Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

So baseball's over. What better reason is there to drink wine?!

When: Sunday, Nov 16, 2008
6pm
Taste Of Peru
6545 N Clark St, Chicago
http://www.tasteofperu.com/

As posted on the next page, TMR is bringing these wines for us (from Saxon Brown):
1999 Saxon-Brown Pinot Noir Russian River Valley (USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley)
2005 Saxon-Brown Syrah Parmelee-Hill (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley)
2005 Saxon-Brown Zinfandel Casa Santinamaria Vineyards (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley)
2006 Saxon-Brown Pinot Noir Black Kite Vineyard (USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley)

I will bringing the 2005, 2006 and 2007 Poizin for a vertical tasting. (If anyone wants to supply the CT links I'll add them).

So Who Is Coming? Who's not?

Attending
Imagine
Laura and Joel
tommycat
TMR
zorandra + 1
Andie203

Maybe Attending
myrlin
richc
cpsigsegv

Not attending
probably too many of you

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
Imagine4vr wrote:So baseball's over. What better reason is there to drink wine?!

I'd like to suggest a Sunday, and hopefully Laura and Joel will join us once again.
So let's pick!

Oct 12 Nov 2
Oct 19 Nov 9
Oct 26 Nov 16
Nov 23

When and where? and I guess we'll need a theme too.

Speak up Chicago wooters!

I won't be able to make it for Oct. 19th or Oct. 26th. I will be at DTW #2 on the weekend of the 19th, and I will be in Arizona for a wedding the weekend of the 26th. I am down for pretty much any other day though.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
Imagine4vr wrote:So baseball's over. What better reason is there to drink wine?!

ahh. sounds like an EXCELLENT idea to me. i will check my calendar & post my answers later today.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Sunday? Sad for me. Guess I'll have to pass on this one!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

Remember the K Vintners wine that Justin from Reininger's friend brought?

GV reviewed the latest vintage last tuesday. Don't drink his Chateau Smith, though, it's VDDD.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

I'd like to avoid Nov 2, because that is the Sunday after time change. Working 13 hours while you are all getting an extra hour of sleep is just not fun. I'll be sleeping, not drinking wine, that is for sure.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

Imagine4vr

lauratchi wrote:I'd like to avoid Nov 2, because that is the Sunday after time change. Working 13 hours while you are all getting an extra hour of sleep is just not fun. I'll be sleeping, not drinking wine, that is for sure.

So we've barely started to plan and already almost at the bottom of the page! Not good. Hey Chicago people, where are you? We want to drink wine with you.

So far the dates that are good for everyone:
Well this Sunday is open if everyone wants, otherwise we're talking November -
Nov 9, Nov 16, or Nov 23.

What do you all think?

Imagine4vr

Imagine4vr wrote:So we've barely started to plan and already almost at the bottom of the page! Not good. Hey Chicago people, where are you? We want to drink wine with you.

So far the dates that are good for everyone:
Well this Sunday is open if everyone wants, otherwise we're talking November -
Nov 9, Nov 16, or Nov 23.

What do you all think?

See the top post of the thread for current information.

lauratchi

Imagine4vr wrote:See the top post of the thread for current information.

Fancy editing job!

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

themostrighteous

Imagine4vr wrote:See the top post of the thread for current information.

sorry to respond so belatedly. i can't make the 9th - i'm Mr. Mom that weekend -, but i could make either of the other two weekends. though it's a bit late to be chiming in about that.

lauratchi

themostrighteous wrote:sorry to respond so belatedly. i can't make the 9th - i'm Mr. Mom that weekend -, but i could make either of the other two weekends. though it's a bit late to be chiming in about that.

We kind of made a random decision, thinking that the 16th was encroaching on Thanksgiving. The 16th would work just as well for us.

Imagine4vr

lauratchi wrote:We kind of made a random decision, thinking that the 16th was encroaching on Thanksgiving. The 16th would work just as well for us.

16th works fine for me so I'll change it til the 16th

cheron98

Imagine4vr wrote:16th works fine for me so I'll change it til the 16th

Guess that means for sure you're not going to Vegas, hm?

Imagine4vr

cheron98 wrote:Guess that means for sure you're not going to Vegas, hm?

Unfortunately I just can't afford it.

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

ABout 2 minutes after I posted that it's the 9th! Guess I need to go update the update!

Imagine4vr

cjsiege wrote:ABout 2 minutes after I posted that it's the 9th! Guess I need to go update the update!

Sorry! I was trying to get it done before you posted!
Thank you for updating us

themostrighteous

tommythecat78

16th should be cool for me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
Imagine4vr wrote:Sorry! I was trying to get it done before you posted!
Thank you for updating us

No worries. It's always a losing battle for me anyway!

Imagine4vr

Just bumping this up before we fall to the next page.

Chicago wine wooters where are you?

tommythecat78

Imagine4vr wrote:Just bumping this up before we fall to the next page.

I've been keeping an eye out. Not much for me to add at this point. Any ideas on where to go?

zorandra

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zorandra

Ooh! The weekend after my birthday. Is there a theme yet; a locale? Now that winter is here I am back on the wine wagon. Damn warm weather varietals. Though, I did really drink white this summer for the first time.

But back to this tasting...

I don't want the world, I just want your half. - TMBG, "Ana Ng"
CT (working on it)

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
Imagine4vr wrote:Just bumping this up before we fall to the next page.

Ddeudeg and I are thinking of coming out to a Chicago tasting sometime, but we will be on our way back from the SoCal weekend in Vegas this time. Seems like there are some good flight deals for us. We'll join you another time.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

Imagine4vr

zorandra wrote:Ooh! The weekend after my birthday. Is there a theme yet; a locale? Now that winter is here I am back on the wine wagon. Damn warm weather varietals. Though, I did really drink white this summer for the first time.

