Nostrom0


quality posts: 13 Private Messages Nostrom0


Tickets from LAX to LGA are $109 each way on AirTran.
Tempting, very tempting.

Stash at CT

rwave


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwave

On a completely separate note, I will be inviting a friend that works for Christie's auction house. He specifically works in the Wine department and often gets to try hundred dollar bottles (and occasionally brings $50 bottles to parties, which I never complain about). I apologize in advance if he's a wine snob!

(Actually, he's really cool and will be a great source of input).

Corrado


quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Anyone flying via ATL to JFK on Delta on the 4th? I'll be on my way back from Mobile, AL to be back in VT by mid-afternoon.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado
**********************


It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

hld1970


quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
ddeuddeg wrote:The Belmont is a mile and a half. No way it finishes like that.




Also, Rachel Alexandra is not running in the Belmont.

______________________________________________
"My only regret in life is that I didn't drink more wine." --Hemingway

nematic


quality posts: 6 Private Messages nematic

WD, if you're coming all the way across the country, why not pop up to the finger lakes ;).

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

So which one of you attendees is going to be our (by "our," I mean those of us who aren't lucky enough to attend) proverbial man on the inside and tell us about the new wine.woot release?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rpm


quality posts: 173 Private Messages rpm

This looks like a check formation (required attendance event)!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

Winedavid39


quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

nematic wrote:WD, if you're coming all the way across the country, why not pop up to the finger lakes ;).



ah nematic, i wish i could. Hope to see you there.

canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
Winedavid39 wrote:ah nematic, i wish i could. Hope to see you there.



I could probably supply us with an apt within 10 blocks if you wanted to use one for an after party. Would depend on anticipated crowd size but could me more intimate than a bar or such.

signed.

F3l1xL33ch


quality posts: 0 Private Messages F3l1xL33ch

So, this is the first occasion I've had to actually post on wine.woot! Stupid PA liquor laws always made it rather pointless.

This sounds like a blast. I'm going to try and get a group together for this. See you there!

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

I want to go but I can't! WAH!

Woot, could you let us know further in advance next time you decide to do this? Wherever you do it?

woopdedoo


quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo

Thankfully it is not Saturday. Otherwise I might have scrambled for a ticket. I hope you guys have a blast, and the Christie's dude decides to show up with some Magnums.

Perhaps it is time to figure out how to do a remote presence tasting via conference web cam. I could definitely be tasting wine from 7 - 9pm Eastern - just not in Brooklyn this time.

Cheers to All!

iByron


quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

It's quite possible that I can make this. Not probable, and definitely not definite, but quite possible.

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

nematic


quality posts: 6 Private Messages nematic
Winedavid39 wrote:ah nematic, i wish i could. Hope to see you there.



sadly, I also can't make it down - I've been gone for the past week.5 and now that I'm back, it seems like half the cleanroom is broken. Any other summer I'd be there, but now, what with wanting to graduate in august, I have this strange feeling of . . .pressure? responsibility? something wierd

MoveoverCinderella


quality posts: 3 Private Messages MoveoverCinderella

Does anyone know if there is going to be a t-shirt/poster/picture made from the artist's picture that is being used here (lady with grapes)to advertise this event?

Love it or leave it!

OhNoFeelYa


quality posts: 0 Private Messages OhNoFeelYa

I wish I could be there! I have duty this weekend

Please try to do something in the Virginia Wine Country down my way...there "just a few" of us wine drinkers down here! We're all in the military and therefore something closer to home would make it easier to attend

Love your site!

PetiteSirah


quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah
OhNoFeelYa wrote:I wish I could be there! I have duty this weekend

Please try to do something in the Virginia Wine Country down my way...there "just a few" of us wine drinkers down here! We're all in the military and therefore something closer to home would make it easier to attend

Love your site!



You need to make it up to one of our many, many NoVA/DC tastings! Check the "World of wine.woot" under the community tab.

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!


"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

OhNoFeelYa


quality posts: 0 Private Messages OhNoFeelYa
PetiteSirah wrote:You need to make it up to one of our many, many NoVA/DC tastings! Check the "World of wine.woot" under the community tab.



Will do - thanks !

wootified


quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootified
canonizer wrote:There should be a reasonable amount of street parking around that time within a 2 block radius of the space. Down by roebling & grand is all metered so I would assume those would be free in the evening.



If I took the subway there, which one should I use - if any?
Just checked Google Maps and they suggest my trip would end with the L to Bedford Ave Station, is that what you would suggest?

P.S. I've stopped keeping this up to date
Woot:75 Sell:15 Kids:12 Shirts:0 Wine:44

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
MoveoverCinderella wrote:Does anyone know if there is going to be a t-shirt/poster/picture made from the artist's picture that is being used here (lady with grapes)to advertise this event?



There is going to be a wine made with the lady with grapes!!! It's part of the label of the new woot cellars wine.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

INTLGerard


quality posts: 58 Private Messages INTLGerard

Guest Blogger

wootified wrote:If I took the subway there, which one should I use - if any?
Just checked Google Maps and they suggest my trip would end with the L to Bedford Ave Station, is that what you would suggest?



Take the JMZ line to Marcy which will put you closer. Here is a map to show where you are in relation to 224 Roebling St. from there.

Krugsters


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

Shamer and I were actually set to go on this.
Then, reality sets in...I have come down with a throat infection.
Took cultures today and we'll see what it is but in the meantime I've lost my voice.
Am praying this clears up before Friday.


kttest


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest
Krugsters wrote:Shamer and I were actually set to go on this.
Then, reality sets in...I have come down with a throat infection.
Took cultures today and we'll see what it is but in the meantime I've lost my voice.
Am praying this clears up before Friday.



