cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Hey Chicagoans,

I'm VERY LIKELY going to be coming out to Chicago this weekend (Labor Day). Who's available for what and when?

It wouldn't cost me any more to come out and stay in a hotel from fri night to monday than just sat - mon, since one of my fav hotels is having a buy-2-get-one-free weekend night thing. Monday I'm only gonna hang around until about 3 in order to get home in relative ease. I'm just wondering what I'm going to do by myself all day I'm a wee bit fearful of wandering around a strange (to me) city by myself.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:I am working on Sat. so thats why either lunch or later that night. I will have to ask my roommate whether or not its cool for you to crash there since its his place and all.

Super. What are your hours? Might pop in and face my needle phobia to watch you work for a bit Maybe discuss an ear piercing. Assuming there's some way to totally numb my ears before doing so. Perhaps.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
cheron98 wrote:Hey Chicagoans,

I'm VERY LIKELY going to be coming out to Chicago this weekend (Labor Day). Who's available for what and when?

It wouldn't cost me any more to come out and stay in a hotel from fri night to monday than just sat - mon, since one of my fav hotels is having a buy-2-get-one-free weekend night thing. Monday I'm only gonna hang around until about 3 in order to get home in relative ease. I'm just wondering what I'm going to do by myself all day I'm a wee bit fearful of wandering around a strange (to me) city by myself.

What hotel? In the city or out? You can probably find a really good deal in NW Indiana and be easier to make your way home without being too far from downtown.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:Super. What are your hours? Might pop in and face my needle phobia to watch you work for a bit Maybe discuss an ear piercing. Assuming there's some way to totally numb my ears before doing so. Perhaps.

No way to totally numb them without a novacaine injection. Shop is open 2-9, but I dont know when I will be here. It will depend on if we do lunch or something later on.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:What hotel? In the city or out? You can probably find a really good deal in NW Indiana and be easier to make your way home without being too far from downtown.

Any of the Starwood hotels, so like Westin, W, Sheraton, Four Points, etc. Downtown, around town... probably end up in the Rosemont area since that ends up being cheapest. Stayed at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare last time and it worked out great. I don't mind winding through Chicago to get back out - Lake Shore Dr is a nice ride

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:Any of the Starwood hotels, so like Westin, W, Sheraton, Four Points, etc. Downtown, around town... probably end up in the Rosemont area since that ends up being cheapest. Stayed at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare last time and it worked out great. I don't mind winding through Chicago to get back out - Lake Shore Dr is a nice ride

You definitely have a lot to learn if you are going back through the city from O'hare.

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
tommythecat78 wrote:You definitely have a lot to learn if you are going back through the city from O'hare.

Depends on when she leaves T. We've gone thru the city many times and it's always been quicker than going the long way around (294). Counter intuitive and nutty, yes, but it works. (That augmented with listening to traffic reports)

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

tommythecat78

lauratchi wrote:Depends on when she leaves T. We've gone thru the city many times and it's always been quicker than going the long way around (294). Counter intuitive and nutty, yes, but it works. (That augmented with listening to traffic reports)

I agree either way is a crapshoot most of the time, but lately I have had a lot of success with 294 even with the construction around the Cicero ave. area. So are you going to be able to get together with us this weekend?

lauratchi

We'd be free on Sunday afternoon/evening.

As usual tho, I don't want anyone to make plans around us if that doesnt work for them.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

cheron98

lauratchi wrote:We'd be free on Sunday afternoon/evening.

As usual tho, I don't want anyone to make plans around us if that doesnt work for them.

Well I can meet people separately, it's OK. Really. Give me stuff to do

And you'd be surprised with how much traffic I'll put up with. Jersey girl and all.

lauratchi

cheron98 wrote:Well I can meet people separately, it's OK. Really. Give me stuff to do

And you'd be surprised with how much traffic I'll put up with. Jersey girl and all.

We can make all the left turns we want here! ha! AND pump our own gas!

cheron98

lauratchi wrote:We can make all the left turns we want here! ha! AND pump our own gas!

ha, yeah. That is definitely a bonus of being outside of Jersey. Though Michigan is just as rough on the left turn thing

cheron98

Well, I'm going to bed. You night owls discuss amongst yourselves what I should be doing this weekend and then let me know. I'll hold off booking a room until tommy can talk to his roomie. I already know TMR will be unable to join us this weekend. Something about "quality time" with the "family". Y'know, since he's been monopolized by not-family for the past month or so

And I will be perfectly happy to spend an entire day at Shedd's if need be, since I only got to spend about an hour and a half there last time due to lazy-ass (ex) boyfriend who couldn't get his ass out of the hotel before frikkin noon.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cheron98 wrote:ha, yeah. That is definitely a bonus of being outside of Jersey. Though Michigan is just as rough on the left turn thing

explain the left turn thing to those of us in low population density areas please.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:explain the left turn thing to those of us in low population density areas please.

