polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22

If you know all the Princess Bride characters and quotes, but have never seen the movie ...

... you might be a wine.woot addict.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bardolator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bardolator

If you ask what "pulling a nallie" is, and you figure you'll get an answer...

...well, okay, that has nothing to do with w.w. addiction. I just really want to know.

(BUT--if you find yourself walking through the grocery store--or liquor store--and turning up your nose at THEIR offerings...you just might be a wine.woot addict.)

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

If you have to recruit more wootleggers to evade the Woot address checker...

... you might be a wine.woot! addict.

cjsiege

bardolator wrote:If you ask what "pulling a nallie" is, and you figure you'll get an answer...

...well, okay, that has nothing to do with w.w. addiction. I just really want to know.

Our [dear] Nallie is famous for saying she is really, really, really going to bed, and then posting at least 3 more times (or for about a half hour) beyond her "Good night, all!" message.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

If you research every offering to see IF it could be shipped to your state, then get WD to add your state, just so you have the opportunity to spend money you don't have ...

... I am a wine.woot addict

----------

merryberry

quality posts: 10 Private Messages merryberry

If you have 2 wine storage areas, and SWMBO only knows about 1 of them....

...You might be wine.woot addict

My Cellar in CT

Nostrom0

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Nostrom0
merryberry wrote:If you have 2 wine storage areas, and SWMBO only knows about 1 of them....

LOL!

Stash at CT

Moondragon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon
polarbear22 wrote:If you know all the Princess Bride characters and quotes, but have never seen the movie ...

I'd probably qualify that with "or read the book," but that's just me.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 225 Private Messages kylemittskus

If you try to incorporate wine drinking with non-wine activities and come up with a catchy name for the amalgamation (ex: sip and sail)...

...you might be a wine.woot addict.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
joelsisk wrote:If you have more wine in your cellar that "belongs" to fellow wooters than most "normal" people have in their own personal collection

...you might be a wine.woot addict

Let's see...
6 for UBlink
3 for justplainjulie
3 for zmanonice
3 for dbergeron

Dammit!

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

Winedavid39

quality posts: 180 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Lighter wrote:If you dream about shaking a wee dram of iocane powder into the samples sent to failed rats . . .

You might have taken a step beyond addiction.

classic..

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad

If u take your laptop to a wine.woot tasting so that u can post in forums,

u might be...

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

cjsiege

If you post in a thread solely to have the Last Post in the topmost 6 threads on the w.o.w.w list...

...you might be a wine.woot! addict.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

If you are having a conversation with someone on the forums even though you are physically in the same place...

...you might be a w.w addict.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 169 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

If you modify the 5 Stages of Acceptance for Wine.Woot ......

.... You might be a wine.woot addict

If you take what another addict created and make it look nice and post the image ......

.... You might be a wine.woot addict

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

You are hoping you get ratted, even tho you didn't order..

yeah, no maybe about it. You are one.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

If you post up comments on photos directed at other w.w members knowing full well that they'll be reading it...

... you might be a w.w addict...

... and so might be the ones the comments were directed at.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

kylemittskus wrote:If you post in the pub from the hospital that you and your newborn children are fine minutes after birth...

...you could be a wine.woot addict.

Um, is that *not* the proper etiquette? Damn...

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 76 Private Messages PetiteSirah

If you dance around the room singing "Petite Sirah Petite Sirah Petite Sirah Petite Sirah" over and over again while dancing around the room when it's in the Sunday night offering...

... you might be a wine.woot addict (with purple teeth).

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

polarbear22 wrote:If you know all the Princess Bride characters and quotes, but have never seen the movie ...

I call "foul" on this one. No true wine.woot addict has never seen the Princess Bride. If one should present him/herself, I would be very put out!

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

(just did this one, so I had to post it)

If you go to one of the other *.woot.com sites and scroll down to see if they'll ship to your state this week...

...yeah, you're one of them thar wine.woot addicts.

cheron98

PetiteSirah wrote:This is WAY overdue. 8A and I didn't invite WD and WF to D&D just for S&G.

If you can read that post and understand every bit of it...

... you might just be a wine.woot! addict.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
Corrado wrote:I call "foul" on this one. No true wine.woot addict has never seen the Princess Bride. If one should present him/herself, I would be very put out!

