smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

As to forthcoming WW offers, I'm wondering when we might be graced with the traditional sparkler offering in time for receipt by July 4.

And will it be Mumm, Iron Horse, or a surprise?

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf
kylemittskus wrote:Speaking of, the rats utterly failed this time around. What the hell?! Aside from those who actually checked in. We're missing more than half of them.

Yeah, I missed out(my bad) because of waiting on them. The reports just would have helped me decide how many to order.
Oh well... live and learn.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
Winedavid39 wrote:Yes, JWhite provides a great service (and keeps us honest). and he really is the Kazaam (1996)(love woot filters).

Hats off to you, sir, for consistently bringing us such fine offers!

CT | | | | | |

sarah40460

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarah40460
smartheart wrote:As to forthcoming WW offers, I'm wondering when we might be graced with the traditional sparkler offering in time for receipt by July 4.

And will it be Mumm, Iron Horse, or a surprise?

I'm rooting for the Iron Horse myself, but a surprise would be welcome as well.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in food."

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
sarah40460 wrote:I'm rooting for the Iron Horse myself, but a surprise would be welcome as well.

Hey! You watch what you say there Sarah. Mumm is a mighty fine sparkler. I wouldn't turn my nose at Iron Horse though. How about: Mumm for the Monday offering and Iron Horse for Thursday!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Winedavid39

quality posts: 202 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

kylemittskus wrote:Methinks it be time for a clue WD. I have money I want to spend!

Nice work Trent.

Clue? it's something i can put my signature on.

sarah40460

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarah40460
kylemittskus wrote:Hey! You watch what you say there Sarah. Mumm is a mighty fine sparkler. I wouldn't turn my nose at Iron Horse though. How about: Mumm for the Monday offering and Iron Horse for Thursday!!!

That sounds like a mighty fine idea.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in food."

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
Winedavid39 wrote:Clue? it's something i can put my signature on.

A base ball?

Parker Stationary?

Roshambo, but we only get one bottle out of three?

Michael~WineDavid? (By the way, googling "studdert wine" give a couple interesting articles as hits these days.)

- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest
Winedavid39 wrote:Nice work Trent.

Could some David Fulton PS (their signature wine) be coming our way?

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Here's [not] hoping it's "Guess that Wine!" part deux!

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

Kazaam (1996). woot cellars already?

better see which credit cards have $124.98 room on them.

Edit: done. and woot account info updated.

CT | | | | | |

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
jwhite6114 wrote:Kazaam (1996). woot cellars already?

better see which credit cards have $124.98 room on them.

Edit: done. and woot account info updated.

Too early. Looks like there will be a new Woot Cellars in NY on 6/5, and they are sworn to secrecy. Otherwise, I was on the same track. (So now you know you are wrong.)

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

kylemittskus

polarbear22 wrote:Too early. Looks like there will be a new Woot Cellars in NY on 6/5, and they are sworn to secrecy. Otherwise, I was on the same track. (So now you know you are wrong.)

My first thought too. Maybe the NYC thread was a red hearing??? Let's hope!!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kylemittskus wrote:My first thought too. Maybe the NYC thread was a red hearing??? Let's hope!!

Red herring?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

kylemittskus

ddeuddeg wrote:Red herring?

Red herring:

"A device which intends to divert the audience from the truth or an item of significance."

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Could it be a David Bruce?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kylemittskus wrote:Red herring:

"A device which intends to divert the audience from the truth or an item of significance."

I know perfectly well what a red herring is, thank you. I was wondering if that's what you meant by "red hearing."

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
bahwm wrote:Could it be a David Bruce?

Naw, it would need to be something that would go in a nice decanter.

kylemittskus

ddeuddeg wrote:I know perfectly well what a red herring is, thank you. I was wondering if that's what you meant by "red hearing."

Oh, sorry! Yep. That's what I meant. I just can't spell sometimes. I'm tired and I've been drinking sake.

bahwm

mother wrote:Naw, it would need to be something that would go in a nice decanter.

But he does have a bunch of different Pinots Noirs and even a PS!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

vonawesome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vonawesome

Just a theory here...

Technically, a woot cellar could be the next offering and still have the NYC event on 6/5 be the first tasting of it as orders wouldn't be received here for a couple of weeks...

kylemittskus

vonawesome wrote:Just a theory here...

Technically, a woot cellar could be the next offering and still have the NYC event on 6/5 be the first tasting of it as orders wouldn't be received here for a couple of weeks...

I like the way you're thinking!!!!

bahwm

vonawesome wrote:Just a theory here...

I think that the NYC event could more likely be a preview of a future woot cellar offering. WD was kind enough to allow those of us at SoCal # 4 in Vegas last November to be the unofficial LabRats for EHP. We, too, were sworn to secrecy.

kylemittskus

bahwm wrote:I think that the NYC event could more likely be a preview of a future woot cellar offering. WD was kind enough to allow those of us at SoCal # 4 in Vegas last November to be the unofficial LabRats for EHP. We, too, were sworn to secrecy.

I don't like the way you're thinking!

bahwm

kylemittskus wrote:I don't like the way you're thinking!

Sorry. But, it might just be a week away. Just think: you may be able to hold on to some of your money for another week!

