hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev
unangrybird wrote:I'm buying a case of southern peaches tomorrow since my trees did not produce this year. I use peaches I can in a very light syrup to make dump cakes. If the peaches are nice I'll go back for another case. I still have preserves from last year but just used my last quart or sliced.

Ah, that sounds AWESOME! Everybody meet at unangrybird's house for Dump Cake!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

A Nestles Crunch bar. All by myself. Not sharing. Will feel guilty later.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

unangrybird

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unangrybird
hot72chev wrote:Ah, that sounds AWESOME! Everybody meet at unangrybird's house for Dump Cake!

You know dump cakes are really easy to make. Take a can (store bought or home canned) of any fruit (about a quart) and empty it into a 9x13 pan you have greased with Pam or butter. Dump any flavor cake mix on top of the fruit and then use about 1 1/2 sticks of thinly sliced butter to cover the top of the cake mix like you were baking cookies. Bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes. That's it! Easiest cake to make and endless varieties! Blueberry and peach using either white or yellow cake mix is my favorite.

Forgot another favorite. Cherry pie filling (or canned cherries in juice) and devils food cake mix.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 22 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Bratwurst sausages. Slow-smoked 2+ hrs with sweet sugar maple, pecan & apple wood smoke. German potato salad, sauerkraut, red winekraut, Warsteiner beer.

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall

Not sure but I need to make up my mind.

just got to my hotel in VA, and need to eat. Already have beer, juice and milk.

I suspect I'll go with Bulgogi.

dougall

dougall wrote:I suspect I'll go with Bulgogi.

Place was closed... but I got food and a caramel cheesecake shake elsewhere.

unangrybird

dougall wrote:Place was closed... but I got food and a caramel cheesecake shake elsewhere.

A caramel cheesecake shake? Sounds fabulous!

dougall

unangrybird wrote:A caramel cheesecake shake? Sounds fabulous!

It was.... But alas is now gone.

unangrybird

dougall wrote:It was.... But alas is now gone.

I will be baking a cheesecake this week. Sliced, each piece can be customized so one will be caramel for sure! I haven't made caramel sauce in years the shake is a good excuse.

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 37 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

Yet another place had a soft opening in this area. Got free (and decent!) sushi with soy sauce and wasabi :3

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

dougall

I will be having bulgogi and vodka.

(Or at least I'd better be)

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:I will be having bulgogi and vodka.

(Or at least I'd better be)

We recently picked up a 26 year old rum. Have to be in the right mood for it though >.<

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

Nitetigrezz

Going on a bit of a sugar/caffeine rush with this Mocha Chocolate Chip Frappe from Starcracked o.o

dougall

I have my firemeat, and a roll, and some booze...

AND..I came back to someone having made my bed and picked up all my crap from the floor.

WOOHOO!

dougall

dougall wrote:I have my firemeat, and a roll, and some booze...

AND..I came back to someone having made my bed and picked up all my crap from the floor.

WOOHOO!

Kimbap

Bulgogi

and they only gave me chopsticks to eat it with.... :/

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:and they only gave me chopsticks to eat it with.... :/

~drools~

If I remember right, traditionally sushi of various sort should be eaten using your fingers. When we ate at Mashiko, an amazing sushi bar in Seattle I highly recommend to any sushi lover, the owner who happened to be working the sushi bar that night seriously schooled us in it. Have I mentioned this is one of the best sushi places I've ever eaten at?

Worse comes to worst, hold the plate up and scoop!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dougall wrote:and they only gave me chopsticks to eat it with.... :/

there's prolly a couple billion peeps who'd be happy with chopstix. 2 bln peeps can't be wrong!

dougall

no1 wrote:there's prolly a couple billion peeps who'd be happy with chopstix. 2 bln peeps can't be wrong!

Have them form an orderly queue and give each a number, we'll see how far it lasts.

no1

dougall wrote:Have them form an orderly queue and give each a number, we'll see how far it lasts.

dibs on the square root of -1!

Nitetigrezz

no1 wrote:dibs on the square root of -1!

Oy! Weren't you already yelled at for reality rips?

Sucking on one of those cake pop thingies from Starcracked, a salted caramel one. Really tasty. The sugar high continues!

dougall

no1 wrote:dibs on the square root of -1!

you're not noone.... you're one in 2 billion!

pooflady

No one told me there'd be math.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dougall

pooflady wrote:No one told me there'd be math.

it's just thousands of times better than one in a million.

and, grapefruit vodka with cheerwine.

pooflady

dougall wrote:it's just thousands of times better than one in a million.

and, grapefruit vodka with cheerwine.

Had to Google cheerwine, had never heard of it.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I had a toasted bagel with mayo, bacon and some lettuce. I was too lazy to pick, clean and slice cherry tomatoes (or maybe they are grape tomatoes, I can't recall), but might manage that for my lunch tomorrow.

Oh, and orange soda with whipped vodka.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

I screwed dinner up. It was a pork tenderloin, but I think I didn't do the reduce the sauce part right. The consistency of hot fudge.

Nitetigrezz

pooflady wrote:I screwed dinner up. It was a pork tenderloin, but I think I didn't do the reduce the sauce part right. The consistency of hot fudge.

Eeeew, sounds like you went a bit too long on that.

Hrm... I hope ngovednik remembered that we were supposed to do the meaty (lamb) pasta tonight with the chardonay we recently purchased from a wine tasting.....

Edit: He did! He did remember! And it was probably the best pairing I've had... ever O.O Perfectly balanced, perfectly complimented, just... wow! I'll see if I can find what chardonay it was- I totally recommend it!

dougall

So.... what will be be having for dinner tonight?

suggestions please.

no1

dougall wrote:So.... what will be be having for dinner tonight?

suggestions please.

baby something. panda, mabe.

no1

suggestions please.

roasted bald eagle

dougall

no1 wrote:roasted bald eagle

Spatchcocked might be better for eagle.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
dougall wrote:Spatchcocked might be better for eagle.

You just like saying spatchcocked.

I think I'm having fried squash. Not sure what else.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jlarson328

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jlarson328

suggestions please.

I was going to make some enchiladas, but I got a rewards discount e-mail from a local favorite, so now it will most likely be a BLTA on naan with roasted tomato aioli, and quinoa salad.

Is it dinner time yet??

First Birthday of Celebrations 7/11/14, First Shirt Birthday of Celebrations 7/11/14, Birthday Puzzle Mysterious Letter 7/22/14, wife of "MM"

no1

btw, to get back on topic, i am eating this right now:

Nitetigrezz

no1 wrote:btw, to get back on topic, i am eating this right now:

I freakin' love those things. Lunch isn't for another hour, so I'm munching on oyster crackers.

pooflady

Nitetigrezz wrote:I freakin' love those things. Lunch isn't for another hour, so I'm munching on oyster crackers.

I've never heard of them.

pooflady

Just had a tomato sandwich. Tomato from the garden.

Nitetigrezz

pooflady wrote:I've never heard of them.

They're the small little hexagon shaped puffed crackers they give with cream-based soups. Umm, HERE. The soup place in our building gives out small bags of them, so I try to nab a couple every time I eat there and save them as a between meal snack.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Nitetigrezz wrote:They're the small little hexagon shaped puffed crackers they give with cream-based soups. Umm, HERE. The soup place in our building gives out small bags of them, so I try to nab a couple every time I eat there and save them as a between meal snack.

Oyster crackers are my new go to snack. Always loved them but rarely had them around. Now a jar sits on the counter.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

no1

pooflady wrote:I've never heard of them.

umm, are you talking about the mustard peas or the oyster crackers?