Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1644 Private Messages Cesare

Wine Filled Truffles
$29.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: Decadent
Product: 4 Bouquet of Fruits Wine Filled Truffles: Port, Champagne, Chardonnay, Cabernet

Edit: You don't have to be 21 to buy this and it ships to all states.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

I'm back... and slow!

Cold/flu is clearing up... just in time to jump in the frozen lake next weekend!

(not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!)

Had the Port filled version of this last year (er... Christmas '07) & gifted the other ones. The filling is very much a liquid; no biting into one to see what it's like!

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

eatingjuice

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eatingjuice

Rather have beer filled truffles.

SolidAsSnake

quality posts: 7 Private Messages SolidAsSnake

So, will this come in time for Valentines Day? What do you guys think?

jplamb

quality posts: 15 Private Messages jplamb

Well this will keep my credit card safe for the rest of the week. Wine filled is not as tasty as wine to me.

afranke

quality posts: 10 Private Messages afranke

"You got wine in my chocolate!"
"You got chocolate in my wine!"

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Speaking of Chocolate and Wine.....
~~~ We interrupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement: ~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…The Mid-Week Edition for the week of January 25

Is there a Woot Wine Gathering in your neck of the woods? Come join us! No gathering? No problem! Propose one! We're nice people, and we bring GOOD wine! Links take you to page ONE of the thread. Enjoy the read!

HEY EVERYONE!!!!! We now have a Wine.Woot Event Calendar over on Google Calendar! So, if you want to see the gatherings in a “time and space” way, take a look! Feedback is welcome!

January
1/31: NoVA/DC #10 : Movie Night! We’ve got Bottle Shock on the TV and Cali vs. France wines in the line-up.

February
2/7: Detroit #4: Sushi Battle …with Sparklies!!!
2/8: Chicago #10: Moving Party!!! Imagine4vr is moving to AZ. So she wants us to come over, drink up her wine, and take away her excess furniture! Wow!!!
2/14&15: SoCal #7: Weekend at Madwineaux Holy Cow! It’s a Paso Robles invasion!
2/21: Connecticut #3 Spanish wines are starring over at PolarBear’s Den.
2/28: MN #5: By Popular Demand Looks like the Twin Cities crew has settled on 2/.28 as the date. Theme???
2/28: NYC #9: Winter Escape Escaping the confines of the city – the NYC w.w’ers are heading up to the Catskills for winter adventures.

March
****3/7: NoVA/DC #11 We have a tentative date (although 3/14 may still be in play). Come vote for a theme and let us know if you can host.
3/14 or 28: SoCal #8 It’s a “Build Your Own Corrado’s WineCubes” party. So bring your power drill and a bottle or two.
TBD: Chicago #TBD: Port-on-Port The Orthogonal Port Taste Test. Wellington Vertical vs. Kent Rasmussen Horizontal. BYOSnifter…if you dare!
TBD: NYC #10: Keeping our hand in the game, and 2 NYC planning threads on the board at all times.

April
4/25: Buffalo/WNY #1 ddeuddeg and bahwm are looking for fellow WNY’ers interested in getting together after the spring thaw.
****4/29: Chicago #?: PolarBears Out On The Town! PBear is visiting the Windy City, and TMR wants to go out on the town! Chime in if you are interested in an evening out!

July
7/10: Pacific Northwest Wine Train Adventure KryseeMac wants to go ride the rails up to Mt. Hood. Sounds like a fun evening that is NOT your ordinary dinner out. Chime in with your thoughts and availability.

Looking for some helping hands:
TBD: SE Florida #1 Are you in South Florida? Bkarney & ERMD are looking for wineaux to join them in some tasting goodness.
TBD: Dallas Area Wine Wooters are starting to come back out of the woodwork. If you are in the Dallas area, and are interested, post here and start thinking about planning your own regional w.w.gathering!
TBD: Houston #1 Alfisti13 is calling all of the Houston Area wine wooters…are you interested in getting together?
TBD: Central NC Interest Thread Calling all ACC rivals!!! MaskedMarvel is looking to see if there is interest in holding a W.W Gathering of your own!
TBD: German Goodness in Rockford, IL Subinsignia is planning Teutonic Festivities at the local Rathskeller! Dates are being discussed, so it’s time to start thinking ahead.

