dougall

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall

Quite possibly the most mediocre sandwich I have had in a long time. :/

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
dougall wrote:Quite possibly the most mediocre sandwich I have had in a long time. :/

What kind is it? Bologna and american cheese with mayo on white? O.o

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

dougall

Nitetigrezz wrote:What kind is it? Bologna and american cheese with mayo on white? O.o

Why would I order something like that? just to lower my standards?

it was pastrami, corned beef, turkey, beef and cheese held together in a 6" roll.

but meh..
I'm trying to put it behind me.

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:Why would I order something like that? just to lower my standards?

it was pastrami, corned beef, turkey, beef and cheese held together in a 6" roll.

but meh..
I'm trying to put it behind me.

What? I was living off of that for a spell when money was tight xp Or something akin anyway.

How in the world is a sandwich like that bland? O.o That sounds pretty awful. Any good snacks planned at least?

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

dougall

Nitetigrezz wrote:What? I was living off of that for a spell when money was tight xp Or something akin anyway.

How in the world is a sandwich like that bland? O.o That sounds pretty awful. Any good snacks planned at least?

It wasn't bland, just mediocre; the bread was overly soft, the meat not plentiful enough, The most noticeable flavor should not be the 3 slices of pickle on there.

so Meh.. I will not go there again.

and no snacks, it's not easy to bring snacks to the office when I'm 350 miles from home.

I'll make up for it tonight though. Probably BBQ so I can look for a plush pig for my offspring, and I have an awful lot of booze that I should finish by Friday.. Open container laws and all that.

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:It wasn't bland, just mediocre; the bread was overly soft, the meat not plentiful enough, The most noticeable flavor should not be the 3 slices of pickle on there.

so Meh.. I will not go there again.

and no snacks, it's not easy to bring snacks to the office when I'm 350 miles from home.

I'll make up for it tonight though. Probably BBQ so I can look for a plush pig for my offspring, and I have an awful lot of booze that I should finish by Friday.. Open container laws and all that.

Ooof, yeah, there's something wrong with that. I have the other half of my roast beef and cheddar sandwich waiting for me in the office kitchen.

Sounds like that'll be a helluva bbq though. Definitely something to look forward to :D

dougall

Nitetigrezz wrote:Ooof, yeah, there's something wrong with that. I have the other half of my roast beef and cheddar sandwich waiting for me in the office kitchen.

Sounds like that'll be a helluva bbq though. Definitely something to look forward to :D

I was at the BBQ place last time I was down here.. best thing was the corn pudding.. I'm going to pay more attention to it this time and see if I can find a similar one when I get home. just in time for PA/Jersey sweetcorn season.

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:I was at the BBQ place last time I was down here.. best thing was the corn pudding.. I'm going to pay more attention to it this time and see if I can find a similar one when I get home. just in time for PA/Jersey sweetcorn season.

Mmmm, that sounds like it could be pretty amazing. I haven't had corn pudding in years. Might have to look up some recipes.

dougall

Nitetigrezz wrote:Mmmm, that sounds like it could be pretty amazing. I haven't had corn pudding in years. Might have to look up some recipes.

I've had it twice in my life, once from this place, and once trying to make a recipe at home.

the recipe at home was too custardy, and the stuff from the BBQ place was too good to slow down and savor to remember what was in it.. so I have to go back.

but if you find any recipes that sound good to you... feel free to share, I'm too foreign to know a good one if it slaps me in the face.

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:I've had it twice in my life, once from this place, and once trying to make a recipe at home.

the recipe at home was too custardy, and the stuff from the BBQ place was too good to slow down and savor to remember what was in it.. so I have to go back.

but if you find any recipes that sound good to you... feel free to share, I'm too foreign to know a good one if it slaps me in the face.

The one I had was great, but my palette was way too underdeveloped to be able to tell how it was made. If you can figure out how the one at the bbq place is made, please do share!

I'll see if ngovednik is up for experimenting in the kitchen. It shouldn't be too hard to find a decent recipe for it, right?

jlarson328

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlarson328

BBQ night tonight! Chicken breast marinating in the fridge now, stopping for some sweet corn on the way home! :D don't make that face, I am the master of the BBQ, my breasts are never dry!

First Birthday of Celebrations 7/11/14, First Shirt Birthday of Celebrations 7/11/14, Birthday Puzzle Mysterious Letter 7/22/14, wife of "MM"

Nitetigrezz

jlarson328 wrote:BBQ night tonight! Chicken breast marinating in the fridge now, stopping for some sweet corn on the way home! :D don't make that face, I am the master of the BBQ, my breasts are never dry!

Mmmm moist breasts.....

