cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ArcheDiver wrote:21 and over...

Summer wine....

June 21st is the first day of Summer, and a Sunday, so I'm guessing those of us who didn't make it to NYC will find out what this offering is at 12am on Monday the 22nd.

Oooh, awesome catch.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Cesare

quality posts: 1593 Private Messages Cesare
cheron98 wrote:Oooh, awesome catch.

Sounds about right. Some kind of enhanced shipping will also begin then.
All I can say is you will want to try a sip of this wine.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Cesare wrote:Sounds about right. Some kind of enhanced shipping will also begin then.
All I can say is you will want to try a sip of this wine.

I'm sure I'll be putting in an order when it comes out.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

rwave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwave
cheron98 wrote:Oooh, awesome catch.

Wow I should really be careful about what I say. The Wine Wooters are master detectives. I don't want to lead anyone falsely, so I'll just say WineDavid speculated it would be ready for distribution "sometime soon."

That over 21 comment... it referred to the artwork. (Reuben Negrón was also wearing one of our favorite Shirt.Woots)

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

For those who are interested, there's a teeny tiny recap offered by the Like the Spice blog. We've been told that our Wine team has their own pictures, so maybe we'll get to write our side of the recap soon.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:So DEFINITELY a white, then, as Nurse Laura and I were speculating last night. Eeeenteresting.

I had a really nice Spanish rosé at a tasting in Buffalo last Friday night, a perfect "summer wine," IMHO. Torres Sangre de Toro rosé. Dry, crisp, delightful.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

I had such a wonderful time. Thanks to the Studderts and Gerard for the treat.

signed.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ddeuddeg wrote:I had a really nice Spanish rosé at a tasting in Buffalo last Friday night, a perfect "summer wine," IMHO. Torres Sangre de Toro rosé. Dry, crisp, delightful.

I was thinking a Rosé as well, until the pics on the Spice blog spilled the beans.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

schmange

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schmange

David,

Thanks for coming to Brooklyn and sharing your wine and your very sexy logistics stories.

: )

Angela

INTLGerard

quality posts: 58 Private Messages INTLGerard

Guest Blogger

canonizer wrote:I had such a wonderful time. Thanks to the Studderts and Gerard for the treat.

Thanks to you and all those who attended. We had a blast and can't wait to do it again. The summer woot cellars was a big hit with the crowd and the after party kept things going as we carried on into the wee hours.

...Love the classic wine.woot face up on the Spice site...that was hilarious!

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
INTLGerard wrote:Thanks to you and all those who attended. We had a blast and can't wait to do it again. The summer woot cellars was a big hit with the crowd and the after party kept things going as we carried on into the wee hours.

So IG, were you involved in the making of this wine?

Any word on where the grapes for this one were sourced? What's in it?

CT | | | | | |

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
schmange wrote:David,

Thanks for coming to Brooklyn and sharing your wine and your very sexy logistics stories.

: )

Angela

hah!, thanks for listening !

WD

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
INTLGerard wrote:Thanks to you and all those who attended. We had a blast and can't wait to do it again. The summer woot cellars was a big hit with the crowd and the after party kept things going as we carried on into the wee hours.

INTL, If you pm your address to me and I'd be happy to send you some coffee.

signed.

seriousbusiness47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seriousbusiness47

A bit late, but regarding Transformers 2:
Don't see it. Doesn't even come close to the first.

bdolson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdolson

So now that I've moved to NYC and can buy from wine.woot (after the shuttering of the ability to ship to Indiana).... are there plans to try NYC again?

QuicheEater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuicheEater

Yeah WOOT!

philct

quality posts: 1 Private Messages philct

We'd love to come.. But we are new woot'rs to this scene, although I am loving every second.. Maybe some Connecticut love to the NYC bash??

[img]

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
philct wrote:We'd love to come.. But we are new woot'rs to this scene, although I am loving every second.. Maybe some Connecticut love to the NYC bash??

Welcome! And the NYC Tasting party was last year. Jason Toon should have put the date on it. Hopefully they will have it again this year.

Check out CJ's Wine.Woot Gatherings thread. I've linked to the last posting that has gathering info.

There's usually a NYC or Conn gathering in the works. There's a Buffalo gathering this month on the 16th IIRC.

And in July, there's a Clambake in Conn, but not sure if there is any room. You can always get on the waiting list.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.