~~~We now return you to your regularly scheduled Chocolate Fantasy Land~~~

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
SolidAsSnake wrote:So, will this come in time for Valentines Day? What do you guys think?

I think that's the plan.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

SolidAsSnake wrote:So, will this come in time for Valentines Day? What do you guys think?

ABSOLULTELY WILL BE THERE BY VALENTINE'S DAY.

Beemisc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Beemisc

Do you have to be 21 to buy this?

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Beemisc wrote:Do you have to be 21 to buy this?

You do NOT have to be 21 to buy. It does help, however, to be a hedonist.

kgetz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kgetz

Would it be possible to get a complete ingredient list?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
kgetz wrote:Would it be possible to get a complete ingredient list?

Google it maybe?

All I can tell you is wine and chocolate. And maybe kitties. Maybe.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

fortgeorge

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fortgeorge

Hmm, might make this my first wine.woot purchase, Valentines day is coming up and she does oh so love chocolate...

"Television is a medium of entertainment which permits millions of people to listen to the same joke at the same time, and yet remain lonesome." T.S. Eliot

If there is a God, atheism must seem to Him as less of an insult than religion. - Edmond de Goncourt

Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense. - Robert Heinlein

cyborgdo11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cyborgdo11

Those sound really good.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
kylemittskus wrote:Google it maybe?

All I can tell you is wine and chocolate. And maybe kitties. Maybe.

No guarantees of kitten content.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Gatzby wrote:No guarantees of kitten content.

Figures. Someone mentions "hedonism" and look who shows up...

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Corrado wrote:Figures. Someone mentions "hedonism" and look who shows up...

Volunteer Moderator humor... just go with it.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Winedavid39 wrote:Volunteer Moderator humor... just go with it.

Don't encourage him.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

soliver

quality posts: 27 Private Messages soliver

I think the wife would like these. Wine = good. Chocolate = good. Together? Let's find out!

sp5710

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sp5710

is there any high fructose corn syrup in these?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

I really don't get it. So, it is filled with wine, but it is sell-able to people under 21.

Wine with no alcohol?

My goal is to eat chocolates and get drunk. If I can't do that, I see no point.

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

I bought these last time they came around for my girl. She loved them and didn't dislike any of them. She just said the only complaint is that it is A LOT to have for one person (I don't like chocolate). It took her a few weeks to finish them. She can't really choose a favorite, cause she loved them all.

It's a good buy, but just keep in mind that all 4 boxes is a lot for one person - even the chocolate lover.

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

huntmol

quality posts: 6 Private Messages huntmol

I got these for my girlfriend & some family for xmas, they were AMAZING!

Protip: Don't bite into them, put the whole truffle in your mouth at once. It can get bad if wine goes flying from an overly vicious chomp

markpap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markpap

I agree... trying to buy for a girl with severe dairy allergies (poor chick) and there are some chocolates that fit the bill (and dark chocolate at least has a shot!).

If anyone can find that kind of info, please reply!

sp5710

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sp5710
kgetz wrote:Would it be possible to get a complete ingredient list?

that would be very nice if someone could provide a list of ingredients. I checked numerous websites and none of them had the nutritional info on them.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

I didn't order them when they've been offered before by WW but as I recall the feedback from those that did was very positive. Likely I will order and get on the bandwagon this time.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

mrjameswack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrjameswack
sp5710 wrote:is there any high fructose corn syrup in these?

Ohhhh my goodness...please learn that its no worse for you than regular sugar. You're body doesn't care about the 55/45 ratio of fructose/glucose instead of 50/50.

Besides, fructose isn't bad anyway. Do you avoid fruit? Probably 10 grams of fructose in an apple, 15 in a banana, more in an orange.

eastercat

quality posts: 4 Private Messages eastercat
sp5710 wrote:that would be very nice if someone could provide a list of ingredients. I checked numerous websites and none of them had the nutritional info on them.