Seems like everyone's doing bbq tonight. No clue what we're having. Last night though was sea salt and cracked pepper triscuits with left over refried beans, jerk chicken, and slices of chedder. We weren't very hungry last night (thank you neck pains), but it was still really great.

Ngovednik also declared he finally has a favorite drink that's not hard a. Ace's Pear Cider, has some amazing layers to its flavor.

jlarson328

Nitetigrezz wrote:Mmmm moist breasts.....

Seems like everyone's doing bbq tonight. No clue what we're having. Last night though was sea salt and cracked pepper triscuits with left over refried beans, jerk chicken, and slices of chedder. We weren't very hungry last night (thank you neck pains), but it was still really great.

Ngovednik also declared he finally has a favorite drink that's not hard a. Ace's Pear Cider, has some amazing layers to its flavor.

hehehe, couldn't help myself ;)

Cracked pepper triscuits are SO TASTY, and that pear cider is making my mouth water. There are some terrible ciders out there, but when they're good, they're GOOD.

First Birthday of Celebrations 7/11/14, First Shirt Birthday of Celebrations 7/11/14, Birthday Puzzle Mysterious Letter 7/22/14, wife of "MM"

Nitetigrezz

jlarson328 wrote:hehehe, couldn't help myself ;)

Cracked pepper triscuits are SO TASTY, and that pear cider is making my mouth water. There are some terrible ciders out there, but when they're good, they're GOOD.

We just know how to tempt you ~eyebrow waggles~

They're probably my favorite of all the Triscuit flavors. Still more of a sucker for lightly salted rice cakes though >.< I know, weird.

And yep, we're normally fans of Angry Orchard, specifically Elderflower and Crisp Apple. There's something about Ace's Pear though that just adds an entirely new level to the flavors. It's like a flavor explosion in the mouth.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Nitetigrezz wrote:We just know how to tempt you ~eyebrow waggles~

They're probably my favorite of all the Triscuit flavors. Still more of a sucker for lightly salted rice cakes though >.< I know, weird.

And yep, we're normally fans of Angry Orchard, specifically Elderflower and Crisp Apple. There's something about Ace's Pear though that just adds an entirely new level to the flavors. It's like a flavor explosion in the mouth.

Rye Triscuits are my favorite.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Stupid ciders.

/sulks

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dougall

Mavyn wrote:Stupid ciders.

/sulks

psssst.... they've probably never tried monks. ;)

dougall

Oh... and... ummmmmmm

take a bottle of Angry Orchard Ginger

drink half of it

fill the empty bit of the bottle with fireball whisky

drink

repeat

Mavyn

dougall wrote:psssst.... they've probably never tried monks. ;)

That's their problem. Missing out on ciders is mine.

dougall

Mavyn wrote:That's their problem. Missing out on ciders is mine.

I suddenly feel problem free

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:Oh... and... ummmmmmm

take a bottle of Angry Orchard Ginger

drink half of it

fill the empty bit of the bottle with fireball whisky

drink

repeat

o.o That sounds like a recipe for disaster. I'm not a happy drunk on Whisky. Might still try it just for the flavor though....

I don't remember seeing Monks in the store, but I know we're not a big fan of Strongbow >.< Stella's is pretty good though. Crispin is alright in a pinch. Ace is still the best though.

jlarson328

is it your philosophy?

dougall wrote:I suddenly feel problem free

dougall

Nitetigrezz wrote:o.o That sounds like a recipe for disaster. I'm not a happy drunk on Whisky. Might still try it just for the flavor though....

I don't remember seeing Monks in the store, but I know we're not a big fan of Strongbow >.< Stella's is pretty good though. Crispin is alright in a pinch. Ace is still the best though.

switch the whisky for pinnacle red hot vodka

and I'm quite a fan of Merrydown cider, or K

:/ now I'm craving a ginger snakebite. but I should wait till i am home, too much alcohol to drink in VA already.

jlarson328

I am a fan of Stella for sure. And Whisky. mmmm

Nitetigrezz wrote:o.o That sounds like a recipe for disaster. I'm not a happy drunk on Whisky. Might still try it just for the flavor though....

dougall

jlarson328 wrote:is it your philosophy?

What's a-motto with you?

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Temporary seque: Although not TBT, Ace and I used to beg for knives when Woot was one deal a day. Never got them. The ceramic ones up today are fantastic. I don't know why anyone would need that many, I use two every day and that's about it.
That's all. Carry on.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

jlarson328

dougall wrote:switch the whisky for pinnacle red hot vodka

:/ now I'm craving a ginger snakebite. but I should wait till i am home, too much alcohol to drink in VA already.

that, or a Moscow mule

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:switch the whisky for pinnacle red hot vodka

We'll give it a shot then next time we shop for alcomabooze.