They don't like people making left turns. So you have to do weird things to make left turns. In Jersey, they put up "jughandles" all over the place, where you either have to bear right and make a turny thingy that comes up to a light where you can then go straight through to effectively turn left, or you have to pass through the intersection you want to turn left at to bear right and make a loop-back turny thingy that comes up to a light where you can then go straight through to effectively turn left.

Michigan has the "Michigan Left" which is a boulevard system, where you either pass through the intersection you want to turn left at and then make a u-turn to the other side of the road and then turn right at the intersection, thus effectively turning left, or you turn right at the intersection you want to turn left at and then make a u-turn to the other side of the road and go straight back through the intersection, thus effectively turning left.

It's crazy.

lauratchi

cheron98 wrote:Well, I'm going to bed. You night owls discuss amongst yourselves what I should be doing this weekend and then let me know. I'll hold off booking a room until tommy can talk to his roomie. I already know TMR will be unable to join us this weekend. Something about "quality time" with the "family". Y'know, since he's been monopolized by not-family for the past month or so

And I will be perfectly happy to spend an entire day at Shedd's if need be, since I only got to spend about an hour and a half there last time due to lazy-ass (ex) boyfriend who couldn't get his ass out of the hotel before frikkin noon.

C...

You know, since you are planning on Vegas in Nov, you could stay home, get laundry done and save gas money for gaming money. I mean, it isn't as fun as coming to Chicago, but o so very much more practical.

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:They don't like people making left turns. So you have to do weird things to make left turns. In Jersey, they put up "jughandles" all over the place, where you either have to bear right and make a turny thingy that comes up to a light where you can then go straight through to effectively turn left, or you have to pass through the intersection you want to turn left at to bear right and make a loop-back turny thingy that comes up to a light where you can then go straight through to effectively turn left.

Michigan has the "Michigan Left" which is a boulevard system, where you either pass through the intersection you want to turn left at and then make a u-turn to the other side of the road and then turn right at the intersection, thus effectively turning left, or you turn right at the intersection you want to turn left at and then make a u-turn to the other side of the road and go straight back through the intersection, thus effectively turning left.

It's crazy.

Ah, see we just turn left

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

lauratchi

bhodilee wrote:Ah, see we just turn left

Us too. Tho I do love driving in the Vegas since it's allllllllllllllllllllll about the U turn in Vegas. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
cheron98 wrote:Well, I'm going to bed. You night owls discuss amongst yourselves what I should be doing this weekend and then let me know. I'll hold off booking a room until tommy can talk to his roomie. I already know TMR will be unable to join us this weekend. Something about "quality time" with the "family". Y'know, since he's been monopolized by not-family for the past month or so

yep. that be my condition. as for spending a day at Shedd's, your ex's loss: that place is PHENOMENAL.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

tommythecat78

I officially do have a BBQ to attend on Sunday. I would definitely be up for a brunch or something to that effect on Sunday as I will not have to worry about sleep since I don't have to work on Sunday night. See cheron...my schedule isn't THAT busy!!

cheron98

lauratchi wrote:C...

You know, since you are planning on Vegas in Nov, you could stay home, get laundry done and save gas money for gaming money. I mean, it isn't as fun as coming to Chicago, but o so very much more practical.

You've been talking to Sparky, haven't you

Yeah that would make more sense to do. Especially with it probably being a bad weekend for travel with everyone and their uncle traveling for the extended weekend. And you guys are all busy, I'm sure

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:I officially do have a BBQ to attend on Sunday. I would definitely be up for a brunch or something to that effect on Sunday as I will not have to worry about sleep since I don't have to work on Sunday night. See cheron...my schedule isn't THAT busy!!

