Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 37 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
Mavyn wrote:They still make lemon. I've not tried them to compare. They're trying all sorts of new flavors--banana sundae (apparently awful), watermelon, fruit punch, mint, etc. They had peppermint for Christmas, and they were ok. Not as good as Peppermint Joe-Joe's, but acceptable. The lime are a limited edition for the summer, probably fruit punch as well.

Ah kay, that explains a lot. I remember the mint, which was pretty good, and the peppermint was okay. Haven't seen the other flavors here yet. Might have to keep my eyes open.

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
Nitetigrezz wrote:The bacon was so lean that it didn't even shrink when it was cooked,

While we're not talking about what we're eating...

I think the shriveling of bacon is more to do with water content than quality or leanness.

If I'm not mistaken, the pork belly is injected with brine for the curing process to speed things up, and there's no real reason to work on removing it for retail sale, leaving you with more buck for the pork used.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

braunschweiger sammich w/onion on rye.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:While we're not talking about what we're eating...

I think the shriveling of bacon is more to do with water content than quality or leanness.

If I'm not mistaken, the pork belly is injected with brine for the curing process to speed things up, and there's no real reason to work on removing it for retail sale, leaving you with more buck for the pork used.

If I remember right, the fat is what holds the bulk of the water though. I dunno, I haven't looked into all this since hs >.< And now I feel old.

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Nitetigrezz wrote:If I remember right, the fat is what holds the bulk of the water though. I dunno, I haven't looked into all this since hs >.< And now I feel old.

Still the youngest one posting here. ;)

AND...I just ate a cherry.

I'm going to eat another one shortly.

They're yummy.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Nitetigrezz

Mavyn wrote:Still the youngest one posting here. ;)

AND...I just ate a cherry.

I'm going to eat another one shortly.

They're yummy.

Mmmm cherries....

Btw, how old are you, if you don't mind my asking?

I'm nibbling on some oyster crackers and debating what my real lunch should be. Didn't bring one to work with me, and there are a lot of options here.

Pizza, Hot Dog vender, gyros vender, Jimmy Johns, the soup kitchen that has that amazing chicken chilli... hrm....

Mavyn

40 something.

Mmm, Jimmy Johns! Isn't one close, though.

Lunch was hummus with toasted bread. And carrot sticks.

dougall

sea salt and almonds in dark chocolate chocolove.

Of those lunch options, I'd choose the chili

Nitetigrezz

dougall wrote:sea salt and almonds in dark chocolate chocolove.

Of those lunch options, I'd choose the chili

Hrm... Chicken chili with sliced jalapenos and shredded cheese added to the top, and a large mix of unsweetened and raspberry iced tea... yep, good pick! Thanks!

Is there really no one under 30 posting here? I suddenly don't feel so bad....

unangrybird

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unangrybird

Delightful, plump, perfectly sweet and tart, blueberries (Driscoll's brand). I put them between my teeth and pop them like tiny balloons. This has been a great year for berries from this company. No, I neither work for them nor own their stock but probably am sending someone's kid to college this fall with all I buy!

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 22 Private Messages daveinwarshington
unangrybird wrote:Delightful, plump, perfectly sweet and tart, blueberries (Driscoll's brand). I put them between my teeth and pop them like tiny balloons. This has been a great year for berries from this company. No, I neither work for them nor own their stock but probably am sending someone's kid to college this fall with all I buy!

Weird...
I've been munching on our blueberries (the ones the birds leave us. They even get through netting).
We've got 16 large bushes, and they are just now starting. The early bushes now, the later ones in a month or so...
We freeze lots of 'em!!

Nitetigrezz

Nothing like a cup of Constant Comet for the afternoon.

Nitetigrezz

daveinwarshington wrote:Weird...
I've been munching on our blueberries (the ones the birds leave us. They even get through netting).
We've got 16 large bushes, and they are just now starting. The early bushes now, the later ones in a month or so...
We freeze lots of 'em!!

You're making me miss the three black berry bushes we had back in Cali >.< A gift from over-flying birds, you could almost set your calendar by when they were ready to be picked. Better than anything you could find in the store v.v

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Right now, a chai latte.

Been really enjoying the stone fruit of the season though (nectarines, peaches, plums, cherries).

Hoping to pick blueberries at a local farm soon...

unangrybird

daveinwarshington wrote:Weird...
We freeze lots of 'em!!

I'm jealous!

unangrybird

Nitetigrezz wrote:You're making me miss the three black berry bushes we had back in Cali >.< A gift from over-flying birds, you could almost set your calendar by when they were ready to be picked. Better than anything you could find in the store v.v

We have fruit and nut trees and grapes but don't do well with berries. You'd have to ask our squirrels and bunnies why.

unangrybird

Sugar free peppermint candy and red wine.

Nitetigrezz

Had cold pepperoni pizza, now sitting at the desk with some hot Constant Comment tea.