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
kttest wrote:Could some David Fulton PS (their signature wine) be coming our way?

From your mouth to God's ears! That was some SERIOUSLY great wine.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
bahwm wrote:I think that the NYC event could more likely be a preview of a future woot cellar offering. WD was kind enough to allow those of us at SoCal # 4 in Vegas last November to be the unofficial LabRats for EHP. We, too, were sworn to secrecy.

I'm sort of wondering if...the next Woot Cellars could be a white. My suspicion is that Woot Cellars will be out there at some undefined moment in the future, but that it will not be this week's offering.

T Minus two hours until I eat crow if I'm wrong.

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

I actually like the mumm guess based on the clue.

signed.

kylemittskus

canonizer wrote:I actually like the mumm guess based on the clue.

How so?

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
kylemittskus wrote:How so?

actually i read that initially as 'it's not something i can put my sig on'...

signed.

kylemittskus

canonizer wrote:actually i read that initially as 'it's not something i can put my sig on'...

Damnit!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
kylemittskus wrote:Speaking of, the rats utterly failed this time around. What the hell?! Aside from those who actually checked in. We're missing more than half of them.

Chill.

By this point, I've already gotten 3 rats for this offer packed. I don't call that a failure. That's a full contingency. (Yes, I'm slow this past week on packing, but by this point, all three rats have at least checked in and given an impression on the wine.) The failure for -this- offer has come with the rats getting tagged in the kewpie section, but that's not unusual for the second offer, since the woot monkeys sleep during the weekend.

Chards have failed, yes, just one there, but WD may have also only sent out one Chard because of the holiday.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder
kylemittskus wrote:Was it ever explained why the tops, foil, plastic, or wax, were needed at all? I have purchased wines with just a wax dollop and some bottles have none of the above, just bottle and cork.

bardolator wrote:I think it was explained upthread somewhere that winemakers are required to have a unique logo or something on the end?

I *think* the intent is to prove the bottle still has its "original seal", i.e. it hasn't been disturbed since leaving the bottling line. At least that's how I read the explanation.

Dude... wait, what?

jimihil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimihil

My girlfriend and I visited Trent... at his home (close to his Merlot's namesake) last weekend hoping to buy a few bottles from him.
The Chardonay (which originally led us there) was crisp and bright with nice summer fruit flavors of melon and apricot...great wine with summer BBQ or just to sip cold on a hot summer day. We were so fortunate to also taste his Front Porch Merlot, which has a goregous nose and drinks more like a Cab than a Merlot. Nice tanins and a long soft finish. The Rooftop Red Cabernet in the best tasting $20 Cab I think I've ever had. It could easily hold it's own with wines double in price. Trent poured 7 different wines for us and I think we bought at least 6 of them... went there for 3-6 bottles of wine and drove away with 3-1/2 cases of his wine... Need I say more? Thank you Trent- keep up the nice work!

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie
nallie wrote:...Please try the wine again, at closer to cool room temperature, after it has had a chance to rest from its trip and let us know if you find it improved. At these prices and in this economy, I would very much appreciate being pushed off the fence on this wine.

Most ironic post ever.

Ev.Er.

Because it turns out I was a lab rat. The Golden Ticket and etc. have been sitting at Mailboxes, Etc. since last Wednesday. I acknowledge I have totally failed in my honorable duties, although in my defense I was under the impression that email notifications now went out with lab rat supplies.

WD and Trent, please accept my mea culpa and, WD, please remove me from future lab rat consideration as I just don't get to my mailbox more than once a week. Thank you both very much for the opportunity and the great wines.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
ruahusker2000 wrote:I realize this probably isn't the appropriate place for this post, but wanted to let you all know that my recent purchases (this one included) and a credit from Nebraska Furniture Mart due to some recent furniture delivery problems led me to buy a wine cooler. There was so much I could do with that credit, but all of your reviews convinced me a wine cooler would be the best way to spend it.

A Nebraskan! One that knows the joys and frustrations of the Mart.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

Winedavid39

quality posts: 202 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

nallie wrote:Most ironic post ever.

Ev.Er.

Because it turns out I was a lab rat. The Golden Ticket and etc. have been sitting at Mailboxes, Etc. since last Wednesday. I acknowledge I have totally failed in my honorable duties, although in my defense I was under the impression that email notifications now went out with lab rat supplies.

WD and Trent, please accept my mea culpa and, WD, please remove me from future lab rat consideration as I just don't get to my mailbox more than once a week. Thank you both very much for the opportunity and the great wines.

we must have the wrong email, cause we did send them out. i'll double check. bummer Nallie. sorry that did not work out.

akadanak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akadanak

What happened to Missouri? I admit that I didn't even check the list of what states the wine could be shipped to because Missouri is always on the list. Now I find that the Merlot has been canceled and that the current listing also doesn't ship to Missouri.

What's up? Did Missouri change their laws making it tougher to ship here? We may be backward on most things but making it easy to get the wine hasn't been one of those things.

jaykid007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jaykid007
Winedavid39 wrote:we must have the wrong email, cause we did send them out. i'll double check. bummer Nallie. sorry that did not work out.

You do send emails? I was a labrat for this one and you do have my correct email. Not sure why I didnt get one. I do get my shipping confirmations.