Oh sure this weekend you're free, but every other time... laura's probably right though and I should probably not be spending the extra money this weekend. Especially since I really don't want to be wandering around Chicago alone while you guys all have your happy BBQs and stuff. Just call me loser girl who wasn't invited to any BBQs this weekend...

lauratchi

cheron98 wrote:You've been talking to Sparky, haven't you

Yeah that would make more sense to do. Especially with it probably being a bad weekend for travel with everyone and their uncle traveling for the extended weekend. And you guys are all busy, I'm sure

No. No Sparky chats here. Just a ridiculous advocate of the practical. Tho I can just as easily go the other direction. Makes no sense. One of my many charms.

I just know that we are looking at a Vegas trip in either December or February. Getting flights less than 350 is seeming to be harder and harder. Let alone all the hotels and um, other expenditures that go along with being in Vegas.

cheron98

And the boss just officially destroyed any chance of me going anywhere this weekend... apparently we have a production roll that has to happen on the 1st at midnight, so I cannot leave town.

So... scratch that. Another time. Sorry all!

lauratchi

cheron98 wrote:And the boss just officially destroyed any chance of me going anywhere this weekend... apparently we have a production roll that has to happen on the 1st at midnight, so I cannot leave town.

Sigh. So now you are just loser girl who has to work like some of us.

bhodilee

lauratchi wrote:No. No Sparky chats here. Just a ridiculous advocate of the practical. Tho I can just as easily go the other direction. Makes no sense. One of my many charms.

I just know that we are looking at a Vegas trip in either December or February. Getting flights less than 350 is seeming to be harder and harder. Let alone all the hotels and um, other expenditures that go along with being in Vegas.

Hell yah, I priced the Vegas thing through every site known to man and I'm officially PRICED OUT. I'm not spending 700 or more bucks on a weekend in Vegas. That's like the entire Christmas fund for the kids. Can't do it, kids need junky toys. Though this is totally the wrong forum.

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:And the boss just officially destroyed any chance of me going anywhere this weekend... apparently we have a production roll that has to happen on the 1st at midnight, so I cannot leave town.

BOOOO HISSSSSS!!! Roommate said no about crashing here because there is going to be a house full of kids this weekend, so I won't even be staying here. Tell the boss I said he vacuums and sorry that you won't be able to make it over to our neck of the woods this time. You would have been able to come to the BBQ, I asked my cousin and he said it was cool. NEXT TIME!!!

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:BOOOO HISSSSSS!!! Roommate said no about crashing here because there is going to be a house full of kids this weekend, so I won't even be staying here. Tell the boss I said he vacuums and sorry that you won't be able to make it over to our neck of the woods this time. You would have been able to come to the BBQ, I asked my cousin and he said it was cool. NEXT TIME!!!

Boss got confused. Forgot Monday was a holiday. We're rolling Wednesday instead. *rolls eyes* But I really should probably not go out there anyway and be at least somewhat financially responsible. As much as that vacuums and as bored as I'll be at home. Oh well.

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
cheron98 wrote:Boss got confused. Forgot Monday was a holiday. We're rolling Wednesday instead. *rolls eyes* But I really should probably not go out there anyway and be at least somewhat financially responsible. As much as that vacuums and as bored as I'll be at home. Oh well.

you're just BEGGING for somebody to say "come on out" aren't ya?!?

wish i could. but i can't. cuz, like somebody around here said, i've been monopolized by not-family for the past month or so.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

cheron98

themostrighteous wrote:you're just BEGGING for somebody to say "come on out" aren't ya?!?

wish i could. but i can't. cuz, like somebody around here said, i've been monopolized by not-family for the past month or so.

Oh I have the invitation to come out there - tommy's made that pretty clear. I just really really shouldn't at this point. Especially since it means I'd definitely have to get a hotel.

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:Oh I have the invitation to come out there - tommy's made that pretty clear. I just really really shouldn't at this point. Especially since it means I'd definitely have to get a hotel.

Yeah sorry about the roommate thing. He is having both his daughter and his GF's daughter over the whole weekend with friends. I am not even staying at home this weekend. Don't worry though, as of next week I have officially cut my hours to only Friday and Saturday at the tattoo shop and told the owner I will NOT be shy about taking any weekends off. Maybe just maybe sometime in the near future I will be able to make it out that way.

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:Yeah sorry about the roommate thing. He is having both his daughter and his GF's daughter over the whole weekend with friends. I am not even staying at home this weekend. Don't worry though, as of next week I have officially cut my hours to only Friday and Saturday at the tattoo shop and told the owner I will NOT be shy about taking any weekends off. Maybe just maybe sometime in the near future I will be able to make it out that way.

Sweet I'll have the chards chilled and waiting for ya!