Jason Toon


quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

Some of you Wine.Wooters have been getting together for a while now on your own, to sip wine and swap notes and soak in your collective cool. Officially, we think that’s awesome. Secretly, we’re consumed by jealousy. It’s all we can think about. And cry about.

So we just had to throw our own get-together in the heart of Brooklyn wine country. You’re all invited to join us from 7 to 9 p.m. on Friday, June 5, at Like the Spice Gallery, 224 Roebling Street, Brooklyn, NY 11211. Currently showing work by artist (and Shirt.Woot fan) Reuben Negrón, Like the Spice is convenient to the L, G, and JMZ subway lines. And the Atlantic Ocean, if you’re planning to come by submarine.

Dave “Winedavid39” Studdert and a couple of the key behind-the-scenes Wine.Woot folks (the ones who get all the work done) will be there with hors d’oeuvres, music, and more than a mere sampling of the never-before-tasted Woot Cellars summer release. Before leaving, participants will be subjected to a minor surgical procedure to excise all memories of the evening, to prevent them from revealing details of the upcoming Woot Cellars wine. It’s relatively painless. Bring your health insurance card.

Then, if you’re one of those city-that-never-sleeps types, come along to the official unofficial afterparty to be named later. If you’re trying to keep up with Winedavid39, remember he’ll still be on California time, so he’ll have an unfair advantage.

All dumb jokes aside, we’re psyched about meeting you guys, and finally bringing the rogue Wine.Woot party scene into our sphere of influence. No need to RSVP, but feel free to post questions, regrets, and Transformers 2 spoilers below.


Cesare


quality posts: 1619 Private Messages Cesare

I will be there!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

*BIG CRY HEARD FROM THE ISLAND*

Why oh why did you have to pick that date? I'll be down in Pt. Pleasant partying the weekend away on the Jersey Shore and will miss this event. I would SO want to come too, even if just to meet WD (though the WC wine would have been a nice bonus ).

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

A Friday? Really?

Really??

*sighs* That makes it SO much harder for out-of-towners to try to make it there... not to mention that's the weekend of my big project production roll so I'm TOTALLY stuck here.

But maybe this will become a regular thing? To have "Official" wine.woot gathers? Maybe in many different parts of the country? Yes?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bkarney


quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
cheron98 wrote:A Friday? Really?

Really??

*sighs* That makes it SO much harder for out-of-towners to try to make it there... not to mention that's the weekend of my big project production roll so I'm TOTALLY stuck here.

But maybe this will become a regular thing? To have "Official" wine.woot gathers? Maybe in many different parts of the country? Yes?



no joke, I would love to be there....but waaay short on the notice to schedule/book flights. apcray

CT

canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

This is about 1 block from girlfriend's apt! I'm glad it's early because I'm getting up in the am for Belmont.

signed.

Winedavid39


quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

cheron98 wrote:A Friday? Really?

Really??

*sighs* That makes it SO much harder for out-of-towners to try to make it there... not to mention that's the weekend of my big project production roll so I'm TOTALLY stuck here.

But maybe this will become a regular thing? To have "Official" wine.woot gathers? Maybe in many different parts of the country? Yes?



sorry. some limitations i won't bore you with. but it's set.

joelsisk


quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
bkarney wrote:no joke, I would love to be there....but waaay short on the notice to schedule/book flights. apcray



Ditto

PetiteSirah


quality posts: 79 Private Messages PetiteSirah

Goddamnit I'll be in Jersey that night with the GF... I probably won't be able to convince her to go. :-(

Also it's on Lawn Guyland. Weak. Manhattan free the weasels.

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!


"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
PetiteSirah wrote:Goddamnit I'll be in Jersey that night with the GF... I probably won't be able to convince her to go. :-(

Also it's on Lawn Guyland. Weak. Manhattan free the weasels.



Yes, it's true. Manhattan is uber kool. ROXXERZ 4 U

signed.

kttest


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest

Way cool, works for me!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

kylemittskus


quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

Summer Woot release?!?! What is it?!?! I need to know!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Winedavid39 wrote:sorry. some limitations i won't bore you with. but it's set.



sad

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

gijose


quality posts: 4 Private Messages gijose

so totally not fair heading to buffalo for a wedding that weekend

NYC!

Moondragon


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon

:-/ Le sigh. *Dreaming up teleporter specs...*

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

canonizer wrote:This is about 1 block from girlfriend's apt! I'm glad it's early because I'm getting up in the am for Belmont.



Can you park on the street?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Krugsters


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

We are a maybe. We have a sitter but were planning a trip to the Catskills. Just might have to delay the car trip for Saturday morning.
Stay tuned...


rwave


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwave

Wow, this is sweet. I admit I haven't posted on Wine Woot in a while, but I have been lurking and reading people's opinions. This will get me to leave my beloved Manhattan for a few hours and meet some fellow Wine Wooters. I'll be the 20-something guy with red, wavy hair (and maybe a few friends).


Directions from my gym on 7th and 14th:


edit - I believe I had one quality post way back. Must have been before they started tracking quality posts. As the quality of the woot cellars increased, the quality of my posts decreased...

Krugsters


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
rwave wrote:Wow, this is sweet. I admit I haven't posted on Wine Woot in a while, but I have been lurking and reading people's opinions. This will get me to leave my beloved Manhattan for a few hours and meet some fellow Wine Wooters. I'll be the 20-something guy with red, wavy hair (and maybe a few friends).


Directions from my gym on 7th and 14th:


edit - I believe I had one quality post way back. Must have been before they started tracking quality posts. As the quality of the woot cellars increased, the quality of my posts decreased...



We'd love to meet you at the regular NYC tastings as well. Have you seen the Sip and Sail thread?


