tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
themostrighteous wrote:straight from the bottle yes?!? :P

ms. laura: i will bring along the other moscato d'asti for your EHP.

tommy & ms. laura & zorandra : i will bring along 4, 2 & 2 bottles of of the Ty Caton Field Blend for each of you respectively. the total came to $17.50 per bottle. i know, not nearly as attractive as the per bottle price that Mr. Caton offered here just a week or so afterwards, but them the breaks kiddos.

tommy: the Iron Horse bubbly ain't here yet, so i'll deliver your bottle + half of the flutes at CWWT#9, but i would appreciate payment this Sunday. the total came to $26.25 per bottle. cool?

did i forget anyone and / or any wine trade that i might conclude this sunday? i swear i gotta stop trading wine. i can't keep track of it no mo'!

EDIT: oh, and WD, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! here's hoping for some Iron Horse bubbly. what with the theme being bubbly & all. :P


Absolutely cool!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

themostrighteous


quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous

yo, yo, listen up y'all!!! having trouble deciding what to bring to the par-tay??? papa TMR's got your back! (or, more to the point, Binny's does.) an appropriately timed sale if ever there was one.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
themostrighteous wrote:yo, yo, listen up y'all!!! having trouble deciding what to bring to the par-tay??? papa TMR's got your back! (or, more to the point, Binny's does.) an appropriately timed sale if ever there was one.



Excellent. We are making fevered (not really) preparations here. We'll be all ready to go. I am making a sushi run just before the party. Something tells me you won't be going home hungry. I'm just sayin is all.



Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
lauratchi wrote:Excellent. We are making fevered (not really) preparations here. We'll be all ready to go. I am making a sushi run just before the party. Something tells me you won't be going home hungry. I'm just sayin is all.



Just bumping this up - ONE MORE DAY!

I am shopping today, will post what I'm bringing later. Also, zorandra, if you need/want a ride tomorrow pm or email me at this name (imagine4vr) at aol.com. I'll have a car and you're on my way

Walstib


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Walstib
Imagine4vr wrote:4pm is a good start time for me.



So is 4pm confirmed?

themostrighteous


quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
Walstib wrote:So is 4pm confirmed?


hope so, cuz that's when i'm planning to get there, ready or not!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

4pm is awesome for me...my +1 can't make it so it'll be just me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

OH yeah...

4 pm is confirmed. I'll be on a sushi run, but Joel will be here.

So so excited....

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
lauratchi wrote:OH yeah...

4 pm is confirmed. I'll be on a sushi run, but Joel will be here.

So so excited....



And it appears the streets are much more parking friendly in terms of not being huge puddles with lots of ice. Things actually melted and drained here. Hopefully you can all find some reasonable parking.

Joel has been doing the lion's share of the cooking, cleaning and prep stuff. I got the bestest guy ever! Now me, I have to go to work tonight. And I shall make my normal disclaimer.

Laura has one of those weak filters. Deprive of a bit of sleep, administer alcohol and well, let us say that said filter beats a hasty retreat. I'll try to be on my best behavior, but.. well... the CWWT crowd all knows how that goes.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

4pm is good for me!

This is what I'm bringing to drink -

Segura Viudas Aria - Estate Brut Cava and Nino Franco Prosecco di Valdobbiadene Rustico.

See ya'll tomorrow!

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

I'll be bringing a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label, and homemade fudge.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

joekerjr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joekerjr

I finally settled on Schramberg's Mirabelle Brut Rose. Hope that's ok with everyone. I was also bringing Strevi Moscato D'Asti until we had guests and they drank it all. I didn't have any. It was delicious. Not that I had any you understand.

On the food front, I took a new direction and rather than just bring some plain cheese on a platter, not that my cheese is ever plain, I'm bringing Brie en Croute with strawberry preserves. I'm pretty sure that is a run on sentence.

themostrighteous


quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
joekerjr wrote:I finally settled on Schramberg's Mirabelle Brut Rose. Hope that's ok with everyone. I was also bringing Strevi Moscato D'Asti until we had guests and they drank it all. I didn't have any. It was delicious. Not that I had any you understand.

