Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

As most of you know, I am moving to AZ the end of February. It is very expensive to move wine and there is no one better I'd like to share a lot of bottles with than the most awesome people I've met thru wine.woot.

When: Sunday February 8, 2009 - 4pm?

Where: Probably at my apartment on the far north side of the city

You bring a food item and I will be supplying all the wine for this gathering. Mostly woot wines, maybe a couple others too. Once I go thru the wine I have, I'll start listing the wines I'll open.

Attending
Imagine
- TMR
- joekerjr
- Walstib +1
- snk + 3
- Laura and Joel

- damightyanteater - ceviche (maybe?)
- tommy (maybe)

And I wasn't kidding about taking home furniture either! I have a lot to give away and some to sell, so if you're in need (or know someone who is) please send them my way. Thanks

Imagine4vr

Just bumping this up - anyone interested?

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
Imagine4vr wrote:Just bumping this up - anyone interested?

sorry for not responding earlier. i am interested. still have to double check the date w/ SWMBO.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Bah. Have to miss this one too - 2/7 is the Detroit one. Plus it's a sunday and I can't do the sunday ones out your way

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Imagine4vr

cheron98 wrote:Bah. Have to miss this one too - 2/7 is the Detroit one. Plus it's a sunday and I can't do the sunday ones out your way

I wish I could've done it a different day, but times are limited for me - I'll be happy to send a bottle for your tasting Will bring it to the Jan 24 dinner. And if you want to bring home any furniture, please feel free to stop by the weekend you are here!

joekerjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joekerjr

I am interested and in need of a tv!

Imagine4vr

joekerjr wrote:I am interested and in need of a tv!

pm for you.

Walstib

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Walstib

I believe that we are free and would love to drink your wine. Can't take furniture though. Will check with my lovely +1 to make sure about the date.

snk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snk

Imagine,

My wife and I are game for this. Would it be okay to bring one of her coworkers +1? We can make up for it by bringing some extra cheese.

snk

p.s. - How the heck do you post graphic emoticons?

Imagine4vr

snk wrote:Imagine,

My wife and I are game for this. Would it be okay to bring one of her coworkers +1? We can make up for it by bringing some extra cheese.

snk

mmmm cheese

No problem on the guest, I'm glad you and your wife will make it!

joekerjr

snk wrote:Imagine,

snk

How graphic? J/K Anytime I want to do something new and I don't know how, I just hit reply to a post that has done it in order to see the code.

themostrighteous

snk wrote:p.s. - How the heck do you post graphic emoticons?

here's a good place to start...

snk

Imagine4vr wrote:mmmm cheese

No problem on the guest, I'm glad you and your wife will make it!

Thanks! I'll confirm with my wife about her coworker and will post when I know for sure.

joekrjr wrote:How graphic? J/K Anytime I want to do something new and I don't know how, I just hit reply to a post that has done it in order to see the code.

What's the definition of "obscenity"?

Nice tip... I will have to start doing that.

themostrighteous wrote:here's a good place to start...

Aha! The woot Gods need to add that link to the formatting guide! Thanks TMR!

Walstib

Bump. Nobody else wants to drink Imagine's wine? Hard to believe.

joekerjr

Walstib wrote:Bump. Nobody else wants to drink Imagine's wine? Hard to believe.

I'll have to drink triple.

Imagine4vr

I am getting rid of my wine fridge for $80 if anyone wants it. It's a Danby, I bought it from Costco less than a year ago and seems to work just fine. I have the original paperwork too.

Walstib

Imagine4vr wrote:I am getting rid of my wine fridge for $80 if anyone wants it. It's a Danby, I bought it from Costco less than a year ago and seems to work just fine. I have the original paperwork too.

It's the 35 bottle model, right? I've got to check with my +1, but I'm pretty sure we'll take it off your hands.

/grumble grumble - can't.make.decisions.on.my.own.

Imagine4vr

Walstib wrote:It's the 35 bottle model, right? I've got to check with my +1, but I'm pretty sure we'll take it off your hands.

/grumble grumble - can't.make.decisions.on.my.own.

Just let me know .. and deduct the cost of the bottle Iron Horse I owe you for. Have you received your order yet?

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
joekerjr wrote:I'll have to drink triple.

I'm game for that.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

themostrighteous

Imagine4vr wrote:Just let me know .. and deduct the cost of the bottle Iron Horse I owe you for. Have you received your order yet?

shipments of Iron Horse & anything since that woot are on hold until it can be delivered in non-popsicle form.

EDIT: unless, of course, Walstib is going to take a stab at making a bubbly gelato! :D

Walstib

themostrighteous wrote:shipments of Iron Horse & anything since that woot are on hold until it can be delivered in non-popsicle form.

EDIT: unless, of course, Walstib is going to take a stab at making a bubbly gelato! :D

Yeah, no luck on the Iron Horse yet. No tracking info, so I assume still being held. Mmmmm, wedding cuvee.

snk

Hi Imagine,

Just posting to confirm myself + my wife + her friend and his g/f.

So that's snk + 3. Still cool with that?

Imagine4vr

snk wrote:Hi Imagine,

Just posting to confirm myself + my wife + her friend and his g/f.

So that's snk + 3. Still cool with that?

Sounds like a party to me!

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater
Imagine4vr wrote:I am getting rid of my wine fridge for $80 if anyone wants it. It's a Danby, I bought it from Costco less than a year ago and seems to work just fine. I have the original paperwork too.