I've seen bits and pieces of the movie, but have never sat down and watched it from beginning to end.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mwfielder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwfielder

If you suddenly realized during a woot off that you weren't getting your EWN texts because you switched carriers (got an iPhone) and had to leave a patient room (feigning getting paged) to check the site...

you might be an addict!

(yes, I did fill out the form with my new carrier.... ;-)

zero, count 'em, zero quality posts...

crabbyman22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages crabbyman22

...if you have pending deliveries to three different addresses(my Mom,my work,and my wine drinking buddy who has his own business)and they probably all think I have a problem.(my wine drinking buddy knows I have a problem,he helped start it and I made his worse)What,no deliveries to my house?Well,I have a regular woot and sellout.woot pending here.Guess I have woot problem.

"Alcohol-the cause of,and solution to,all of life's problems"
Homer(Simpson)

Winedavid39

quality posts: 180 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Corrado wrote:I call "foul" on this one. No true wine.woot addict has never seen the Princess Bride. If one should present him/herself, I would be very put out!

Tyrone, you know how much i love your work...

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx

If your UPS guy waves at you while you pass each other at 50mph, and you are nowhere near your place of business...

(yeah, that was yesterday *sigh*)

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LoonBoarder
merryberry wrote:If you have 2 wine storage areas, and SWMBO only knows about 1 of them....

How about 3?

Dude... wait, what?

polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22
LoonBoarder wrote:How about 3?

No "might be" about it.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

lbaro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lbaro

your UPS guy thinks your always drunk and hits on you at least twice a week.

I am an addict!

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LoonBoarder

When SWMBO opens the CC bill, scans it, then gives you 'the look'...

[BTW, my kids' friends seem to think I bear a passing resemblance to Jeff Foxworthy, so I'm getting a kick out of this thread.]

Dude... wait, what?

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

When you expect every winery to automatically give you a discount because you tell them you are a wine.wooter...

...you might be a wine.woot addict...

...and maybe a bit of a tightwad...

...but mostly an addict.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

bardolator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bardolator

You're kidding, right? It's inconthievable you would be serious.

(Or theriouth.)

cheron98

When the site goes down and you cry out on Facebook for someone to fix it, but mostly just blame it on Corrado...

... you might be a wine.woot! addict.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Sheesh! How do you remember stuff in that much detail?
EDIT: Oh yeah, so could I when I was that young.

You might be a wine.woot addict when ...

... you remember details from a Wine.Woot event months or even a year ago better than you remember yesterday.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 225 Private Messages kylemittskus

If you try to bargain with a winery to offer a wine.woot-like deal that will not be offered on wine.woot...

(Come on everyone! Email El Jefe. I want me some Twisted Whites.)

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
kylemittskus wrote:If you post in the pub from the hospital that you and your newborn children are fine minutes after birth...

...you could be a wine.woot addict.

Hey....you've done that too?

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

If you know exactly how many times Sparky has been ratted and are a wee bit jealous and planning some sort of revenge on a boat...

Speaking of which...

If you plan a summer wine tasting sailing for 40 wine wooters while on bed rest during a high risk pregnancy with twins and then continue planning with two newborns in the house.

cjsiege

If you are crazy enough to actually attempt to count the number of w.w gatherings that have ever been held...

If you are crazy enough to criticize said person for forgetting one of your area's past events...

... you're flippin' suicidal - cuz that first chick's been outdoors testing radios for, like, 4 straight weeks and still has 2 weeks to go!

MarkDaSpark

Krugsters wrote:If you know exactly how many times Sparky has been ratted and are a wee bit jealous and planning some sort of revenge on a boat...

Speaking of which...

If you plan a summer wine tasting sailing for 40 wine wooters while on bed rest during a high risk pregnancy with twins and then continue planning with two newborns in the house.

Hey!

If you've flown cross-country 3 times to go to Eastern Wine.Woot gatherings, once to Chicago and Denver for Wine.Woot gatherings, and are still planning on flying cross-country again to get on a boat where other wooters may try to make you walk the plank .....

.... you might be a wine.woot addict.

If when looking at your Cellar Tracker, and you notice that your Wine.Woot purchases are almost double the next Store (and number 1 on the list) ......

..... you might be a wine.woot addict (and both are good reasons WHY you might be a multiple labrat!).