On the food front, I took a new direction and rather than just bring some plain cheese on a platter, not that my cheese is ever plain, I'm bringing Brie en Croute with strawberry preserves. I'm pretty sure that is a run on sentence.


funny that: i'm bringing two bottles of that same Strevi to trade with ms. laura for some EHP, plus one bottle of Saracco for our collective consumption. if ms. laura deems it appropriate, we could always switch out the Saracco for the Strevi - i love both of them, so i'm delightedly indifferent, knowwhatimsayin'?!? up to the missus.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
themostrighteous wrote:funny that: i'm bringing two bottles of that same Strevi to trade with ms. laura for some EHP, plus one bottle of Saracco for our collective consumption. if ms. laura deems it appropriate, we could always switch out the Saracco for the Strevi - i love both of them, so i'm delightedly indifferent, knowwhatimsayin'?!? up to the missus.



I'm gonna defer right back at ya, cause I've had neither. ha!

Joe, glad you are coming. It'll be good to have you back in the hood!

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

snk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages snk

Hey All,

My wife has advised me that we are bringing the following cheeses:

- Triple creme chevre
- Ossau Iraty

and assorted olives.

I know I said "spread" before, but it turns out I meant "bread". :p

See y'all tomorrow at 4!

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

The sky is sunny.

The streets are clear.

Final preparations are under way.

Couldn't think of a better day to drink sparklies with our wine.woot friends.

CJ, I'm making those savory shortbreads. I'll let you know how they turn out. Our parm had died, so I substituted that Serena stuff that was offered here in November.

Back to work. See you all later!

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

Walstib


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Walstib

Update - We are bringing:

NV Gosset Brut Excellence
2007 Martin & Weyrich Moscato Allegro

Savory shortbreads sound wonderful.
See you all in a few hours!

baniak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages baniak

OMGHI2U,

This is Layne (Zorandra's +1 ) - the mac and cheese is ready. We forgot to add the Surgeon General's warning to it, but we'll make sure to warn everybody

I know this is last minute, but if anybody has extra champagne flutes, we would be very grateful if we could borrow two. We have twelve coming from the Iron Horse woot a week or so ago, but at the moment we are fluteless.

Thanks, see you soon!

Layne

cjsiege


quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
lauratchi wrote:CJ, I'm making those savory shortbreads. I'll let you know how they turn out. Our parm had died, so I substituted that Serena stuff that was offered here in November.


Let me know how they comeout for you. I made them on Christmas Day. Very, very tasty, but extremely crumbly. Of course, I also had a major oops. Forgot an ingredient (the pecans) until I had already finished prepwork, then had to work the pecans back in. So my shortbreads may have been overworked.

But they were still darned tasty. And crumbly.

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Hope you all have a wonderful, sparkling evening.

We're looking forward to a Chandon etoile on New Year's Eve. That is some real nice sparkly. Let me know how it goes over with the group. (And I am assuming it is the regular vs. the rose. Both are great.)

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
cjsiege wrote:Let me know how they comeout for you. I made them on Christmas Day. Very, very tasty, but extremely crumbly. Of course, I also had a major oops. Forgot an ingredient (the pecans) until I had already finished prepwork, then had to work the pecans back in. So my shortbreads may have been overworked.

But they were still darned tasty. And crumbly.



Very crumbly.
But tasty. And I remembered to put the pecans in. The serena worked better than I thought it would. Everyone seemed to enjoy them.

Speaking of our tasting.

12 people. 11 people drinking. 15 bottles. 10 dead soldiers and 5 unfinished. I took pictures of the bottles, which I'll try to post tomorrow.

We had a great time. Walstib's gelato was insanely good. Zorondra's Mac N Cheese was a Lipitor Lover's Dream. Oh heck, there wasn't a bad morsel to be had. Olive's and Cheese courtesy of snk's + 1 so good. Joeker's Baked Brie with Strawberry Preserves equally yummy. Oh yeah, and did I mention Walstib's gelato. Burnt Sugar (Joel's favorite) and Cinnamon Dark Chocolate (my favorite).

Joel didn't do so bad either with the pork, fennel and other sides he made.

And a huge thanks to TMR for coming up with a tasting order and capably opening MOST of the bottles.

Twas a great time. Thanks everyone for coming!

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

snk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages snk

A big thanks to Laura and Joel for hosting. The food was great and the company even better!

I know the January shindig is already overflowing (and probably out of our league) so we won't even attempt to attend, but we are looking forward to future CWWT events.