Oh no! Hope you feel better, if you have no voice, don't worry we can play tasting notes charades.

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

jenludwig


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenludwig

Wish I could make it! We're in Rochester this weekend though. And Fridays...well...not so easy to get down there on a Friday night with work and all. Maybe next time For the record I think this is an awesome idea and really really hope there is a next time.

wootified


quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootified
INTLGerard wrote:Take the JMZ line to Marcy which will put you closer. Here is a map to show where you are in relation to 224 Roebling St. from there.



Thanks for the tip. The SO and I are coming - just need to decide car or train...

P.S. I've stopped keeping this up to date
Woot:75 Sell:15 Kids:12 Shirts:0 Wine:44

kttest


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest

WHAT were we thinking?! The first official wine.woot tasting and no countdown images.....inconceivable!!!

So with less than 1 day to go.....



See you in Brooklyn!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

INTLGerard


quality posts: 58 Private Messages INTLGerard

Guest Blogger

kttest wrote:WHAT were we thinking?! The first official wine.woot tasting and no countdown images.....inconceivable!!!

So with less than 1 day to go.....



See you in Brooklyn!



...and the day has arrived...word on the street is Winedavid and his brother are in the area and will be in Brooklyn for the grand event. To easy to get side tracked in this town so I'll make sure they find their way over. Looking forward to seeing all the faithful Wooters that can make the trek over to Brooklyn tonight!

pssss...Keep the night open for the Woot Cellars after party at the Hope Lounge just up the street from Like the Spice!

canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
INTLGerard wrote:...and the day has arrived...word on the street is Winedavid and his brother are in the area and will be in Brooklyn for the grand event. To easy to get side tracked in this town so I'll make sure they find their way over. Looking forward to seeing all the faithful Wooters that can make the trek over to Brooklyn tonight!

pssss...Keep the night open for the Woot Cellars after party at the Hope Lounge just up the street from Like the Spice!



Having been to the hope lounge several times, I can assure everyone that we will not be the lamest people there!

signed.

rwave


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwave
canonizer wrote:Having been to the hope lounge several times, I can assure everyone that we will not be the lamest people there!



Are you sure? I've heard rwave is one of the lamest :-)

wootified


quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootified

Just got back from the festivities and I want to say THANK YOU to WD and the crew. The party was lots of fun and the wine was very tasty.

P.S. I've stopped keeping this up to date
Woot:75 Sell:15 Kids:12 Shirts:0 Wine:44

kttest


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest

Thanks so much for the great time. It was so nice to meet INTLGerard and George as well as see WD again! It was great chatting with WD at the after party, can't wait until the next time!

Oh and the wine? You're all in for a treat!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
kttest wrote:Thanks so much for the great time. It was so nice to meet INTLGerard and George as well as see WD again! It was great chatting with WD at the after party, can't wait until the next time!

Oh and the wine? You're all in for a treat!



Of course we are, it's a woot cellars wine and they're always top notch

Pictures? Anyone?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
kttest wrote:WHAT were we thinking?! The first official wine.woot tasting and no countdown images.....inconceivable!!!

So with less than 1 day to go.....



See you in Brooklyn!



I love that painting.

So, did like, what? 3 other people show up? Where's all the pics?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
otolith wrote:I love that painting.

So, did like, what? 3 other people show up? Where's all the pics?



Pics, teasers, taunts... c'mon.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

rwave


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwave
lauratchi wrote:Pics, teasers, taunts... c'mon.



Well I forgot to bring my camera, but I can say it was extremely interesting meeting WineDavid and enjoying a preview of the upcoming WOOT cellars wine.

You will find it to be a very refreshing summer wine. Our appetizers consisted of shrimp spring rolls, summer rolls, spiced roasted assorted nuts, bread, and cheese. I don't want to give too much away, but it went well with everything.

The wine wasn't the only thing that was "21 and over" :-)

marekny7


quality posts: 0 Private Messages marekny7
lauratchi wrote:Pics, teasers, taunts... c'mon.



They weren't kidding about having our memory erased prior exiting so no details would be revealed.

CT

yumitori


quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori
rwave wrote:
The wine wasn't the only thing that was "21 and over" :-)



They had strippers, too? Now I'm really sorry I missed it.


jwhite6114


quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
rwave wrote:Well I forgot to bring my camera, but I can say it was extremely interesting meeting WineDavid and enjoying a preview of the upcoming WOOT cellars wine.

You will find it to be a very refreshing summer wine. Our appetizers consisted of shrimp spring rolls, summer rolls, spiced roasted assorted nuts, bread, and cheese. I don't want to give too much away, but it went well with everything.

The wine wasn't the only thing that was "21 and over" :-)



Summer wine?

So should we expect to see it tomorrow?

CT | | | | | |

ArcheDiver


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ArcheDiver

21 and over...

Summer wine....

June 21st is the first day of Summer, and a Sunday, so I'm guessing those of us who didn't make it to NYC will find out what this offering is at 12am on Monday the 22nd.

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
rwave wrote:You will find it to be a very refreshing summer wine. Our appetizers consisted of shrimp spring rolls, summer rolls, spiced roasted assorted nuts, bread, and cheese. I don't want to give too much away, but it went well with everything.



So DEFINITELY a white, then, as Nurse Laura and I were speculating last night. Eeeenteresting.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"