Never had Merridown. Honestly, we only just started venturing into other ciders from Angry Orchard over the past month thanks to the ot I picked up at a grocer that holds a variety of them. We might have to check them out.

For now, I'm just looking forward to the porter I have waiting for me in the fridge. Couldn't partake last night because of the pills I had to take for pain, but I should be able to either tonight or tomorrow :3

Nitetigrezz

pooflady wrote:Temporary seque: Although not TBT, Ace and I used to beg for knives when Woot was one deal a day. Never got them. The ceramic ones up today are fantastic. I don't know why anyone would need that many, I use two every day and that's about it.
That's all. Carry on.

Ngovednik is so damned picky with his knives that I'm just going to let him pick 'em out on his own >.< Every other time I thought there was a great deal going, he'd get that wrinkle in his nose and find some reason or other they weren't the knives he wanted xp

dougall

Nitetigrezz wrote:We'll give it a shot then next time we shop for alcomabooze.

Never had Merridown. Honestly, we only just started venturing into other ciders from Angry Orchard over the past month thanks to the ot I picked up at a grocer that holds a variety of them. We might have to check them out.

For now, I'm just looking forward to the porter I have waiting for me in the fridge. Couldn't partake last night because of the pills I had to take for pain, but I should be able to either tonight or tomorrow :3

No idea if Merridown is available in the US.. just know it's really good though

might have to start brewing some strong ciders.

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:No idea if Merridown is available in the US.. just know it's really good though

might have to start brewing some strong ciders.

That reminds me, ngovednik wants us to purchase a kit for making mead. Love the flavors, but they take six months to make x.x His ultimate goal though is to make the mead described in the Paul Rothfuss books. Apparently the author is offering up the recipe, and from what I've read from users, it's about as good as described in the books. Costly though considering some of the ingrediants.

Doing a quick google search, it doesn't look like they have any vendors in the US x.x I'd have to buy it from the UK. Looks like I'm SoL for that one then. I might poke around and see if there's anything similar in taste.

dougall

Nitetigrezz wrote:That reminds me, ngovednik wants us to purchase a kit for making mead. Love the flavors, but they take six months to make x.x His ultimate goal though is to make the mead described in the Paul Rothfuss books. Apparently the author is offering up the recipe, and from what I've read from users, it's about as good as described in the books. Costly though considering some of the ingrediants.

Doing a quick google search, it doesn't look like they have any vendors in the US x.x I'd have to buy it from the UK. Looks like I'm SoL for that one then. I might poke around and see if there's anything similar in taste.

for a quick simple mead, you can use one of the ambrosia farms short mead kits.. just take 2 lbs of honey and a gallon jug of water, mix and use the kit contents and wait a little

http://www.keystonehomebrew.com/shop/cheese-honey-more/honey/other-honey-mead-products/ambrosia-farm-brigid-s-short-mead-kit.html

That's just a link to our local brewing place, so you can see what I'm talking about.

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:for a quick simple mead, you can use one of the ambrosia farms short mead kits.. just take 2 lbs of honey and a gallon jug of water, mix and use the kit contents and wait a little

http://www.keystonehomebrew.com/shop/cheese-honey-more/honey/other-honey-mead-products/ambrosia-farm-brigid-s-short-mead-kit.html

That's just a link to our local brewing place, so you can see what I'm talking about.

M'kay, thanks. I'll show this to ngovednik and see what he thinks

dougall

Nitetigrezz wrote:M'kay, thanks. I'll show this to ngovednik and see what he thinks

If he thinks it's a crappy idea, then make 2 of them, and you have my permission to keep them all to yourself. Just like someone else did when she made some.

Mavyn

dougall wrote:If he thinks it's a crappy idea, then make 2 of them, and you have my permission to keep them all to yourself. Just like someone else did when she made some.

I offered to share. You snubbed.

I didn't want it to go to waste.

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:If he thinks it's a crappy idea, then make 2 of them, and you have my permission to keep them all to yourself. Just like someone else did when she made some.

XD I'll remember that. Though it looks like she made a good point!

I just finished half of the venti double chocolate chip frapp ngovednik bought to go with our sandwiches. Weee sugar! Going to add some caffeine to the mix in about a half hour or so :3

Mavyn

Just finished chili, rice, with sour cream and cheese. Omnomnom.

dougall

Just starting some smoked brisket,

then I will be breaking down the corn pudding to see if I can reproduce.

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:Just starting some smoked brisket,

then I will be breaking down the corn pudding to see if I can reproduce.

Remember to breath between bites! Might help you break down the ingrediants this time xp

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dougall wrote:then I will be breaking down the corn pudding to see if I can reproduce.

i can think of more fun ways to reproduce.