InFrom


quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

Dang, I would love to check out this event! I don't suppose it would be a good idea to hop onto the BQE after partying in the beer garden at Bohemian Hall in Astoria, would it? No, I didn't think so. Oh well, I'll have to drown my disappointment in Pilsener.

afranke


quality posts: 10 Private Messages afranke

NOOOOOOOO!

I'm in Boston that weekend for a conference!

jwink


quality posts: 39 Private Messages jwink

I'll be on the other coast in LA trying to get some things done. Too bad, but I'm sure the Woot! contigent will love the Belmont the following day.

Hosting a tasting is great way to write off a cross-country trip ;-) Bet the horses (Rachel Alexandra & Mine That Bird) to finish the same as they ran in the Preakness Stakes, but get creative with the trifecta to win some real cash.

Finally, another vote for a Midwestern tasting, Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Milwaukee (Miller tours), etc.

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

So when are we having a Tokyo party?

There's now been a shirt.woot party and a wine.woot party...so let's have the sellout.woot party in Tokyo? Bwahahaha!

Okay, bad logic, but still.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Winedavid39 wrote:sorry. some limitations i won't bore you with. but it's set.



Now you understand why the regional gatherings tend to take 2 months of planning to organize Y'all are brave for posting this up like 2 weeks in advance. I'd so love to be there

I know a great little place in the Detroit area you could have another gathering sometime...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

rwave


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwave
Krugsters wrote:We'd love to meet you at the regular NYC tastings as well. Have you seen the Sip and Sail thread?



I haven't seen the Sip and Sail thread. I will have to check it out.

I admit I've been a little intimidated by the fancy wines at the parties. I store my wine in my cabinet and usually limit my Woots to $10-$15 Cost per Bottle. (I'd love to "blame" the economy, but really I don't have a refined enough palate yet to appreciate the higher end).

gijose


quality posts: 4 Private Messages gijose
rwave wrote:I haven't seen the Sip and Sail thread. I will have to check it out.

I admit I've been a little intimidated by the fancy wines at the parties. I store my wine in my cabinet and usually limit my Woots to $10-$15 Cost per Bottle. (I'd love to "blame" the economy, but really I don't have a refined enough palate yet to appreciate the higher end).



you use the same gym I use :D (If it's the MacBurney Y

oh and I'm pretty new to wine.woot tastings as well, no worries, that's what they're there for, to help get a palate, and to have a good time!

NYC!

Krugsters


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
rwave wrote:I haven't seen the Sip and Sail thread. I will have to check it out.

I admit I've been a little intimidated by the fancy wines at the parties. I store my wine in my cabinet and usually limit my Woots to $10-$15 Cost per Bottle. (I'd love to "blame" the economy, but really I don't have a refined enough palate yet to appreciate the higher end).


No need to be intimidated. I think the average cost per bottle runs about 15 bucks. (With the exception of the last tasting, that was a first with the Mondavis and the price point).

Definitely join us on the sip and sail if you can swing it. There are 4 slots left and the wines are not in the fancy range.


joekerjr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joekerjr

Chicago next, Chicago next, Chicago next...

...or Milwaukee. Just sayin'.

Krugsters


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
rwave wrote:

I I store my wine in my cabinet and usually limit my Woots to $10-$15 Cost per Bottle. ....but really I don't have a refined enough palate yet to appreciate the higher end).



PS....that's how we all started.


canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
dontwantaname wrote:Can you park on the street?



There should be a reasonable amount of street parking around that time within a 2 block radius of the space. Down by roebling & grand is all metered so I would assume those would be free in the evening.

signed.

Krugsters


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

Did anyone check out the artwork?

Guess I won't be bringing the 11 year old!


SonomaBouliste


quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
Krugsters wrote:PS....that's how we all started.



I started with $1.49 a gallon

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
Krugsters wrote:Did anyone check out the artwork?

Guess I won't be bringing the 11 year old!



You mean 'Dirty Dirty Love' isn't age appropriate?

canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

Anyone coming from CT, this is an excellent opportunity to use the Whitestone.

signed.

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
jwink wrote: Bet the horses (Rachel Alexandra & Mine That Bird) to finish the same as they ran in the Preakness Stakes, but get creative with the trifecta to win some real cash.



The Belmont is a mile and a half. No way it finishes like that.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
jwink wrote:
Hosting a tasting is great way to write off a cross-country trip ;-) Bet the horses (Rachel Alexandra & Mine That Bird) to finish the same as they ran in the Preakness Stakes, but get creative with the trifecta to win some real cash.



I'm just betting that I look good in a white suit and straw hat.

signed.

grayjd565


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grayjd565

Regarding Tranformers 2

It's a car!

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:
I know a great little place in the Detroit area you could have another gathering sometime...


Indeed! And I know an even better place in Buffalo. And Niagara Falls is just a half hour drive away.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

jwink


quality posts: 39 Private Messages jwink
ddeuddeg wrote:The Belmont is a mile and a half. No way it finishes like that.



If they were running 1.5 in the Preakness I agree that Mine That Bird would have won, I've never seen a finishing kick like that. However, Borell is not new to the game and if he's jumping on Rachel Alexendra when he already had the derby winner that says a lot about that horse.

The forcast for the Preakness was supposed to be rain they never got and the track was fast but not technically firm. I think they wanted to avoid the day-long sloppiness that Churchill Downs had even though it didn't rain at all on Derby day, the track just didn't dry out with low winds and no sun.

Still like the super-filly. She carries less weight over a longer distance and is a bigger horse than Mine That Bird.

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

thatguy314


quality posts: 7 Private Messages thatguy314

I'm turning in my grant that day so count me in. I'll allow myself to have a life again for one day anyways.