Mmm, we used to have a persimmon tree, a couple of plum trees, a cherry plum tree, three or four apple trees, different herbs, tomatoes, strawberries, watermelon, zucchini, and peppermint and spearmint that I swear were as bad as weeds.

Damn it, now I miss the old property >.<

dougall

in about 2 or so hours, I'll be happily nomming on kabab sammiches.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!

Nitetigrezz

Chipotle down the street is finally opening, after all these months! They're doing a 'soft open' today and tomorrow that's invite only. Guess who got invited? This gal, that's right! Managed to nab a burrito for me and my fiancee. Going to eat the leftover Subway I brought in and save the burritos for dinner tonight :3 Digging into the free chips and guac now though XD

pooflady

Went out and had a fajita chimichunga. And a peach margarita. Yummy.

jasneko

Summery salad - arugula, peaches, blueberries, almonds, sesame seeds lime juice and a touch of sesame seed oil.

unangrybird

Crushed ice with the juice of a lemon squirted over it.

unangrybird

jasneko wrote:Summery salad - arugula, peaches, blueberries, almonds, sesame seeds lime juice and a touch of sesame seed oil.

Sounds yummy!

pooflady

Picked our first red tomatoes today, so it was BLTs for dinner! Can't be beat. Tomorrow night, hamburgers with thick slices of tomato. Don't know about the next night, but will have thick sliced tomatoes as a side.

daveinwarshington

Hmmm....
Ripe in the garden/orchard...
Blueberries, Raspberries, the last of the Strawberries, zucchini, we ate our first green beans and cherry tomatoes, the lettuce bolted & it's too hot to replant now, cilantro & all the herbs are ready.
The cherries are done (mostly pie type, Montmorency), plums are getting close, apples have quite a while, peaches nave a few weeks, kiwis have a month to go, grapes are in late summer, the thornless blackberries have weeks to go.

pooflady

daveinwarshington wrote:Hmmm....
Ripe in the garden/orchard...
Blueberries, Raspberries, the last of the Strawberries, zucchini, we ate our first green beans and cherry tomatoes, the lettuce bolted & it's too hot to replant now, cilantro & all the herbs are ready.
The cherries are done (mostly pie type, Montmorency), plums are getting close, apples have quite a while, peaches nave a few weeks, kiwis have a month to go, grapes are in late summer, the thornless blackberries have weeks to go.

//drool//

Nitetigrezz

Eyeing a chocolate cookie on my desk and wondering if I should give in to my cravings or wait to share it with ngovednik.

Just polished off the pop from lunch, so going to refill the cup with more iced tea concoction.

unangrybird

Raspberries, blueberries, grapes, in no special order.

jasneko

unangrybird wrote:Sounds yummy!

It was! I had the same thing today, but minus the peaches...

...because there was a large peaches/nectarine/plum recall and I have some super delicious looking ones that I am being told to throw away :'(

jasneko

pooflady wrote:Picked our first red tomatoes today, so it was BLTs for dinner! Can't be beat. Tomorrow night, hamburgers with thick slices of tomato. Don't know about the next night, but will have thick sliced tomatoes as a side.

Fresh tomatoes are the best! Picked some cherry tomatoes from a local farm.... sooooo good, ate them plain and went through them fast!

pooflady

jasneko wrote:It was! I had the same thing today, but minus the peaches...

...because there was a large peaches/nectarine/plum recall and I have some super delicious looking ones that I am being told to throw away :'(

Saw that yesterday. I had a couple of peaches in that time frame. Hoping for the best.

unangrybird

jasneko wrote:It was! I had the same thing today, but minus the peaches...

I read about that too. Bummer. I can't recall where my peaches came from but not my trees! Haven't got sick so I'm going to keep on eating them.

Mavyn

Toasted, split and buttered english muffin with a poached egg yolk.

It was leftover.

unangrybird

A Georgia peach which hopefully is safe to eat.

daveinwarshington

unangrybird wrote:A Georgia peach which hopefully is safe to eat.

I checked the recall list...
My Costco peaches from California are safe...
They are so good!

unangrybird

daveinwarshington wrote:I checked the recall list...
My Costco peaches from California are safe...
They are so good!

I'm buying a case of southern peaches tomorrow since my trees did not produce this year. I use peaches I can in a very light syrup to make dump cakes. If the peaches are nice I'll go back for another case. I still have preserves from last year but just used my last quart or sliced.

dougall

sitting in mcdonalds, drinking black coffee. using their WIFIs

unangrybird

Black coffee, italian sausage patty with white horseradish for diping, using the wi-fi at home

dougall

unangrybird wrote:Black coffee, italian sausage patty with white horseradish for diping, using the wi-fi at home

Colour me jealous.

I'm waiting for the AC on my car to be checked.. And needed to connect to work.