We're glad y'all enjoyed the cheese we brought and rest assured, we will always be happy to bring more new and interesting fromages, olives, charcuterie, etc.

It was great meeting y'all!

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr


Laura and Joel - THANK YOU! Thank you for hosting and for once again putting out an amazing spread of food. I'm really surprised your neighbors weren't banging on your door, the food was so good you could smell it outside!

Walstib - gelato - I think that says it all. My favorite pairing of the night was the burnt sugar gelato and the Serv? YUM! May I pleeease have some more?

And thank you to everyone else who came out - was great seeing everyone again and meeting new friends. (especially one with a CHEESE connection!)

What a fun time - those who didn't make it truly missed out.

zorandra


quality posts: 5 Private Messages zorandra

Great people, wonderful food, and the bubblez were not half bad either. And let me add my huge thanks to Laura and Joel for hosting. And to everyone, these little events have been fun, tasty and educational. Just bummed Layne and I did not join in sooner.

Everyone have a great NYE and see you all shortly, I am sure.

Cheers.


- maria

I don't want the world, I just want your half. - TMBG, "Ana Ng"
CT (working on it)

zorandra


quality posts: 5 Private Messages zorandra

PS! - As previously mentioned everything we ate last night was quite delicious. So to those that are not guarding family secrets: would you you mind sharing recipes? If so, you can email me the recipe at (zorandra) at (gmail.com) - minus the extra spaces and parentheses.

Thanks.

I don't want the world, I just want your half. - TMBG, "Ana Ng"
CT (working on it)

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

Had a fantastic time with everyone last night. Sparklies were great, food was delicious, gelato was out of this world. And Laura and Joel rocked in the hosting department. Looking forward to seeing most of you real soon and the rest of you not much longer after that at Imagines drink my wine going away party...I mean tasting.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

themostrighteous


quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous

teh bubbleh tasting order:

N.V. L. Mawby Blanc de Blancs (USA, Michigan, Leelanau Peninsula) (the most pleasant surprise of the evening for me)
N.V. Heidsieck & Co. Monopole Champagne Blue Top Brut (France, Champagne)
N.V. Gosset Champagne Brut Excellence (France, Champagne)
2002 Mumm Napa Devaux Ranch (USA, California, Napa Valley, Carneros)
N.V. Domaine Chandon Etoile Brut (USA, California)
N.V. Nino Franco Prosecco di Valdobbiadene Rustico (Italy, Veneto, Prosecco di Valdobbiadene)
N.V. Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Brut (France, Champagne)
N.V. Tarantas Cava (Spain, Cava)
N.V. Segura Viudas Cava Aria Brut (Spain, Catalunya, Cava) (acetone on the nose (!) something that i have never experienced in a wine before)
N.V. Segura Viudas Cava Aria Extra Dry (Spain, Catalunya, Cava) (ditto - must be the house style! :P)
N.V. Schramsberg Vineyards Mirabelle Brut Rose (USA, California, North Coast) (my favorite bottle of the evening)
N.V. Mumm Napa Pinot Noir Cuvée M Red (USA, California, Napa Valley)
N.V. Domaine Chandon Sparking Red (USA, California, Napa Valley)
2007 Martin & Weyrich Moscato Allegro (USA, California)
2006 Marenco Moscato d'Asti Strev (Italy, Piedmont, Asti, Moscato d'Asti) (a real treat with Walstib's burnt sugar gelato)

speaking of which: Walstib's cinnamon chocolate gelato was to die for (as in i want to have it served to me when i arrive at the pearly gates).

please let me know if i have mis-identified and / or mis-linked any of the wines.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

themostrighteous


quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
lauratchi wrote:Very crumbly.
But tasty. And I remembered to put the pecans in. The serena worked better than I thought it would. Everyone seemed to enjoy them.


delightful!!!

lauratchi wrote:Speaking of our tasting.

12 people. 11 people drinking. 15 bottles. 10 dead soldiers and 5 unfinished. I took pictures of the bottles, which I'll try to post tomorrow.

We had a great time. Walstib's gelato was insanely good. Zorondra's Mac N Cheese was a Lipitor Lover's Dream. Oh heck, there wasn't a bad morsel to be had. Olive's and Cheese courtesy of snk's + 1 so good. Joeker's Baked Brie with Strawberry Preserves equally yummy. Oh yeah, and did I mention Walstib's gelato. Burnt Sugar (Joel's favorite) and Cinnamon Dark Chocolate (my favorite).