If Walstb doesn't take it off your hands, I am very interested in the fridge. I'll even make some cerviche for the party.

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

Imagine4vr

damightyanteater wrote:If Walstb doesn't take it off your hands, I am very interested in the fridge. I'll even make some cerviche for the party.

I will let you know! I will be happy to add you as a yes, and yum!! to ceviche.

zorandra

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zorandra

Layne (baniak) and I are a tentative in as of now. We have plans the night before in Berrrwyn so just depends on when we make it back.

Edit: I should say what time we arrive back around will determine when we show up. I do believe to be back in town (far northside) by early afternoon at the latest, will know more soon.

I don't want the world, I just want your half. - TMBG, "Ana Ng"
CT (working on it)

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

I hope that I will make it back in time from the DTW tasting. Put me down as a maybe, but you better believe I will try my damndest to be there.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

Walstib

damightyanteater wrote:If Walstb doesn't take it off your hands, I am very interested in the fridge. I'll even make some cerviche for the party.

I'm taking it home. (Though not necessarily that evening. We may use public transportation.)

I sure hope that doesn't mean no ceviche.

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

I'm pretty sure we'll be there. Not sure how long we'll stay.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

Imagine4vr

I'll put up a list of the wines I'll be opening within the week - I hope you all will make it!

Imagine4vr

Just rescuing this from the 2nd page!

I have a lot of wine. Mostly woot wines - something special anyone is interested in?

Would you rather have a sampling of different wines, or all similar?

On the list of yes/probably:

Iron Horse Cab Franc
A Sparkly Wine - Mumm or the Wedding Cuvee
Was thinking about opening the KR Sausao with the Sausao Port
Wellington - I'll pick 2, have to see what I have .. a CS and?

Please, I'm looking for suggestions.

Thanks!

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

My parents are in town this weekend so I have to downgrade my response from yes to maybe.

Outcome looks dim according to the crystal sphere though.

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

themostrighteous

damightyanteater wrote:My parents are in town this weekend so I have to downgrade my response from yes to maybe.

Outcome looks dim according to the crystal sphere though.

bring 'em along for the wine ride!!! :D

Imagine4vr

3 more days!!

And only 18 more days until I am out of the cold into the sunshine!

With that said, I hope you all understand that my apartment is a *mess* and I have boxes and stuff all over. But we are here to drink wine and hopefully you'll take a box of "stuff" home with you. I wonder if I offered boxes of c.r.a.p. if that might entice more of you in hopes of getting something good?

Anyways - Sunday, come around 4pm - I have wine and I have a bunch of mediocre glasses. You'll even be able to bring your glass home if you like! I will shop and pick up some bread/crackers and maybe some meat of a sort - and I'll open the spinach artichoke dip from woot. This is a casual affair and more of a party than an official "wine tasting".

The snk's plus have offered to bring cheese? And of course Walstib is going to bring gelato?!

If anyone would like to bring anything else? Or we could just order some food - just about anything you want can be delivered.

Speak up everyone - What do you think?

edited: I misjudged and I could use another wine shipping case box, with styrofoam (or 2) if anyone has one lying around. Thanks!

joekerjr

Imagine4vr wrote:3 more days!!

And only 18 more days until I am out of the cold into the sunshine!

With that said, I hope you all understand that my apartment is a *mess* and I have boxes and stuff all over. But we are here to drink wine and hopefully you'll take a box of "stuff" home with you. I wonder if I offered boxes of c.r.a.p. if that might entice more of you in hopes of getting something good?

Anyways - Sunday, come around 4pm - I have wine and I have a bunch of mediocre glasses. You'll even be able to bring your glass home if you like! I will shop and pick up some bread/crackers and maybe some meat of a sort - and I'll open the spinach artichoke dip from woot. This is a casual affair and more of a party than an official "wine tasting".

The snk's plus have offered to bring cheese? And of course Walstib is going to bring gelato?!

If anyone would like to bring anything else? Or we could just order some food - just about anything you want can be delivered.

Speak up everyone - What do you think?

edited: I misjudged and I could use another wine shipping case box, with styrofoam (or 2) if anyone has one lying around. Thanks!

Nobody wants smoked string cheese do they? ;)

Imagine4vr

joekerjr wrote:Nobody wants smoked string cheese do they? ;)

Of course we do!

For those who need my address and phone # and directions, pm me or email me at imagine4vr at aol dot com.

We have to drink at least 10 bottles of wine - I sure hope you all are coming!

themostrighteous

Imagine4vr wrote:Of course we do!

For those who need my address and phone # and directions, pm me or email me at imagine4vr at aol dot com.

We have to drink at least 10 bottles of wine - I sure hope you all are coming!

i am definitely coming!

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

We picked up a boring layered bean dip at Costco yesterday. Yeah it is nylon, but it has been one of those weeks.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

Imagine4vr

lauratchi wrote:We picked up a boring layered bean dip at Costco yesterday. Yeah it is nylon, but it has been one of those weeks.

I picked up crackers, 2 different salami's, a container of mozzarella, and I have the artichoke dip and some olive tapenade to go with some cream cheese.

If we want more food, there's always delivery. Nice and easy.

snk

Hey Imagine, sorry for the late post.

We are still in and will be bringing assorted cheese and charcuterie.

I can bring the 6-bottle box with bottle inserts that the Wellington x2 came in recently for you if you want.