I'd also like to know. I'm a vegan and sometimes people screw up dark chocolate with dairy derivatives like casein or whey (shudders).

if u cn rd ths u cn gt a gd jb, bt if u rt lk ths u r a mrn.

jarapeles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jarapeles
mrjameswack wrote:Ohhhh my goodness...please learn that its no worse for you than regular sugar. You're body doesn't care about the 55/45 ratio of fructose/glucose instead of 50/50.

Besides, fructose isn't bad anyway. Do you avoid fruit? Probably 10 grams of fructose in an apple, 15 in a banana, more in an orange.

I think they may be more worried about the news that came out about HFCS containing mercury, not whether it's nutritionally worse than sugar.

denise4080

quality posts: 1 Private Messages denise4080

Ingredients from champagne tag. I had a box in my freezer from Xmas time, too many for me to eat.
Premium European Chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, milk solids, cocoa liquor), sparkling wine (contain sulfites),lecithin (as a emulsifier), real vanilla.

Made in a facility that handles nuts, soy and milk.

I bought 8 total at xmas, I gifted 4. They loved them.

shask

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shask

Where does the fruit come in?
I thought they'ed just be chocolate and wine.
Are they fruit flavored (wouldn't that spoil flavor of wine?)? Do they have bits of fruit in chocolate?

shask

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shask

$20/box + shipping at Red Carpet.
Chardonnay ones are white (chocolate).
No mention of fruits on that site.

kramerd

quality posts: 11 Private Messages kramerd
spdrcr05 wrote:So I spend WAY too much here on wine... so why is it when the offering ISN'T wine, I get a sense of disappointment?

Here are some possibilities:

- You are an alcoholic

- You enjoy social interaction, but are new to the game, and want to have something useful to say, but happen to only have direct knowledge of wine, possibly limited to woot offerings

- You spend way too much time on wine.woot on wine, and have a sense of attachment to wine offerings specifically

That being said, to recap the other messages in this forum and head off some future ones, this is a wine offering. The wine is inside of delicious chocolate. Some of that chocolate includes delicious animal parts. With shipping, woot's price is 1/2 of other sites before shipping. [insert picture of a kitten photoshopped appropriately with I can haz cheezburger], [insert picture of kitten standing in a field, with caption "I can haz soyburger"]. 10 back and forth messages about why one person is a vegan and everyone else likes to eat tasty animals. Some of the messages get deleted. Other responses will quote the original messages and be funny, but out of context, for example, a response to this message quoting only "The wine is inside of...a..kitten"; or "the...picture of a ...cheezburger...is a vegan."

rpm

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rpm

I got these last year and liked them, but am severely limited in how much chocolate I can have. SWMBO, however, is on a SICEM (Self-Imposed Chocolate Eating Moratorium) in anticipation of a February peregrination to Florida that involves the wearing of bathing suits and resort clothes. So I will have to pass.

However, I can heartily recommend them to lovers of filled chocolates!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

lipophilia

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lipophilia

FYI - drugstore.com has 1 box for $22.46 and shopping.msn.com for $24.95. There are 9 in a box, so the Woot deal is closer to $1 per - just a little better than ~4x that!

Spambryn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Spambryn

I got these at Christmas time. They were $44 then, so Woot is giving you a better deal now than they did then.

The port and Champagne boxes have been huge hits. If you like the liquid filled chocolate covered cherries, and you like wine, you're going to love these! I'm tempted to order them again so that I can keep them for me instead of giving them as gifts this time.

copperpixie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages copperpixie

Like many others, I got these at Christmas -- 8 boxes and gifted 4. I gifted all the Chardonnay, so I can't speak to it, but the other three are amazing.

I found a gentle bite decapitating the top did the best. That way I didn't have a whole, big chocolate in my mouth at once and could savor it a bit more. Fair warning: this ended in sticky hands once.

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970

Wine Filled Truffles
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: elbuak
Speed to first woot: 1m 34.640s
Last wooter to woot: hld1970

In for one, seems like a winner.