY

You might be a wine.woot addict if you really consider returning your new spiffy Droid phone because a Ty Caton TyTanium offer came up the very next day.

I will drink no wine before it's time. What time is it, anyway?

Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly.

Cesare

quality posts: 1675 Private Messages Cesare
NonnaWY wrote:You might be a wine.woot addict if you really consider returning your new spiffy Droid phone because a Ty Caton TyTanium offer came up the very next day.

Whoa that's a good one! I just went to the Verizon store today to look at it, seemed very nice.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

WineWootaholic

Cesare wrote:Whoa that's a good one! I just went to the Verizon store today to look at it, seemed very nice.

They have woot wine at the Verizon store....WOW.....

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
soochee wrote:If you've had to drive to the UPS Processing center in the middle of the night, because you kept missing your UPS guy and couldn't let your shipment to be returned.

...or now your UPS guy knows your schedule and will make an extra loop so that you get your wine.

... you might be a wine.woot addict.

THAT is what is finally going to convince me to stop ordering from wine.woot. Can't we add an option to ship via FedEX? UPS leaps into the vacuum!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
conroo wrote:If your UPS driver signs for you and leaves your delivery out of the sun and in the garage ...

How do you manage to convince him to do that? All my deliverators, save the FexEx guy, are Procrustean drones.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
ckeilah wrote:How do you manage to convince him to do that? All my deliverators, save the FexEx guy, are Procrustean drones.

Yeah, mine too. Our regular FedEx guy is totally cool, he actually calls to make sure it's OK to leave it. Of course, I made sure I caught up with him and thanked him with a couple of nice bottles at holiday time.
For a while, there was a UPS regular guy who would leave it, but he got hurt and we had a succession of temporaries who went strictly by company policy. Now I don't know what's going on: sometimes it gets left, sometimes they leave a tag. And I can't ask when I see the guy, "Are you the one who left the last 2 shipments when I wasn't home?" If he's not the one, somebody might get in trouble.
I understand why the laws require an adult signature, they (and we) don't want alcohol falling into the wrong hands, which is the reason some states (NJ, I believe) ban such shipments altogether. And UPS doesn't want to be held liable, so their policy is to obey the law, for which you really can't blame them.
So whenever they leave a tag on the door, I call right away and tell them to hold it for pickup. That gives me a week to get to the UPS Depot, which is only 3 miles away, and stopping in on the way home from school only takes me about a mile out of the way. I really feel for the folks who have an hour+ drive. That would begin to eat into the considerable savings we enjoy here.
If you can manage to catch up with the driver once, and get him to make a second loop, be sure to thank him properly, but don't leave a gratuity in advance, hoping he'll leave it. Somebody posted here a few months back that he did that and the guy took the money, but didn't leave the wine.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

You might be a wine woot addict ..... if you are a warm weather person and seriously consider flying to a wine.woot gathering in Wyoming and/or Buffalo in January.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

If you keep a corkscrew in your car because "It's an essential tool", just in case you go somewhere and they don't have a corkscrew...

... well, yeah.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
cheron98 wrote:If you keep a corkscrew in your car because "It's an essential tool", just in case you go somewhere and they don't have a corkscrew...

... well, yeah.

That's funny - I was out with a friend of mine yesterday and she was looking through my purse and asked why I carried a corkscrew with me all the time. Well duh - In case I need to open a bottle!

rlrct

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rlrct
ddeuddeg wrote:If you walk into the UPS depot to pick up your wine shipment, and the entire staff knows your name and address...

... you could be a wine.woot addict.

Sort of like you're standing in the pickup line at UPS, the guy sees you and just automatically brings out your boxes of wine and doesn't even want to see your id.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

If you chase the FedEx driver, ignoring traffic laws because you know he/she just came from your house, that SOB has your labrat bottle, and he/she wasn't willing to leave it at the door.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cjsiege

If you buy an extra order of wine, just so you can have some to trade later...

...you are definitely a wine.woot addict -- with a whole lot of extra cash laying around.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
rlrct wrote:Sort of like you're standing in the pickup line at UPS, the guy sees you and just automatically brings out your boxes of wine and doesn't even want to see your id.

Exactly. Have you been following me?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
aces219 wrote:Now I am in epidural happy land in active labor, so I am feeling much more patient! I suspect I have probably heard all the actuary jokes. I know, you should tell me heartwarming stories about when your own children were born.

If you're all epi'd up, and about to pop out a baby, and you're STILL on the forum chatting away....

....you just might be a wine.woot addict.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

aces219

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aces219
HitAnyKey42 wrote:If you're all epi'd up, and about to pop out a baby, and you're STILL on the forum chatting away....

....you just might be a wine.woot addict.

I may be an addict, but about to pop out a baby is all relative. We are still hours away.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
aces219 wrote:I may be an addict, but about to pop out a baby is all relative. We are still hours away.

If you pop open a KR LH Viognier immediately after your baby is born .....

..... also if said baby's first taste is wine and not mother's milk ....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

If while getting your finger stitched up, you are thinking that they will get a laugh out of this in the Cyber Pub ....

...you might be a wine.woot addict.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

inkwench

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkwench
kylemittskus wrote:...

If you chase the FedEx driver, ignoring traffic laws because you know he/she just came from your house, that SOB has your labrat bottle, and he/she wasn't willing to leave it at the door.

Or when you are blocks and blocks away from home, and the Fed Ex driver tracks you down on the sidewalk to give you your one and only (to date, anyway) lab rat box....

In inverse and not complete order. Rinfrescante. Pepper Bridge. Saxon Brown. Monkey Prize. Vina Robles. Ty Caton Tytanium (always!). Roshambo. Polyphemus. Donati Family. Poizon. Montinore. Kent Rasumussen. Mumm Napa. Boss Monster. Iron Horse. Albino Rhino. White Zeppelin, Buttonwood Farm, 8-Bit, Ty Caton Racchus, Twas!

cjsiege

If you offer free advice to a winemaker... and they actually listen to you...

...you are surely a wine.woot addict!

cheron98

cjsiege wrote:If you offer free advice to a winemaker... and they actually listen to you...

...you are surely a wine.woot addict!

And so is the winemaker

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane

If your son is saving up the pressed cardboard shipping thingies for the walls of his "new sound studio", and tells you he almost has enough!

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

CheeseWootaholic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CheeseWootaholic
MarkDaSpark wrote:You might be a wine woot addict ..... if you are a warm weather person and seriously consider flying to a wine.woot gathering in Wyoming and/or Buffalo in January.

Mark, you may take the "might be" out of your statements, and replace with "are"

Point Reyes Original Blue Cheese, 3 Sisters Artisan,BeeHive

WineWootaholic

You "might be" a wine woot addict, if you set yourself up with several ID's. just in case you actually have the money, to buy more than the 3 allowed...

cjsiege

WineWootaholic wrote:You "might be" a wine woot addict, if you set yourself up with several ID's. just in case you actually have the money, to buy more than the 3 allowed...

Yep! Guilty! 2 IDs and counting....

cheron98

If someone mentions they need new glasses and your first thought is "Riedels?" ...

... you might just be a wine.woot addict