But back to this tasting...

No theme or location yet, was hoping to see how many people before we decided where. In the past we've gone out to dinner and had tastings at my home and Laura and Joel's.

I added you to the maybe list, keep checking back or offer ideas if you have them

Imagine4vr

bahwm wrote:Ddeudeg and I are thinking of coming out to a Chicago tasting sometime, but we will be on our way back from the SoCal weekend in Vegas this time. Seems like there are some good flight deals for us. We'll join you another time.

We would love to have you join us anytime.

tommythecat78

Bump

cpsigsegv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cpsigsegv

Any ideas on general location? I'm "Chicago Area". Are we talking "in the city" somewhere?

Depending on where may be able to attend, especially if it's on a weekend.

I had to miss the Chicago Marathon this year due to ankle injury, so looking for any excuse to drown my sorrows.

cpsigsegv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cpsigsegv
cpsigsegv wrote:Any ideas on general location? I'm "Chicago Area". Are we talking "in the city" somewhere?

Depending on where may be able to attend, especially if it's on a weekend.

I had to miss the Chicago Marathon this year due to ankle injury, so looking for any excuse to drown my sorrows.

Ohhh, and I finally got a black square!

lauratchi

cpsigsegv wrote:Ohhh, and I finally got a black square!

Woo hoo! Black square.

I don't think we have figured out a place yet. We probably should think about that at some point, huh?

themostrighteous

lauratchi wrote:Woo hoo! Black square.

I don't think we have figured out a place yet. We probably should think about that at some point, huh?

we could make Cotes du Rhone the official BYOB of all future CWWT's! :P

just kidding. i'll go anywhere. including back to CDR over and over and over...

EDIT: cpsigsegv: congratulations on achieving (if that is the right descriptor for spending a lot of money) black square. what purchase put you over the top? just curious.

myrlin

quality posts: 9 Private Messages myrlin

As a long time lurker I would enjoy the chance to learn and enjoy the good juice with others.

If work permits, my gf and I love to join.

Are these usually in the city type events (public transportation usable)?

008 Barrels of Crud
183 Bottles of Juice

themostrighteous

myrlin wrote:As a long time lurker I would enjoy the chance to learn and enjoy the good juice with others.

If work permits, my gf and I love to join.

Are these usually in the city type events (public transportation usable)?

all have been in the city thus far. public transportation accessible for the most part but to varying degrees. hope you & your girl can make it.

themostrighteous

so, as to place & theme, what do y'all think? if anybody knows an inexpensive sushi restaurant, then we could do a white sparkling wine-sushi tasting, which would be ridiculously awesome! i've done this before w/ another group, and it was an amazing experience, so i'd be happy to repeat.

other ideas???

NOTE: oh, and before the Detroit crowd screams bloody murder in my general direction for 'copying' their idea, please kindly note that it was i who gave cheron said idea in the first place. (well, that's my story anyway, and i'm sticking to it.) so :P

cheron98

themostrighteous wrote:so, as to place & theme, what do y'all think? if anybody knows an inexpensive sushi restaurant, then we could do a white sparkling wine-sushi tasting, which would be ridiculously awesome! i've done this before w/ another group, and it was an amazing experience, so i'd be happy to repeat.

other ideas???

NOTE: oh, and before the Detroit crowd screams bloody murder in my general direction for 'copying' their idea, please kindly note that it was i who gave cheron said idea in the first place. (well, that's my story anyway, and i'm sticking to it.) so :P

bloody murder!!!! IDEA THIEF!!!

Tho' I guess I should expect that from THIS crowd... y'know, since tommy stole my palate training idea before and all...

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:bloody murder!!!! IDEA THIEF!!!

Tho' I guess I should expect that from THIS crowd... y'know, since tommy stole my palate training idea before and all...

*cough* My idea first, I just didn't create a separate thread at first.

themostrighteous

cheron98 wrote:bloody murder!!!! IDEA THIEF!!!

tommythecat78 wrote:*cough* My idea first, I just didn't create a separate thread at first.

no no no. like i said, been there, done that. so stop claiming credit for something that you cannot claim credit! :P

btw, Coast was VERY good & moderately priced, if y'all are interested for this go 'round.

Imagine4vr

themostrighteous wrote:no no no. like i said, been there, done that. so stop claiming credit for something that you cannot claim credit! :P

btw, Coast was VERY good & moderately priced, if y'all are interested for this go 'round.

I don't do sushi and not much on the menu is appealing to me

richc7

quality posts: 4 Private Messages richc7

Sushi sounds good to me, but a number of people may get left out like imagine (especially since there's often not much else to eat). I would, however, give a second endorsement to Coast for a nice byob sushi restaurant

Just tried a bbq joint on Pulaski called Smoque which was pretty good. It is byob although it may be somewhat difficult to seat a decent sized group since it's kind of small.

And another suggestion if you want to keep the wine light is Opart Thai.

lauratchi

Can't do sushi either. I don't see Smoque as a good venue. Good BBQ but a bit too casual I think.

Imagine4vr

richc7 wrote:Sushi sounds good to me, but a number of people may get left out like imagine (especially since there's often not much else to eat). I would, however, give a second endorsement to Coast for a nice byob sushi restaurant

Just tried a bbq joint on Pulaski called Smoque which was pretty good. It is byob although it may be somewhat difficult to seat a decent sized group since it's kind of small.

And another suggestion if you want to keep the wine light is Opart Thai.

Opart Thai is one of my favorite Thai places; or we could do the Peruvian place we talked about before; it's only on Sat nights they have live music, I think. Or Cotes Du Rhone again or Tango Sur or ... ?