Joel didn't do so bad either with the pork, fennel and other sides he made.


as my 8 year-old is fond of saying, a HUGEMONGOUS shoutout to ms. laura & joel for being extremely gracious hosts - you will forever hold a special place in the annals of CWWT history having hosted both the first & the last tastings in our inaugural year!

lauratchi wrote:And a huge thanks to TMR for coming up with a tasting order and capably opening MOST of the bottles.


two observations: (i) as to tasting order, i had loads of help from Walstib, so kudos to him; and (ii) as to spilling teh bubbleh, it was a red sparkler, i don't like red sparklers, so NYAH!!! :P

lauratchi wrote:Twas a great time. Thanks everyone for coming!


'twas very nice to see some old faces (Walstib + 1 & joekerjr) as well as new ones (snk + 1 (*)) not to mention all of the regulars (ms. laura, joel, tommy, zorandra & layne (yeah, i know, you've only been to one other tasting, but it feels like we've known you forever), and last but certainly not least she-who-is-leaving-us for warmer places imagine.

(*) can you please remind me the name of your DW's wine & cheese shop? post or PM please. thanks!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
themostrighteous wrote:teh bubbleh tasting order:

N.V. L. Mawby Blanc de Blancs (USA, Michigan, Leelanau Peninsula) (the most pleasant surprise of the evening for me)
N.V. Heidsieck & Co. Monopole Champagne Blue Top Brut (France, Champagne)
N.V. Gosset Champagne Brut Excellence (France, Champagne)
2002 Mumm Napa Devaux Ranch (USA, California, Napa Valley, Carneros)
N.V. Domaine Chandon Etoile Brut (USA, California)
N.V. Nino Franco Prosecco di Valdobbiadene Rustico (Italy, Veneto, Prosecco di Valdobbiadene)
N.V. Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Brut (France, Champagne)
N.V. Tarantas Cava (Spain, Cava)
N.V. Segura Viudas Cava Aria Brut (Spain, Catalunya, Cava) (acetone on the nose (!) something that i have never experienced in a wine before)
N.V. Segura Viudas Cava Aria Extra Dry (Spain, Catalunya, Cava) (ditto - must be the house style! :P)
N.V. Schramsberg Vineyards Mirabelle Brut Rose (USA, California, North Coast) (my favorite bottle of the evening)
N.V. Mumm Napa Pinot Noir Cuvée M Red (USA, California, Napa Valley)
N.V. Domaine Chandon Sparking Red (USA, California, Napa Valley)
2007 Martin & Weyrich Moscato Allegro (USA, California)
2006 Marenco Moscato d'Asti Strev (Italy, Piedmont, Asti, Moscato d'Asti) (a real treat with Walstib's burnt sugar gelato)

speaking of which: Walstib's cinnamon chocolate gelato was to die for (as in i want to have it served to me when i arrive at the pearly gates).

please let me know if i have mis-identified and / or mis-linked any of the wines.


I think that the etoile is not a non-vintage. Mine shows a year on the band at the top, or the ribbon. One of the two.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

snk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages snk
themostrighteous wrote:can you please remind me the name of your DW's wine & cheese shop? post or PM please. thanks!



Hey TMR, it was nice to meet you as well and we hope we can start becoming regulars at these events.

The place where my wife works is called "Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread & Wine". Their web-site is at: http://www.pastoralartisan.com/ My wife works at the Loop location. They have great sandwiches if you happen to be in the area and don't want to settle for Subway or any other run-of-the-mill sandwich joints. Check it out: http://www.pastoralartisan.com/sandwiches.shtm

Looking forward to seeing y'all again soon!

Walstib


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Walstib

Just wanted to join the chorus of gratitude to Laura and Joel for hosting an extremely enjoyable evening. We really appreciate the hospitality. Chef Joel's pork was terrific, and Z&L's mac-n-cheese was, to steal a line from our Master of Ceremonies, ridonkulous. Wonderful to meet new friends and catch up with the degenerates, err, regulars. (Is joekerjr quick with a one-liner, or what?) Finally, an above-and-beyond shout out to Imagine for the lift home.

I don't know why we haven't been able to make it to more of these. My lovely wife (and Keeper of the Calendar) has informed me that CWWTs have moved way up on her scheduling priority list. We had a blast.